Author Topic: Wading Through The Darkness  (Read 801 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Wading Through The Darkness
« on: July 02, 2021, 11:39:15 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, July 2, 2021
Master Bedroom
Zdunich Apartment
Las Vegas, Nevada
7:01 AM  PDT

Packing for a quick trip for a show had become the norm for Seleana Zdunich, though they had gotten fewer and further between with the closure of several of the companies she had previously been working for. It had not been unusual for her to fly out and work an SRW show on Thursday, a WWA show on Friday, a WWR show also on Friday and then an SCW show on a Sunday.

The fact that her wife, Christina, worked all of those same shows and that her sister, Zenna, worked all but the SCW shows did not hurt her zeal for that number of shows.

But now, WWR had been closed for four months and WWA had also announced its closure as well. With rumblings of new rules in SRW, there was a question of whether people would be let go there as well so this little routine was quickly going the way of the dinosaurs.

As Seleana looks at her bag, little Aurora wanders into the room.

Aurora Zdunich: You have a show already again?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Christina is not booked but will be there for Shenzi and I. We face a team called the Covenant and they like to employ numbers. 

Aurora shakes her head.

Aurora Zdunich: People who do that just don’t seem to really believe in themselves!  If you know you can beat somebody, why you need the others to do it? You should want to show your good that way, total domination!

Seleana can’t help but smile at her daughter.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, es la verdad.

Aurora nods happily before staring at the bag again.

Aurora Zdunich: So, you back tonight or?

Seleana nods affirmatively.

Seleana Zdunich: I have to come back quickly, I have a match here on Sunday against Char Kwan. There is a prize at stake so it is more important than usual. More than just bragging rights.

Aurora smiles brightly.

Aurora Zdunich: Are you keen?

Again, Seleana can’t help but smile, this time at her daughter’s usage of the word “keen” in the same way she tends to use it.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, I am keen for this. There is a Golden Ticket for the winner.

Aurora frowns on confusion and curiosity.

Aurora Zdunich: What’s it do?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not know, they are not informing us what the prize actually is in advance. Char Kwan and I will have no idea until Christian and Mark wish us to know…

She pauses and almost starts laughing.

Seleana Zdunich: And in their cases, they have probably argued about when that time will be because they enjoy being an annoyance to each other.

Aurora just stares at her mother in disbelief.

Aurora Zdunich: They do?

Seleana nods, snickering to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja. Christian and Christina have had a history of bickering that way as well. It led to things happening with me as well.

Aurora grins, visibly excited now.

Aurora Zdunich: Is that when you punched the guy for saying mean things about Mommy?

Seleana nods affirmatively again.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja… that was Christian.  He fired me for it.

Aurora frowns in confusion.

Aurora Zdunich: But you still work there.

Seleana snickers again in response.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, Mark hired me back almost immediately and made a new rule that Christian could not just summarily fire someone on his own again after that.

Aurora shakes her head and scowls

Aurora Zdunich: Why he not nice?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: He can be but when he decides he does not need to be, it can be bad.

Aurora shakes her head.

Aurora Zdunich: Has he ever decided to do that to Char Kwan?

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: Nej.

Aurora’s eyes narrow.

Aurora Zdunich: Just you?

Seleana shakes her head. .

Seleana Zdunich: No, he has also taken an interest in both Christina and Jessie Salco as well. Each of us for different reasons. He does not take the same tact with all of us. They are personalized for maximum effect.

Aurora nods slowly, seemingly unsure of what to say next.

Aurora Zdunich: Do they work?

Seleana considers this question for what feels like an exorbitantly long time. Finally, after what feels like years, she nods and looks down as if admitting a long held secret.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, on some level they tend to.

Pausing again, Seleana almost laughs.

Seleana Zdunich: Not always as he is keen to have them do…

Aurora nods and then hugs Seleana.

Aurora Zdunich: Well I hope he stays out of your business!  I love you, Mommy!

Seleana smiles as she hugs Aurora back.

Seleana Zdunich: I love you too, mitt kära barn.

On-Camera

Friday, July 2, 2021
Back Room
Rebel Star Arena
Rome, Georgia
7:00 PM  EDT

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich sitting in a darkened room on what appears to be a small wooden chair under a single swinging light bulb.

Seleana Zdunich: Forgive the conditions, this was the best I could find as the show here tonight was beginning.

She pauses, looking around the room.

Seleana Zdunich: It is… not bad for short notice, ja?

Snickering to herself, Seleana again scans her surroundings.

Seleana Zdunich: And a wonderful metaphor for this match, ja, Char?

Sitting back in the chair, she waves her arms around, her hands disappearing into the darkness.

Seleana Zdunich: We are surrounded in darkness, the two of us. We go into this match knowing only a small portion of the larger picture. We fight, the two of us, for the Golden Ticket…

Her arms pull back in and her hands re-enter the shot, landing in her lap.

Seleana Zdunich: Even though we do not know what it is, or why we should desire it…

She cocks her head, a wry smile crossing her face.

Seleana Zdunich: But we also both know that if Christian and Mark have that look on their face, it has to be something good in the end.  They do do these things part way, ja?

She nods as if the answer reaching her ears is an affirmative one.

Seleana Zdunich: So you and I come together for this fight and I can hear the naysayers now. If they come for me, they say I have had my opportunities, I have had my chances and I do not need to receive another. They would question if my wife had something to do with this or I was selected just to keep her quiet because of how her usual reactions tend to go.

She sits back in the chair again, rolling her eyes as she goes.

Seleana Zdunich: If they came for you they would ask why has it taken someone like you this long to get one. You should have been able to earn this type of thing a long time ago. You are talented, you are skilled and you know how to get people’s attention so why have you not managed to achieve anything on your own yet? How have you not managed what others who are not as talented as you have?

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: So now we come together to fight, both of us a chance to prove those people wrong. You to prove that you can and will do things on your own if just given the opportunity and I, the chance to once again shut those mouths that constantly try to deny me.

Seleana jumps to her feet and points to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: Like it or not, I have been Bombshells Roulette Champion and I have been Bombshells World Champion. I have been knocked to the bottom of the mountain and climbed my way back up. I have overcome obstacles multiple times just to stay where I am and even got fired and had to be rehired and that has happened in more than one company now, and still, I rise!

She points to herself a little more emphatically.

Seleana Zdunich: I walk into this match ready to see what you have to offer, Char. Truly, I wish to find out what the talk about you has been about. I know your name comes up and I have waited patiently to see first hand why that is!  This is my opportunity to both find that out and then walk on to see what the Golden Ticket stands for!     

Rubbing her hands together, Seleana smiles knowingly into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: Are you ready for this, Char? Are you ready to step into the ring with a former champion that is still hungry for more?

She nods pointedly off to the right.

Seleana Zdunich: Or will you shit in the blue cupboard at this?

She leans forward and snaps the fingers on her right hand.

Seleana Zdunich: It can happen just that fast, Char. One second, you think you have me and the next….

She snaps her fingers again.

Seleana Zdunich: One second, you are singing, “I’ve got the golden ticket… I’ve got the golden ticket….”

One more time, she snaps her fingers and this time, the light cuts out.

Seleana Zdunich: And the next, you are plunged into darkness with nothing to show for it. Let us wade through the darkness together and see which one ends up in the shining light, ja? 

A slight snicker comes from the darkness.

Seleana Zdunich: I know I am ready…

The snicker grows even more.

Seleana Zdunich: I am keen…

Silence covers the darkness.

Seleana Zdunich: Let us see how you are, ja?