Author Topic: Dreams may come true?  (Read 297 times)

Offline Dani

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Danielle Weston
Dreams may come true?
« on: June 08, 2018, 07:05:33 PM »
 “Oh my god”

Her sweet voice shouted out in excitement as she was told the news over the phone. The smile on her face was glowing almost from ear to ear as she continued to hold her IPhone against her face as the person on the other side of the call continued to speak.

“Are you kidding me?”

It was as if she didn’t believe the good news that she was receiving, I mean how often are people blessed with good news over the phone. As she continue to stand there practically speechless, she listened intently as the person continued to give her detailed instructions on what happens next. It was all too exciting for the young Floridian as she started to bounce up and down on the spot.

“This is amazing. Thank you so much.”

As the phone call wrapped up she found herself staring at the screen of her phone, before she tucked it into her chest hugging it. It was a strange thing to do, but in her mind, she felt as if she was giving the SCW bosses a big hug through the phone. After all, they had just granted her a contract and just informed her of her first ever Sin City Wrestling match. She was going to face London Underground for the Mixed Tag Team Championships, PLUS she got to debut in Disney World. A place that not so long ago was her stomping grounds.

Sure, she grew up in Daytona Beach, but that was only a few hours drive away from the star-studded attraction, that she was going to find herself debuting at in just a couple of days’ time. To say that she was excited would have been a dramatic understatement. Her day couldn’t get any better and it was only 10am. As Dani’s mind raced at a million miles per second, she was quickly snapped out of her perfect day dream, of winning her debut match and capturing the Mixed Tag Team Championships on her first night. Wouldn’t that really be something? However, the dream was short lived as she heard the front door of her apartment close, loudly stealing her away from the picture-perfect debut that everyone craves for.

Dani’s attention shifted towards the front door of her small home, to see her rough around the edges boyfriend Eli. She couldn’t wait to share her great news, so without thinking Dani rushed up towards him wrapping her arms around his neck, knocking him back into the door from the speed she was carrying. Eli didn’t seem amused as Dani’s actioned, cause him to drop his guitar that he was carrying dropping it to the floor with a thud. As Eli looked down at It, gritting his teeth, Dani was oblivious to what had just happened.

“You’re never going to believe what happened to me, just right now?”

Dani’s big beautiful brown eyes looked into his as she waited for Eli to say something, but words escaped him at this moment as he just stayed silent.

“Okay, so like, I was just offered a job with Sin City Wrestling and I have my debut match in Disney World, back home in Florida… and… AND… it’s for the mixed tag team championships. I am the luckiest girl in the world, right now.”

If only the excitement on her face was mirrored back with his, as of right now he just couldn’t crack a smile. Dani unwrapped her arms from around his neck, placing them back down to her side before she questioned him.

“Aren’t you excited for me?”

She was begging for some sort of reaction, but all Eli could do was shrug his shoulders and fake a smile.

“Sure.”

Dani knew he was a man of few words, but she thought he would give her a little bit more than just “sure” this was their dream, this is why they moved to Vegas. Eli was going to become a musician and Dani was going to become a wrestler and so far, one of them was coming out on top.

“Please tell me you’ll come with me? I want you to be there for my first match?”

She was pleading with him, deep down praying for a miracle.

“I can’t Dani.”

Her eyebrows came together, as she looked up at him confused.

“Why not?”

That’s when she watched Eli pick up his guitar from the floor and make his way towards the bedroom that they shared. He didn’t even give her an answer at first as he just made moves to make an exit. Dani followed him closely, hoping that he would give her something, anything to go off of.

“I’ll buy your ticket, you won’t have to worry about a single thing.”

It was as if Dani couldn’t see the bright red flashing button that she had just pressed that managed to set something off inside the mind of Eli. He didn’t snap at her, he just continued to walk towards their room before her muttered back to her with his response.

“I’m busy.”

Dani stopped dread in her tracks as she watched him disappear into their room. He was too busy to come to her first wrestling show? Too busy? What kind of response was that? She expected excitement, she thought this was something he supported her with and yet Eli couldn’t give two damns about Dani and her career. She let out a sigh, before she flopped herself down into their dusty old leather couch, before she stared blankly at the screen of her phone. This wasn’t what she expected, not at all. The Sin City Wrestling newcomer took a few moments to let it all sink in, before she forced a smile upon her face. Dani couldn’t let this keep her down, after all she had the biggest match of her career to train for and a plane to catch later tonight, to join the rest of her Sin City Wrestling family. She didn’t have time to dwell, even if her little heart was breaking.

--

“I can’t believe I’m here, I mean I’ve been here before, but I can’t believe I’m really here.”

Dani was standing inside Disney World, the castle behind her as she stood beside Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. She had her right arm linked with his as he guided her around the park, being the most gentlemanly he could be.

“Just days away from my Sin City Wrestling debut, just days out from my first in ring appearance, just days away from maybe, just maybe becoming one half of the NEW Mixed Tag team champions. I mean a little girl can dream right and what a place to be dreaming in.”

She was smiling from ear to ear as Gaston, continued to walk her around the fountain, being the most dashing man in the whole park right now. However, in true Gaston style as he was giving Dani his attention, his eyes couldn’t help but wander when a group of girls walked on past.  

“I mean, Disney World, am I right? This is what dreams are made of.”

Dani ignored Gaston checking out the other females as she was too focused on herself right now.

“I have the perfect backdrop, the perfect opportunity and the perfect debut just waiting for me to grab it with both hands and seize the day.”

She gave his arm a little squeeze from excitement as he continued to walk her along one of the many paths around Disney World. After all she had paid him to be her chaperone for the day.  

“Imagine that, imagine winning your debut match and walking away with the gold. That like NEVER happens. I could be just days away from breaking ground and making history. That right there is enough to scare the sillies out of me.”

Gaston didn’t say anything he just rolled his eyes but continued on his tour.

“Yet, I know that I have to keep my head in the game because facing London Underground, won’t be easy. I mean have you seen them? They could literally be the most dominate faction in Sin City Wrestling history and what’s scarier is that they work like a family, always protecting one another… their unstoppable.”

Dani looked up at Gaston as if wanting his opinion, but he just shrugged his giant shoulders, before nodding in agreement. He had no idea what she was talking about.

“I just know I have to go out there, Gaston and I have to show the world that I have what it takes. I have to prove to everyone that Gabriel and Odette put their faith in the right girl. It’s just going to be super hard. I mean, the shadows the ones before me have created a very dark. I mean how do I live up to Evie Baang? For crying out loud?”

Dani just sighed, but Gaston lifted her spirits by giving her arm a little squeeze for positivity.

“Sorry, I went a little off topic. I’m just all over the place right now.”

Gaston nodded in agreement as he looked down at her, feeling a little sorry for her.

“Hopefully with a little Disney luck on my side, Casey Williams and I might be able to do the unthinkable this weekend and that’s topple the giants known as London Underground.”

Gaston doubted that but hey, he gave her a quick thumb up to help put a fire in her belly. As the two continued to walk by the number of gardens, he felt her body stiffen as she stopped dead in her tracks.

“I just hope that once this is all said and done, win or lose… that we all still go to dinner after the show, as continue to grow our little friendships. Do you think we can still be friends?”

She was looking up at his Disney character looking for answers, and all he could do was just smile at her. He didn’t know what to say or do, he wasn’t paid to help little girls go through mini mental break downs. However, he reached out and took Dani by her hand and spun her around, before he dipped her in one graceful movement.

“Who needs the Underground, when you can have all of this?”

Gaston held onto Dani with one hand, while she was in the dancing dip move, while he showed off his muscles with his free arm. He raised his eyebrows up and down at her as if to provoke her, before Dani started to giggle.

“You really know how to swoon the ladies.”

She rolled her eyes before Gaston returned her to her feet, before he broke character to speak to her.

“You’ll be okay Little Dani, I’ve got faith in you.”

The two exchanged a smile, before the returned on their merry way around the park, leaving the world to wonder. Does Dani have what it takes to become the next mega star to be trained in the Gabriel and Odette gym? She knew she had a tall task in front of her this Sunday Night, but she wasn’t going to give up hope, I mean that was literally the only thing she could hold on to in a moment like this.

After all, dreams do come true and well anything can happen.

<FONT COLOR=#FFD801>=)