Author Topic: Paradise City  (Read 569 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Paradise City
« on: September 20, 2019, 11:51:51 PM »
 Off-Camera

Friday, September 20, 2019
Apple Bay Beach
Tortola
British Virgin Islands
3:21 PM  AST

Sitting on the beach in her black and white bikini with the almost soccer ball pattern to it, Seleana Zdunich watches her wife, fellow SCW wrestler Christina Zdunich, trying out her surfboard in the water. She smiles as Christina paddles out for her third try and nods, pumping a fist.  

Seleana Zdunich: Ja Stjärna! Gör det! Gör det! Gör det!

She nods again before turning to her bag and slipping her laptop from it and sitting on a short laptop flip desk she’d bought on Amazon for just such an occasion. As the laptop boots up, she glances otu and watches Christina trying to stand up on the board and nods happily. She turns back to the computer and quickly checks a few things. Nodding slowly, she opens a chat service and places a voice call. Within seconds, the call is answered.

V: Mrs. Zdunich?

Seleana nods as she glances out to the water again.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, Linda, how are you, Chickie?

The voice of the woman in question, Linda Anstee, noticeably brightens.

LA: I’m doing well, Mrs. Zdunich, how are you?

Seleana shrugs, still watching her wife in the surf.      

Seleana Zdunich: I am well, thank you. Did we receive the financial documentation we were to receive from the studio?

LA: We have, you should have copies emailed to you as well. Physical copies should be at your PO Box.

Seleana nods approvingly.

Seleana Zdunich: I will have that checked. How are the markets?

A few keystrokes are heard before Linda answers.

LA: Stockholm, you are up 40 for the year. The plan we came up with seems to be working there nicely. I think we will be ready to get out at the end of the month there unless you think we should try a little longer?

Seleana quickly shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: Nej, I think you are right that we should get out then. The others?

A few more keystrokes and Linda has the answer ready.

LA: Tokyo and Hong Kong, you are up 20 each. It would seem going in small and slow there was a good idea. If we had tried bigger, it might have been a problem but the strategy is paying off. I don’t think you’re going to see the same return there that you got in Stockholm but you mentioned you weren’t expecting that when you started so…  

A few more keystrokes.

LA: That mutual fund from the UK gives you an out before October starts, I would suggest you exercise that option. Brexit will make that fund go, for lack of a better term, apeshit, and you’re not going to want to be part of that volatility in your current circumstances.  

Seleana nods as she hears more keystrokes.

Seleana Zdunich: Okej, ja, let us do that.

A couple of more keystrokes follow.

LA: I’ll send you the paperwork for that, it’ll be in your PO Box on Monday. NASDAQ, you’re up 15, it probably should have been 18 but that last one I found for you didn’t perform as well as I’d hoped. I think we should get out of that one and look for something else as the factors that led us to it in the first place are no longer in play.

Seleana nods again.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, we’ve gotten all we can get from that one. I’m sending you two options I found to see if you think they are viable for my situation?

Rapid fire keystrokes follow.

LA: This first one would be a slow burn. We’d be talking February before you start to see any real return on it but it has potential for a big one once it gets rolling. The second…

Another emphatic keystroke.

LA: That one looks like it’s a “too good to be true” situation. The big payoff for it isn’t real, it almost looks like a pump and dump but I can look into more over the weekend to be sure if you would like me to?  

Seleana nods slowly, pondering the situation.

Seleana Zdunich: Ok, set up the trades to get out of the one we discuss and into the first option. Look into the second but if you think it still smells on Monday, just say the word and we discard it as a possibility.

Slow keystrokes are heard again.

LA: Done. New York, I think you’ve done well to stay lowkey on. You’re up five with a chance for another two by Christmas. Hamburg, you’re down one but you stayed lowkey there as well so it’s not a bad one at all. I think you might consider just getting out of that market altogether. It’s not really doing anything for you.

Seleana glances out to the water and smiles.

Seleana Zdunich: We’ll revisit that next week. Come up with options for a replacement if we do get out of that one. What of the other project?

Linda goes quiet for a second.

LA: I think you can get enough to be a thorn in his side but I don’t know if you can crowd him out. There’s enough other holders that it might take a while to corner if you manage that at all.

Seleana nods slowly.

Seleana Zdunich: Does he know it is me?

LA: No, it just looks like other random buyers.

Seleana looks back to her computer and nods firmly.

Seleana Zdunich: Vilken jävla röv är han!

Again, Linda goes dead silent, this time in shock.

LA: I… don’t think I’ve ever heard you speak of someone like that…

Looking up, Seleana watches Christian start to paddle back out on the surfboard again.

Seleana Zdunich: There are not many I would speak of that way but he is one.

Keystrokes are heard on Linda’s end again.

LA: I don’t think your situation is as dire as your wife fears. You’ve saved all of your money from wrestling and even made it grow some. You’ve made money off the zoo and continue to do so. Becky says you’ve had modeling offers you could take up and I’m sure your wife could take a few as well. If her daughter and daughter-in-law still live in your house, you’re a four income family and you all should have a decent one on your own.

Seleana nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: So I should not have to sell the car yet?

Linda laughs.

LA: No, you should not have to sell your car, unless Christina owns like eight and you think it would be wise to downsize anyway just to save on the insurance premiums.

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: She does not like to drive much so we will need to have that discussion. Haylie Jo and I do drive our vehicles. Brittany tends to ride with others, I do not think she even has a full license to drive herself.

She watches Christina climb up on the board again and smiles.

Seleana Zdunich: Thank you, Linda, I will call you again after we have returned on Monday.

LA: Good luck in your matches on Sunday!

Seleana smiles as she goes to end the call.

Seleana Zdunich: Tack!

The call ends and Seleana sighs heavily.

Seleana Zdunich: We’ll get through this, Estrellita.  Tillsammans kan vi tåla stormen.

On-Camera

Friday, September 20, 2019
Apple Bay Beach
Tortola
British Virgin Islands
5:31 PM  AST

The camera opens on Seleana Zdunich standing in front of a yellow surfboard on the beach wearing her black and white soccer ball-style pattern bikini.

Seleana Zdunich: It really is beautiful here, ja?

She swings her arms out so that the camera swings around to get a good view of both the beach and then the ocean.

Seleana Zdunich: I should thank Christian and Mark for sending us hear, though, that might cause Christian to think he is hallucinating so…

The camera moves back to find her smirking playfully in front of the surfboard.

Seleana Zdunich: Perhaps nej?  

Seleana looks passed the camera and smiles.

Seleana Zdunich: I am just happy that Christina can enjoy the anticipation of facing Roxi after what that…

She grits her teeth in anger, the smile slowly fading away.

Seleana Zdunich: Jessie Salco did to her the last two weeks.

She shakes her head in disgust, the smile now gone.

Seleana Zdunich: Jessie…

A glare crosses her face where the smile had previously resided.

Seleana Zdunich: Hon är en riktig fitta!

Seemingly catching herself, Seleana  glances down at the sand and then shakes her head before looking back up to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: The less attention I give that one the better…

She shrugs dismissively.

Seleana Zdunich: As Alicia would probably say, been there, beat that…

A small smirk returns to her face.

Seleana Zdunich: And ja, I know she can say that about me as well and at High Stakes, God willing, I will see about rectifying that but we are not here to talk about Alicia and I having a third encounter. We are here to talk about a woman I respect on so many levels, I cannot even begin to comprehend it all. She and her wife have rightfully taken their places in the pantheon of legends and I cannot wait to step in the right with Keira Johnson!

She nods happily, the smile broadening and brightening.

Seleana Zdunich: We played basketball together on the Summer XXXtreme cruise last year. Team Hero are really heroes to me and I was so happy to see you come back to the ring! I know you want to get back to where I am and I respect that. It’s the same thing I did when I first got to the spot I’m in. I wanted to earn my way in and I have more than once. Now you get the chance and it’s with me and Keira…

She nods forcefully.

Seleana Zdunich: Let’s let it all rock out there in the ring! I know Roxi and Christina will so when it is our turn, we make them proud of us! We make Nate, Brittany and HayJo proud of us! We give the world a fight that we will be proud to put our names on and show everyone that we belong in that discussion with Alicia Lukas!  

Nodding again, she raises her arm to point to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: I want to see what team Hero is all about! I want to see the Keira Johnson everyone talks about as being one of the greatest of all time! I want to see the Keira Johnson I know is still there and just waiting to show the world! I want to see what all the talk is about! I am ready to meet you in the ring and I am ready to show you what I am made of!

Her arm drops back to her side as she glances down at her own body.

Seleana Zdunich: And hey, considering how much you guys talk about people not wearing pants, I think I dress appropriately for this, ja?

Looking back up, Seleana snickers.

Seleana Zdunich: Let’s do this, Keira! We’re already in the paradise city and we are the girls that are pretty so…

She drops down into the “Hero Landing” pose.

Seleana Zdunich: Hero Powers activate!

She jumps up, with her right hand extended to the sky as the camera fades to black.