Author Topic: “See? Was this so hard?”  (Read 298 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“See? Was this so hard?”
« on: August 31, 2018, 11:09:58 PM »
 After months of trying to get back on a title scene Caleb has done it, he has won his second title in SCW by dethroning Kain and Mercedes Vargas to win the Mixed Tag Team Titles alongside his Blast from the Past partner Sam Marlowe in spite of some less than flattering comments about the current Roulette Champion/Sam’s best friend Ben Jordan, now the duo face their first defense at the upcoming Violent Conduct PPV, their opponents? The former champs and the first ever Mixed Tag Team Champions London Underground.

But before that Caleb was in single’s action this week on Climax Control, his opponent? Ben Jordan! Yes, the man who has been ignoring the former Roulette Champion since he won the title from Jon Dough at Summer XXXTreme VI was finally being put in a match with Caleb but neither man’s title was on the line as it was merely a champion vs champion match, can Caleb prove his worth once and for all and beat Ben Jordan?

Local gym, Long Beach, California
Friday the 31st of August 2018, 11:00am

I came, I saw, I conquered, and I’m not done yet.

Last week me and Sam not only won the Mixed Tag Team Titles but I was the one who secured the pin on Kain with the Metal Storm pretty much dispelling any thoughts of me being dead weight for the team in the process, it didn’t take me long to find out who our first challengers will be as Kain and Mercedes Vargas are getting their rematch and London Underground are being thrown into the mix for reasons (pretty sure our win caused some last minute changes) but until then I have a match this week on Climax Control.

A match I’ve been asking for, for over two months!

That’s right, I’m finally getting my match with Ben Jordan, a champion vs. champion match that is non-title, but this isn’t about the Roulette Title anymore, it’s about proving myself.

Proving myself to my opponent.

“I don’t get it Caleb.” Katie commented as she watched me do pull-ups on the gym floor, I had been at the gym for the past two hours doing every exercise I could think of and I was far from done as I needed to be ready. “You had written off Ben as someone you were done with and yet the moment that a match between you two finally gets announced you go into full blown Rocky Mode, why the sudden change?”

“Because I need to prove myself!” I responded as I sat up and faced my wife. “Last week I proved that I wasn’t the dead weight Ben said I was when I won the title for the team and now I get to face the guy who’s been my biggest critic, nothing will shut him up like a win over him!”

“Yeah, I get that, what I don’t get is why are you so focused on a non-title match?” Katie asked as she sat down across from me. “If the Roulette Title was on the line I’d understand, your not even worried about the Special Guest Ref.”

“Because I’m not going to let him get in the way of my goals, either Ben or whoever the Special Guest Ref is.” I responded simply as I shook my head. “My goal in this match couldn’t be simpler, prove that I’m a much better wrestler than Ben gives me credit for, either by beating him cleanly or really, really making that British prick work for that win!”

“I know you can be stubborn Caleb, but this is ridiculous.” Katie responded as she shook her head and I frowned. “What if you injure yourself training and your forced to relinquish the titles and forfeit the match to Ben?”

“That won’t happen because I’m taking breaks in between training, like I am now.” I responded, and Katie frowned before nodding as she got my point. “Besides, even if I didn’t get booked against Ben I wouldn’t want my second reign to end that way anyway and once I beat him or make him work for the win either he finally respects me as a competitor or he continues to be stuck in his ways thus confirming my opinion that he’s an idiot.”

“I swear, if your going to keep that up you’ll be getting death threats from Ben’s fans!” Katie responded as she shook her head before checking the time. “Besides, I think it’s about time we broke for Lunch, if you want to do your promo go ahead, I’ll be downstairs.” Katie added before leaving the gym and I stood up before getting ready to do that promo.

“Two months ago, in a last ditch effort to get my rematch for the Roulette Title, I challenged Ben Jordan to a match that he was too much of a coward to accept, setting aside the fact that I was lambasted by a power hungry boss the week after for doing that I sat and waited on the sidelines even beating Jon Dough over at Honor Wrestling along the way until last week where I won the Mixed Tag Team Titles alongside Ben’s friend Sam Marlowe, and now this week I’m finally getting my match against Ben!”

Not what I originally had in mind but still!

“Everyone’s been saying that I’ve been like a toddler who’s thrown their toy out of the pram since I lost the Roulette Title at Into the Void, funny how everyone forgets that Ben’s #BenDeservesBetter movement was started by him throwing an even bigger temper tantrum because hell, at least I was being polite about it! But I guess since Ben’s a legend in SCW despite several years to finally win his first title he gets a free pass!”

Not from me!

“Ben, for me this is no longer about a title, this is about proving myself to my biggest critic, also known as you! And I intend to do that by winning or losing, by winning I’ll have proven that the bosses were wrong to keep us separate for this long and by losing, I’m not going to lay down and play dead whilst you pin me with your little finger, I’m going to make you earn that victory by giving you the biggest fight you’ve ever gotten out of a twenty one year old metalhead.”

Which probably isn’t saying much.

“Will I come for the title when I eventually lose the Mixed Tag Titles? Absolutely but until then I’ve got one thing on my mind and that’s silencing my doubters and moving up in the world, I’ve already gone a long way towards doing that since joining Honor Wrestling in December but my efforts here in SCW haven’t produced the same result, that changes now! I’ve already made great strides by winning the Mixed Tag Titles and beating you Ben will be the next step towards achieving that goal.

A step that I will happily take.

“Jessie’s said before that no one should be surprised by her actions because wrestling is a cut-throat business in general, I don’t think there’s a better example of that than the way I’ve been shafted since I lost the Roulette Title but at the end of the day I will be taken seriously as a competitor and the best way for me to do that is to defeat my biggest critic Ben Jordan, only after I do that will I focus more on defending the mixed tag titles but only until I lose them!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Ben, this is about proving myself, to the fans, to the bosses and to you, simple as that, in fact I never thought I’d say this but I’m glad that the Roulette Title isn’t on the line in this match because that would just be the icing on the cake for me rather than the main focus but in the meantime Ben you had better brace yourself because there’s a storm brewing, otherwise you’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms, your current Mixed Tag Champion and future Roulette Champion!”

I walked off as the scene fades.
user posted image