Author Topic: Forces of Nature  (Read 595 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Forces of Nature
« on: April 08, 2022, 11:33:35 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, April 8, 2022
Zdunich Room
Azure Resort & Spa
Zakynthos, Greece
9:45 AM  Local Time

Aurora Zdunich: Do you like being back in Europe, Mommy?

Seleana looks at her daughter and pauses. Truth be told, it was a strange feeling being back in Europe, especially with the conflict going on at present. On the one hand, it was close enough to home in Sweden to feel like they were in the same basic ballpark. On the other hand, it was still not her native area the way shows in places like Halmstad, Gothenburg or Stockholm would be. Taking a deep breath, the former multiple-time SCW champion nods affirmatively.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, it is different from where we live.

Aurora nods right back.

Aurora Zdunich: It’s awesome!  I was worried we would get here and it would just be so mid, but it’s not!

Seleana can’t help but frown.

Seleana Zdunich: So mid?

Aurora nods quickly, excitedly.

Aurora Zdunich: Yeah, I was worried we’d get here and it would be disappointing but it’s not!  And you get to wrestle here too?!!!?

A smile comes back to Seleana’s face at her daughter’s enthusiasm.  Aurora always got excited at getting to see her mothers wrestle in person, especially in exotic locales. Greece definitely qualified as exotic to the young girl.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja…

The mile on Aurora’s face only grows in intensity.

Aurora Zdunich: When is everyone else getting here?

Seleana ponders this for a second and then shrugs slightly.

Seleana Zdunich: Christina is not booked but will be here Sunday. Freja and Lucy are here now. Alex, I do not know if she is coming this weekend because she might be busy with other commitments.   

Aurora nods even as she glances at her tablet.

Aurora Zdunich: Ok.

She pauses and then comes across a tweet that makes her almost jump for joy.

Aurora Zdunich: Oh, they won!

Again, Seleana frowns in confusion.

Seleana Zdunich: They…?

Aurora holds up her tablet to show her mother.

Aurora Zdunich: That tournament thingy they’re teaming in, they won their match!

Seleana looks at the screen and sees the listing for Christina and Alexandra’s team.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja? Underbar!

Aurora happily takes her tablet back and starts scrolling some more.

Aurora Zdunich: Oh they’re in the same bracket with Sofia’s cousins!  They finally lost one.  They’re still tied for first though. Mommy and Mommy will have to work to catch them!

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, they will…

Hearing the tone in her mother’s voice, Aurora looks up from her tablet, now it’s her turn to be confused.

Aurora Zdunich: Mommy?

Seleana nods, waving her hand.

Seleana Zdunich: It is nothing, lilla gumman.

Aurora shakes her head.

Aurora Zdunich: No, it’s not, Mommy…

Seleana looks at her daughter and can’t bring herself to deny it again. She inhales, bracing herself for the look that is sure to come to her little girl's eyes.

Seleana Zdunich: Jag har skit i det blå skåpet nu!.   

She lowers her head, feeling every ounce of shame to cascade over her as if she's in the shower letting the water run down all over her.

Seleana Zdunich: It just…

She trails off, trying to figure out how to say things without upsetting the little girl and alo without having it come out poorly to her wives should it be repeated later. Before she can say anything, Aurora sets her tablet down and takes her mother's hand. 

Aurora Zdunich: Mommy, are you sad that it’s not you in this tournament?

Staring straight into the little girl’s eyes, Seleana is taken aback by her directness. After what feels like an age, Seleana finally manages to nod in response.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja…

Aurora squeezes her mother’s hand lovingly.

Aurora Zdunich: Why?

Seleana exhales heavily.

Seleana Zdunich: I have waited… 

Trailing off again, she starts to look away but then forces herself to look Aurora in the eye.

Seleana Zdunich: Christina said we were supposed to be a team when I started in L.A.W.

She nods as she looks away, moving her gaze to the floor.

Seleana Zdunich: I am still waiting.

Aurora pats Seleana’s hand with her free one, trying to reassure her mother.

Aurora Zdunich: Is that why you team with Aunt Z?

Seleana nods sadly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja…  Z asked me when SRW opened to do it because it was different for both of us. She had teamed with Li and Maja. I had wanted to work as a team but we cannot in SCW because they abolished the old tag team championships and only have Mixed Tag Teams now.

She nods to herself as a realization dawns.

Seleana Zdunich: I did not expect that team to extend to three companies.

Aurora smiles sweetly.

Aurora Zdunich: And you still wanna team with Mommy?

Seleana nods sadly, ashamedly. 

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, but I do not think she wants to team with me. We have worked together in many places now but it does not look like it is to be. Z will team with me always but I do not think Christina wants to anymore. She might be upset with me for teaming with Z. She did not speak with me about this at all.

Aurora nods slowly.

Aurora Zdunich: What about Mommy Alex?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: I have never discussed teaming with her.  She has been a singles competitor everywhere I have seen her and she does well. I would love to team with her as well.

She looks down again in shame.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not think she would want to team with me either the way I have…

Aurora shakes her head, cutting Seleana off before she can fully make her statement.

Aurora Zdunich: No, Mommy!  Don’t say they wouldn’t want to team with you because you’re not good enough for them!  You’re a championship caliber competitor!  You’ve won championships here. You’ve won them in WWA.  You've won them in SCW. It was not a fluke! My three mommies are all champions and I would put them up against anybody as a team!

Seleana smiles and pulls the little girl in for a hug.

Seleana Zdunich: Tack min lilla gumman!

Aurora hugs her back.

Aurora Zdunich: I love you, Mommy!

Seleana kisses the top of her head.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja?  I love you too!

On-Camera

Friday, April 8, 2022
Zdunich Room
Azure Resort & Spa
Zakynthos, Greece
4:35 PM  Local Time

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich sitting on the bed in her room modding to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: Mercedes Vargas and Ms. Jon…

She nods to herself again.

Seleana Zdunich: Naturens krafter…

Looking up to the camera, she cocks her head to give an explanation.

Seleana Zdunich: Forces of nature.

Seleana stands up, allowing the camera to take in a full shot of her.

Seleana Zdunich: Ms. Jon is the immovable object and the irresistible force. She is the power you cannot deny.  That woman can destroy everything in her path like a tornado, or a hurricane. The fore when she hits cannot be calculated.

She pauses.

Seleana Zdunich: Mercedes Vargas…

Seleana nods slowly.

Seleana Zdunich: Love her or hate her, you cannot deny that she has won everything there is to win here many times over. She has the recognition clothes crave and yet she is not satisfied.  She too is like a natural disaster that cannot be satiated no matter how much destruction it has already brought to bear! 

She waves her hands out towards the window to encompass her surroundings.

Seleana Zdunich: Here in Greece, on the Greece Lightning Tour, the three of us will meet in the ring. Ms. Jon meets two former World Bombshell Champions! Mercedes and I meet two other forces of nature…

She focuses on the camera and reaches out to seemingly grab the sir to make her point.

Seleana Zdunich: This is like watching a hurricane spawn a tornado while an earthquake is occurring on the same stretch of land! 

She nods for emphasis.

Seleana Zdunich: The destruction on that piece of land will be untold! There is no way to prepare for this encounter! The only thing anyone near it can do iy hope that the storms will pass over and they will still wake up the morning after having survived it all!

Both hands move forward to try to focus the attention.

Seleana Zdunich: I cannot warn everyone watching enough…

She nods pointedly again.

Seleana Zdunich: Mercedes will go to any lengths, sink to any lows she must…

Pausing, she nods again, this time in acknowledgement.

Seleana Zdunich: Or that she simply believes he needs to in order to secure the victory.  This is something she has proven over and over again like no one else in the history of this company!  No one has done it more or better than she has!

Her hands come together, almost as if starting a prayer.

Seleana Zdunich: Ms. Jon is physically capable of doing things to us that no other women in this company can even dream of.  Tempest and Bobbie Dahl might be able to compete in one aspect or another but neither can bring the full package to bear like Ms. Jon can in terms of physical gifts!

She claps once.

Seleana Zdunich: I cannot speak to history but I can say that she is the single most physically imposing woman I have ever borne witness to! Stepping into the ring with her reminds me of the first time I stepped into an enclosure with a dangerous animal before.  I knew it could end poorly but I also knew that not stepping inside was not an option if I wished to remain employed.

She smiles knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: But that is the thing here.

Nodding affirmatively, Seleans points to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: No one has walked into more situations like this than I have.

She points to herself again, this time so that the finger almost digs into her chest through her shirt.

Seleana Zdunich: I have walked into cages with lions, tigers, bears, gorillas, monkeys, birds of prey, panthers, wolves, hyena, dingoes, kangaroos, emus, and many others. Every single one of them should have frightened me enough to leave and not look back. Every one of them could have injured me badly if handled incorrectly. Every one of them could have torn me apart and left me in tiny pieces.

She nods, determination shining through.

Seleana Zdunich: But I am still here. I am in one piece and I am not afraid!

Seleana nods as she points to herself again.

Seleana Zdunich: That should have happened to me every time I stepped into the ring. As everyone I face here is so fond of telling me, I should not be here. I should not be able to hang with them. I should not be able to call myself champion and yet, I can!

She nods forcefully.

Seleana Zdunich: I can do all of those things!

Her hand balls into a fist and bounces off her chest.

Seleana Zdunich: I HAVE done all of those things!

Her head cocks slightly to the right.

Seleana Zdunich: And Mercedes and Ms. Jon will come to find out the same thing everyone else who stepped into the ring with me has found out. I might not be the best trained. I might not be the most talented. I might not be the most schooled but I am the one here and none of you can end me!

She waves her hand through the shot as her head moves back to its original upright posture.

Seleana Zdunich: Talk all you want, but at the end of the day, I will be the one looking back at you and asking, “Is that all you can muster? Is that the best you can do?  It will not be enough to take me down and put me away for good!” 

The camera zooms in to bracket her face.

Seleana Zdunich: I am Seleana Zdunich and you cannot break me!