Author Topic: Spin The Wheel  (Read 492 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Spin The Wheel
« on: June 19, 2020, 10:07:37 PM »
 Off-Camera

Thursday June 18, 2020
Hotel Gymnasium
South Tower
Layton Hotel
Rome, Georgia
11:25 PM  EDT

This was an interesting find to say the least. A luxury hotel built from an existing old Ramada Inn that once been considered the height of greatness in the area at its peak. An hour and fifteen minute drive outside Atlanta, the place had been modeled after places like the Luxor in Las Vegas and the Omni in Atlanta. Containing its own food court, shopping strip mall, multiplex theater complete with IMAX, two pools and two full gyms, the Layton Hotel was where members of the SRW roster could choose to stay for shows in Rome. It was owned by one half of the current SRW tag team champions and full patch member of the Shieldmaidens MC, Jackie “Bandit” Layton, and she had specifically had the second tower area built as its own bubble so that the wrestlers had a place to crash that was cut off from everyone else in the current climate. The other half of the hotel was able to operate as close to normal as possible under present government guidelines and regulations but the South Tower was strictly kept separate from the rest and even had its own staff that was paid to remain apart from the other staff.

This was where Seleana Zdunich stayed when she came to Rome every other Thursday along with her sister, Zenna Zdunich, her cousin Maja Lindström, her wife, Christina Zdunich, her stepdaughter, Brittany Williams-Annis, her step-daughter-in-law, Haylie Jo “Halo” Annis, and the others from Bandit’s MC that wrestled in SRW currently.

As Seleana wanders into the gym, she sees three members of the Shieldmaidens, President Alex “Bullet” Carbajal, Full Patch “Psycho” Saoirse Maguire and prospect Gabriela “Taza” Carbajal.

Seleana Zdunich: You look keen to fight still…

Bullet shrugs.

Alex "Bullet" Carbajal: Well, we were not on this show. Sam was the only one of us booked so we were just here to support her tonight. Jack and I thought we would get a workout in before we have to travel to Vancouver tomorrow.

She pauses to nod to her younger sister.

Alex "Bullet" Carbajal: Taza’s going to Asheville to watch her girlfriend fight on Saturday.

Seleana nods understandingly.        

Seleana Zdunich: I’m keen to do that as well. I have a match to ready myself for on Sunday. Christina got to book the card for SCW this week.

Bullet smirks playfully.

Alex "Bullet" Carbajal: That seems… like a dangerous proposition… giving such power to one like her.

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: She won the right in a match two weeks ago on pay-per-view. I and four others had the opportunity to stop her and she still won.

Bullet nods while Psycho and Taza bth just look on.

"Psycho" Saoirse Maguire: Begorra, she bae fuckin’ queen fer a day then…

Seleana nods quickly, affirmatively.

Seleana Zdunich: That was the stipulation exactly.

Just then, two more Shieldmaidens, full patch Aoife “Banshee” Maguire, and Road Captain Becca “Bruiser” Maguire, walk into the gym.

Becca "Bruiser" Maguire: Stipulation?

Seleana nod and the other Maidens grin in unison.

"Psycho" Saoirse Maguire: Aye, Bex, Christina bae th’ fuckin’ queen in SCW this waek.

Bruiser frowns in stunned dismay.  

Becca "Bruiser" Maguire: What the fuck?  

Bullet almost laughs.

Alex "Bullet" Carbajal: She won it at a pay-per-view.

Bruiser’s expression does not change.

Becca "Bruiser" Maguire: And no one tried to stop her?

Seleana nods quickly.

Seleana Zdunich: There were six of us in the match, we had to climb a ladder to retrieve the right. Christina won.

Bruiser shakes her head in still-stunned disbelief.

Becca "Bruiser" Maguire: Fuckin’ shit…

Bandit comes walking into the room and takes in the scene before her.

Jackie "Bandit" Layton: Somebody tell Bruiser there was no more beer or something?

Bruiser turns on her club sister and frowns, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

Becca "Bruiser" Maguire: You know I don’t fuckin’ do that as much anymore, Bandit!

As the Maidens and Seleana snicker together, Zenna, Maja, Christina, Brittany and Halo come walking into the room.

Brittany Williams-Annis: Hear ye, hear ye, the Champ is HERE!!!

Halo shakes her head as her wife almost starts jumping up and down in excitement.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: I’m still fuckin’ in shock, y’all!

Christina and Brittany both hug her, Seleana, Zenna and Maja joining the familial embrace right alongside them.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m so proud of you!

Zenna and Maja both nod their agreement.

Zenna Zdunich: Ja!

Maja Lindström: Ja, it’s the truth!

Seleana looks around the room and smiles.

Seleana Zdunich: So, I’m keen to train for my four-way on Sunday, is anyone else keen?

Bullet, Bandit, Bruiser, Psycho, Banshee and Taza all look between each other. Maja nods and walks over to the ring conveniently set up for everyone.

Maja Lindström: Ja, I am!

Maja climbs into the ring and waits to see who else will step up. Seleana walks over and climbs into the ring, hugging Maja upon arrival.

Seleana Zdunich: Tack. Jag älskar dig, min kusin.

Bandit and Psycho shrug and walk up to the ring.

Jackie "Bandit" Layton: How about us?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: A flyer and a striker, both smaller and faster? Ja, det är perfekt!

The two climb into the ring, Bruiser moving into her old customary coaching position.

Becca "Bruiser" Maguire: Don’t you be holdin’ back, now! Sorsh, you go for kickin’ their fuckin’ heads off! Jackie, you do your usual run ‘em to death and then fly all over God’s Creation. Maybe even pull some of your ST tag team stuff too!

She pauses and then grins playfully at her mohawked wife.

Becca "Bruiser" Maguire: Don’t go fallin’ in love with your kicks now, Sorsh!

Psycho grins back knowingly.

"Psycho" Saoirse Maguire: I’ll bae kickin’ whoteva I bae wantin’ tae kick, Lass!

Bandit laughs, shaking her head.

Jackie "Bandit" Layton: God, don’t ever change, Sorsh!

Banshee, Taza, Bullet, Halo, Brittany, Christina and Zenna move in closer so as to be in position to cheer on the respective competitors.

Christina Zdunich: Get ‘em, Babe!

Zenna claps.

Zenna Zdunich: Vinn Maja!

Bullet just shrugs.

Alex "Bullet" Carbajal: I just want to see how fast Jack is this time. It’s always fun to watch.

Taza nods.

Gabriela "Taza" Carbajal: Can I try next?

Bullet nods and Taza smiles at her sister and president.

Gabriela "Taza" Carbajal: Gracias, nombre de dios.

Bullet smiles and pats her on the back as Banshee pounds the mat on the apron.

Aoife "Banshee" Maguire: Get ‘em, Lass!

Halo and Brittany both nod.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Come on, Mama Sel! Y’all got this!

Brittany: Come on!

The bell sounds and the four women start their practice slugfest.

Off-Camera

Friday, June 19, 2020
Parking Lot
Will Rogers World Airport
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5:17 PM  CDT

Having turned in their rental car, Seleana, Christina, Zenna, Brittany and Halo all start heading towards the front door of the airp[ort when a voice none of them expected to hear echoes through the air.

“HEY!!!!”

Halo freezes in her steps and shakes her head.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Tell me, that ain’t who it sounds like…

They all turn and see Halo’s estranged father, Dewey Annis, walking with purpose towards them.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Shit…

Seleana grips her shoulder.

Seleana Zdunich: If you’re keen, we’ll get rid of him?

Zenna nods quickly.

Zenna Zdunich: Ja, we will!

Christina nods her own agreement.

Christina Zdunich: You won’t be the only ones.

Brittany Williams-Annis: Let me?

Halo shakes her head.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: He’s my father…

Seleana Zdunich: You are certain of this?

Halo nods and takes a step forward to face her father. Dewey walks right up to her and gets close enough to smell the liquor on his breath.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Daddy, have you been…

Before she even finishes the question, Dewey slaps the taste from his daughter’s mouth.

Dewey Annis: You have no right to question me about a goddamn thing! Does y’all understand me, Haylie Jo?

Halo just stares at him, more in shock than anything else. Seleana and Zenna step forward to face off with him.

Seleana Zdunich: What do you think you are doing?

Zenna Zdunich: You going to try hitting us too?

Dewey exhales heavily and both sisters grimace at the whiskey breath smell.

Zenna Zdunich: Jack Daniel’s, smells like most of a bottle, possibly more…

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Daddy!

Dewey shakes his head.

Dewey Annis: Ain’t none of y’all’s dyke business! I’m here to talk to my daughter about the stupid shit she’s done with her life and y’all just in the way!

Christiana and Brittany step up next to the Zdunich Sisters.

Brittany Williams-Annis: You shut your mouth, she’s a champion and a great wife!

Dewey almost laughs.

Dewey Annis: Shut y’all’s dyke whore mouth!

Halo slaps him the same way he slapped her previously.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: talk to her like that again and I’m knockin’ y’all’s ass out, daddy or no!

Dewey shakes his head.

Dewey Annis: How DARE you! I raised you! Put…

Seleana cuts him off.

Seleana Zdunich: You did nothing! You gamble house away and make her live on the streets.

Zenna nods.

Zenna Zdunich: You sent her away when she became inconvenient for you and tried to make her be a nun so you wouldn’t have to worry about her having kids!

Seleana Zdunich: You are nothing!

Zenna Zdunich: And you will always be nothing!

Dewey shakes his head in anger.

Dewey Annis: I should’ve known how she would turn out with y’all! Buncha stupid libtard dyke bitches! I knew once she turned to bestiality with them coons, it was all over!

Christina and Brittany stare at him in shock to hear that word come flying out at them. Halo growls in almost primal rage.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: You shut the FUCK up!  

Dewey is unrepentant.

Dewey Annis: Oh, did I hit a nerve? Your Mama is rollin’ over in her grave to think y’all turned into a nig…

Unable to take it anymore, Seleana punches him dead in the eye.

Seleana Zdunich: Din jävla idiot! Håll käften!  

Dewey recoils, a dent in his face from where Seleana hit him.

Dewey Annis: Y’all gonna get it now, attackin’ me like this when y’all ain’t even from here! Go the fuck back home you freeloadin’ fuckin’...

Again, his words are cut off by a punch, this one from Halo.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Don’t you talk to Mama Sel like that, you fuckin’ bastard! She and Mama Chrys been more parents to be than you ever been! And if you ever say that word again in front of my wife, I’m gonna send you to meet Mama and I hope she’s waitin for you at them Pearly Gates with your mama and a switch so they can take y’all out to the damn woodshed like they should have done a long time ago!

Dewey Annis’s eyes almost bulge out of his head in outraged anger.

Dewey Annis: You’re choosin’ them coons over your own flesh and blood!  

Zenna kicks him between the uprights.

Zenna Zdunich: Håll käften, din jävla fulla dåre!

Dewey starts to cough as he clutches at his now mauled marbles. Brittany punches him and he spins where Christina punches him as well. Seleana grabs him by the chin and glares into his eyes.

Seleana Zdunich: Du har skit i det blå skåpet! Men det finns ingen ko på isen, så vi kommer att leva även när du tar vatten över huvudet.

Halo nods.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Stay away from us. I’m filing a restraining order on you the second we land. Now go sleep it off, you fuickin’ asshole!

They shove him aside and walk into the airport to catch their flights home.

On-Camera

Friday, June 19, 2020
Empty Ballroom
Saxon Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada
8:04 PM  PDT

The camera opens on Seleana Zdunich standing alone in a ballroom that appears to have been emptied in order to set something up soon but for a lone table. Seleana walks over to it and allows the camera to see there’s a roulette wheel sitting on top of the table. She picks up the marble and sets the wheel in motion.

Seleana Zdunich: Around it goes, ja?

She and the camera watch as the marble goes around the wheel kicking from one panel to another, seemingly not ready to settle in any one spot just yet.  

Seleana Zdunich: Where it will end, none of us know. We could literally have any kind of match there is on Sunday. We could even end up in my second straight ladder match depending on who is setting the wheel and with what options...  

The marble keeps going, the wheel spinning against the entire time.

Seleana Zdunich: The four of us, Violet Amelia Holt, Jessie Salco, Bella Madison, and I, we all walk down, and watch as we spin the wheel…

She steps back and the wheel begins to slow down, the marble now clicking slower as the spin starts to end.

Seleana Zdunich: I know none of you think I deserve to be in this match at all. I was just in the battle to be Queen and I came up short. I was not able to outlast my wife and now she rewards me with a main event and a championship opportunity…

The wheel slows down and almost stops, the marble nearing the end of its journey with a slow click, click, click.  

Seleana Zdunich: It is funny that some of you saying these things are the same who told me I should leave her because it was obvious she only thinks of herself, ja?

She nods angrily.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, you did, and you would have spoken badly about her and the card no matter where she put me. If she puts in the main event, it is favoritism and I am getting something I do not deserve and yet, if she puts me in the opening match, you make fun of the fact that she cares so little for me, that I am nothing even when she is in charge! She could have left me off, she could have done this, she could have done this…

The wheel comes to a stop, the marble clicking a few last times.

Seleana Zdunich: Håll käften och sluta gnälla!

The marble comes to rest on black thirteen.

Seleana Zdunich: That is all you ever seem to do when it comes to my wife, is whine and complain because no matter what she does, no matter what I do, it is never good enough for any of you! If you did not want something like this to happen, then blame Christian and Mark for putting her in the match and blame Roxi, Tallyn, Jessie and Mercedes for failing to stop her the same way I did! They were all in that match too, they all failed in the exact same manner, and now, whether you like it or not, Christina Rose is Queen For The Day!  Whether you like it or you do not like it, learn to live with it because it is just how it is, ja?

She looks down and nods to the wheel, setting it off on another spin all over again.

Seleana Zdunich: And It is interesting to me that you complain about her giving this to me when she gave it to Jessie as well and she and Jessie do not like each other at all!

Looking away from the camera, she watches the marble go around and around and around again.

Seleana Zdunich: The same Jessie Salco that failed to stop her from climbing the ladder and becoming Queen! The same Jessie Salco that failed time and time again to beat me to get her name taken off the title shot banned list! The same Jessie Salco that was supposed to eb the roadblock that stopped me from climbing back up to get another shot at Alicia Lukas and the World Bombshell Title and failed so many times that should be her epitaph: Here lies Jessie Salco, she couldn’t stop the zookeeper trophy wife from challenging for the World Championship!  

Seleana looks back up to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: If I do not deserve it, neither does she, but here we both are, ja?

She nods and looks back to the marble.

Seleana Zdunich: Bella Madison does a lot of talking as well. At Into The Void, she said the Trenton Tigers would not be able to do things to cost them again and yet, at the end of the night, she was standing in the place Jessie and I were, staring at the ring and watching someone else get their hand raised. I hear things about your family and I cannot decide who has worse luck when it comes to that, my wife’s family or yours and I would say the good part is that it does not seem to distract you from your work in the ring but then…

Seleana looks to the wheel and almost laughs.

Seleana Zdunich: Another one of us who is not really deserving, ja?

She nods and watches the marble shoot around the wheel.

Seleana Zdunich: So here we sit, three unworthy challengers, all staring at a roulette table and hoping for the best on a single spin…

The wheel comes to a stop and the marble clicks into a red two.

Seleana Zdunich: And our champion...

She nods slowly.

Seleana Zdunich: Violet Amelia Holt…

Seleana looks up to the camera and glares harshly.

Seleana Zdunich: It is amazing to me that anyone thinks there is yet juice in that name considering how often your family has shown an alarming tendency to simply vanish just as people start to believe in them. Be it your father, your uncle, your aunty, your sister or whoever else has had the misfortune of wearing that family name into the ring, they have all come in, made a big splash somewhere, gotten everybody’s attention and made everyone believe they would be the pillars of the company only to disappear the second the going gets a little difficult!

She steps away from the table and nods gravely.

Seleana Zdunich: Do not tell me that is a lie, a friend of mine called Nikki dated your aunt and when she needed her most, Caroline Holt vanished on her like a sad beer fart at three in the morning during a Christian and Mark pub crawl! It’s been over two years’ time and still, not even a text message or twitter DM to try and explain what happened to her! No one from you family bothered to reach out because they were all too busy sitting at some family function somewhere with their hands in places you get arrested for having them in public and left poor Nikki to recover from her ordeal all by herself and that is the Holt Family legacy in microcosm. You should all be the greatest names in the history of this sport. You are all insanely talented! You all have shown the ability to grab the headlines, the hearts and minds of everybody watching, win championships and lay the foundation for what should be absolute greatness and then you piss it away just as everyone starts to believe in you!

Her right hand raises up and then squeezes into a fist as if trying to hold onto something that is desperately floating away.

Seleana Zdunich: I want to believe in you, Violet. I want to believe that you will be different and that you will be here for years to take your place next to Sam Marlowe, Alicia Lukas and Andrea Hernandez! That you will put your name on that list with Roxi Johnson, Christina Rose, Mercedes Vargas, Mikah and all of those that have come along and dominated for years on end until their recognition demands itself!      

She turns away and starts the roulette wheel again.

Seleana Zdunich: But I have seen this movie before and it always plays out the same…

Watching in silence, the wheel goes around again and again and starts to slow down.  

Seleana Zdunich: So here we stand, four warriors, all talented, all needing to prove something, all ready for an opportunity no one thinks should be here…

She watches as the wheel comes to a stop and the marble clicks onto black thirty-five.

Seleana Zdunich: We will spin the wheel, we will be given the chance to destroy each other and along with it, the opportunity to destroy everyone’s expectations!

The camera zooms in tighter on her.

Seleana Zdunich: I did not ask for this but it was given whether anyone likes it or not! I will walk into that room, I will watch the wheel spin and I will take whatever option is given. I will walk into the match with Violet, Jessie and Bella and I will make believers out of all of you as I ask, do you know where you are?  

She nods angrily.

Seleana Zdunich: Välkommen till djungeln!