Author Topic: Drinking solves nothing, love solves it all  (Read 465 times)

Offline Lucas Darby

• View Profile
    • Lucas Darby
Drinking solves nothing, love solves it all
« on: July 13, 2012, 11:50:01 PM »
 The first scene opens showing the inside of Lucas' room at The Sons' clubhouse, two weeks after his first defeat in Sin City Wrestling. The camera turns to the right, to see a drunken, out cold Lucas Darby. He's wearing a black no sleeve shirt and long jeans, with his long blonde hair laid out on the pillow. The camera zooms in on a big bottle of whiskey in his right hand, almost empty. Lucas appeared to have been through two weeks of utter hell since his last match. Firstly, the fight with Presley has been on his mind and second, losing the six person tag team match. Two things weighing heavily on his mind. But the quiet is soon disturbed by a noise. The door to the room has a knocking sound coming from it, as if someone is nicely attempting to get his attention at first. Each knock gets harder, hitting the door with some impact. Finally the door just opens and leader of The Sons - as well as Presley's father - Titus walks into the room. His face with a look of disgust as he looks at Lucas.

Titus: What the fuck?!

Titus look around at the mess. Slowly walking to Lucas he swiftly kicks the bed.

Titus: Wake the hell up boy.

Lucas begins to stir a little, barely opening his eyes. Only looking up to see the man that dared kick his bed while he slept off the last two weeks.

Lucas: What the hell do you want?

Titus: Wake your lazy drunk ass up. Its after tweleve and Presley's been wonderin' what happened to you, dumbass. But I won't let her see you like a drunken bastard. Get your ass up and now!!!

Lucas sits up and eyes Titus, almost looking pissed at him for what his daughter has done. No longer seeing him as father or friend, only seeing him as another problem in his life now.

Lucas: Who gives a shit about what Presley wants? She didn't care about me and I don't care about her... So why don't you both leave me alone and let me do whatever the hell I want?

Titus pulls back his left hand and slaps Lucas in the back of the head, attempting to knock some common sense into him. Lucas rolls his eyes and picks up his whiskey bottle, holding it tightly in his right hand as Titus continues to preach on.

Titus: You want us out of your life. Without us you wouldn't be where you are. You think your a big bad biker man and can do what you want. Well i hate to tell you Lucas you are nothing but a simple man who has no balls and would rather drink his life away then face any real problems

Lucas: Real problems? What do you know about real problems, huh? You're daughter has been lying to my face for months, maybe years now and thanks to her and that Trish Newborn bitch, I lost a match. My undefeated streak, RUINED! Presley got me into this thing, making me wrestle for a better life and the funny part is... She's the reason I'm on the edge of quitting that place right now.

Titus: No, she isn't Lucas it is your own damn fault. Because you're a pussy that can't take a loss and you want to blame what ever you can on her. You have done that since you two started dating and things didn't go your way. Oh it is Presley's fault that I lost. It is Presley's fault I got stabbed. It was Presley's fault I got a finger up my ass! Whatever your issue was you used my daughter as a fall back. But you need to stand on your own two feet and take some god damn responsibility for once in your life.

Titus snatched the whiskey bottle away from Lucas' firm grip on it with a smile. But Lucas grabs the whiskey bottle back and holds it back, acting like a child fighting over a toy.

Lucas: Don't worry about MY life! Don't ever worry about me or my life! I take responsibility for every single thing I do. I knew it was my fault when I got stabbed three years ago and I knew it was my fault for ever trusting her! You seem to want to ignore the biggest problem here! It has nothing to do with SCW and nothing to do with that damn match. The roots of it all falls right back to Presley lying to me time and time again. For all I know, she's been fucking twenty guys behind my back. Hell, maybe the entire club! Every Tuesday she leaves for almost the entire day and never tells me the truth about where she is.

Lucas takes a sip of his whiskey, fueling his anger rant even more.

Lucas: So stop defending your daughter, just because you raised the little bitch! You be a man, you be a father, YOU be a leader and admit that YOUR daughter has screwed me over more than anyone else!

Titus snatches the bottle and throws the bottle against the mirror shattering the bottle and the mirror.

Titus: You fucking retard. She has been going to seen your mother. She has not been screwing some dude behind your back. Jesus christ, Lucas, how fucked up do you think she really is? If she wanted out she would have told you not fucked someone. God... How fucked is your brain right now to think she would even do such a thing. Presley has been there no matter what for you even when you were in jail. She stood behind you no matter what.

Titus wanted to punch lucas in the face as hard as he could but he knew it wouldn't solve a thing. Titus tried to regain some composure. Lucas stares at the ground for a few seconds, gathering his own thoughts and attempting to sober his own mind before speaking another word. He doesn't know what to think or believe anymore, knowing what the truth is. Lucas tries to speak, almost stumbling over his own words.

Lucas: I mean... But she...

Lucas takes a deep breath.

Lucas: I'm sorry, I didn't know... But why? Why all the lies about it?

Titus: She knew how the hell you felt about your mom. Presley knew you wouldn't see her without starting a full town riot. So she took it upon herself to start seeing her and seeing what was really going on in her head. The lies were to protect you and your anger. nothing else. If you thought she was cheating on you, you are stupidier than you look kid. She is the type of old lady any biker would kill for.

Lucas stares off at the wall, letting the words sink in and settle in his mind. Finally seeing that Titus is speaking the one hundred percent proof and Lucas should have never doubted Titus nor Presley. Lucas looks back over at Titus.

Lucas: Yeah... I guess she is. I don't know what I was thinking. It's all this stress, man. Stress of being attacked by Matt Barnes then Sean Williams. Stress of EJ telling me that Presley has been lying to me and then that tag team match... I didn't know what to think and I let the whiskey do the thinking for me. Thanks, man. I... I don't know how I could ever thank you enough for everything you've done for me.

Titus: What you can do is talk to her. Let her know it okay and get your act straight. Because she loves you and with stunt you pulled today it's gonna be hard to get her to stay. You can also lay off the hard shit. I don't care if it is a patch over party or what. Don't get to fucked up on that shit because it will ruin your life. Thats what your actual dad let get in his way of loving your mother the way she deserved to be loved.

Lucas: My dad... Drank this much? I never knew that. I guess, there is a lot of things I didn't and still don't know about my parents. My dad was never home much and my mother stayed so worried about him, she never let me get to know her. The only real parent I've ever known is you and without you, I didn't know where to turn. You're honestly the best man I've ever met and Presley...

Lucas begins to tear up a little,

Lucas: Presley is the best thing to ever happen to me. Without her, I'm a useless sack of shit and I know it. So please, man, please tell her that I need to talk to her. I need her in my life because without her, I have no life at all.

Titus: I got you covered, kid.

Titus nodded his head and stood up from the bed with a half smile. He walked out the door and looked down the hall. His daughter, Presley, stood there. Presley looked like a complete emotional wreck. Her eyes were puffy and tear filled from hours, maybe weeks of crying. EJ and Daisy stood behind her for support. Titus nodded to her, silently telling her that it was okay to go see Lucas. Presley nearly ran to the door and let out a sigh before walking in to see Lucas. Lucas looks at Presley, with sadness and regret in his eyes. Knowing he might have screwed everything up. Yet he pushes himself to speak to her, attempting not to say the wrong thing.

Lucas: Hey... Um, sorry about... The last two weeks.

Presley just lets out a sigh as she closes the door behind her. She is a little scared to get close to him. But just like his mother would, she changed the subject.

Presley: So I hear you got a match this week. Who is it against?

Lucas: Oh, right. My match... Um, I'm teamed with Kain against Jordan Williams and Nick Jones. I'm kind of worried, knowing that Nick was World Champion for a long time and was unbeaten until recently. Where Jordan is no push over either... Another tough match that might do me in. I'll be fine though, I promise.

Presley: I know you will be. You always seem to find your way through, no matter what shit you get your self into.

Presley walked a little closer and looked around. She noticed the broken glass on the ground and was shocked

Lucas: Yeah, of course. But I never get through it without you. I'd never be able to get in that ring and go one hundred percent without you. So please, please Presley...

Lucas stares into Presley's eyes, attempting to smile for the first time in weeks since the fight.

Lucas: Will you be there at ringside for me this weekend?

Presley slowly nodded her head. She would never give up on Lucas no matter what he did wrong.

Presley: Of course I will be.

Lucas: Thank you, thank you so much babe. Because I need you. Rather I win or lose, rather I'm at the bottom of the ladder or standing tall as the World Heavyweight Champion... I'm always going to need you there at my side. You're my motivation, you're my drive for bigger and better, you're my everything that I'll ever need in my life. Gold, money, motorcycles, they can keep it all! Long as I have you, supporting me and cheering me on.

Presley smiled as she sat on the end of the bed looking down It was nice to hear those words comming from him. It was nice to feel wanted for once instead of getting blamed.

Presley: You're still in the doghouse though Lucas.... Tell me more about this match

Lucas: I... Don't know what else to say. Besides the fact that I don't know if I can win this one. I know I'm ready to become World Champion one day and maybe the biggest name in SCW. I might even become a legend here if I get lucky enough. But this match... Something about it, worries me more than it should. Guys like Nick Jones don't lose a World Title and come back next week with a calm mind. They come back looking for revenge on anyone and everyone, and I happen to be thrown into the ring with him.

Lucas looks at the broken glass and back at Presley, trying to convince himself and her that this match is still winnable.

Lucas: Jordan Williams seems to think I'll be okay though. He didn't even have anything bad to say about me. I should know, it was all I could stomach to watch when I was drunk... Nick just made me puke over and over with that massive ego of his.

Presley: Are you sure that was the whiskey?

Presley tried to laugh it off as she looked over her shoulder leaning on the bed.

Lucas: Come to think of it... Maybe it wasn't the whiskey.

Lucas laughs a little.

Lucas: Honestly though babe... Win or lose this match, I'm not going to spriral down like this ever again. Long as I have you, I'll always be happy. I love you.

Presley: I love you too. But Lucas...

Lucas: Yeah?

Presley: Make me a promise. That no matter what, win or lose this weekend... You'll go visit your mother within the next two weeks?

Presley smiles, hoping he'll agree with that. Lucas looks around, seeming to be thinking and trying to figure a way out. Finally, he gives up and gives into her wants.

Lucas: Yes, babe... I'll go.

Presley: Really?!

Lucas: Yes, for you.

Presley: Oh thank you!

Presley hugs Lucas tightly and they kiss as the scene fades out to blackness.
>