Author Topic: You're Not Ready  (Read 301 times)

Offline sean jackson

• View Profile
    • Sean Jackson
You're Not Ready
« on: December 10, 2014, 09:23:08 PM »
 December 8th

The scene opens inside of a local restraurant in San Jose, California.  Seated in a booth, tucked away in a far corner is Sean Jackson, wearing dark slacks and a button down dress shirt.  He's engulfed himself in the local San Jose Mercury News where the lead story is a shooting where one man was shot and several others arrested.

He shakes his head.

Jackson:  "Terrific, must have been a bunch of Drake Green fans.

He rolls his eyes.

Jackson:  "I come to San Jose, with the purpose of showing the local trash what class looks like, and they do some garbage like this."

As he talks aloud to himself, people inside of the establishment turn to face him.  However, they chalk him up as a local with no class himself and within moments, everyone goes back to their normal lives.

Jackson:  "I thought they had strict gun laws here?"

As he continues to read, his attorney and friend Marshall Owens sits down across from him.

Marshall:  "What are you reading?"

He folds the paper and tosses it down.

Jackson:  "Oh, nothing much.  Someone was cleaning the gene pool and got carried away.  Speaking of which, did you like how I bitch slapped Drake and Gabriel last night?"

Taking a deep breath, Marshall tries to answer in a politically correct manner.

Marshall:  "You took a helluva risk Sean.  That could have backfired on us."

Jackson:  "Give me a break Marshall, the only risk I ran was getting fined by management.  But since I was brought here by Mark Ward in the first place, I don't have to worry about that either."

Marshall attempts to hide his look of concern.

Marshall:  "You brought up Misty for crying out loud."

Jackson:  "So"

Marshall:  "He got Delia pregnant, and now Misty has been busting his..."

Jackson:  "Look Marshall, that's his problem.  He should learn to keep it in his pants if he doesn't want the hassle.  Besides, he punched me because he's not the goody two shoes he's made himself out to be."

Sean shifts his body to where his back was against the wall, his left leg on the seat.  From there, he had a picture perfect view of everyone and everything.

Jackson:  "But enough about Drake and Gabriel, they're old news now...."

He checks his watch.

Jackson:  "I just want to get some breakfast, so that I can get the hell out of here.  Not that Bakersfield is any better, but..."

He never gets to finish as the waitress walks up to take their order.  As she stands there, twirling a pen in her hair, Sean pictures her as a prime candidate to spread her legs for Drake Green.

waitress:  "What can I..."

Disgusted, Sean slides out of the booth, stopping the waitress dead in her tracks.  A move that takes Marshall by surprise.

Jackson:  "Nothing.  You can't get me a damn thing."

As he stands, his eyes shift up and down, sizing her up.  A move that embarrasses Marshall.

Jackson:  "Do I look like someone who would associate with the likes of you?"

He shakes his head and answers before she can even open her mouth.

Jackson:  "Of course not, so carry your scrawny ass back to whatever trailer you came from..."

Marshall:  "Sean"

Jackson:  "Screw this crack whore Marshall.  She is San Jose trash who thinks she can shake her ass, wink a few times and I'll drop my pants like Drake Green.  Well you can stay here and coddle the bitch if you want, but I'm heading to Bakersfield.  Screw this joint, and it's little Drake Green jock sniffer."

It takes everything she has NOT to slap the taste from his mouth.  Instead a tear trickles down her face as Sean walks away.  As Marshall stands, he can't help but notice how the words hurt her.

Marshall:  "Please forgive him, he's under a lot of stress.  I know that doesn't make it right but..."

waitress:  (fighting back the tears)  "Just go."

Taking a deep breath, Marshall too walks away.  As he steps out the door and onto the parking lot, he notices Sean leaning on their rental vehicle.  Approaching the passenger side, he can't help but to say what's on his mind.

Marshall:  "That was totally uncalled for.  She was doing her job and didn't deserve that."

Jackson:  "Bullshit, I know how trash like that operates.  She saw dollar signs and couldn't wait to Bill Cosby me.  One minute she's taking my order and the next, I'm Ray Rice and beating her ass in an elevator.  That's how these California whores operate, they see a celebrity and immediately want money .  They'll take your order one moment and the next, they're accusing you of Herman Cain'ing em.  No Marshall, that bitch got exactly what she deserved, pure and simple."

Marshall:  "Just unlock the car Sean."

Sean shrugs his shoulders as the doors unlock, giving Marshall the opportunity to get in.  Still disgusted by his client's behavior, he tries to get the girl's hurt look out of his mind.  He is even more disgusted as Sean answers his phone as if nothing has happened.

Jackson:  "Okay, lay it on me.  Who is the victim this week?"

As Marshall continues to sit there, it isn't long before Sean enters the vehicle and sits behind the steering wheel.  As he places the key in the ignition and turns it, he looks over smiles.

Jackson:  "Oh man, this is going to be good.  Vanessa found out who my opponent is in Bakersfield."

Worried, Marshall automatically assumes the worst.

Marshall:  "Let me guess, is it Drake or Gabriel?"

Jackson:  "Neither."

Marshall looks confused.

Marshall:  "Neither?  then, who is it?"

Jackson:  (still smiling)  "Equinox."

Marshall:  "Equinox?  is she sure?"

Jackson:  "What do you mean is she sure?  of course she's sure."

With the vehicle started, Sean slips it into reverse and immediately backs out of the parking space.  As they move backwards, Marshall can't help but express his concern.

Marshall:  "Sean, don't take this man lightly.  He was the Roulette champion for quite some time, and beat some quality competition.  Please tell me you're going to take him seriously?"

Jackson:  "Jesus Marshall, are you kidding me?  I'm the champion here, not him.  I've beaten his ass three times already and will do it again this Sunday.  Besides, when you leave Drake Green unconscious for three weeks in a row, facing a nobody like Equinox is just too easy."

Just before the vehicle pulls out onto the highway, Sean is careful to look both ways, making sure the coast is clear.  However, Marshall's mind is still stuck on Bakersfield and Equinox.

Marshall:  "Sean, we're talking apples and oranges here.  Drake's been distracted by Delia's pregnancy, and with Misty being all emotional in the background.  I think it's safe to say that his focus wasn't on you..."

You can hear the frustration in his voice.  It's his job to make sure that Sean doesn't take Equinox lightly.

Marshall:  "But this Equinox, he's going to be focused.  He wants to take you down in the worst way possible, so you need...

Jackson:  "God damnit Marshall, stop it already?  He's a freak that wears a mask, nothing more.  I've beaten him already, so forgive me if I'm not pissing myself at the very mention of his name.

Still frustrated, Marshall turns to look out the passenger side window.  He's under tremendous pressure to keep Sean focused and the mystery woman happy.

Marshall:  "Whatever."

December 9th
Bakersfield, California

Rubbing his forehead, Marshall paces back and forth across the room.

Marshall:  "Look, I'm doing everything in the world I know to do.  He openly mocks everyone, he's confrontational, and he literally overlooks everyone on the roster."

As he is speaking, the camera picks up a woman seated behind a desk.  Her back is to the camera, and her light brownish hair hangs off of both shoulders.  Because the camera is behind her, no one but Marshall can see her face.

woman:  "If I wanted excuses Marshall, I would talk to your bimbo secretary.  But if this is too big for you and you can't handle it, then just let me know and I'll find someone who can."

This stops Marshall dead in his tracks.  How dare this woman question anything that he's done over the past two years?

Marshall:  "Are you kidding me?  I've brought him more success in the last two years, than he's had in his entire career.  I've brought him to the top of the wrestling landscape and now YOU want to make this out to be my fault?"

woman:  "Let me ask you Marshall, who came up with the evil jezebeth idea?"

Marshall blinks twice, unable to say anything.  As the silence gets uneasy, he finally responds.

Marshall:  "You did."

woman:  "Exactly, and whose idea was it to end it?"

Marshall:  (defeated)  "Mine."

woman:  "When Sean won the ACW heavyweight title, did you do whatever it took to ensure he held on to it?"

Before Marshall has a chance to respond, the woman cuts him off.

woman:  "No, no you didn't.  You stood by and watched as he lost to Simon Jones, then he lost twice in a row to Drake Green.  I handed you the perfect story, as well as the stage to make him the very best in the world and you blew it.  Well Marshall, your ineptness has finally come to an end."

He can feel his body shaking, his lips quivering.  This is it he keeps telling himself, the words *you're fired* is already echoing in his mind.

woman:  "If Equinox beats Sean this Sunday..."

She stops herself, her voice had been coarse, almost callous.  But now it goes back to sweet and charming.

woman:  "What am I saying?  I know you would never let that happen.  You're a valued commodity to this business Marshall, and you will prove that this Sunday."

Her finger extends to a button where she activates an intercom.

woman:  "Terry, can you show Marshall his way out?"

As her finger retracts, the door opens and a man's voice can be heard.

man:  "This way Mr. Owens."

As Marshall exits the room, the woman kicks her legs up on the desk and leans the chair back.

woman:  "Because if you don't...."

Her voice trails off.

December 9th
somewhere in Bakersfield.

With the camera focused on a chair in an empty room, footsteps can be heard and a small shadow appears on the wall.  

"Equinox, why don't you just go away?"

As the shadow gets larger, a figure finally comes into view.  As the man sits in the chair, he is recognized as Sean Jackson.  Leaning forward in the chair, his hand automatically raises to his chin.

"Don't you realize you're fighting a losing battle?  That any chance you had was over the moment I stepped into SCW.  Why is it that you continue to throw faith into people that you don't know?  that idiot fans who don't know a wrist lock from a wrist watch can possibly will you to victory.  That if they scream their little hearts out loud enough, it will make you better than me."

He chuckles slightly.

"Oh how naive of you.  Face it Equinox, you couldn't beat me when I was down, so what makes you think that you can beat me now?"

There's no limit to his self confidence.  Especially now that he carries the heavyweight title.

"Wait, don't answer that.  I don't want you spending the rest of the day trying to convince yourself that you somehow possess 1/10th of the skills that Drake did, that you have in some way became better than you actually are."

"I can just see it now, with christmas rapidly approaching, little Equinox on bended knees, praying for a miracle."

Sean gets down on his knees and places his hands in front of him.  As he looks to the ceiling as if praying.

"Dear Santa, if you can see things my way.  I would really, really, REALLY love a victory over Sean Jackson.  I mean, I deserve it...don't I?"

A smile creeps across his face, trying to hold it in as he's blatantly mocking Equinox.

"He's beaten me everytime I've faced him, and needs to be brought down a peg or two.  It's like you've handed him everything on a silver platter.  His good looks, his athletic skills, Vanessa..."

As the smile gets bigger, Sean tries to pout his lips, mocking Equinox even harder.

"And you haven't given me anything.  I wear a mask to hide my horrible looks, I have no athletic abilities and the closest thing I have to a woman is a pic of Roseanne Barr."

In that instant, an angel appears on his right shoulder.

angel:  "Sean, why do you feel the need to make fun of people?"

"Leave me alone."

angel:  "There's no need to tear someone down in order to make you feel better about yourself."

"Oh, so NOW you want to give advice.  Where were you back in 2012 when *I* needed you?"

angel:  "Sean, we've alw..."

On his other shoulder, a devil appears.  After shooting the angel a look, the devil rolls his eyes and turns his attention to Sean.

devil:  "Oh please, give it a rest already.  Sheesh."

The devil leans against Sean's head, his extended arm resting just above Sean's ear.

devil:  "The world's in turmoil.  People are killing each other, stealing things from one another, and yet you want to make a grand appearance because Mr. Jackson is allegedly mocking someone.  Way to have your priorities in order."

"Both of you, shut up.  Can't you see that I'm in the middle of something?"

devil:  "See, you pissed him off."

angel:  "Me?"

As they both disappear, Sean turns his attention back to Equinox.

"Equinox, you can pray for a victory all you want, but real life trumps fantasy everytime."

He gets off of his knees and sits back down in the chair.  His eyes begin to narrow, the voice goes deeper.

"I didn't beat Drake twice in a row, just to drop a freebie to the likes of you.  So when you step into the ring this Sunday, understand that Santa won't be there and the only present you'll receive is a high knee to the back of your skull...."

As the lights go out and the room goes black.

"You're still not ready.

Fade.
></iframe>

Direct Link: <a href='http://youtu.be/CtqUdVxYXKQ' target='_blank'>http://youtu.be/CtqUdVxYXKQ[/url]  </div>