Author Topic: ● BITTER AND JADED ●  (Read 297 times)

Offline GUY

• View Profile
● BITTER AND JADED ●
« on: September 15, 2017, 05:12:14 PM »

\'user

● A CONCERNING MANNER ●

Moments ago out in the ring Cadence Carter had just competed in her toughest match to date. It was named an I Quit match between her and the SCW Bombshell Roulette Champion, Samantha Marlow. As Cadence found herself coming back through the curtain with a little bit of help. The young girl was favoring her arm. Blood was tripping from her forehead. It had began to stain her gear. Needless to say she was a little worse for wear. Especially never being in a match like that. Her eyes were shifted to the floor. This expression on her face said it all. She wasn’t happy, not even in the least bit. Doctors and stage hands were attempting to speak to her. Yet Cadence was ignoring them all as she pushed past them.

Doing everything she could just to get to the locker room area. Her persistence eventually worked out for her. She made her way out of the gorilla position and seemingly away from everyone else. She began to make her way down what seemed like an empty hall. That expression on her face didn’t change any. If anything it seemed the depression was starting to settle in a little more on the young girl. Thankfully, she was reaching the locker room door. She grabbed a hold of it with the arm that didn’t hurt. About to twist the handle of the door when she heard “Cadence” being shouted. Her head turned to where the voice came from. Off a bit in the distance she could see her girlfriend, partner in crime, and trainer sprinting towards her. Jasmin coming right up to her.

t h e d y n a m i t i c b o m b s h e ll
J A S M I N ● M A R Q U E Z
“Are you okay? Please tell me, you’re okay!”

First time Cadence had seen Jasmin in such a frantic. She reached out and looked at the head wound that Cadence had. Blood still dripping from the cut.

“Oh gosh. That’s going to need stitches. We need to get you to a hospital, right away.”

There was such a shakey tone to her voice. Jasmin truly seemed bothered by what she had watched happened to Cadence. Then again that should have bothered someone that you were in a relationship. Seeing them beat up, seeing them bleeding, seeing them in pain. That isn’t meant to be something to take lightly and isn’t something to not become concerned about. Cadence seemingly couldn’t get a word in.

“How’s the arm? Do you think it’s broken? Let me see...”

Jasmin found herself attempting to reach out and grab the injured arm of Cadence. Yet this was quickly put to a stop when the Future Headliner pulled herself back. Jasmin looked shocked her as her facial expression became more concerned.

t h e f u t u r e h e a d l i n e r
C A D E N C E ● C A R T E R
“Can you knock it off for a second?”

“Cadence, I’m just making sure that you’re alright.”

“You saw what happened out there. That’s why you sprinted back here. Clearly, I’m not alright. My body hurts. I’m bleeding. I feel like my arm was damn near yanked out of it’s socket. But that’s just the physical pain.”

“Obviously sugar. I wasn’t aiming to upset you or anything. I just want to make sure you’re fine and get you the help that you need. In the long run it’s all going to be okay. I promise.”

“Is it really Jasmin? Is it REALLY all going to be okay?”

For a brief moment Cadence found herself snapping back at Jasmin for a moment. Again this caused Jasmin to take a step back. This time though she cocked her head to the side. She wasn’t one to take someone’s shit, regardless of how Cadence might have felt right now. She was showing concern and she wasn’t going to be snapped on for it. Before she had the chance to say anything Cadence beat her to the punch.

“It’s not going to be okay, Jasmin. Nothing about this is ever going to be okay. Yes, a wound can be stitched up. It’ll hear. Yes, with time the pain in my arm will go away. Eventually the sweat will dry up and the aches everywhere else will go away. I can get the blood out of my gear. But the pain I feel right now on an emotional level. Will not and cannot be healed.”

“Huh? What are you talking about, Cadence?”

“The pain that comes with embarrassment.”

She stated with this tone that made her sound very bitter. Made her sound very upset about the matter at hand.

“I prepared for this match like no other. I was in the gym. I was in the ring. I watched tape after tape. I did everything that I possibly could to ensure that I could compete for the championship. I wanted to make sure that this was a match that I’ll never forget. Even if I didn’t leave with the championship, I at least wanted to make an impression. But that isn’t the case.”

“C’mon Cadence. Don’t think like that. You did make an impression. You proved a lot tonight.”

“I did? What exactly did I prove out there Jasmin? Did I prove that I should have never been competing for the championship in the first place? Did I prove that I had no business being in the ring with someone like Samantha? Did my inexperience prove that professional wrestling isn’t for me?”

“You’re overreacting just a little bit, doll. None of that happened.”

“That’s bull and you know it!”

Her eyes narrowed in the direction of her girlfriend for that brief moment. Cadence’s emotions were all coming out at once. This wasn’t a good thing. Cause it could have let to a whole different issue. One that might cost her, Jasmin if she didn’t chill with her attitude.

“I’m not a fool and neither are you, Jasmin. You know as well as I do. You heard those people in the crowd laughing when I found myself out of my element. You know you heard those people snickering when a girl threaten to break my arm. You know you heard the comments that implied I didn’t belong here. I looked like trash in that ring. I was completely buried and I was completely embarrassed. I can’t come back from something like this.”

“Ye...”

“... No! No, I can’t! And worst of all, I don’t think this company has any actual belief in me. If anything this might have just been something to set me up for failure all along. Which if that’s the case. Congratulations to them. They managed to get it done. I failed. I failed badly and I failed to the point that I think I’m making a career changing decision.”

“What?!”

“I don’t think I want to do this anymore.”

Her words seemingly echoed throughout the hall of the arena. Jasmin’s jaw dropped and she had this expression on her face like she couldn’t believe what she just heard. Cadence shook her head a little bit. Nothing else being said as she gripped the door handle of the locker room heading inside and slamming the door shut behind her leaving Jasmin outside. Nearly right away she flopped herself down in the steel chair next to her bag and sat there. Her head was hanging low and she was staring at the floor. Tears starting to form in her eyes. The doubt had began to creep into her mind. Maybe wrestling wasn’t for her. Maybe she didn’t have what it took. Maybe she just needed to go back to being a model. Hell, at the very worst go back to being a hooters waitress. After all not like anyone would truly care. Didn’t seem like she was respected as it was. What Cadence was going through at this moment was one of the worst things anyone could go through and in the long run SCW might be losing a talent.

● BITTER AND JADED ●

For the first time in the life of Cadence Carter. She found herself outside of the United States. Of course this wasn’t a situation where the young girl decided to go on a wild adventure. Nor was it a situation where she felt the need to go on vacation. Instead the outside of the country trip was actually work related. Sin City Wrestling was officially on tour and their first stop happened to be Christchurch, New Zealand. It was going to be a brand new experience for the so called “Future Headliner”. Not only had she never been outside the country before, but she wasn’t familiar with wrestling fans of different cultures. There was a sense of confusion on what she would be met with when she stepped into the ring on Sunday Night.

Truth be told the moment that Cadence had arrived in New Zealand. She hadn’t been thinking about the match. In fact she hadn’t been thinking much about professional wrestling in the last few weeks. For good reason, but with not having a lot of friends and not being someone that was too vocal. No one would have had known that. Which is why when she arrived with her not being on the company, her match coming up, or wrestling in general. The girl had been out sightseeing and doing her best to take in a new culture. Though as much as she was taking in the sights. At some point she knew that she was going to have to deal with what she was here for. Today was that day, just two days before Climax Control.

Thanks to the company being pretty generous and always willing to help out talent anyway that they could. They always made sure to have a camera crew available when talent get spurr of the moment inspiration. With said crew in position Cadence found herself standing directly in front of the cameras when they began recording. The New Zealand skyline behind her. She left a small smile cross her dark lipstick covered lips and began to address the viewers.

“Hello Sin City Wrestling. Long time no see, huh?”

Pausing for that very moment with the smile spread across her lips.

“Well, I suppose that it hasn’t been that long. Kind of just seems like it’s been awhile doesn’t it? After all Violent Conduct was on September Third. Here it is September sixteenth. The last time you heard from me was thirteen days ago at Violent Conduct. On the night that I competed for the SCW Roulette Bombshell Championship. The biggest match of my career. The night that I laid it all on the line in an I Quit match. A match that I had never been in before. I was way out of my element. Had the cards stacked against me. The odds weren’t in my favor, but boy did I give it a fight.”

Nodding her head a little bit. Taking a small trip down memory lane just thirteen days ago. One of the hardest matches she had ever been in. Especially for a girl that had never been in that situation and one that’s considered a rookie in the business.

“On that night when the dust settled. I had failed to become the SCW Roulette Bombshell Champion. As sad as it is, I found myself in a compromising situation. I couldn’t get myself out of it and therefore I had to utter the embarrassing words of I quit in front of thousands of people. Trust me ladies and gentlemen on that drive back to my home in Los Angeles. I beat myself up over situation. Sure, it was my first I Quit match. Sure, it was the first time competing for a championship. But I have high standards for myself. I wanted to overcome those odds more than anything. However the fact that I had to go through that embarrassment is the thing that hurt the most. That’s all I thought about on my drive home. That’s all that I dreamed about for a few days. It was something that I couldn’t seem to get away from.”

For a brief moment she stood there shaking her head a little bit at a time. There was a clear look of disappointment on her own face. Didn’t last too long before her expression on her face changed again. Seemingly lighting up a little bit.

“After those few days of sulking and after those few days of feeling embarrassed. I found myself starting to have a little bit of a different mindset. All because I found myself starting to look at things a little differently. I found myself starting to look at the bigger picture. More importantly I found myself starting to look at things in a way that maybe the company doesn’t want me to look at them. For the sake of the company not wanting to be looked at in a negative manner. But at the same time I think it’s time the company learns what I’ve also had to learn. Not everything is sunshine and rainbows.”

Those words right there were going to stand out. For two different reasons. One it had some “drama” for the lack of the better term to it. Any drama was going to make people pay attention to it. That was kind of the nature of life. Then the other reason it was going to force people to pay attention was who it was coming from. Cadence was such a sweet girl. No one would ever expect her to have something negative to say. Yet here she was with the possibility of something rather negative about to come out of her mouth.

“Now let me start off by saying that I am not out to talk trash about Sin City Wrestling. I’m not out to trash Mr. Underwood or Mr. Ward. I’m not out to force anyone to start looking at the company in a negative way, but instead what I am out to do is express myself. I’m out to explain how I feel and express how I see things. Not everyone is going to share my opinion, but I’m not expecting anyone to do so either. This is just a matter of me saying what I feel needs to be said. Pardon my language here, but mama didn’t raise a bitch. Instead she raised a woman to speak her mind. And I am a firm believer that the last couple of matches I’ve had in SCW have had some shady business behind them!”

Once again a statement like that was going to catch people’s attention. Cadence’s eyes were focused right on the cameras when she proceeded to let those words come out of her mouth. Of course there was a certain kind of fire in her eyes at the same time.

“First question that’s going to come out of people’s mouths are going to be how can I think something like that? People are going to ask me, just exactly why I’ve come to that conclusion. While at the same time pointing out that there can’t be anything shady going on, because I’m the one that’s being put in positions to perform well. Because I am being put in positions that are helping my career further itself. People might even say that I as a rookie have no right to say something like that and instead I should work on actually being good enough to win. Although people saying that are the people that aren’t in my shoes. They’re not the ones that are having things happen to them. And with that being said, how I feel right now? I don’t think it matters about wrestling. I’m always improving. Sure, I’m not where I could be and not as good as most women on the roster, but like I said when it comes down to it. I don’t think it comes down to wrestling. Matter of fact I think it comes down to “character development” as people have put it. Or in the terms most wrestling fans can understand. I think it comes to a so called “gimmick” that these women have.”

As she spoke up there was this hint of pure disappointment in her voice. Really made the woman sound as if she was not the least bit happy.

“Part of me wants to think that the company wouldn’t be like that, but at the same time when I look at things. I can’t seem to come up with a better answer. Take the match that I had with Polly Playtime a few weeks ago for an example. Going into that match, there’s not a single person that could say that she outshined me. Anytime I promoted that match, I talked the talk. I had people invested. I had people wanting to see that match. When I pick up a microphone, I find a way to shine because I know that being able to talk the talk is just as important as being able to walk the walk. As far as I was concerned going into that match, I let it be known what I was all about. On the other hand Polly had done nothing more than just repeat everything she had been saying about everyone else for the weeks before. Called me a victim, said I was just another name on her list, and talked about how I was in her way of her championship match with Evie Banng. Literally, you could have cut, copy, and pasted that promo against me with every other promo she had cut when facing the other girls on her so called list. She didn’t outtalk me by any means.”

Keeping that gaze of hers on the cameras before her. She shook her head from side to side to back up the point that she was making. Granted one was going to have to assume that being so vocal in the way that she was. She was bound to get herself some enemies more than friends.

“But that’s where the people that think they know everything are going to say that talking doesn’t matter. That’s when those people are going to say that all that matters is the actual wrestling. All that matters is what takes place in the ring. You’re right most of the time. It does come down to being in the ring. It does come down to wrestling. Like I said most of the time. Plus, when you think about it. The girl didn’t even actually out wrestle me. I made her look like more of a rookie than I did when the two of us when between those ropes with each other. I was doing things that had the girl on edge and things that she never expected to see coming. On more than one occasion I came within seconds of defeating her, but in the end it was Polly who won. Not by skill though. She had to put her feet on the ropes for the extra leverage on a pin.

Essentially she cheated to win in the first place. But the reason I think she got away with cheating. The reason I think the referee was seemingly blind to her is because I feel the company might have had a hand in that. Polly had this big time “story” behind her. She was making a comeback to her title. She had the “gimmick” of being the underdog. After all who couldn’t get behind someone like that? Most of the fans were. It would make sense that SCW would want to protect Polly and protect their investment in the SCW Bombshell World Championship match. Can’t have a title match if the woman making her run to the title loses just a few weeks beforehand. I completely understand, but at the same time I’m not going to stand for having that happen at my expense.
”

Her tone of voice was making the otherwise bubbly and happy Cadence sound very bitter. Made her sound very jaded in some aspects. Certainly a side to her that SCW was not used to seeing or hearing by any means.

“Maybe just maybe though, that was just one of those situations that didn’t make sense. Maybe it was just one of those situations where I couldn’t really accept the loss and I went looking for another reason to blame it on. That’s normally not me, but maybe that was the case. However let's fast forward to Violent Conduct shall we? I am in the ring with Sam Marlow. The SCW Bombshell Roulette Champion. I’m in there with a woman that has had quite a hand in the Bombshell division for quite sometime. I knew going into that match I was up against the biggest challenge of my entire life. Even with the match being over. I hundred percent stand by that statement that it was the hardest match I’ve had and the biggest challenge to date. Might be quite sometime before that’s ever outdone. But now that the match is over. Now that I’ve had time to think about things. I can’t help but start to piece together a few things. I can’t help but look at things in a different way than what everyone else is looking at them.

For example Samantha Marlow has had this “sweetheart” gimmick for the entire time that she’s been part of the roster. A gimmick in which is meant to paint her as this upbeat bubble-gum pep in her step kind of gal. When I think about it, she’s not that much different from Polly Playtime. The similarities are quite obvious with the way they carry themselves. Not to mention this whole underdog thing that’s going on for them. Which brings me to where my set has shifted. Samantha Marlow was lost in the shuffle for quite sometime due to the research I’ve done. She’d pick a win here or there, have a match every so often. Yet none of it had any real significance. Then she finally manages to not only earn herself a shot at the Bombshell Roulette Championship but actually win the thing as well. A staple to the division is once again back on top and people are behind her once again. Makes sense that SCW wouldn’t want me, the rookie to upset such an quote unquote icon to the division.
”

In that moment Cadence found herself pausing and maybe for good reason. It almost was like she wanted people to think about the things that were coming out of her mouth. Again as she stated she wasn’t saying this to convince people or to paint the company to look bad. Instead she was simply speaking up and speaking her mind. She did have a right to her own opinion.

“Not only does it make sense, but I am sure the fact that Samantha is dating a former major star within SCW kind of helps her out in more ways than one. Maybe this is just a matter of the company doesn’t see me as a star. As much as they try to tell me that they are impressed every single time I step in the ring. Maybe the company just doesn’t seem me as someone that could one day lead their company, you know despite officials constantly telling me that they see me as a champion one day. Maybe Sin City Wrestling just doesn’t see me as someone that fits the mold. Despite them telling me over and over again that I am valued here. Thing I hate the most in life is when someone is dishonest. Legitimately, that gets under my skin more than anything else. I would much rather the officials of this company to tell me that I’m trash. I’ll never make it. I don’t have the tools to sit on top of the division. I’d respect that so much more than to find out that they’re lying straight to my face with this whole they believe in me act when in reality they don’t. Not to mention, if you would just tell me then there would be no reason to be going behind my back and going the extra mile to ensure I loss matches, when it’s obvious I should be winning them.”

A little more of that attitude of Cadence began to shine through. She was a woman that was seemingly taking a stand for herself, but also a woman that was in danger of painting a red x on her chest.

“Like I said before. This isn’t me out to bash the company or to paint it in a negative light. Instead this is what I see going on. Something that has left me very bitter and very jaded. Now with that being said I’m a realistic woman. I could see where people would poke holes in my argument. I could even see why none of this is true. Which maybe that is the case, maybe none of it is true at all and maybe I’m just so upset with all my shortcomings that I am looking to blame it on someone else or something else. Guess, we’re going to see if my logic is right or if I’m wrong. I say anyone with a “story” or “gimmick” to them is always going to be put first. Least that’s how it seems. Well on this Sunday Night. I’ll climb into the ring with the queen of gimmicks herself. At Climax Control, I’ll go one on one with the “Ravishing” Amy-Jayne.”

Another brief pause came from the so called headliner. Her eyes keeping themselves centered on the lens of the camera before her. Based on those facial expressions. One could tell she had still a little more to get off her chest. Didn’t seem like she was going to hold back either. Why should she after all? She hadn’t at this point.

“First of all you call yourself the “Ravishing” Amy-Jayne. That alone makes me want to laugh. That alone makes me want to mock you. That alone makes it easy for me to poke fun at a weakness. I won’t do that though. There’s actual respect on my end. I will however say this Amy. Everyone knows where you got a name like that. Everyone knows that being this gorgeous foreign woman that puts over her looks is something that’s being done right now. It’s kind of overdone if we’re honest. We all know where you got the idea from and most of us aren’t impressed. Where I won’t mock you for it. I’ll just point out logic. Everyone else will mock you for it and will have you questioning a lot of things. So female to female. Co worker to co worker. Wrestler to wrestler. Maybe it’s time to ditch something that’s not original and that you legitimately ripped from someone else. Start doing your own thing and maybe just maybe you’ll make it farther than you have at this point... Then again what do I know? It isn’t like I’m going anywhere at this point.”

Cadence shrugged her shoulders. Her words making the young blonde sound very-very sarcastic.

“Let me tell you another thing Ms. Jayne. You having a “gimmick” might be working in your favor. In the end might be the thing that the officials of SCW prefer over an actual wrestling match and it might be the thing they prefer over me. Come Climax Control, you might find yourself getting a win based on that. Essentially the company will be in your back pocket without you even knowing it. Or maybe you do know it and you're cool with getting a freebie... But the point I am making here is this. You’ve got this gimmick that’s all about your looks. How beautiful you are. How stunning you are. How Ravishing - every pun intended - that you are. That’s exactly who you are and what you’re all about, but have you even considered for a second that eventually with time the good looks are going to go away? We all get older and we all lose our beauty as we get older.

We’ll get wrinkles. Our boobs will begin to sag. Our butts won’t be as firm as they once were. We’ll likely put on some weight as we get older. That’s the nature of the beast. That’s how the world works. When that day comes do you want to be sitting at your kitchen table one day surrounded by fifteen cats and taking a trip down memory lane realizing that the only good thing you ever had for you was your looks? Do you want to one day take that trip down memory lane and realize that you never had an ounce of real skill and that you got by solely on looks? Do you want to look back after all this time and realize that in the world of professional wrestling, not once did you truly accomplish something great. Instead you were just hired because you looked good and you were willing to wear less articles of clothing in the ring than most?!
”

As she asked these questions. Cadence had a slight raise in her eyebrow almost as if she was truly asking these questions on a real front. Not from a hypothetical situation. Seemed more than anything that Cadence was trying hard to make her opponent think about things from a logical standpoint.

“I know that’s not what I want for myself. Sure, I’m a model. Sure, I get paid to take photos and look good. But at the same time I know that’s not going to last forever. That’s why I also decided to become a professional wrestler. Something I didn’t do because of looks or to get me TV time in front of thousands. I’m not using wrestling to progress me for future things. Like reality TV shows or Dancing With the Stars or any of that bogus crap. No, I’m in professional wrestling because I have passion for it. Because it’s another income and because I know looks don’t last forever. Though at the same time my body won’t last forever. Eventually, I’ll have to leave professional wrestling. But when that day comes. I want to be able to look back and see that I accomplished something. I want to be able to look back and see that I was one of the best in the ring. I want to be able to look back, see the legacy I created for myself, and be able to enjoy every accomplishment I ever had in this business. Simply put Ms. Jayne, I’m here for every opposite reason for why you’re here and therefore my career in the long run will mean way more than yours does.”

Cadence had let those words come out of her mouth in a very bold manner. That more than anything said quite a bit about her attitude and how she felt about her opponent. That was certainly going to make for an interesting match when the two of the met in the ring.

“So, maybe no matter what I do on Sunday. Maybe it’s already penciled in that I’m going to lose. Maybe, the company is just that against me. Maybe, the company prefers a chick with a “gimmick” that’s all about her looks. Or maybe, I’m the reason I can’t succeed because I keep letting myself down. I’ll find out for sure when that day comes. Much like, you’re going to find out for sure just exactly what these hands can do. Cause you’re gonna catch the fade one way or the other.”

Turns out those were the young woman’s final words. Quite the statement to end them with to say the very least. Cadence without nothing left to say found herself walking out of the view of the cameras, which in return caused them to end their recording. That very moment the thought ran through her head. The moment she walked into the building on Sunday night. A lot of people were going to be looking at her funny. At least looking at her differently than usual. She knew there was a chance people were going to be talking behind her back. Cadence also knew there was a chance she was going to get pulled into the office before her match and there was going to be some hell to pay for what she had said. On the flip of it though as much as she knew that. She was going to be prepared. It was time she stood up for herself and it was time she started making headlines.