Author Topic: The Return  (Read 325 times)

Offline Kate Steele

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • "The Nurse" Cynthia Warren
The Return
« on: October 17, 2014, 11:52:16 PM »
 The Past
During Cyn’s Hiatus

We find ourselves in the home of the Murphys (Cindy’s parents) in Charlotte, North Carolina. Cindy and James Warren are back inside the house of Cynthia’s parents. James offers a long sigh as the two of them are resting on the bed in Cindy’s old bedroom.

“Look Cyn I appreciate us being here but don’t you think we spent enough time at your parents house? I thought we were well past looking for them for their help and guidance. We were going to move on with our lives and focus on what we wanted to do, and that thing being wrestling. Why are you even second guessing yourself now?!”

Cindy on the other hand turns her attention over to her husband as she offers a sigh at him. She picks up a photo frame that is next to her bed, and holds it closely as she stares at a picture of her in her teenage years alongside her deceased younger brother. She let’s a few tears stream down her face as she turns her attention back over to James.

“Jimmy I honestly do want to wrestle but I don’t want to sacrifice my family in order to wrestle. Terra needs us more than anything else in the world, and we will never get the chance to relive these days. Don’t you want to watch her blossom into a beautiful young little lady. She’s two and we should be enjoying this time with our little angel. As much as I love my parents it shouldn’t be their responsibility to raise her. It’s our job. We brought her into this world, and we should have it in us to raise her.”

Cindy says patiently as she keeps locking her eyes on the photograph. Jimmy on the other hand just shakes his head in disgust as he looks back at his wife.

“Nah that’s alright. We can leave Terra here it’s really not a big deal. I mean she’s in the terrible two’s so the longer she stays here, the shorter time we have to deal with Terra not listening and….”

“Jimmy…” Is all Cynthia says as she gives him the look. James on the other hand just smiles in return as he shakes his head back at his wife. “Relax Cyn it was just a joke. Look to be honest there isn’t any reason why we need to leave Terra here. Instead of focusing on trying to balance the two. Wondering if you should choose either wrestling or your daughter, why not we just choose to do both. It’s not like either of us are honestly practicing anything in the medical field that much anymore. Plus she is two and we don’t want to miss anything having to do with her development. We could bring her on the road with us and just live life traveling hanging about as a family. There might be some small issues on the way but we could always find a daycare when we are in a pinch, and find places that will take care of her. You want your family to stay together? Then fine that’s what we are going to do… No reason to sacrifice something you love to do though…”

Jimmy shakes his head as he glances right back into the eyes of his wife. “Honestly I wouldn’t mind getting you back in wrestling either. Gives us a chance to travel the road plus gives you a chance to interact with Roxi Johnson a little more. If all goes well you could probably ask her for an autograph when you see her and have her sign the autograph out to Todd….”

Cindy’’s eyes open wide up. “Your brother?”

“Yes my brother... “

“I thought he despises her though. I have seen him tweeting at her. Seems obsessed with trying to prove that she doesn’t love everyone like she says she does.”

James just shakes his head looking back at Cindy. “Nah I am sure it’s a cover up. He just wants an autograph he’s just too shy to say so. Plus most of his hatred comes from the team that she supports. He is just mad because his college football team hasn’t been relative in God knows how long. Besides who in their right mind would even cheer for any team out of the SEC conference. LSU no less which doesn’t even make sense considering he grew up in New York...He should be cheering for Syracuse or some other team from the ACC… You know how our division does. Home of the College Football Champions. Home of the conference that always sends the toughest teams into the College basketball conference…”

Cindy thinks about it for a few moments before she gives him a blank stare. “But your brother aside you honestly think we can manage being parents and being on the road. It just seems like a big jump for us.”

James however just shakes his head back at his wife. “Why do we even have to be worried about any of it Cyn? It’s not different from other parents who both have to work, and wondering what they are going to do with their child. I think that we both are pretty well established that we can handle the extra pressure of having Terra with us. Cyn if there’s any mother up to the task and doing both it’s you. You are the strongest woman I own and you might as well own up to it.”

“You really think that?”

“Of course I do and if it means getting the hell out of your parents house I am all for it. Not that there’s anything wrong with them but I rather us being able to work out our own problems and finding solutions to them.”

Cynthia thinks about it as she glances at her husband. “Alright James… If you honestly believe in that let’s go for it. Come on let’s talk to my parents…”

“What do you mean let’s talk to your parents?! Look I am not talking to Mr. Murphy… I swear every time I talk to that man I feel like he just wants to hurt me. Like I will never be good enough for his daughter.”

“Well you will never be. I am his only girl after all. Come on let’s go do this. It shouldn’t be that hard…”

James offers a sigh as Cindy grabs him, and the two of them leave the bedroom as they head for the living room where Cynthia’s parents are playing with their granddaughter. Cindy offers a smile as she looks at the both of them. “Mom and Dad… There’s something I wanted to talk to you about. I honestly appreciate you guys letting Jimmy and I spend so much time here. When I took a sabbatical from wrestling I honestly didn’t know what I wanted to do. I had a hard time trying to decide between my daughter and my career, but Jimmy and I came to the understanding that there shouldn’t be any reason why we cannot do both. So I am happy you looked after Terra but we are taking her with us.”

Cynthia’s mother opens her eyes wide up. “You aren’t bringing her on the road with you two, and I thought you decided to give up that wrestling nonsense…”

“No mom I didn’t give it up! The reason I took the break in the first place because I had some soul searching to do. And I wanted my daughter with me. You can try to stop us as much as you want but at the end of the day she is James and I’s responsibility, and what we say goes. That’s the end of it.”

There is tension as Cindy really never stood up to her mother before. Her mother stood up as she looked right into the eyes of her daughter. “If that’s what you want to do we aren’t going to stop you. Terra is your child and she is your responsibility. At the end of the day. James and you have to decide what’s best for her, and it’s not our place to stop you. Whatever you do don’t be afraid to stop by and visit us. We may not agree with your decisions but you are our daughter and we support you every step of the way…”

Cindy’s eyes open wide up as she immediately runs over to her mother embracing her into a long passionate hug. “Thank you so so much mom. You have no idea how much that means to me…”

“Besides we kind of figured you were going back to wrestling, considering we been following on Twitter. Something about how it’s a stretch that Cynthia Warren beating somebody would be a stretch in Parris Island… Yeah your father and I plan to make the drive down to Charlotte to see that…”

Cindy’s eyes open wide up as she looks back at them. “You knew I was returning?! And didn’t question me about it?”

“It’s not our place to do so. We were waiting to see if you were going to do it yourself which you did. I trust you will do your best to raise Terra. Just do what you can and never stop being you. As long as you keep being yourself and keep fighting. Nothing will stop you. Show them what being a Murphy is all about…”

James clears his throat as he smiles. “You mean a Warren?”

The father grills James. “No… We have seen what you Warrens are all about. Especially judging by how your brother acts… Just be you Cyn. For now let’s just enjoy the time we have together. You could never let us down…”

That’s all Cindy needed to hear. With the support of her family she had all she need to make a great return and prove the masses wrong. That she was ready to return and make an impact, and most of all kick Mercedes Vargas ass in the process.

\'user

Hello to everyone out there. Longtime no see. I know it’s been a couple of months since you all were able to see me competing on SCW programming but truth be told I just needed some time for myself. I needed some time to do some soul searching and more importantly than that I had to get away to take care of my two year old little girl. Nothing comes in the way of motherhood and to me my baby girl is the most important thing to me. However being away from the ring so long I come to realize that I hold wrestling a very high standard.

Wrestling is special because I can channel out all of my negative energy and turn it into a positive. It’s hard being a professional athlete, a mother, and of course a nurse. During my short tenure of being a nurse I have dealt with things that one cannot even fathom. I think the hardest thing was being the head nurse for the Hospice wing at Charlotte University Hospital. It was hard going to work, and working with those who were chronically ill with no signs for a happy ending, with no signs for a recovery, and yet expected to put on a smile, and tell them that things aren’t as bad as they seem.

It felt hard having to carry the burden of so many people while my own problems get put on the backburner because I am focused on helping everyone else. With wrestling I can walk into a squared circle, and wrestle with everything I have in me. I can leave all of those thoughts behind me as I just give everything I have to keep on fighting. To fight, survive, and thrive. Being a symbol to all of those that may not have the power to fight and show them that if you really put your heart at something you could thrive in any situation.

You simply just need to believe in it. If you judge my book by it’s cover you might question what business do I even have in a ring. I am just yet another blonde who wants to try her craft at wrestling, who thinks that because she knows an armbar and a suplex she automatically assumes she has what it takes to step inside the ring. Or that I am some bimbo who wants to use wrestling as a stepping stone so she could get deeper into modeling, fame, or whatever fortune that comes with it.

But that couldn’t be any farther from the truth. I didn’t come here for any of that. After all I come to this business as a woman who is already established. A woman who received a nursing degree. A woman who has a pretty stable career, and is happy with what she is doing. A woman who is living the American dream of owning a house, being married, and having a child as well.

That clearly isn’t the reason for why I am here. I am here because I want to be here, and no matter the challenge. No matter how big the adversary my big, and no matter how much on paper it may seem like I am way out of my league I will still come down to that ring, and I will still lay down everything I have in me.

Because at the end of the day that’s all I really can do. Why should I be afraid of anything? Why should I let the thought of facing someone like Mercedes Vargas send the chills down my spine. She doesn’t merit that type of reaction from me. In order to really be taken serious as a wrestler you have to face those at the top, and there’s no room for improvement if I don’t step inside the ring with someone like Mercedes Vargas.

Mercedes let it known that I have you in my crosshairs and I am going in for the kill. Do I know what is at stake in this match that we have going on? You can bet your bottom dollar that I do, and you better get ready because I am looking to get the BeeGeeBees out of you.

Ok so maybe BeeGeeBees isn’t really that mean, and I might not have this whole trash talk thing down but let me just speak some truth about Mercedes Vargas. How can anyone take her serious? I know she is one of the best that the company has to offer. She wouldn’t be a three time Roulette Champion if she wasn’t. She wouldn’t be a former tag team champion ever. Mercedes is someone who has wrestled for a very long time and she is in her thirties with no signs of slowing down.

She is a woman that I can respect, while her attitude may not be the best for the stuff that she does inside the ring she warrants respect, but as a person I just can’t tolerate her. I don’t follow Twitter as much as I should but I have been lurking around and I don’t appreciate the stuff she has been spewing her mouth about me.

She has been treating me like that of a blank check. Something that she can be easily written off, and that she will go on towards the next supershow to defend her championship against Zuri, and while Zuri is on the horizon. Instead of focusing on what’s down the road, and making light that this is going to be an easy defense. I would start taking me seriously because you have no idea how HUNGRY I am to face you in the ring.

You have no idea how much I want to make that Roulette Championship my own. You have no idea on what I will be bringing to the table when I step inside the ring and face you at Climax Control in the main event for the championship that you hold around your waist. If I was you I would get my head out of my own ass. Keep my eyes off of football and what the latest score is and what have you.

Keep my eyes off of targeting other people on Twitter telling them their career in SCW lasted this long or lasted that long, and I would even keep my eyes off of Zuri. The only thing that you honestly need to be concerned with is the here and now, and focus on the blonde who is just itching to step in the ring with you.

When I look at you Vargas you want to know what I honestly see?! I see someone who has been in the same place ever since you got here. Sure it’s impressive that you have gone on to win the Roulette Championship a record tying three times, and some runs with the tag championships but you have never been in the limelight. You have never had what it took to branch out away from that stand toe to toe with Misty, Roxi, and all of those of that caliber.

And you want to know why? It’s because you are too complacent. You are the one who would rather be in the shadow of Delia watching her take all of the spotlight for herself instead of branching out and claiming some for yourself. Whereas with me you won’t get complacent. I am looking to gradually improve to slowly make my way up to the top, and I plan to fight, struggle, and do whatever it takes to get there.

My fight here in SCW has always been a tough one. You looking at a woman who made a debut against the likes of Electra Styles, and fought the toughest that this company has had to offer. You want to know why I am in this main event with you Mercedes? It’s not because I am some bush league opponent and you need to have an easy win under you to boost your ego. It’s because I deserved it.

Before I went on my short hiatus from this company I held my own against the Bombshell Champion at the time in Vixen. I can’t say that I beat her but I did wrestle my heart out to a draw. so I will take that as a moral victory. But this week when we travel into South Carolina. When we wrestle at Parris Island I plan to do the one thing you don’t expect me to do, and that’s beat you inside the ring.

I will humble you, and I will become the new SCW Roulette Champion. That’s not me being hopeful Vargas that’s me making a promise. Now before you treat me like a blank check eager to write me off like I don’t mean anything, just make sure you have the funds to back up the stuff that you spew out of your mouth. You never know when that check might bounce on you.

And bouncing back is exactly what I plan to do in my return to SCW.

So Mercedes you better watch out because with every ounce of strength that is running through my body, with every ounce of determination and fight that I have in me I am going to pry that Roulette Championship away from you. I am going to force you to leave it behind whether you wanted too or not. It’s my job to help you. After all isn’t that what nurses are for?

Let me help you. Why don’t you have a seat of the examination table, you are definitely in dire need for a checkup. Don’t worry when it’s all over I won’t hold a grudge. I will still give you a lollipop and a band aid. I am a nurse after all…

Besides it wouldn’t be the first time I defeated a Mean Girl before. Me and Electra did so, shouldn’t be any reason why I can’t pick up the pieces and do so by myself.
user posted image

user posted image