Author Topic: “Syracuse vs. Brooklyn!”  (Read 429 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Syracuse vs. Brooklyn!”
« on: February 28, 2020, 09:28:50 PM »
 The International leg of the Going Home tour had just begun starting in Scotland, namely the home of Stephan Calloway and during the weeklong break from action that follows every SCW PPV Austin James Mercer said on Twitter that he was interested in issuing an open challenge for a shot at his newly won Internet Championship, sensing an opportunity Caleb Storms answered the challenge and, despite Austin saying otherwise, the match was set.

For the second show of the tour as the bosses had chosen to prioritize Austin’s Blast from the Past Match with Candy against Sam Marlowe and O’Malley but that didn’t mean that Caleb wasn’t in action this week as he was taking on the impressive newcomer Jack Russow in singles competition, win or lose the title match wouldn’t be affected as this wasn’t a Number One Contender’s Match for the title but a win here would put Caleb on the right track, can Caleb win?

The Candy Rooms, Glasgow, Scotland
Friday 28th of February 2020. 16:00pm

How do I get myself talked into these situations?

No, not my upcoming Internet Title Match, that was my idea to answer Austin’s challenge and Katie didn’t find out until later as she was out walking Lemmy when I answered the challenge, nor am I talking about my match against Jack Russow at Climax Control this week (yet) because I don’t get a say in my matches most of the time, if I did I would’ve never had that one on one match against Fenris last year and that’s just for starters.

No, I’m talking about how Katie talked me into bringing Lemmy into a dog friendly salon in Glasgow, yes, you read that right.

Okay to be specific, we used our old friend BringFido.com and Katie chose this place thinking it was a bar, we didn’t find out that it was a salon until we looked it up but we decided to run with it based solely on a “fuck it, why not?” decision which, coincidentally, was my reasoning for accepting Austin’s challenge for an Internet Title Match next week and we ended up getting a spa treatment for all three of us, which brings me back to my question.

And before I get made fun off for this, I’m only having my hair done, Katie and Lemmy are the ones going the whole nine yards!

“Just a few minutes Caleb.” The hairdresser commented and I briefly glanced up from my phone and realized that there was an SCW Camera crew in front of me, how? When? I don’t know but I’m beginning to suspect tat the bosses install tracking devices in our rentcars, then again Hamilton is literally just a twenty minute drive from Glasgow, so they could’ve followed us on the motorway for all I know. “Your wife and your pupper are going to love what I’ve done with your hair.”

“Just remember what I said, I want my hair spruced up not cut short.” I reminded him before running a hand down my face, at least the cameracrew weren’t filming earlier right? “How are Katie and Lemmy doing anyway?”

“You called?” I looked up and saw Katie with her hair done up nicely among other things, in her arms was Lemmy who was sporting a new shiny coat. “Lemmy spent most of his spa session trying to lick the hands of the spa workers, I got him to sit still by promising him treats once we’re done here.”

“To be fair, there aren’t many places were that dog’s tongue hasn’t been.” I commented before face-palming as I could’ve sworn, I heard Archer say “phrasing” in my head, not helped by Katie barely containing her laughter. “I’m just going to shut up before I say something worse.”

“Hey, you said it, not me.” Katie responded before the hairdresser announced that he was done and showed me his work in the mirror, I had to admit my hair was looking nice but that was the most boring day ever and how women can put up with spa days I’ll never know. “You want to take Lemmy outside whilst I pay? It was my idea after all, and you can use this as an excuse to get your promo done.” Katie asked and since I couldn’t argue with her logic, I took Lemmy’s lead before Katie set the pup down on the floor, after giving Lemmy a few minutes to sniff around/get stroked I left the salon with my puppy and got ready to do my promo.

“At My Bloody Valentine III didn’t end the way I wanted as Austin James Mercer walked out the new Internet Champion, however that doesn’t mean that I’m done with the Internet Championship for the time being as next week I’m challenging Austin for the title thanks to Austin’s open challenge that he issued on Twitter last week, so what am I doing in the meantime? Well, this week I’m taking on Jack Russow in singles competition whilst Austin competes in the Blast from the Past Tournament/”

It’s Brooklyn vs. Syracuse.

“You know, unless I’m mistaken and if I am I’m sure Mercedes Vargas will correct me, up until now I’ve yet to face another wrestler from New York since I signed either of my contracts with SCW and yet, here I am in Scotland taking on Jack Russow from Brooklyn, New York, now I have nothing against Brooklyn as I have been to a few metal gigs in Brooklyn over the years but that won’t stop me from winning this match and setting myself on the right course.”

You know what I’m talking about.

“Aside from that? All I know about Jack is that he is a second generation wrestler and is only eighteen years old, all that tells me is that I have the experience edge going into this match and that’s not helped by the fact that I’m turning twenty five later this year and that I’ve been wrestling in SCW for a little under three years now! That said I also know that experience doesn’t mean a guaranteed win and I’ll point to my match against Bill Barnhart last year for a spot in the Six Pack Challenge but I’m younger and smarter than Bill and that means that history won’t repeat itself for you Jack!”

One might say that he doesn’t know Jack!

“This is just another match for you Jack but for me this match is important for two reasons, one, I need to build up some momentum going into my Internet Championship Match against Austin James Mercer next week on Climax Control and two, so far my only win this year has been against Maddox Ayers, since that match I’ve yet to be pinned or submitted for a variety of reasons and I have every intention of keeping that trend going! It’s just unfortunate for you Jack that you just so happen to be in my path as I enter the ring with these goals in mind.”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“I lost the Internet Championship Match at My Bloody Valentine III but next week I’m getting another chance at it, until then I’m getting a warmup match against fellow New Yorker Jack Russow over in Hamilton, Scotland, Jack might be a talented second generation wrestler but his age and inexperience will be his downfall because he had better brace himself as there’s a storm brewing in Scotland, otherwise he’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Calen Storms!”

Katie joined me and Lemmy outside the salon and we headed to the car as the scene fades.
user posted image