Author Topic: “Legend in the Making.”  (Read 638 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Legend in the Making.”
« on: June 04, 2021, 04:12:54 PM »
Caleb’s attempt at winning the title at Into the Void X didn’t pan out as Miles Kasey was submitted by Alex Jones to retain the title in a submission match, however with Climax Control 301 just one week away Caleb had an opportunity to bounce back from the loss in a big way as he was facing the legend that was Goth! Goth returned to host Climax Control 300 just a few weeks ago and announced that he was returning to the ring kicking things off with an open challenge which was answered by Caleb and Mac Bane, however the new Internet Champion was facing his first defence against Miles this week which left Caleb to be Goth’s first opponent, can Caleb win?

Backstage at Into the Void X, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 23rd of May 2021. 18:00pm

I knew I was fighting an uphill battle heading into this match.

And that was before the wheel landed on Submission Match! As a High Flyer I was already at a disadvantage heading into the Triple Threat Match against Miles and Alex but throw in the Submission Stipulation and it was like I was pushing a giant boulder up the hill.

At least I didn’t get submitted, that distinct honour went to Miles.

“It’s often been said that the Roulette Wheel is a cruel mistress.” Katie commented as she did her hair in front of a mirror and I watched from nearby. “But it seemed especially cruel to you tonight.”

“Yeah well, I tried to stay positive since Royal Purple won her division’s Roulette Title in a Submission Match against a Wolfslair member.” I admitted with a shrug as Katie tied her hair into a ponytail. “Though I didn’t throw any Kool-Aid into Alex’s or Miles’s eyes.”

“Not sure if that would’ve helped your chances or not.” Katie shrugged her shoulders as she turned to me. “But at least Royal Purple’s reign is over, and Krystal can start hers.”

“As much as I like Krystal, she’ll still have to overcome the first obstacle of every new champion.” I pointed out with a frown not realizing that my favourite Aussie Gamer/Wrestler was walking up to us. “Just look at how many wrestlers have tripped up at that hurdle, me included!”

“Trust me Caleb, I’ve noticed.” Krystal commented and we turned to her spotting her newly won title around her waist. “Commiserations on the match by the way, you got dealt a rough hand there.”

“Don’t I know it, part of me wishes the stips had been switched around.” I admitted and Krystal nodded in agreement. “I would’ve taken “Removing the Title from a Briefcase” over a Submission Match any day of the week.”

“Yeah, and I think I still would’ve won the title.” Krystal nodded in agreement as she patted the title around her waist. “For one thing, I would’ve had the Long Rest to fall back on when the time came to end the match.”

“And that is a pain to get out of, especially if you do the Body Scissors variety.” Katie nodded with a grin as she turned to the Aussie. “Speaking from personal experience at the Go Gym off course.”

“Off course.” Krystal nodded before folding her arms. “You guys are coming to the after party, right? I’ll be buying everyone a drink at least once, I’m sure my wallet will recover after years of therapy.”

“Take it from a former champion, the pay days will more than make up for that.” I assured her and Krystal grinned in response. “As for your offer, we accept but Katie volunteered to be the designated driver.”

“Only in the event of you winning the title.” Katie countered before shaking her head. “Seriously though, congrats on winning the title Krystal, and good luck in your first defence whenever that is.”

“Cheers Katie, and hopefully my title reign will be longer than Violet’s from last year’s Into the Void.” Krystal nodded in agreement before she walked off.

Krystal’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 30th of May 2021, 21:00pm

These post Supercard weeks always seem to fly by!

Even so, me and Katie are guest staring on Krystal’s stream tonight taking it in turns to play Mass Effect Legendary Edition through her PS5 as for hundreds of viewers watched on, it was Katie’s turn and I was using the time to check for any news about this week’s card.

“Choosing to have Kal’Reager fire on the Geth Armature as you charge at it?” Krystal commented with a raised eyebrow as Katie played through Tali’s recruitment mission in Mass Effect 2. “Heavy risk, but the prize.”

“Did I make a wrong choice?” Katie asked as she glanced over at Krystal who shook her head.

“Yes and no, if you don’t kill the boss in a fast enough time, Kal’Reager will die as well.” Krystal explained as Katie chose to bullrush the enemy. “Which will cost you a War Asset come Mass Effect 3.”

“Got it, well I’m not going to reload that section so I’m instead charging in and hoping for the best.” Katie responded with a nod before she did just that, thankfully Katie was able to kill the thing in time. “Okay, guess your doing Miranda’s loyalty mission Caleb.”

“You had to leave my least favourite character to me, didn’t you?” I protested before I saw the tweet I was looking for. “SCW’s posted this week’s card.”

“Queen for a Day, right?” Krystal asked and I nodded. “Oh great, has Alicia put me in a title defence against Johanna Krieger?”

“No actually, Johanna’s the only member of Wolfslair not booked.” I responded as I read through the card. “In fact, you’re not booked at all but there is a Bombshell Roulette Division Match between Maki, Candy and Char Kwan, no shot at your title is at stake though.”

“I’ll see if I can join commentary for it anyway, winner of that match could have title implications down the road.” Krystal commented with a shrug as Katie returned to the Normandy SR-2. “And I bet Andrea will have something to say about that.”

“Does a bear shit in the woods?” Katie chimed in and we, alongside the viewers, had a good chuckle at that. “Didn’t you accept Goth’s challenge Caleb?”

“Yeah, but so did Mac, the bosses might put him against Goth instead.” I responded before checking the rest of the card. “And nope, I’m Goth’s first opponent in four years.”

“Let me guess, Mac has his first defence?” Krystal asked and I nodded before showing her the card. “Against Miles Kasey, what a shock.”

“I’m not sure if that was Alicia’s idea actually, seems she only got to book three matches.” I commented with a shrug as I read the card. “Seems to defeat the purpose of the Queen/King for a Day Matches but that’s just me.”

“Which matches had Alicia’s input?” Krystal asked and I showed her the card. “Barnharts vs Austin/Tempest for the Mixed Tag Titles, Mac vs Miles for the Internet Championship and Alicia herself vs Amber for the World Bombshell Title, what a shock.”

“Guess I was wrong about Mac’s match, but this seems to be even more transparent than the stunt Christina Rose pulled last year.” I commented with a nod before Katie travelled to Illium for the first time. “So, my time to shine.”

“You’ve got it.” Krystal nodded before Katie passed me the controller and I went through the first cutscene.

Caleb’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday the 6th of June 2021, 11:00am

*promo time*

This is going to be an interesting show.

“Several weeks ago, Goth returned to SCW to host Climax Control 300 and in the process, announced that he was returning to the ring! And when I saw that he was putting out an open challenge for his first match back at Climax Control 301 I felt that I had to jump at the opportunity pending the result of the Roulette Title Match at Into the Void X, well, the fact that this isn’t a title/non-title match should clue you into the fact that I didn’t win the title at Into the Void X!”

But there is a silver lining!

“But in the process, I achieved something that not many people did in the last Supercard Cycle, I ended it with more wins than losses including over one former Roulette Champion and the current Mixed Tag Champion! Now Goth, you are a former Roulette Champion yourself and you know what it’s like to hold that belt but here’s the thing Goth, if you had never retired then you would’ve been wrestling for over twenty years, in other words, your older than me and that means your slower than me!”

Good luck keeping up.

“That might mean that you have more experience than me, but I predict that you’ll have a hard time keeping up with me in the ring and if that means taking one step closer to the bosses taking me seriously as a competitor, then all the better I say! There’s no doubt that you are a legend Goth, I’ve watched your tapes from the GWA. AWA and off course, the SCW days but legends have to hang up the boots at some point and for all you know, you’re facing off against a legend in the making!”

I can already hear people laughing at that.

“You laugh at me and I’ll show you footage of J2H’s early days in SCW! People laughed at him back then you know! Besides despite my less then stellar win/loss record I do have a impressive list of accolades! One time Roulette Champion, two time Internet Champion and One Time Mixed Tag Team Champion isn’t something to be sneezed at so you’d be a fool to underestimate me! Ignoring how my first Internet Title Reign started because we’re just beating a dead horse at this point!”

This will be good.

“But in all seriousness, Goth as a wrestler is someone I respect, a guy who has done it all in so many companies over the years deserves my respect but once that bell rings all that respect will go out the window and I will completely focus on my goals in this match, namely winning this match and bouncing back from my loss in the Roulette Title Match at Into the Void X just a couple of weeks ago and I can’t think of a better way to do that than to beat a legend in his return match!”

It’s that simple.

“For too long people have regarded me as a joke and this year is dedicated to proving those people wrong! It started with me winning the Internet Title and whilst I don’t know where this year will take me, well this mending period will continue when I beat the legendary Goth in his return match here in SCW and Goth, it won’t be long until you regret issuing that open challenge for this week’s show either!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“No one in this house is denying that Goth is a legend, but I am a legend in the making and this Sunday I will solidify that status when I beat Goth in his return match in SCW! This year has already gone pretty well for me in the ring but beating a legend like Goth in his first match in four years will see my stock in SCW go through the roof and Goth, I respect you as a wrestler, but you had better brace yourself because there is a storm brewing, otherwise you’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms, a legend in the making!”

I went to take Lemmy for a walk as the scene fades.
user posted image