Author Topic: Confusion Control  (Read 356 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Confusion Control
« on: April 27, 2018, 05:07:07 PM »
 A gymnasium and training center, this had basically been Seleana Zdunich’s home for the last six months after being set-up on what was not even a blind date with a championship professional wrestler Crystal Hilton by another wrestler called Stacy Jones that was a friend of Seleana’s family. Seleana takes in her surroundings and then nods as she turns on the camera to her phone on the end of the selfie stick given to her by Crystal not long ago for things like this very situation.

Seleana Zdunich: Heya, how’s it?

She smiles brightly, her long blonde hair cascading down onto her shoulders, her blue-green eyes shimmering in the light as her Swedish accent manages to caress every word.

Seleana Zdunich: As you can see, I’m here at a friend’s training facility here in Las Vegas.

She swings the camera so it can see a sign that says the name “Maguire’s” on it hanging just over the door. As the camera pans back, a glimpse of Seleana in her black wrestling shoes, black spandex onesie can be seen before it settles on her smiling face again.

Seleana Zdunich: A fellow wrestler called Eavan Maloney pointed me here. Her girlfriend, Alejandra, comes here for boxing instruction and I was pleasantly surprised to discover this was run by a family I was already acquainted with. It is here that I will ready both myself and your own “Blossoming Rose”, my fiancée, Christiana Rose, for you, my new home for professional wrestling, Sin City Wrestling!

She nods, sighing loudly.

Seleana Zdunich: I am sorry, I am not very good at this part yet. My cousins and sister tell me it will get easier but I am…

Seemingly losing herself in thought momentarily, Seleana glances away to the door and then back to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: Förvirrad…

Catching herself, he nods apologetically.

Seleana Zdunich: Confused…

She nods, steeling herself for what is to come.

Seleana Zdunich: But I will do this to the best of my ability! I am Seleana Zdunich and I cannot wait to show SCW what I can do!

A smile forms and she blows the camera kiss.

Seleana Zdunich: Hejdå för nu!

She turns the camera off and then sets it aside next to her gym bag by the wall. She takes a second for herself and exhales forcefully, the reality of the situation settling.

Seleana Zdunich: I can do this…

She nods to herself, scanning the entirety of the building, visibly trying to build herself up for this idea.

Seleana Zdunich: Kia kaha, Chickie, you can do this…

Nodding again, she looks to the ring and stares at it in wide-eyed wonder. She was going to be the teacher now…

Seleana Zdunich: What am I doing?  

She steps back and slowly sits down next to her bag, almost sinking down into the floor itself as she goes, reaching blindly around and pulling her phone off the selfie stick.

Seleana Zdunich: I…

Shaking her head, she just stares at the ring in stunned silence.

Seleana Zdunich: How… ?

She releases her grip on her phone, her hands moving up to cover her mouth, a look of abject terror and despair coming over her face.  

Seleana Zdunich: I… can’t…

Her eyes start glisten as they moisten, her jaw clenching and her teeth grinding as she stares into the abyss before her.

Seleana Zdunich: I… Jag vet inte vad jag ska göra!

Tears start to stream down her face, as her head tilts forward, her hands still covering her mouth in horror but now shifting slightly to try and cover the rest of her face as well.

Seleana Zdunich: För fan i helvete!

She leans back against the wall, looking like she’s trying not to be sick, her eyes closing even as the tears continue to fall.

Seleana Zdunich: Din jävla idiot!

She pounds her fist against the wall as she looks up to the ceiling, seemingly searching for the answers that are obviously not coming.

Seleana Zdunich: Vad ska jag göra?

Her gaze moves slowly from the ceiling to the ring sitting a hundred feet away. She shakes her head, visibly shaken just by the sight of it. She sighs heavily, her voice barely managing to escape her lips.  

Seleana Zdunich: Vad ska jag göra?

As she starts to sink even further into the floor, her phone rings. She reaches down to pick it up and looks at the name staring back at her.  

“Zenna Zdunich”

A smile comes to her face at the sight of her younger sister’s name and she quickly answers, putting the phone on video. As she does, she sees a shot from inside an airport with three smiling face to greet her. In the middle is her middle sister, the red-haired, green-eyed Zenna, to the right is their blonde-haired, green-eyed baby sister, Katra Zdunich, and to the left is Zenna’s fiancée, the black-haired and brown-eyed Linnéa Lacroix. Seleana can’t help but smile and tries her best to pull herself together.

Seleana Zdunich: Heya, Chickies, how’s it?  

All three wave back to her even as they notice the look on her face.

Zenna Zdunich: What’s wrong, Sarabi?

Linnéa nods her own concern, her New Orleans accent standing out in stark contrast to the other three women’s Swedish ones.

Linnéa Lacroix: You almost look like…

She cuts herself off from finishing that thought but all three Zdunich Sisters seem to catch on quickly with Seleana shaking her head to try and dispel the thought.

Seleana Zdunich: We are still together, Li, no worries. I am just…

Trailing off, Seleana flashes the phone towards the ring so the other three women can see where she is.

Seleana Zdunich: It is training day.

She turns it back to herself and nods to them.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m just nervous as.

Katra frowns in confusion and Seleana nods before the youngest sister can even say what’s on her mind.

Seleana Zdunich: I…

Zenna and Linnéa both nod underatadningly, knowingly.

Zenna Zdunich: You know what you’ve been asked…

Linnéa Lacroix: But you have no idea how you’re gonna do it?

Seleana nods sadly.

Seleana Zdunich: Estrellita…

Katra shakes her head again, her own confusion seemingly growing by the second. Seleana sees her baby sister’s concern and sighs.  

Seleana Zdunich: She’s exhibiting signs again.

Katra turns to Zenna and Linnéa  as the two nod knowingly.

Zenna Zdunich: Christina Rose…

Seleana nods.

Linnéa Lacroix: Ain’t that her legal name?

Seleana nods again.

Seleana Zdunich: I’ve met Rose as well. I’m not keen to repeat that. Christina Rose has been pleasant enough so far. I just wish…

She trails off, biting her lip.

Seleana Zdunich: I don’t know what to do. Christina wants me to train her the way Crystal trained me but how do I train? I’m still a rookie, I know nothing!

Her family nods to her.

Zenna Zdunich: You know more than you think, Sarabi. You’ve been watching Alexi for a decade and you’ve been watching Li and me for years as well. Crystal taught you well, you worked wonders in L.A.W. in the short time you were there.    

Linnéa nods her agreement.

Linnéa Lacroix: You didn’t look like a zookeeper masquerading as a fighter, Sel, you looked ready. Crystal did a wonderful job prepping you in a short time. I honestly don’t know how y’all did that because it took me that long last year just to knock the rust off. I wouldn’t have felt as ready as you were…

Zenna nods as well.

Zenna Zdunich: Me either. I know Maja was helping me, but I had been working out again for six months when I made my return to the ring and I still wasn’t as ready for that as you were.

Seleana nods, sighing aloud again.

Seleana Zdunich: I just wish I knew what…

The anguish building up again, Seleana tries to swallow it down.

Seleana Zdunich: I love her so much, I’m not keen to fail her. This is scary as!

Linnéa Lacroix: You won’t, Sarabi!

Zenna and Katra both nod their agreement.

Katra Zdunich: You… no fail…

Zenna can’t help but smile as Katra forces the words out knowing the effort it always took her to speak English.

Zenna Zdunich: You’ve got this, Sarabi. She would not have asked this of you if she didn’t feel you capable. She’s sharing everything of herself with you. You’ve even managed to bond with her daughter!  

Seleana Zdunich: Men hur gör jag det här?

Zenna and Katra look on their sister sympathetically while Linnéa manages a supportive smile.

Linnéa Lacroix: Just treat it like you’re back at Orana Park. Christina is one of your animals that you need to train to be able to help them, care for them. That’s all this is, Sarabi. She’s calling on your skills that way and you DO know how to do that. You’ve been doing it your entire adult life! Treat this like it’s a rescue animal, she already knows most of what she needs to know, you just have to get her to show it again.

Seleana stares at them for a second and then smiles.

Seleana Zdunich: I will do that, thank you, Li.

Linnéa nods and smirks playfully.

Linnéa Lacroix: Of course, kia kaha, Chickie.

Seleana, Zenna and Katra can’t help but smile at Linnéa’s usage of the New Zealand saying.

Seleana Zdunich: Jag älskar er alla!

Zenna Zdunich: Jag älskar dig, Sarabi!

Katra Zdunich: Jag älskar dig!

Linnéa Lacroix: I love you too!

Seleana nods and then glances behind them.

Seleana Zdunich: Why are you in airport? I thought you were using a tour bus with Adriana?

Zenna nods.

Zenna Zdunich: Li and I have to fly to Asheville for the Hybrid card tonight. Maja and I are teaming on the preshow. Then we have to fly back to Columbus to make the show with Adriana after!

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Better let you go then!

Zenna, Katra and Linnéa all nod and the call ends. As Seleana readies to set the phone down, Crystal looks on from the doorway, hoping Seleana doesn’t notice that she was there the whole time and saw and heard everything. It had been hard for her to watch but now a smile was on her face as she readied herself.

Crystal Hilton: I love you, Seleana…

She steels herself and then walks into the room, beaming as only Christina Rose can.

Christina Rose: Heya, Chickie, how’s it?  

Seleana looks over and smiles as Christina bounds over to her.

Christina Rose: Did I say it right? I wanna be able to do this just like you and Miss Hilton!

Seleana hugs Christina, nodding as she does so.

Seleana Zdunich: Yes, Chickie, you did!

Christina hops excitedly as she hugs Seleana back.

Christina Rose: Thank you for this! I don’t want to let Miss Hilton down and you’ve been so nice about everything and I’m ready to start this!

Seleana smiles at Christina’s enthusiasm.

Seleana Zdunich: Alright, then if you’re keen, let’s begin.

The two walk over to the ring wearing matching outfits and start going through the motions and maneuvers that Christina will need to know. After a couple of hours of Christina running, jumping, falling and grappling some, the two step out of the ring and head to the showers. Another twenty minutes later and they walk over to Seleana’s gym back, put her phone back on the selfie stick and turn it on. The camera opens on Seleana and Christina checking themselves even with towels around their necks.

Seleana Zdunich: Are you keen for this?

Christina nods so excitedly, her glasses almost bounce off her face.

Seleana Zdunich: Hi, Sin City Wrestling, Christina Rose and I just thought we’d ask…

Both: Heya, how’s it?      

Seleana nods her approval and Christina starts bopping around happily.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m new to this company and Christina thought it might be a good idea to introduce as together since we might just be Hollywood Angels together…

They both pause to stare at each other playfully, both looking on in mock shock and amazement as if the thought had never occurred to either of them before that very instant. They both look back to the camera and smile.

Seleana Zdunich: We’re just being silly as. Christina and I have been hard at work here getting ready for Climax Control since this’ll be my debut… dare I say…  premiere?

Christina beams, pride coming of her at Seleana’s use of this word.

Seleana Zdunich: I have to make a good first impression and to get into the six-sided ring, where, I have admittedly never been before, to take on a blast from SCW’s past…

Christian shakes her head.

Christina Rose: No, no, that’s a different thing here.

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: I know but, she’s a star from the past and that’s a thing going on so I was trying to be cute.

Christina gasps.

Christina Rose: Oh, then go ahead!

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Parand Ara is coming back to SCW just as I am coming in for the first time. Now, I admittedly know very little of her but what I have heard is bad.

Christian nods slowly, looking concerned.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not know if that is how you will still behave now but if it is, I will feel obligated to show you that I am no pushover and that I will do my best, give my all to show you some manners in that ring! I am told you are from Syria and dress appropriate for that area. I am also told that you will most likely look down on me because I enjoy a good time, because I am with a woman and most of all…

She pauses and looks at Christina Rose lovingly. Nodding, Seleana looks back to the camera with Christina smiling next to her, seemingly just happy to be there.

Seleana Zdunich: Because of who my fiancée is.

Christina smiles, touched, squeezing Seleana’s hand encouragingly.

Seleana Zdunich: This is not the first time someone has been down on me because of a dating choice, nor is this the first significant other I have had with a reputation others wish to use against me.

Seleana’s gaze hardens as Christina nods again, seemingly rooting her on.

Seleana Zdunich: But you should know I spent nearly ten years’ time in New Zealand working at Orana Wildlife Park and in that time I saw how animals cope with all things. I also saw how people cope and survive when challenged by things, be it weather, time, loss, money, or even three major earthquakes that threatened to level the city I called home. I may call this country home now, but I am still that same girl that went far away from my home in Sweden to the other side of the world just for an opportunity to work with the things I loved and this is no different! I am here because I love this sport and because I love my new family and there is nothing you can do to hurt that! Sin City Wrestling called me “renowned” when they announced my signing and I am here to prove that while that might have been stretching the truth then, it will not be for long! Parand Ara, I am sorry for whatever turned you into what you have been and I hope you learn to see the world with new eyes…

She shakes her head, this time it’s her turn to squeeze Christina’s hand supportively.

Seleana Zdunich: But I will not kneel for you simply because you think you are better than me! If you are as others say you are, I will show this Cat has claws and she isn’t afraid to use them!

Seleana turns the camera off and lowers the stick.

Seleana Zdunich: Come on, let’s go get some refreshment. After our workout, we can use it, assuming, of course… that you’re keen?    

Christian can’t smile brightly enough.

Christina Rose: I’d love to!

Seleana nods, puts the selfie stick into the bag, picks it up and leads Christina out into the bright world they find themselves in, never letting go of her hand as they go.