Author Topic: An alliance as strong as steel  (Read 405 times)

Offline Cyrus King

• View Profile
    • Cyrus King
An alliance as strong as steel
« on: September 24, 2013, 10:15:41 PM »
 Whilst Cyrus wasn’t in action last night at Climax Control he still made a big impact by aligning himself with the reigning SCW Roulette Champion Max Burke and one half of the co-owners Mark Ward in there war against “The Man of the People” Drake Green.

But Cyrus wasn’t done with Drake.

This week on the last Climax Control of the Caribbean Tour emanating from Barbados Cyrus was taking on Drake Green in singles competition and Drake had Mark Ward’s old enemy Rage in his corner, can Cyrus get his first win?

Walking through the streets of Barbados
September 23rd, 2013, 11:00am

Ah Barbados, land of sun, sea, swimsuits and, as of this weekend, wrestling.

I’ve always wanted to visit this island and I’m not letting this opportunity slip through my fingers, it’s a beautiful island and so far the locals have been friendly towards me and Miranda who’s walking beside me whilst holding my hand.

This week’s match is currently on my mind though and who can blame me? Drake Green has been a house of fire since his SCW Debut a few months ago and I get to have a chance to defeat him, Rage may be in his corner but I’m not stupid, I’ve done my homework and I know that Drake and Rage get along as well as oil and water, that fact will play in my favor!

“Are you sure that restaurant’s around here Cyrus?” Miranda asked breaking my train of thought; she had found a nearby restaurant whilst I was waiting for the cameracrew to arrive, so why am I out here and not in my hotel room?

Miranda insisted.

“You tell me, you where the one who found the place!” I responded and Miranda checked her IPad for directions to the restaurant. “So, next week the promo period for High Stakes 3 starts, have you arranged our transport to Las Vegas?”

“Did it last night, it’s all paid for.” Miranda responded as she glanced up at me. “We’ll be leaving Barbados for the city of sin the day after Climax Control and we’ll be coming back Saturday, figured we could use the rest of the week to get acquainted with the local area.”

“That sounds like a good idea.” I responded before getting an idea. “Give me your IPad, I’m going to ask a local if they can help.” I told her and Miranda nodded before handing it over, I stopped a passing couple as I ran up to them. “Excuse me, me and my wife over there are trying to find this restaurant, can you help us?”

“Yes, go back the way you came, turn left and follow the street, you can’t miss it.” The male responded and I nodded in response. “It’s a good restaurant, enjoy yourself.”

“Thanks.” I responded and the couple smiled before walking off, I turned to my wife just in time to see a local snatch her purse off of her. “HEY!” I called out to him before taking off after him with the SCW Cameracrew following close behind, the guy’s a lot shorter than me and definitely has a speed advantage over me, however I can tell that his stamina is practically non-existent and that proves to be his downfall as I tackle him to the ground as he stops to catch his breath. “What’s the big idea huh? Figured she’d be an easy target because she’s a tourist?”

“Screw you man!” The would-be thief said before he tried to draw a gun on me, tried being the operative word because I secured his arm the moment I saw where his hand was going.

“Somebody call the cops, this guy just tried to steal my wife’s handbag.” I called out to the nearby locals and one of them did just that, minutes later the cops arrived and arrested the punk. “I don’t know what the gun laws over here are like but he had a concealed gun on him as well.” I told a cop as I finished my statement to the police, he nodded before indicating that they had already secured the gun and let me go soon afterworld, I gave Miranda a call on my cell-phone. “Hey Miranda, I got your purse back.”

“Cyrus, I know you have military training and all but I was worried, what if he was armed.” Miranda responded and I shook my head.

“He was armed, secured his arm before he could even reach for it.” I responded and Miranda sighed in relief. “Where are you? I still have your IPad.”

“Back where you left me.” Miranda responded and I nodded. “I heard the directions that couple gave you so how about we meet at the restaurant? I’ll even pay for the meal as extra thanks.”

“Sounds good, I have a promo to do anyway.” I added before hanging up, once I confirmed that Miranda’s money was still in the purse I started walking towards the restaurant as I trash talked Drake. “These past few weeks I’ve had one goal in mind, make allies in SCW, I had no intention of being lost in the shuffle like most of the former ACW Roster members and when I was approached by Mark Ward and Max Burke I jumped at the chance! You may say that I am just repeating my ACW career by aligning with the boss on my second appearance with the company but you’d be wrong, for starters I’ve had three appearances on Climax Control up until this point and secondly it wasn’t just some lower card match that I interfered in this time, it was the Main Event and I got involved after the match, this week I’m facing the man who I’ve had many battles against outside of the ring and the man who I was originally planning to screw out of a victory, Drake Green!”

Yes, you heard me right.

“When Drew was taken out I was ready to go in there and help Damien get the win but Mark stopped me, told me to wait until after the match so that I could make a real impact, you can see the results for yourself, I ‘m now facing Drake Green in a match that features another one of Mark’s enemies by the name of Rage as Drake’s corner man, but I’m not stupid, I know that Rage and Drake have had issues in the past and that will be to my advantage.”

And Drake’s obvious disadvantage.

“From what I’ve heard they are billing this match as “The Man of the People vs. The King” for obvious reasons but here’s the thing Drake, when I look at you I don’t see The Man of the People, I see a walking cliché, every week that you compete in a match you pander to the audience, all those cheap pops, all those screaming fans, it makes me sick to my stomach.”

I said as I shook my head.

“I can’t even begin to count how many variations of the same character we’ve seen in wrestling over the years Green, all we need to do is give you a shirt that’s easy to tear and have you start talking about saying prayers and eating vitamins and we’ll have a massive Hulk Hogan rip off on our hands! There’s nothing original about you Drake, you only get by on the fact that you are a damn good wrestler.”

But not even that can save him.

“Drake, sooner or later you’ll realize just how fickle wrestling fans are, I could probably start doing your stich for a few weeks and suddenly I’d be getting the cheers and I’d be the Man of the People, but I don’t need to do any of that! I’m already a true man of the people, I don’t need any gimmicks, I don’t need any stupid catchphrases outside of the one I use to end promos, I’m just a guy who goes out there and kicks ass for a living and I’m damn good at that, if it weren’t for Hawkes surprising me with that roll-up it would’ve been up in the air about whether or not he was fit to compete for the Tag Titles at High Stakes III but you? You won’t be so lucky. You will be defeated by me!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Drake, whilst we’ve had our conflicts whilst in ACW we never competed in a match against each other and this will be our first encounter in the ring, I intend to get on a plane to Trinidad with a win over you under my belt and there’s nothing you can do to stop me, my alliance with Max and Mark is as strong as steel, you are a cliché as old as wood and you already bowed down once before but you will bow down to the king again!”

I entered the restaurant as the scene fades.
user posted image

user posted image