Author Topic: |01| Dream Dazed...  (Read 561 times)

Offline Shane Borderland

• No Rest For The W!cked
    • View Profile
|01| Dream Dazed...
« on: June 23, 2021, 10:27:13 PM »

6/20/21
Borderlands Estate

“It has been awhile since my mind was in it. It has been awhile since my mind has been in it. It has been awhile since I have physically needed this in my life. Two years since I have stepped inside a ring. Then I really wasn’t in it, my mind was nowhere where I needed it to be. So in all reality, it has been a lot longer than just two years. Back then, man I had it all. I had the drive to go straight to the top, but once again had to take some time off. Unfortunately, I haven’t had it in me for quite sometime now. Just recently I’ve had the taste for it. Has it been too long? Do I still have what it takes? Can I still do this? Its a question I have been asking myself since I thought about returning to the ring. All I can say is time will tell...”

BEEP....BEEP...BEEP...

As the scene slowly begins to fade in from black, we see Shane Borderland just making it out of his bed. He rises up, drops his feet to the floor and leans over, elbows touching the top of his knees. He wipes his face and shakes his head.

Shane Borderland: Whats with this dream? Ive had the almost same dream for two weeks now.

Shane rises out of his bed and walks towards the bathroom, closing the door behind him as he enters the room. Sounds of the toilet being flushed is what we hear as the door swings back open.

Shane Borderland: Well I shouldn’t be having the dream after this week. Finally getting back into what I love doing best.

Shane begins to walk towards his bedroom door and right before he reaches the doorknob.

Ring...Ring...Ring...

His cell phone starts ringing. He walks back over and grabs his phone, swiping it to answer the call.

Shane Borderland: Hello?

??: Hey there buddy boy! Its been a long time...

Shane Borderland: Eric fucking Jackson! How the hell have you been man?

Eric Jackson: Ive been doing just fine man. Been training my son Ethan here lately. Ever since he was in GrindStone Wrestling, he has had the fire!

Shane Borderland: How has he been doing with that man? I haven’t seen him in years. 

Eric Jackson: Well unfortunately, the place closed shop years ago. He really didn’t have much a chance in that place. Ever since then, he has been helping him train non stop!

Shane Borderland: No rest for the wicked man. Thats what you always told me back when you use to do your own thing. Speaking of which, im making a return.

Eric Jackson: Are you serious?

Shane Borderland: Yes sir I am.

Eric Jackson: I thought you said you didn’t have it in you anymore?

Shane Borderland: Well just sitting at home is driving me insane man. I cant just lay around here and shrivel up to nothing. I have been thinking a lot about this here recently. Thats why I already mad the decision and sign the dotted line with Sin City Wrestling.

Eric Jackson: So your serious about this?

Shane Borderland: More than ever Eric.

Eric Jackson: Well i’ve heard of Sin City. Not a bad place at all to make ones return. Are you nervous?

Shane Borderland: Actually im not nervous one bit. Im actually more thrilled to step inside the ring and just feel right at home.

Eric Jackson: Well you know my ass is going to fly down there now.

Shane Borderland: Is that so?

Eric Jackson: I have too! Getting to see my boy get back into the ring after taking a long hiatus. I have got to see this! Plus, i know your going to need someone help you get back into shape.

Shane smirks.

Shane Borderland: Yea, you could be right. What About Ethan?

Eric Jackson: I’ll bring him with me. You said you haven’t seen him in years right? So I think it’s time for you to see each other again. Besides while your training, he can be getting his workout on too.

Shane Borderland: Sounds good man. I’ll see you when you get here.

Eric Jackson: That you will my friend. That you will.

A smile comes across Shanes face as he slides his thumb across the phone screen, hanging up the call with Eric.

Shane Borderland: Old times....

Shane tosses the phone onto the bed as he turns and opens his bedroom door and walks out.

6/21/21
Golds Gym

Clanking and groaning is the sounds we hear as the scene slowly fades into play. Weight lifting equipment can be seen throughout the gym. Mirrors covering the entire back wall of the gym, so people can watch themselves as they workout. We see Shane in the corner, doing some squats. He makes one rep, then two.

Eric Jackson: Looks like you haven’t lost your touch.

Shane smiles as he finishes his last rep and and takes two steps backwards, hanging the weight bar back on the rack.

Shane Borderland: I see your ass finally decided to show up Eric.

Eric Jackson: Well you know how it is now days.

They both smile at one another. Shane walks out from underneath the bar, walks over and gives Eric a handshake.

Eric Jackson: So it seems your pretty serious about this.

Shane Borderland: More than I have been in years man. I’ve missed it more than anything.

??: What’s going on punk? Long time no see.

Shane turns.

Shane Borderland: Ethan? Damn man, it’s been a minute.

Ethan Jackson: That it has. Seems like your still in the game though.

Shane Borderland: Got out for years physically. Never could leave it mentally. I always thought maybe it’s time just to hang up the old boots, but every time I did, I just never really could walk away.

Ethan Jackson: Makes sense. I knew once I got my first taste inside the ring, I knew I was at home. Too bad GrindStone never really took off.

Shane Borderland: Yea, that’s what your old man was telling me.

Eric Jackson: Old? Excuse me?

Shane and Ethan smile towards one another.

Shane Borderland: You know what I mean Eric. Anyways Ethan, just keep at it man. You never know, your time could be rapidly approaching.

Ethan Jackson: That’s what im hoping for. I never stopped training. Three hours a day in the gym ever since I followed in the footsteps of this old man here.

Eric raises his arms.

Eric Jackson: For the last time. Im not OLD!

Both Ethan and Shane laugh a little.

Ethan Jackson: Pops always told me to never quit. So I have been training every single morning of my life since GrindStone. So I make him get up with me took keep his ass into shape.

Eric Jackson: Son, I could set at home on the couch for a year straight and still be in better shape than your ass.

Shane cocks and eyebrow towards Eric.

Shane Borderland: Sure sure old man.

Eric slowly turns towards Shane. Slugging his arm with a right hand. Shane laughs a bit before clutching his arm.

Shane Borderland: See you still it yourself man.

Eric nods.

Ethan Jackson: So Shane. Whats your plans for Sin City? I know you’ve been out for some years now. Got any idea how your going to approach it?

Shane Borderland: You know Ethan, I really never think about all that. I just do what I do best and show everyone who I am and what they need to expect. I’m not some jockey off the street. Im a veteran in this business. Just like your dad is. See I know you was just getting your feet wet with your career, but your pops and I, well we know our way around the ring. We know what to do, when to do it, and how to make everything work for us.

Eric Jackson: Thats right buddy ol’ boy. See son, you can’t walk in thinking of a game plan. You gotta walk in that bitch like you own it. Show everyone that they are not messing with just an ordinary person. You gotta stand out from the shadows and make yourself known. Make sure everyone notices you and wants to know who you are and what you’re about. Shane already knows what to do.

Shane Borderland: Walk in like I never even left the place.

Ethan Jackson: Im confused. Never left the place? Did you use to be in Sin City?

Eric smiles at Shane.

Shane Borderland: No. Im just saying once you have been in this world like your dad and I have, every new place you walk into you gotta have that mind set of knowing where you belong and who you are. Sin City knows nothing about me and once they see who I am when I step out there inside that ring. They will know they made the right choice of adding me to their roster. They are going to know that I am top tier in this company and will see I belong at the top.

Ethan Jackson: So your saying they are gonna put you right at the top?

Shane and Eric both begin laughing.

Shane Borderland: Have you taught him nothing?

Eric Jackson: Well we haven’t been through all of that yet. Just been trying to train and get him to where he needs to be. Listen son, what Shane is trying to say is, no matter what they throw at him he will be there knocking it out of the park. Of course they are not going to put him with the top guns of the company as soon as he walks through those doors. They will test him at first to see if he has what it takes. Then they will start trying him out in other areas to see if he is who he says he is.

Ethan Jackson: Gotcha. So never left huh?

Shane Borderland: Exactly. Just like I never stepped foot outside of the business.

Eric Jackson: Well son, start pumping some iron. Im gonna talk to Shane for a bit.

Ethan Jackson: Sure thing. Nice seeing you again Shane. Maybe we can catch up later?

Shane Borderland: Sounds good to me Ethan. Now get your ass to work!

Ethan smiles as he walks off in the distance to a bench. Eric sits down on a bench next to where Shane is.

Eric Jackson: It’s wild to see that your going back into action man. I figured we was all done with that.

Shane Borderland: You know I thought I could just walk away. Everyday it kept taunting me and taunting me to go back. Voices in the back of my head just kept telling me and pushing back towards this life. I don’t believe I could ever just pack up my bags and leave Eric.

Eric Jackson: I understand that man. I honestly do. Im just glad to see you back inside that ring though.

Shane Borderland: You’re not the only one man. I have been thinking about this return for awhile now. Just never really acted on it till last week. Started thinking of the past and how things just went for me. After I joined professional wrestling in two thousand and eleven, my life has been so much better. Promotion after promotion I just kept getting better and better, winning championships, awards. Everything just fell into place. Then it’s like I wondered into a black hole or something. Just staying at home and living life, that’s not for me Eric. Im a fighter and you know this. I need to back inside that ring, where I belong.

Eric Jackson: That you do man, that you really do. Look at it this way. With everything that you’ve been through and everything that you’ve done, you can make a clean slate here in Sin City. You can do whatever in the hell you have wanted to do with some of the others you use to hang with dragging your ass down.

Shane Borderland: Dragging me down? Those was the best times of my life Eric. How can you even say dragging me down? I won the APW Tag Team championships with one of those people that supposedly dragged me down and Tag Team Champions of the year award. Besides, back then is what made me who I am today. I understand what you’re getting at, I really do. But I can’t just forget about the old me, the reason I am standing here today is because of that man and that’s all I know how to be.

Eric Jackson: Look Shane, i’m not telling you to change who you are. Just maybe reinvent yourself a little since it’s only you this time.

Shane Borderland: Im going into Sin City the only way I know how.

Eric smirks.

Eric Jackson: Blowing the top off?

Shane Borderland: Right off that fucking arena.

Eric smiles shaking his head up and down. He gives Shane a fist bump as he gets up off the bench and begins walking over to where Ethan is curling some weights. Shane just sits there watching Eric pump Ethan up as he does rep after rep.

Shane Borderland: This is the life...

6/23/21
Sin City Arena

The scene opens up to Shane Borderland sitting down on a bench inside the locker room. No one around him as he sits there, just looking around the room.

Shane Borderland: It’s been years since I felt someone’s face cave in underneath my knuckles. Doesn’t matter who it is or what it is, nothing is going to come in between me and setting the standards here in Sin City.

Shane kneels over, placing his elbows on top of his knees.

Shane Borderland: You see I don’t know who this guy is im going up against. Im going into the match blindfolded, keep it interesting that way. You see, most people go and read upon their opponent to try and gain that edge. Since this is my first match in Sin City, I would rather just show my opponent instead of talking about his life. All I know is his name and that would be Brayden Hilton. See kid, I don’t know anything about you. Don’t know if you’re new to the game or seasoned like myself. Dont know what you are about or what your goals are. Hell, honestly I could give a rats ass about you. All I know is what is and will happen to you once that bell rings.

A smirk comes across Shanes face.

Shane Borderland: See kid, I know exactly what im going to do with you. Im going to make a statement out of you for the rest in the back to witness. They will see that this newcomer isn’t so new. Yes I may be new to this company, but this is my life. It has been my life for quite sometime now and I’ll be damned if some guy beats me in my debut match. See Brayden, I have been with a lot of companies and I have never lost a debut match and thats not going to happen here or anywhere else my feet decides to make home. Wherever I go I make waves Brayden. People start taking notice and they finally get to see what true greatness actually means. See I can say things like that because I have what it takes to back my words up. You may think Im speaking out of my ass but every single time I prove my opponent wrong. They get to see first and foremost who Shane Borderland really is.

Shane rises up and stands to his feet.

Shane Borderland: Listen here Brayden. It has been many years since I have stepped inside a ring. Been many years since I have sit and spoke about my opponent, but the fire is still burning inside of me. The burning of making my name well known once more in another federation. See I am going to be the next upcoming thing in Sin City. Im the man whose face you will think of and see when you see or hear about Sin City. My goal is to make you the first victim and them keep on steam rolling everyone they throw in my path. No one stands in front of me and what I want Brayden, not even you! My path always starts off a rude awakening and always ends up wearing that prize strap around my waist. Yes I am already speaking about championships Brayden. Why? Because im that damn good. I am championship material and I have proven that numerous of times and I will continue to do so every step I take in this business. Doesn’t matter who is in front of me, they will get demolished.

Shane squints his eyes as he rubs his hands together.

Shane Borderland: But enough about that. Right now all I got on my mind is you and you only. See kid you got my attention. As soon as our match was announced you had my attention. Your going to continue to have my attention until I beat your ass all over that ring. Then once your lying their motionless, covered in your own filth, I’m going to lean over and tell you, I told you so. I don’t play games Brayden, not one built. When that bell sounds off your going to be standing on the opposite side of that ring, staring into the eyes of the devil himself. You will thank god when that bell rings and the match is over because thats going to be the night of your life. I haven’t been this fired up in many of years Brayden and let me tell you. When im this fired up no one and I mean no one can stop me. I have a lot of anger inside of me that will come to surface when we step inside that ring. You’re just the lucky person that got dealt the wrong hand.

Shane tilts his head to the left then to the right, popping his neck.

Shane Borderland: I have been having this non stop dream Brayden. It keeps recurring and that dream was, If I still had what it takes? Well I guess we will both see here soon. You may think I sound like every other superstar that walks inside a federation. But once you see the what I hold, you will fall to the hands of the Bad Boy just like numerous superstars have had in the past. No one has seen what I can do in this company. Some may have heard of me, but never really seen me at work. So once that bell rings Brayden, don’t tell me I didn’t warn you. I’m telling you right now that there is no way in hell you will overcome this obstacle in your life. Im the barrier that stands between you and proving your worth in this company. So once you feel your dreams sliding through your grasps as the ref counts out one..two..3! Don’t say you didn’t see this coming because i’m right here telling you what is going to go down. I will be victorious in this match up and move onto bigger and better things while your still trying to find that first step onto the totem pole. You have been warned kid, don’t say I didn’t tell you so...

Shane lookes deeply into the camera with determination in his eyes and the scene slowly fades off to black.

0-1-0