Author Topic: Proving The Haters Wrong  (Read 285 times)

Offline Kate Steele

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • "The Nurse" Cynthia Warren
Proving The Haters Wrong
« on: June 12, 2015, 08:45:53 PM »
 We open up to a shot of Cindy Warren sitting down in front of a camera. She offers a long sigh as she begins to speak.

“You ever get the feeling that no matter what you do you always find yourself being stuck in the same place that you were in when you first came into the company? And no matter how much you pour into this business, no matter how much of a stride you make. No matter what you do you always seem to come short. You don’t do enough to really turn the company head over heels. You just do enough to collect a paycheck and to call it a day. Well to be honest when it comes to me that’s how I feel right about now. Nobody seems to be taking me seriously. They just see me as a blonde who is going to get walked all over. The woman who is going to get stomped on by everyone else. A doormat if you will, and you could ask the other wrestlers and they will all say the same thing… Oh Cindy she’s terrible. Oh it’s Cindy Warren here comes the queen of everything generic and all of the not so nice things that comes with the territory.

Well I am sick of just sitting around and being this company’s modern day punching bag. I am sick and tired of just letting these new people to company come right on it and using me as their pedestal that they use to propel their careers forward. I know in my heart that if given the opportunity. If given the simple chance I have all the ability in the world to get really far in this business. There’s no putting it off until next week in hopes that I could get better next time. That I could perhaps do things better the next time I find myself being booked. I have been booked a lot lately and the window of opportunity is just steadily right there in front of me.

I need to reach out and grab it, and most of all I need to grab onto destiny with my own bare hands. What I am after is the same thing that I was after since day one and it hasn’t changed away from that mentality. To one day become a champion. To one day be able to say that I made it to the top of the mountain in SCW. It’s quite a hard thing to do when all I seem to do is lose when chances to move up the ladder present itself, but you can forget everything that you have saw in the weeks prior to this upcoming match because they were matches when I was shades of my former self. When I really wasn’t into it and I was buying into the hype of everyone else.

But as of today you won’t get that anymore. You won’t get a woman who is down on her luck and is thriving on the concept of better luck next time and all of the pep talks to build herself up. You are getting a woman who is focused on what’s in front of her and a woman who is not afraid to take what she longs for. To all of the wrestlers in the back you really want to doubt me?! You really think I don’t stand a chance of beating Melanie Gabrielle in the middle of the ring?! Is that what you all think when you see my name listed on the show?!

Well if your mind is on Cindy losing yet another match you are sadly mistaken. So you better rewind things back. You might as well take every single bad thing back that you ever said about me because unlike the weeks prior to this one. For the first time in a long time I am actually motivated to prove all of you doubters wrong. I am motivated to showcase what this nurse is bringing to the table, and I am ready to prove to everyone that I can be taken seriously as a wrestler.

That I do have all the means to win matches and most of all I have what it takes to defeat Melanie in the ring. What do I know about Melanie?! To be honest not really all that much.. I just know it wasn’t that long ago before the likes of the Johnsons were able to overcome the Angel Clan in a match. Melanie will try to say she knows of my husband from  UWF and to be honest that’s mostly on him.

Jimmy was out to do his own thing and he was only around for a quick breath of air but this isn’t about what Jimmy did in another company. This is what I am about to do in this one. I am hungry for a win. Hungry to climb right back into contention of some kind. I know I didn’t get the job done against Lucy a few weeks ago, but that was then this is now… And the only thing that matters is what’s going to happen when we both step into the ring.

The way I see it we are both looking to emerge with a win. We both NEED a win here because we are coming off losses, but to be honest Melanie I need this win more than you do. You have held your fare of championships before.

You seem to have done a lot in your career but when it comes to me I really haven’t done much that is worthwhile… I have a career that has been lackluster at best and I have been forced to watch all of these people rise up to become something while I am left in the dust wondering if I can find a way to pick up the pieces and become something myself.

Electra… Came in and just won the SCW Bombshell Championship.

Crystal… Came in and won the Roulette Championship.

Mikah just became the Bombshell Champion.

And now you have Keira parading around with the right to get a title match whenever she sees fit. I on the other hand have watched people come into this company long after I have and they quickly ascended to the top and I have forced to watch them rise up time and time again. It get’s quite irritating to be honest, and I am tired of hanging around in the dark watching others quickly ascended.

It’s about time I get mine. It’s about time I start marching forward with my own career and making a name for myself. I am sorry that it just so happens to be against you, but nothing will stop me from pulling ahead with a win. Seeing is believing and after our match I will make a lot of nonbelievers into believers.

Don’t doubt Cynthia Warren… This is my story and you are simply just a chapter of greatness being written. It’s time to turn the page and get back on track.

Welcome to my story Melanie. You won’t like how this one is going to end….

Off Camera

Cindy has a disgusted expression on her face as she doesn’t say a word. Her husband Jimmy can’t help but grin as he looks deeply into his wife’s eyes.

Cindy: …

Jimmy: Oh come on not the silent treatment… Come on Cindy you really upset over losing AGAIN… It’s ok to lose once in a while… I mean you just have a habit of losing all of the times but it’s fine right… It’s not like you lose that much….

Jimmy can’t help but grin as he looks back at her but Cindy shows no reaction as she just stares at him blankly.

Jimmy: Oh come on it’s a joke… Look we all go through rough patches in our careers at time… Remember that time I had fought with sorry ass Joe Everyman? I mean what kind of guy names himself Joe Everyman… That’s like super generic, but remember when I lost to him… Do you remember what my reaction was after losing a championship I worked so hard to get?!

Cindy finally opens her mouth slightly as she looks deeply into his eyes.

Cindy: You didn’t have anything to say because the fed closed after that night you jerk!

Jimmy: Good point but it’s all about the principle of the thing… I didn’t beat myself up… I didn’t get all mad I just shrugged it off because I know that I am a much better wrestler than he could ever be. Do you lose a lot? Well of course you do but it’s not because you aren’t good or anything like that… It’s because you honestly lack passion.  You aren’t passionate about what you are doing, and why you are doing it. At least when I wrestled. I had no problem being the biggest dick in the entire world. You seem to have a lot on your plate. You want to do it for Terra. You want to do it for your brother, you want to do it in spite of your parents not wanting you too… What you need to do is find balance. Find what you are really after and once you find that. I guarantee the wins will come but it’s nothing something that’s going to happen miraculously overnight. It’s going to take some time.

Cindy: I understand… You think I could really become a good wrestler and one day ascend to the top?

Jimmy: Duh…. You are a Warren.. Even if it’s by marriage… And I am not going to marry someone that can’t pull their own weight… Even if you are totes hot and what have you…

Cindy:: Jimmy?

Jimmy: Yes dear?

Cindy: Never stop being you… And I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
user posted image

user posted image