Author Topic: Headed For New Heights  (Read 717 times)

Offline Dark Defender

• View Profile
    • The Dark Defender
Headed For New Heights
« on: September 13, 2013, 11:01:13 PM »
 <span style="color:#F4F808">
“I'm gonna be a rock and roll star
Gotta groove from night to day
Gotta blow my crummy job
Gonna blow my blues away”

{The scene fades in to a small bedroom. The floor is littered with empty and half crushed beer cans. There is no furniture in the room save for a small cot style bed, covered with dirty and what looks like they used to be white sheets. Passed out on the bed is a young man, lean but strong and defined, laying passed out in a sea of empty beer cans wearing nothing but a small, tight, pair of tighty-whities. He has a tattoo of a skull on his left shoulder and  a bald eagle with it’s wings spread wide on the outside of his left forearm. He moves around a bit, still a sleep, when he is awoken by loud door slam.

As he opens eyes he can see the legs of a man wearing tight blue jeans and bright white high tops, unlaced, walking toward him. He opens his eyes a bit more and looks up to see the red flannel shirt on the man and then he finally sees his face. A young man, stocky in build, with shoulder length dirty blonde hair that matches his own. They are brothers. They are Jeremy and Jason. They are the Flying Jetts.}

Jeremy: Wake up!

Jason: What? Why?

Jeremy: Haven’t you heard big bro?

Jason: Heard what?

Jeremy: We got two first class plane tickets to St. Thomas!

Jason: For real baby bro?

Jeremy: For real!

Jason: I always wanted to go to Minnesota!

Jeremy: Minnesota? St. Thomas ain’t in Minnesota!

Jason: No? Well where is it then?

Jeremy: Mother effin’ Hawaii, bro.

Jason: Oh, no way baby bro!

Jeremy: Legit!

Jason: Too legit! Where’d you get the tickets?

Jeremy: Hot Stuff Mark Ward invited us personally, kid. He said he’s ready to make us the SCW Tag Team Champions.

Jason: He saw the skills.

Jeremy: And the thrills.

Jason: From Beverly Hills.

Jeremy: You know it. Come on get dressed. We gotta go meet Uncle Marvin. He’s got the tickets waiting for us.

Jason: Word.

{Jason jumps up out of bed and grabs a pair of tight dark jeans and slips them on. He shoves on his white high tops and grabs a V-neck white Haynes t-shirt and slips it on over his head. As the two walk out of the dirty, tiny apartment, Jason grabs an acid-wash jean jacket and puts it on, popping the color as they walk out of the apartment.}

“Gonna make a million
Gonna make it with you
I'm gonna be wild my friend
I gotta push it through”

{We fade into a dark musty office. A man is sitting behind a desk wearing a turquoise Hawaiian shirt over a black tank top under shirt. Across his nose sits dark Ray-ban sunglasses and sitting on top of his head is a black fedora that has seen better days. He has a phone pressed up against his ear as he smokes his cigarette. In walk Jeremy and Jason, eager to see their uncle who they now refer to as their manager.}

Jason: Hey Uncle Ma-

{Marvin holds his hand up, stopping Jason’s words in their tracks.}

Marvin: Yes, JJ. I understand. Yes. I know but…yes. Of course. We’ll see you there. Uh huh. Take care.

{Marvin pulls the phone off of his ear and hits the ‘end’ button.}

Marvin: Prick.

Jeremy: Was that Mr. Dixon?

Jason: What did he want?

Marvin: Nothing, boys. Nothing at all. How’s my favorite nephew duo doin’?

Jeremy: Good Uncle Marvin.

Marvin: Yeah?

Jason: Totes!

Marvin: You boys ready for some fun in the sun?

Jason: So baby bro wasn’t messing with me after all huh?

Marvin: Nope. Three first class tickets to St. Thomas!

Jeremy: Three tickets? You’re going with us Uncle Marvin?

Marvin: Of course I’m going with you, you knucklehead. The head of a major wrestling promotion invites you boys out to meet him on his company’s tour? Of course I gotta go. That’s got contract offer written all over it.

Jeremy: But what about Mr. Dixon?

Jason: Yeah. Mr. Dixon has been so nice to us.

Marvin: Well you two may be the only people in the whole damn universe that he’s nice to then. Anyway, I did the right thing and gave old Dixon a call to let him know about all of this and he already knew.

Jason: He did?!

Marvin: Yeah. Said he’d meet us down there.

Jeremy: Something fishy must be going on down there, Uncle Marvin.

Jason: Yeah dude totally. It’s a beach, dummy.

{Marvin and Jeremy stare at Jason for a second and shake their heads.}

Marvin: Something is going on indeed, boys. And that’s exactly why old Marv is heading down to St. Thomas. That and to see Odette Ryder in a bikini. Who’s with me?

Jason: You know it, Uncle Marvin.

Jeremy: Let’s do this.

Marvin: Good. Let’s make sure we make an impression on this Hot Stuff Mark Ward fella. He could hold the key to the future of the Flying Jetts. Opportunities like this don’t always come up and knocks on our faces like this, boys. We have the chance to really be something down there.

Jeremy: This is my dream, Uncle Marvin. To hold those Tag Titles high up in the air.

Jason: Yeah, baby bro. And to nail as many hot chicks as possible.

{Again, Marvin and Jeremy stare at Jason for a second before slowly shaking their heads from side to side.}</>

Jason: What?

Marvin: Look, you boys go on ahead. I’m gonna finish up some stuff here and then meet you at the airport. Don’t be late.

Jeremy: Oh you’ve got nothing to worry about, Uncle Marvin. We’ll be there.

{The Jett brothers leave Marvin’s office. They walk down the old staircase and head to the street. They walk onto the street. They turn up to head north to try and catch a cab but something out of the corner of Jason’s eye catches his attention.}

Jason: Baby bro. Look.

Jeremy: What’s that?

Jason: Check it out, duder. Fifty-cent brewskies!

{Jason points to a sign above a bar.}

Jeremy: I don’t know, Big Bro. We’re supposed to meet Uncle Marvin at the airport.

Jason: Come on, Baby Bro. Don’t be such a drag. We’ll just have a few. It’ll be a nice send off. After all, we are about to embark on a life long journey toward greatness.

Jeremy: You do have a point there. Let’s do it! But just one round.

Jason: Of course!

{The two brothers jump up a few feet in to the air and high five each other before they disappear into the bar.}

“I stop on red and I leave on amber
Danger paves my way
I'm gonna make it my friend
Gonna make it today”

{The scene fades back in to the Hollywood Boulevard bar. The place has seen better days, with the exposed brick that lines the far war starting to decay a bit. The bar itself is metal as opposed to wood, no doubt for easy clean up. The place is pretty packed for the middle of the afternoon. In the corner of the bar, by the jukebox, Jason and Jeremy Jett are talking to two young women. One is tall with bright blue hair and matching blue eye make-up. She is wearing ripped jeans and a “Poison” t-shirt. The other girl is a much shorter blonde with crimped hair and a sparkling Converse sneakers.}

Jeremy: So I can’t believe that you’re a Sammy fan!

Brunette: The music totally grew after he joined the band.

Jason: No way. David Lee Roth WAS Van Halen. The band totally changed after he left.

Blonde: I don’t know. ‘This Could Be Love’, ‘Right Now’? Those are classics.

Jeremy: No way.

Jason: ‘Panama’? ‘Jump’?

Jeremy: Those are classics. Those other songs are just glorified pop tunes.

Jason: Yeah and-

{Mid-sentence, Jason is interrupted when Marvin grabs him and his brother Jeremy by theirs and turns them around.}

Jason: Oww! What the hell!?

Marvin: You two nincompoops! You guys have the opportunity of a lifetime and here you are wasting it away in a seedy Hollywood bar! Are you freakin’ kidding me?

Jeremy: We’re sorry.

Marvin: I bet you’ll both be sorry when you miss the whole damn chance in SCW won’t you?

Jason: No sir.

Marvin: Yeah well you boys better put your priorities in order. Fifty-cent drafts and a couple of half hookers-

Blonde & Brunette: HEY!

Marvin: Sorry ladies. Where was I?

Jeremy: A couple of half hookers.

Marvin: That’s right. If you guys wanna waste your time with these two streetwalkers then so be it.

{The girls get angry and walk away.}

Marvin: This could be the chance of a lifetime and if you wanna throw it away, then you tell me right now.

Jeremy: No sir. We’re with you.

Marvin: I can’t hear you Jason.

Jason: I’m with ya.

Marvin: Good. Now we got a plane to catch. Let’s get outta here.

{The three men walk out as the scene fades.}

“Gonna kick this dust from my heels
Down the highway I go
Gonna get the stars from my route
Make it in a rock and roll show”

{The camera fades in to a small backstage room where the Flying Jetts are sitting with Marvin. Jason and Jeremy are sitting at a small wooden table and Marvin is pacing back and forth in front of them. Jason is staring into space as Jeremy is playing around on an iPad.}

Marvin: How could Dixon be so stupid? He could he be so careless? We were one match away from being the next ACW Tag Team champions! And now what? We have to come here full time and start at the bottom of the ladder again? That doesn’t make any sense! How could he do this to us?

Jeremy: I’m actually ok with it.

Marvin: What?! How can you possibly be ok with it?

Jason: Yeah for real, Baby Bro? We were gonna be champions in ACW.

Jeremy: What? I’m just saying. Beach tours, Vegas? Does this not appeal to anyone else here? It’s a hell of a lot closer to home too.

Jason: Vegas…

Marvin: My point is we were gaining some serious steam in Canada. Now we’re gonna be on a much larger roster, fighting for screen time, fighting for ring time. Sure you’ll get to some more ass than you would in Canada. I know that’s important to Jason, but what’s important to me us putting those tag team titles around your waists and that is going to be a bit more difficult in Sin City Wrestling.

Jeremy: Maybe not.

{Jeremy holds up his iPad.}

Marvin: What am I looking at?

Jason: Yeah, what is it, Baby Bro?

Marvin: Let me see that.

{Marvin grabs the iPad out of his Jeremy’s hands. He pulls it close to his face, as if he is having trouble reading off of the screen, and then a large smile goes over his face.}

Marvin: Oh this is gonna be great. Can you imagine all of the publicity this is going to bring us? Television interviews and website articles. This is going to be huge. And in our debut match?!

Jason: Will someone please tell me what is going on here?

Jeremy: We got a match next week in Tortola.

Jason: I got that. But with who?

Marvin: Gabriel and that freak Despayre.

Jason: Sinful Obsession?

Marvin: Yup. Their first match back and our first match here. This is so huge, it’s like Toronto all over again.

Jeremy: I can’t wait for this now, Big Bro.

Jason: Can you believe this? Former NWA tag champs. This is our biggest match yet.

Marvin: I’m gonna set you guys up right. TV promos, the whole works. You just sit tight. Uncle Marvin is gonna handle this.

{Marvin jumps on his cell phone as Jason and Jeremy give themselves a self-approving high five.}

“I'm gonna be a rock and roll star
Gotta groove from night to day
Gotta blow my crummy job
Gonna blow my blues away”

{We fade back in to Jason and Jeremy, standing in front of a white sign with the spray painted words “The Flying Jetts” on it. In front of them are two large cameras. They are both wearing their multi-colored long tights. Jason has a headband on that says “JASON” on it. He is also wearing a t-shirt that says “Sovereigns of Beverly Hills” on the front with cutoff sleeves. Jeremy is not wearing a shirt or a headband but is wearing bands tied tight around his biceps, accentuating his muscles. They both stretch out a bit as Marvin walks over.}

Marvin: Ok boys, this is your first real promo ok? You gotta knock this one out of the park. Remember the old videos we watched of Hulk Hogan and Rick Flair ok?

Jason: Sure thing, Uncle Marvin.

Jeremy: We got this.

Marvin: Ok, good. I’ll be standing right over there in the corner if you need me. Knock It out of the park boys!

{Marvin runs out of the shot and Jason and Jeremy wait for the signal from the camera crew that the tape is running. They get this signal and Jason chimes in first.}

Jason: Tortola, you haven’t even the slightest idea of what you are in for Sunday night. SCW wrestling fans have never seen the likes of what my brother Jeremy and I can bring to the ring. It’s gonna be so insane. It’s gonna be like a lighting storm on Can Garden Bay. Wooo!

Jeremy: Not just any lightning storm, Big Bro. It’s gonna me a lightning storm of epic proportions. You think you know what pro wrestling is. You think you know what tag team wrestling is. Wait until you set your eyes on the greatest tandem of high flying, big hitting, d**k swinging, boys from the West Coast of the good old US of A.

Jason: Sinful Obsession, I know you are the one greatest tag teams of recent memory. You’re highly decorated, highly touted, and one of you talks to a teddy bear, but you ain’t got nothin’ The Jett Brothers. Wooo!

Jeremy: Whether it’s the Flying J or the WMD or J-Bomb or the Overload, we possess an arsenal like no one here has ever seen. You better eat your vitamins and say your prayers because you’re gonna need all the energy you can to keep up with our high impact style. You won’t be able to slow us down in the ring and you won’t be able to ground us from the air.

Jason: Time and time again people have gotten in the ring with the me and my Baby Bro Jeremy and time and time again they’ve witnessed first hand what the Flying J is all about. Wooo!

Jeremy: So don’t fear, Gabriel. Don’t fret, Despayre. You will not be let down on Sunday night. You will not roll by us on your way to your title match against Giani di Luca and the little wimpy boy James Hawkes. For we are the Masters of the Skills!

Jason: The Seekers of the Thrills!

Jeremy: The Sovereigns…

Jason: …of Beverly Hills!

Jeremy: I am Jeremy!

Jason: And I am Jason!

Jeremy: And together, we are…

Both: THE FLYING JETTS!

{The two brothers jump in the air and chest bump and then high five and then finally hug before the camera finally fades out.}
>

ERADICATED:
Thaddeus Stone
Steve Ramone>