Author Topic: ALEXANDER RAVEN (c) v FENRIS - Internet title  (Read 3507 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
ALEXANDER RAVEN (c) v FENRIS - Internet title
« on: January 02, 2023, 06:21:03 AM »
Post your roleplays here by deadline. Good luck and have fun!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Alexander Raven

• View Profile
Re: ALEXANDER RAVEN (c) v FENRIS - Internet title
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 08:39:06 PM »

Resolution
Scene One | Off-Camera | 1st January 2023

Somehow, James was always the first to rise and the last to go to bed. His New Year’s hadn’t ended until the sun was already coming up. Yet there he was, 10AM, cooking eggs and bacon, the sizzle filling the air with the light hum of the rangehood doing its job. Luna had only just made it to Midnight this year, sloppily planted kisses on Alex and then proceeded to pass out at approximately a minute past midnight. Alex had attempted to keep pace with James but found himself retching and gurgling over a bucket a few hours into the new year and had resigned himself to bed in the wee hours of the morning. Ever since they’d been friends this was the way. Luna would pass out early, Alex would go sick trying to keep pace with James, and James would go until the sunlight made his sunglasses relevant again. For a few years, they’d been separate. Marriage, new friends, friendship breakdowns and fights. Everything had conspired to turn their little troupe against each other and yet here they were. Twenty Twenty-Three and back in each other’s good graces. Alex would have preferred Luna not push herself onto him, but he knew that she was very set on her end goal of having him back. Even if he wasn’t ever going to be the emotionally available partner she was seeking.

“You wan’ go wake her majesty, rockstar? She’s liable to bite my head off, daddio.”

Alex shook his head a little, and on cue, Luna grumbled loudly as she stumbled into the small living area of the apartment. Her head held loosely up by her right hand she plopped down onto the couch besides Alex and groaned loudly.

“Turn the fucking sun off, please.”

Even in her most disgruntled she’d taken the effort to pull her hair back into a tight bun. A few loose strands trailed down her face, creating a frame on either side. James being who he is proceeded to loudly bang the ban on the stove top, clatter every plate as he moved to lay three of them out and then clink a set of knife and fork and on everyone. Both Luna and Alex groaned in pain.

“You’re a fucking cunt.”

“Hey, you can’t call me that anymore, daddy. You ain’t no native of the land no more. You’ve lost your cunt privilege, rockstar.”

“You’re both cunts.”

Luna was not having it this morning. Alex laughed a little, James broke out into a raucous guffaw, laughing deep from the belly. As long as he was enjoying himself, it mattered little the pain that was being inflicted. James was always a fan of schadenfreude. Luna grabbed her pre-laid out bottle of water and paracetamol off the table and took two, groaning as she laid herself down into Alex’s lap. Almost 20 years on, and nothing had changed. They were still absolute delinquents with each other. His stone-cold heart had been warmed by having them return so actively into his life. Alex thought Loz would be happy for him. Happy to see him beginning to live life again. Beginning to be happy again. She’d probably have thrown Luna out the window and ensured she never came back. But there were sacrifices in everything.

“So, any fun little resolutions out of you two for this year?”

James began plating up the bacon and eggs, placing a couple of sausages alongside them. A decent breakfast to try mop up the amount of alcohol currently pulsing through their liver. James placed them on the counter, as Alex slowly began to stand. Luna continuing to groan as she once again had to support the weight of her own head.

“Wanted to talk to you about that rockstar. Been running the ropes with Lu, got some speed upon the gears again. Thinking I might make a go of it, you feel me? I ain’t never had my time in spotlight, but sometimes. Sometimes I wonder how far I could of gone, daddio. Sometimes I wonder, how Phenomenal would the Barracuda have been? I want to get into the ring again, rockstar.”

James was serious. His voice low, he’d even taken off the sunglasses. His eyes locked on Alex, and he realised what that meant. Not only did he want to get back in the ring, he wanted to get some solid training in. And if he wanted to get back into the ring, that could only mean one thing.

“You too, Lulu?”

“I wouldn’t phrase it that way, lover. I had my aspirations well before Baby New Year kicked the old bucket. Part of the reason I came back, besides trying to schmooze on you too, baby.”

He knew if they wanted back it was serious. Luna was flippant at the best of times, but she’d been as serious as a whip about this for the last few months. James being on the ball about it all too meant it was a given. The Conspiracy, all in one room, and potentially, all back in the ring. Six months ago, Alex would’ve told them to get lost and never put poisonous words like that in his mind again. Six months on, after battling with the likes of Austin James, Ken Davison, and even the back and forth with Fenris, having friends at his whim didn’t seem so bad.

“Don’t get me wrong, brother. We ain’t about to be your lapdogs. We ain’t broken anymore, daddy. Fractured sure, but we always been one piece loose of a full kit. We got your back, all day every day, rockstar. But this is for us. This is for me. Not your war on everything, got me?”

The tone was serious, but Alex knew there was no malcontent feeling behind it. Like himself, James had taken a few hits more than the average person. A shoulder reconstruction had put him out longer than he would’ve ever appreciated and by the time came that he was cleared to get back into the ring. The world had changed. Alex had left the ring, Luna was no longer doting on Alex, and they’d all shifted to the other side of the world. For James, this was about getting one more go at it. To prove he still had. He was young, and he’d been given a bad hand. Alex couldn’t tell him no.

“You gunning for me and mine? ‘Cause I gotta say. Once I put the pagan dog out to pasture, I’ve got no problem whipping you back and forth across that ring.”

Alex smiled widely as James roared with laughter again. The painkillers seemed to be doing their job as Luna seemed vaguely more alive and was no longer holding her head up with her hand. They dug into the food. The food was full of flavour and spice. He missed James’ cooking something fierce. Always full of love and life, his food captured that too. They chatted mindlessly whilst they ate, leaving the topic of getting into the ring again for now. Breakfast passed and the day began to grow. James was off to shower and getting ready to spend the first day of the year, as he spent most days. Finding someone to annoy and potentially putting and offer down on a bar. Alex however, decided it was time to grill Luna. See if she’d improved, see if she’d learnt anything from all the years of listening to him talk.

“Give me a cold open. Give me some thoughts. I’ve got Fenris as my first of the year. Tell me, what I should do. Tell me how I get into the mind of a man who thinks me nothing but a pretentious hack. How do I get under the skin of a man who has fists tempered like my own father’s?

Like a switch had been flicked, Luna leaped onto her feet. She pulled her hair free and threw it wildly around her face. She took a grimace to her face, clearly mocking him. He simply shook his head, as she giggled a little.

“Well Lexi. I know you, and I know how you work. Research and obsession take you to the depths of thought, lover. Fenris strikes me as a person who is always ready to leap to fire. Common response, from both him and… pretty much everyone you’ve wrestled? Common response is to deny you getting to them. So, play into it, baby.”

Alex nods a little putting a hand to his nose, pinching the bridge of it. Feigned deep thought.

“Just like that! Faked deep thought, mock the headache they give you. Oh, and maybe play into the raven thing. He seemed somewhat upset that you tried to ‘mansplain’ it to him. Seemed a bit of a stretch, but clearly burnt under the flesh of the manthing, Lexi.”

“And you, Luna. Never be me. You and James, you aren’t me. I fight my wars attempting to burn anger out of everyone. I’m not as gifted as James, and I’m not as slick as you. I have to work with my fists, and the only way to work with my fists, is to upset them. To bring them in and let them work their own anger against me. To use what I once lost myself to. But one thing, Luna. Never talk through them. Never talk around them. Talk to them. Make sure everyone feels uncomfortable for listening in to a conversation that is meant for you and your opponent. Nothing else matters. Nobody in the world matters more than the situation you find yourself in. Never talk through them. Never talk about them. Talk to them. And you’ll own everyone’s thoughts. Living rent free in the heads of every person that comes to detest what you stand for. Because The Conspiracy, is about showing the truth. It’s about teaching them that they are not above us. They are not special. That at the end of the day, we are the ultimate.”

Luna smiled, and wrapped her arms around Alex, pulling him in for a tight hug. His arms slipped around her in response, and they held. It was the first time he’d returned any of the affection. Returned any of the warmth. Her grip on him tightened and she clambered to sit on his lap, and just bury her face in the nook of his neck. His arms remained around her, hands linked in the small her back. Peaceful. Even now, the light scent of cigarettes, coffee and… her, filled his nose. And for the first time in years, he felt… content. Happy. At home.

“Get a fucking room.”

James smacked Alex in the back of the head, smiled at the two of them and put his sunglasses back on. The man could get dressed quicker than anyone Alex had ever met. He ruffled Alex’s hair a bit, and then left. Leaving the two of them to their moment.

Let Me Talk
Scene Two | On-Camera | 2nd January 2023

“A new year, full of possibilities. This time last year, I was preparing to face Bill Barnhart. Someone who, like myself, seems to be at the ass end of everyone’s opinions. A man who I’ve gone to war with time and time again. I spent the first 6 months of my career finding the Bulldog at the end of my path. And at the end of that path, I found myself conquering Finn Whelan for the Roulette Championship. At the end of that path, I found myself exposing the legendary Speedo, and in turn, exposing Bill Barnhart to the world. To solidify myself, I stood over and conquered the Bulldog once more. To prove that it was no mere fluke of fate that Alexander Raven had become the champion. That it was no mere fluke that Alexander Raven was the Roulette Champion. In less than a year, I had won, lost and won again, championship gold. In less than a year, I had fought for every major singles title in the men’s division, and I’d made my mark. In less than a year, I’d managed to piss off every damn mutt with a moniker linking them to a dog. In less than year, I had managed to prove that Alexander Raven was not the flash in the pan, the stain on the hotel sheet or another middling face on the roster. No, in a year, I proved not only could I hang with the champions of today, but I could also earn the respect of those above it. In the first six months, nobody would have believed Alexander Raven could beat Austin James Mercer in a steel cage. In the first six months, nobody would think Alexander Raven could wrestle to a draw with that ma. In the first six months, nobody would have thought Alexander Raven would have taken war to calling out all the big bad bogeymen of Sin City and demand that they pay attention to what I say. In the first six months of my career here, nobody would believe that 2023 would start with Alexander Raven demanding the big bad wolf, Fenris, be his first opponent. To risk my championship, of my own volition, against Fenris. In my first six months, nobody would have believed it. But now…”

“Now there is no choice but belief. The blustering and the noise, the pretentious claims and arrogance. It becomes harder to treat as nonsense when the truth of what I say becomes more and more prevalent. It becomes harder to deny The One True King’s claims of change. Of a fixing of the broken. Of the shattering of the stained glass lies that soar above us. The truth is this. The truth is whatever the fuck I want it to be, because the truth is what I need it to be, for me to be correct. I do not distort or manipulate the truth; I don’t manipulate reality. What I do is make the truth of the world obvious for those who have their eyes shielded from it. Freedom to hunt is my one goal in life, and right now. Right now, I’m hunting the biggest dog of them all. Right now, I’m hunting Fenris. Twenty Twenty-Three began with my friends. Twenty Twenty-Three began with everything I had been trying to ignore being present in my face. That yes, I understand the power in friendship. I understand the strength in numbers. But there is also a truth that I am showing. That no matter the friendship, no matter the words. No matter how much you defend or back someone up, the truth becomes impossible to ignore. The truth is what it is, and you know this Fenris. That every time you opened your fucking mouth about me, you were pushing that shovel into the ground one more time. That every time you stuck your fucking nose into my business, you were making it harder for me to just let you be. I want this match for one reason Fenris. To make you shut your fucking mouth, close your blind eyes, and walk away. Walk away knowing this fundamental truth. You think I’m second best? Second best to who, bitch? Not you. You don’t want to know my history, yet you think yours matters at all? Not on my watch mutt.”

A man is sitting on a simple wooden dining chair. His hands are tied behind his back and hooked over the back of the chair. His eyes cast downwards; eyes hidden behind deep shadows. His hair is wet, clumped together. Big strands across and stuck to his face. Bare feet and maroon skinny jeans, rips at the knees and along the thighs. He shakes his head back and forth but can’t exert much more energy. Another person walks forward, placing their hands on the shoulders of the man in the chair. Their face hidden by shadows; hands heavily tattooed. A flash of white as the person smiles, gripping the man’s shoulders ever more tightly.

“The mind, Fenris. The mind is a funny thing. It can paint and change the world as we see it. It can change the reality of how we see everything, even ourselves. It makes our choices, our actions, our decisions… justified. Justification is the only way that one can continue to make poor decisions and feel that owe no repercussion. Justification, like the acceptance of friends. The egging on of other like-minded juveniles. Peer pressure, if you will. I am often accused of always needing the last word, but it is by the one who seeks to tell me so. The one who actively hunts to achieve the finality in any situation. When the truth of their choices is brought to bare before them and the justification slips away. Without it they fear that they are the villain the are being painted as. You are the villain I paint you as, Fenris. You are a man-child who fights the battles of lesser because you need to feel like you are superior. No faith left in those who you call your friends, you justify it through them. You convince your own friends that they are incapable of fighting their own wars and in turn you will fight it for them. Rather than just let sleeping dogs lie, you must interject. You want to be the best, but you feel the need to prove it to every person that may question it. Dogged actions over and over. Dogged behaviour leads you to an ultimate end, but it is not the end you seek. It is the pathway there to keep yourself feeling valid in your choices and behaviours. The truth is, Fenris. The more you look at me, the more it boils your blood. I do not prescribe to the attitudes of your ilk. I spent the last few months of the year proving what I’m saying is true. That the incestuous depths of this Sin City are going to be pulled apart at the seams. And when I’m done pulling every inch of it apart, there will be nothing but a crater of what was once this mockery. The blue sky will flitter above us, and through it. Through the clean, truthful sky will fly my Conspiracy. The Conspiracy of the Sin City. The Kingdom of Alexander Raven will fly its flag of freedom and truth and at its depth the bones of every mangy mutt, bird and creature that dared continue the fallacy that permeates every inch of this decaying place.”

“But I know. I know, I know. Everyone is sick of hearing me talk. Everyone is sick of the bluster, the pretentious attitude and the arrogance. They are sick of hearing Alexander Raven bluster and blather, when he can’t back it up. Oh, but he lost to O’Malley. Oh, but he lost to Miles. Oh, but he lost, he lost, he lost. Every person falls, and every person rises. The truth I paint is not one of supremacy. The one I paint is one of reality. That no person is special for just thinking they are special. No man is better because they are big and scary. No person is special because they think they are. No person is special, and no one is owed anything more than what they fucking earn. And I’m going to show the world your truth, Fenris. That beyond the bluster, beyond the words behind the keyboard. Beyond everything you use to paint yourself as a scary bastard with a mean streak and weaponised fists. Beyond all of that is the truth I have been telling everyone all along. You’re nothing but an insecure little bitch, who lives in their own hypocrisy. Ignorant to the pasts of others but thinking your own matters. Refusing to listen to others but demanding that they listen to your juvenile mocking behaviour. For once, just once. I don’t want the bullshit. I don’t want to have to listen to the blathering of Miles, the she-bitch, Finn, some nobody fuckwit called Dickie. Even the over-confident plucky prick Lachlan wanted to get a word in. I don’t want to have to listen to every single fucking person talk about Alexander Raven. I don’t want to have to pick through the nonsensical, and irrelevant bullshit. I want the truth; I want the reality. I want the best. You demand that you only face the best. That you don’t care for second  best. Well, Fenris. If I’m second best, then you had best be THE BEST. If you aren’t, if you’ve been lying to me. If you’ve been lying to everyone the truth comes out. The false prophecy of the Broken Messiah becomes the truth. That Fenris isn’t the bogeyman of danger. That Fenris isn’t the danger that he wants everyone to think he is. Because if you lose to me. If you lose to Alexander Raven, what does that make you? Second best? Second best to fucking who?”

The person in the chair looks up. Alexander Raven, his eyes lost and distant. As he lifts his head and looks around, his shoulders tensing under the grip of the hidden figure. The flap of bird wings fill the air. The croak and screech of Ravens. Another person steps in from the left, and then one from the right. The place their hands under the armpits of Alex and lift him up and off the chair, holding him in the air. The figure behind moves their hands off his shoulders and wraps them around Alex’s legs. Twisting him, the place Alex over the shoulder of the man holding his legs. The two other persons disappearing into the darkness once more. A raven flies narrowly past the man holding Alex, then another. Then more and more, until there is a constant streaking line of black birds. They begin to chase each other, flying in circles around the figure.

“But let’s take a moment. Let us take a moment to calm ourselves. Let us take a moment to think. I need you to understand something Fenris. Even if the way you behave infuriates me. Even if the way you hold yourself and talk about others pisses me off. Even though you make me feel sick in my stomach, I need you to understand this. It’s not just because of who you are. It’s not just because of you. In fact, you are almost irrelevant to the real cause. The real cause, Fenris, is that nobody has pulled you up on your bullshit before. You’ve been allowed to run rampant across this Sin City. You’ve been allowed to behave in this way and act as if you are at all the mythos, you’ve built yourself to be. Like the Pagan gods that people seem so obsessed with in the modern day, disregard for those around you is emulative of them. It’s easy to hide behind ideas of a cooler history, a more impressive one. It’s easy to hide behind the ideas of greater powers and then mock others for making comment on it. It’s easy to pretend that you are holier than thou, when the holiest thing you could do is ignore the moralistic behaviours of human society. It’s easy to pretend to be who you are Fenris when nobody has the balls to call you out on the lies you live in every aspect of your life. I enjoy the stories; I enjoy the mythos. I enjoy history because history teaches us many things and in those many things it has also taught us this. Those who live in a doomed past will fall as the same. That those who refuse to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. I mock with monikers, with my names, with my titles. I mock because I feel no need to hide in ideas of the old. I have no need to hide in the ideas of gods and greater powers. There is no greater power, there is nothing unique or special. Some would call it nihilistic, but I resent that. There is nothing nihilistic about believing in one’s own ability to make the right choices. To make the correct understands. To guide one’s own morals with the shepherd of human decency and not the warped ones of a manipulated system. Tell me, Fenris. Did you become obsessed with stories before you became a liar? Or did it suit the rhetoric of lies to become a fan of the stories? Did it accentuate the image you try and paint of yourself as a foreign warrior come to take, plunder and pillage. To be the best warrior you can. Perhaps you are seeking that final battle in which you can be taken to the lands of eternal drink and revelry. Where the alcohol flows unabated, and battles are waged every night to keep fresh.”

“And I know what you’ll say. You’ll tell me I have no idea. That I’m attempting to ‘mansplain’ something to someone who already knows everything there is to know. Because learning is sin. Because teaching is wrong. Because anyone who would mock cannot be taught the truth, can they? It’s easier to belittle, to berate, to tear down. I don’t believe in breaking people down. I don’t believe it berating them. I don’t believe in breaking them. What I do believe in, is showing the broken the truth. In guiding those who need the guidance to a better place. To help those who are lost, broken and defeated. Those who need guidance but are defeated by the world that teaches them that to be taught is sinful. That to learn they must do so themselves. It’s easier to tell people they are wrong, then it is to guide them to the correct answer, isn’t it Fenris? Believe it or not, I don’t like the way that you behave. Is that clear at this point? I don’t like any of your god damn mongrels, because allegiances or otherwise, you behave the same way. Pack animals who are only each other’s comrade when it suits you. False beasts because a true one wouldn’t abandon or attack its own kin for the point of proving yourself superior. And oh, how we laughed, didn’t we? The Alpha theory, we mock the one who doesn’t believe in it because it’s fundamentally flawed. No, it’s easier to insult people as a ‘beta’ that isn’t to their level of ‘alpha’. Because superiority guides us all doesn’t it, Fenris? It’s nice to feel like you are the leader and the head of the pack. And yes, I understand the hypocrisy of the one who speaks as the One True King talking about others pretending to be superior. Yet anyone who has ever fucking listened would understand. That I do not take mantles to sit above people. I take a mantle to show people where the base line exists. That any person who wishes to see the truth and act upon it. That any person that throws aside the false behaviours of a forgotten world and throws the stones to shatter the stained glass lies, is capable. That every person in The Conspiracy is not just another mindless member. But all equal in the family. That every member of The Conspiracy is a King above all others that refuse to accept the one truth. Speciality does not exist. It’s a lie purported to make us believe that they are something more than we are. And you, Fenris. You are the biggest victim of this ideology. This belief that anyone is better, that anyone is special. You’re just another kid who thought Mjolnir was cool and decided to craft an identity to reflect your teenage angst.”

“Am I wrong?”

The whirlwind of birds dissipates. A four walled room replacing it. Brightly lit, the walls reflecting a never-ending space. The person carrying Alexander Raven fading with the birds, leaving the bound Alexander Raven in the middle of the floor. He rocks up, getting onto his knees. His face towards the ground. The ceiling and floor mirrored too. A never-ending world of the same repeated room, and only Alexander Raven occupying it.

“Yes. Maybe I am. Maybe the trappings of my mind continue to compound upon the thoughts that I concoct in my own mind and validate my opinions. Because the one thing that people feel the constant need to remind me of, is that I talk shit. That I talk too much. That I create these fantasies, these lies. The reality I paint in my own head is but a distortion of the truth of what really exists beyond the world outside of my view. I know what people will say. I know that once everyone hears what Alexander Raven has to say, they will quietly post a remark about Alexander Raven. They’ll quietly post a comment about me being pretentious, or a prick, or being pompous. They’ll post something because they have to. Because nobody can escape their own narcissistic vain views of themselves. Everyone thinks they are the most interesting person in the world, and that their words will make a difference. But you know like I do, Fenris. That at the end of the day every single word is for naught. My opinion of you changes nothing and your opinion of me controls the mindless mob who throw themselves behind you. In your words you alter the view of anyone who decides that Fenris is the one who speaks the truth, and push them against any who would go against that rhetoric. The most sickening part of it all however is the blinders that every fucking one of you wears in pretending that it’s not true. That you are all independent thinking, self-sufficient and mainting persons. That each of you doesn’t need the other, and that it’s a simple fact that I am so detestable that you all seem to repeat the exact same bullshit as each other.”

“Yet I know. I know because I am not blind to the absolutely pretentious arrogance of it all. I called out all of you mongrels and the only one that truly had the balls to do anything was Austin James Mercer. And you all smiled, and rubbed your palms together. Because King James was going to hurt me, was going to end me. You were all happy to throw your lot behind him because it becomes so much easier for someone else to do the dirty work that you do not want to do. So when it went to a draw I’m sure there was a moment of panic. Not only had Alexander Raven dethroned the plucky little runt in Lachlan Kane, but he’d managed to weather the storm. You kept your eyes on it all though. Money on Mercer. Attack the old man, and put your money on Mercer, because there is no way Alexander Raven goes the distance with King James in a Steel fucking Cage, is there, Fenris? No; two birds with one stone. Alexander Raven loses his mind and his life. In a chamber of steel, Alexander Raven has no chance. But it didn’t work out that way. The only person with the balls to actually step to the plate was also the only person who acknowledged what I have said for over a year now. I am not just words, I am not a liar. I can take a beating, I can take a thrashing. I will take blow after blow. I will bleed, my flesh will tear and bruise and I will even take broken bones. There is nothing that any single person can do to Alexander Raven that will slow me down. That will stop me from reaching my ultimate goal. But this right here Fenris. This all boils down to one thing. You are a snivelling little bitch. You hide behind your keyboard, purport lies against me. You charge into any interaction regardless of your relevance in it and attempt to put me down. So when I call you out, I expect a fucking response. Not this pathetic reaction of “I only want the best”. You’ve got the best staring you in the face.”

Alex slowly pushes himself up on to his feet, and turns his head upwards, staring at the roof. Countless Alexand Raven’s standing facing upwards, hands bound behind his back. Anger lacing his features, a vein beginning to visibly pulse on his neck. He closes his eyes as he begins to struggle against the bindings on his wrists. The rope digging into the flesh refusing to come loose.

“No more restraint. No more holding back. I have my eyes set on you Fenris, and for one very good reason. Once I put you down, the lies stop. No more can people pretend that they know Alexander Raven. No more can people run around and pretend that anything beyond the truth is right. You will acknowledge that Alexander Raven, is no liar. No False King. No imaginary prophet or messiah. No, you will acknowledge that Alexander Raven is everything he says. That at the end of the day, if I’m second best then that means you’re nothing but a bottom bitch. You don’t want to acknowledge my past, but demand that I acknowledge yours? Fuck you. I am not afraid of you Fenris. I’ve been beaten by fists as educated as yours. I’ve bled for better men, and I’ve been broken by far less. The one constant remains. That I do my best to be as restrained as I can for as long as I can. But when you insult me, when you stick your nose in my business and then you walk away and pretend I’m beneath you? The gloves are off Fenris. I’m going to start the year by making you understand something crucially important. That being blinded was the lightest you’ll get off. I went to war with Mercer and walked out the victor. I put Lachlan in so much pain the runt doesn’t even remember losing. I beat the colourblind moron in Finn Whelan, twice. But like the petulant child he is, and all those that spend time around you. He pretends that it’s a matter of effort. He didn’t try, he didn’t care, imagine if I tried. Imagine if anyone gave a flying fuck.”

“Do you understand Fenris? Can you for once, open your mind and listen. Listen to what is being said and instead of falling into this idea of superiority and holier than thou self righteousness. Make no excuses, and just face the music. Face up to what you instigated because you decided that you had any right to put your nose in my business. None of you had the right to put your nose in my business. None of you had the right to say anything, but you did. So now I have an issue with everyone. Because every single person follows like the sheep that they are. Nobody wishes to spread their wings. Sheep pretending to be wolves and every single one of you kisses each other’s asses to make yourselves feel valid. I don’t care for it. I don’t care for the lies. I don’t care for the excuses and the reasons. I care for none of it. For me there is one ultimate truth. There is one reality, and there is on thing to understand. If you stick your nose into my business, you will be called out. You will be made to confront me, and I will dog you until I am adequately pleased with the outcome. Obsession, focus, arrogance. Whatever you want to call it, the end result is the same. I will follow you until you stand and face me. Because I believe in solving things. I believe of being free of my binds.”

Light gone. Sudden darkness.

Then the click of lights, and the sound of flickering flames. Alexander Raven now stands, hands free and gripping a marble sculpture of a wolf head. Just south of him emblazoned in flames are the twin Ravens. The symbol of Huginn and Muninn. He slowly leans down and places the head of the wolf into heads of the ravens, into the flames.

“Duality. Thought and memory. Death and transformation. People often accuse me of waning poetic. Of being an angsty teen trapped in a adult’s body. Obsessed with birds, and being edgy as a result. The truth, however; as it has always been. A namesake. Be it one my father’s ancestors took mockingly, or be it one of signficance, I do not know. But the truth is that I am Duality. Anger and flames, but peace and truth. Thoughts of forgiveness but memories of anger. Death and Life come together, I walk that line. I intend to walk that line Fenris, and I do not know which side I will end up on. But I want you to know. I want you to remember.”

“I do not fear you. If my arm must break, then it will break. If my spine must bend, then it will bend. If my knees will give, then I will give them. But I will not be afraid. I will not let any story alter my view. I will not walk away. One mind, one path. I picked you, because you would not pick me. And that infuriates me beyond anything else. You may not be of the same ilk, but that ilk associates with you. I respect most people I step into the ring with. I leave with more. There is no respect here Fenris, because you stopped showing me any. Blinded you are still, even if you pretend otherwise. Though your physical sight returns, your mental sight is dimmed. For any man who behaves the way you have, should have seen the retribution coming. I intend to do what I need. Win, lose or draw, it matters not. The end result will be the same. I will take your throat, run it dry and put your head on a fucking spike for all others to see. That when you mess with Alexander Raven, there is but one final outcome.”

Ruination.”

Alex smiles as he holds his hands up. Thousands of repeated reflections, a world of flame and laughter. His eyes fixated upon the flames, upon the marble sculpture that is cracking under the heat of the flames. A red liquid seeping from inside.

“A funeral for the White Wolf.”

The smile creeps across his face. Hands outstretched, before thrusting them downwards to his sides. The flames extinguishing, darkness taking everything. The flutter of birds wings, the cry of birds. Yellow and blue eyes filling the darkness. Hundreds of them. A spotlight illuminating a lectern with a red velvet pillow upon it. Sitting on it the Internet championship. Three sets of hands reach from the darkness, and rest upon it. The tattoos of one matching Alexander Raven. One set belonging to a woman, and the others to an unknown third.

“The Conspiracy has finally arrived. And you will build our throne.”

Darkness.

Silence.

Nothing.

Offline Fenris

• The White Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Fenris
Wolf versus Bird
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 09:30:11 PM »

“Fierce as the prowling wolves at close of day,
And swift as eagles in pursuit of prey.”
Thomas Parnell

The day in Reykjavík, the largest city and capital of the nation of Iceland was slowly succumbing to night as dusk slowly took over the heavens above at the early hour of four in the afternoon. Just as the nation would go through what has come to be known as twenty four hour daylight throughout the months of May through July where the sun does not set for days at a time. Whereas now in these the coldest of months of December through January, the daylight hours now are only four to five hours long before twilight takes its place. The sun has just about finished its descent down across the horizon, blanketed by the cloudy skies above that had been gifting the world below with the white cheer of winter for days on end, bringing with it the miracle of a white Christmas that those the world over dream of. (Thank you, Bing Crosby!) Once Sol had completed her journey, driving the Sun on its course through the sky, she was later embraced by her brother, Mani who was worshiped as the Moon. He then gave the world the night, with the deep purple hues of the heavens above replacing the cool blue of his sister. The stars dominated and delighted, even with the lights of the city below, as the Moon now started its own journey.

That was when the lone raven was spotted flying high above, its black body barely visible in the night sky save for the glistening effect the light of the stars and moon gave off of its sleek, black feathers. And although it was quite common for ravens to be seen in these cold months as the bird was to winter and cold weather unlike any other, it was more unusual to see one alone when in search of food. Yet even when this lone raven passed over the streets, it all but ignored the lone mouse down below, here and there as they foraged for food of its own.

The raven flew even past the city lights where the celebrations for the upcoming holiday were in full force, celebrated here in Iceland like nowhere else on earth. The avian flew over children playing in the gathered snow, above adult men and women who hurried to and fro, buying last minute gifts for friends and loved ones. It did not so much as pause or circle overhead as it passed over the sweet melodies of those within the hallowed church halls below as they gathered to celebrate Him. No, this raven in particular had a specific goal, as these birds were known for. In ancient tales, these birds were known as wise, all-knowing messengers to the gods. Two in particular, Huginn (thought) and Munnin (memory) would make their journey across the earth, gathering information and then sharing it with the All-Father Odin back in Asgard.

The raven had left behind the city limits and flew toward the houses beyond, of which were few and far between. Trees dominated the borders of this quaint and old world style neighborhood, where the houses within the trees’ embrace were more of the traditional sort; mostly fashioned in turf and known appropriately as ‘turf houses’. The raven focused on one such house in particular, a family home of sorts. It fluttered down and landed on one of the many bare branches that were void of foliage in the cold, winter months. It watched as the car pulled slowly into the drive and it elicited a soft ‘kraa’ sound as its black eyes watched…

Reykjavík, Iceland -
December 20, 2022

Whoever it was that said you can’t go home again was obviously either unloved or never made more than a feeble attempt to celebrate the holidays. Because that was, in fact, where we were at this very moment, outside of the house where Kristjan (Fenris) and Aron Baltasarsson - along with their three sisters and parents, grew up. The deep blue Kia Rio had pulled into the drive of the homestead and slowed to a crawl before ultimately stopping, albeit with the engine remaining on.

Behind the wheel, Kristjan gave pause in an uncharacteristic manner as his cobalt blue eyes stared ahead at the two-level house he had known from the first memory of his childhood. Under most circumstances, Aron and Kristjan would have had their entire family flown from Iceland to where they lived in Las Vegas for the Christmas holiday that spanned from December 25 throughout the beginning of January, but because of commitments on the part of their sisters, that was not the case this year. Kristjan and Aron’s parents were uncomfortable of the thought of traveling to America and leaving their daughters behind to spend Christmas without them, when of all people, David Shepherd came up with the obvious solution of taking advantage of the winter break SCW was gifting all of its staff and stars alike by traveling to Iceland themselves. That way everybody would be together for Christmas; even Esther and Andrey would be joining them for a couple of days before returning home to be with Gerald and Mavis; an option David would not so much as entertain.

It was the perfect solution. Of course, that was before…

“So…” Fenris turned in the driver’s seat to his lone passenger, his once boyfriend and now husband, David Shepherd who was looking even more somber than Kristjan himself felt inside. Kristjan asked, “Are you ready?”

David never took his eyes off of the house, as if he were avoiding laying eyes on the love of his life. He drew in a deep breath, gently exhaling through his nose before answering the question in an almost monotone voice, “About as ready as I’ll ever be.”

“Just remember,” Kristjan playfully chided his man. “This was your idea.”

“I’m aware of that.” David said in a tone of voice that somehow reminded Kristjan of David’s own father Gerald; strength coupled by a touch of acidity. David had been acting standoffish, almost distant with him for the past couple of days without any offered explanation. And whenever Kristjan tried to pry out of him what was wrong, David practically blew the question off. Or he simply never acknowledged being asked.

David then finally turned his full and undivided attention to the man to his left and admitted, “But you can hardly blame me given recent events.”

“What are you talking about?” Kristjan asked, his brow creasing into a frown that was more confusion than it was annoyance or anger.

David answered silently by holding up his left hand, and the answer was then obvious by the sleekly carved ring on his marriage finger, a silent testament to the ‘mistake” that the two men had indulged in only recently when the drunken pair had mistakenly presumed one of those Elvis churches on the Vegas Strip was just another tourist trap - only to discover quite the opposite after.

David then continued, “Then there’s last year and my first trip to Iceland…” To which Kristjan turned away from David and his eyes were once again on his childhood home. He remembered that memory from a year ago vividly and without a trace of fondness. How could he? David had been raised in such an emotionally abusive household that the thought of a loving one such as what Kristjan grew up within was somehow foreign - alien - to him. The two men stood right here where the car they sat inside was parked, before David suffered a panic attack and fled all the way back to the States, leaving Kristjan heartbroken and greatly embarrassed.

To his point, Kristjan acknowledged, “You more than made up for that since.”

“Maybe.” David barely conceded before he unfastened his seat belt, further stating, “I’m just not making the best of impressions with your family.”

To this, Kristjan extended a hand to better offer David a bit of comfort, but just like that, an emotional switch had turned and David all but avoided his touch and his expression darkened as he pushed the passenger door open and moved around to the trunk where they had stowed their luggage away. Kristjan frowned at this sudden behavioral change, and he too climbed out of the car, watching David move around to the open trunk before moving along to join him and lend a hand at retrieving their belongings.

“What’s going on, David?”

David set two suitcases down before looking up at his now-husband while remaining bent at the waist, “I think we just covered that.”

“Not that!” Fenris barked - pun intended. “This!” He made a motion with his hand between the two of them as a universal sign between the two of them. He went on as he grabbed another suitcase inside while David went for some of the boxes they had brought that contained Yule gifts for Kristjan’s family.

Kristjan said, “That’s the most you’ve spoken to me in days and you just turned it off like someone turned off the lights! Now what is going on!?”

David grabbed at the luggage and hefted as many into his grip as he could before standing upright and said simply, “Don’t know what you’re talking about.” And he turned his back to Fenris, as the sound of a door opening drew their attention from their own personal issues and to the older but still stunning beauty of a woman that was Eva, Kristjan and Aron’s mother. She called aloud to the two of them, “Are you boys coming in or were you planning on sleeping outside in the snow??”

“Saved by the bell.” David mused and once again turned away from Kristjan to walk toward the door held open for him by the matriarch of the Icelandic family. Kristjan watched him walk away from him before he sighed and reached down for more of their luggage…

“David and Zoey aren’t here?” Kristjan asked as he removed his tanned aviator jacket and handed it over to his dad’s waiting grasp, much as David did with his thicker, heavier wool coat. Benedikt moved to hang their garments up on the coat rack to the side of the home’s side entrance, answering as he did so, “They’re in town. Aron is showing her some of the sites; the Yule Cat and the Heiðmörk Market…” A memory that David himself held dear, recalling fondly when Kristjan brought him to that public square just outside of the woods; a winter festival that was a marvel to the senses, and evidence that Icelandic folks really took this holiday seriously unlike any other he’s experienced before.

“We will have to go there tomorrow.” Kristjan said to David as they were escorted into the dining room, but David made no effort to answer the invitation although he had to admit he was greatly interested.

“So where are the girls?” Kristjan asked as he and David took the offered seats at the dining room table at the behest of Benedikt, Kristjan’s father, while Eva continued to busy herself in the kitchen, putting the finishing touches on the evening meal. Benedikt poured both young men a glass of, all the better to stay off the chill of Iceland but this was more for David’s benefit given he was unused to Icelandic weather. Unlike Kristjan.

From the kitchen, Eva called out, “Don’t give them anything stronger than Malt and Appelsín, Benedikt! We all know what happened the last time those two indulged!”

To this, David quickly ducked his head down, feeling the maddening desire to be elsewhere or at the very least, be able to go somewhere and hide. Kristjan, on the other hand, felt the heat rise from deep within and color his lightly tanned flesh in a hue of annoyance and protective anger. He never did tell his family what happened that night last year when David suffered a near paralyzing panic attack. David’s mental health was of David’s and his own concern, not his father and certainly not his mother.

Benedikt sighed and took a seat at the head of the table where he regularly dined and he said simply, “Sorry for that. Your mother is still upset about…” And he made a slight motion with his hand toward the young men’s hands that bore the rings on them as they reached for their offered drinks.

“I told her that we were going to take care of it!” Kristjan all but hissed, trying his best to keep from losing his famed temper in his family home, and worse, at the expense of his beloved mother. But now he was struggling with who he was more concerned in hurting; his mother or his man. Both of whom held equal shares in his heart and soul. Yet even then he failed to notice the again, sudden pained expression that had swiftly crossed David’s face, only to vanish just as quickly.

Kristjan went on to explain, “But the courthouses in Las Vegas were closed for the holidays so we have to wait until we get back after the new year.”

“Mm hm.” Benedikt smiled coyly. “Are you sure there’s not another reason that you’re putting it off?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Kristjan mused as he picked up his glass of the hard, Icelandic brandy and took a sip. To which Benedikt chuckled, saying, “Oh come now, Kristjan! I could read you like a book, ever since you were a boy!”

Kristjan raised his brow inquisitively while David watched the exchange like a tennis match, his eyes going back and forth between father and son. Kristjan asked, “Meaning?”

Benedikt answered with a smile while picking up a glass of his own, “Meaning you just can’t wait to rub it in Elin and Viktoria’s noses that you were the first to get married?”

David, despite his feelings, could not help but snort back a laugh as he himself had a similar knee jerk response to what he and Kristjan did where his own parents were concerned. And Kristjan? He didn’t exactly deny his dad’s accusation. More to the point, he raised a hand and pinched a thumb and forefinger closely together in a none-too subtle sign of admission.

“So, you never did say.” David picked up the conversation on behalf of his man. “Where are the girls?”

“Well,” Benedikt answered, setting his glass down. “Freyja will be back from her job at Grillmarkaðurinn in about five hours. Elin and Viktoria will be here on Christmas Eve but will be stopping by tomorrow.”

Kristjan frowned, not understanding the latter part of his father’s answer. He cocked his head to the side, almost in a comical imitation of Kyssa. Benedikt further explained, “Since they both got jobs down in the city, they thought it would make more sense to get a place together rather than travel back and forth every day.”

“Wait, hold up!” Kristjan raised a hand. “Elin and Viktoria moved out?”

“That’s right!” Eva said as she entered the dining room, dinner plates and silverware in hand. She started to set the table almost aggressively as she glanced at her eldest son and said, “How does it feel not to be in on a secret?”

“Oh for…!” Kristjan fell back into his chair, now completely exasperated by his mother’s behavior and reaction toward what he and David had mistakenly done a few weeks prior. “Mom, how many damn times do I have to explain it to you!? It was an accident! A mistake!”

“A  mistake caused by your drinking.” She paused from her task of setting the dinner table and threw her hands up in mock wonder, stating, “Big surprise!”

“Eva!” Benedikt started to speak up in defense of his oldest son. Even if he did agree with his wife about their son’s drinking habits, he most certainly did not agree with how she was reacting to recent events - especially when doing so right in front of their guest, David. All he could be thankful for was that the situation was not made worse by Aron and Zoey’s presence. David’s obvious discomfort was bad enough, but if the young lady Aron was dating had been there, it would have been even worse.

Eva turned to her husband and she defended her actions, “What? You agreed with me about his drinking…”

“Oh really…?” Kristjan started to say, his attention turning from mother to father, but he needn’t have bothered. Eva was far from finished in admonishing her son for what she felt was his reckless behavior. Eva was a wonderful mother as every one of her children would testify, but she was also a protective one. Even unto their adult lives. And none of her children brought out her ‘mama bear syndrome’ more so than her oldest boy.

Eva stared hard at Kristjan who matched her stare for stare, and if someone were to throw a kernel of popcorn between them, the heat radiating from their gaze would most assuredly cause it to pop. She said, “Everything bad that has happened to you has been because of your indulgence in anything remotely alcoholic, Kristjan! When you and Kris Ryans were caught in that elevator, you were both drinking!”

“Stop.” Kristjan said with a biting ease but one that spoke volumes behind his famed temperament. But he was his mother’s son and Eva was not the slightest bit intimidated by her boy. Kristjan was a proud and loving momma’s boy, and Eva knew the fact better than anyone. He loved her just as she did him, but that also meant that she was not about to quit when she had a full head of steam.

She continued, “Or what about the time you damn near killed yourself drinking when you were outed!?”

“What?” David asked in genuine confusion as this revelation was news to him. Kristjan’s eyes flashed at the reminder of the time he was truly at his lowest and how his mom had just used it to weaponize against him.

“Eva!” Benedikt again tried to intervene, knowing his son better than almost anyone save for Aron himself, and as such he could recognize the signs of his temper ready to explode. But Eva continued on, “Then there was…”

"GOD DAMN IT!!!” Kristjan shot up from his chair, throwing it over to the floor in the process and his outburst finally did what her husband could not as it shocked Eva into silence. “THAT IS ENOUGH!

“Kristjan…” Eva started to speak, the shock quickly wearing off and ‘mama bear’ once again coming out to play. “I am only trying to point out to you how much your drinking has hurt you! You just refuse to admit any fault…”

“Like mother, like son, eh Mom!?” Kristjan stared her down, again surprising her into silence. He then pointed a finger in her direction, “And don’t you EVER insinuate David has hurt me or is some fault…!”

“I didn’t…” She started to speak but was quickly cut off by Kristjan shouting, “Like hell you didn’t! You just stood there and did so stop acting holier than thou Mom! I love you, you know I do and that will never end or change but you are FAR from perfect so DROP IT!!!”

Eva slammed the last of the dinner plates down onto the table’s surface and she turned slowly to her son and she stepped right up to him and she said, “I love you as well dear, but do not ever speak to me like that in this house!”

Kristjan nodded, “Well there’s a simple solution to that Mom…” he stated in a cold whisper. He then turned to David and with a silent nod, but one that spoke volumes, David stood up from the table.

“Kristjan…?” Benedikt started to speak, then turned from his son to his - well, son-in-law. “David…?”

David gave the man a sad smile but followed Kristjan around the table where Kristjan grabbed his coat and passed David's own to his waiting hands.

“Where are you going?” Eva asked, now suddenly realizing with great regret what just happened, even if she was acting out of a mother’s concern for her flesh and blood.

“Where do you think!?” Kristjan answered as he and David reached for their luggage but conspicuously leaving the boxes that contained the Christmas gifts. “We’re going to a hotel!”

“Boys…!” Benedikt stood up but he might as well have said nothing as his protest fell on deaf ears, the door to their home slamming shut behind their son and his husband. Seconds passed with a discomforting silence. Eva’s eyes were closed, her curled fingers pressed against her lips, and gentle tears streaking down her cheeks.

Benedikt turned from the door to face his wife. “Are you happy?”

Outside, the car had just pulled out of the drive and peeled off up the road when the frosted bushes in the yard parted and a wolf stepped through, watching the vehicle as it vanished into the distance.

“Caw!” The sound came from up above and the wolf gazed upward with indifference toward the raven overhead…

Downtown Reykjavík

Indeed Kristjan - Fenris - had escaped from his family home and brought David into the heart of the city where they found a quaint yet comfortable hotel for a last minute accommodation; a lucky thing indeed as the holiday was present and most hotels had filled up completely. True, the room was smaller than what he was accustomed to, and he’d probably end up having to sleep on top of David. Nothing he hasn’t done before - wink wink. Still, he would have rather flown back to the States than return to the house and admit defeat to his mother, most of all.

Kristjan needed to get out into the fresh, Reykjavík air, but David opted to remain in the hotel, having had enough for the moment of the cold weather that came naturally to his man’s native country. Besides, David privately felt that his presence would be the opposite of what Kristjan needed at the moment, as he was placing partial blame on himself for recent happenings. That was where Fenris was now, walking down the city streets he had grown up on, ran along with friends as children and escorted his baby brother and sister to school when he was old enough to lend his parents a helping hand.

“I usually have my reasons for wanting to have a match against someone; the World Heavyweight Championship is usually at the top of the list. Ben Jordan will always rank as my Achilles heel where that scenario is concerned. There’s also the times I see someone who looks like a legit bad ass inside of the ring and I want to test myself against them. JC … Jack Washington … Jake Raab … Then there are the times I see someone who says or does something that just pisses me off and I want to get in the ring with them for the sole purpose of kicking their ass straight into the afterlife. Austin James Mercer has always held the top spot there but there were also guys like Supreme Machine. The point is, I have my reasons for when I want to fight a particular opponent… but this?”

Fenris made a face and shook his head in a faux sense of disbelief.

“This one wasn’t even my idea, and I could have cared less about ever facing Alexander Raven, even if it is for the Internet Championship. I just had zero interest in the whole damn thing but then the whiny little bitch went crying to the higher ups…”

Fenris closed his eyes and put on a sarcastic imitation of the reigning Internet Champion crying, complete with gasping for air and rubbing his eyes with his fist, before he suddenly stopped and stared straight into the camera.

“And lo and behold, the match is made official.”

He scoffed.

“Funny, isn’t it Alexander? It’s been months since all of this shit started between us, and why is that? It’s because you have an over-inflated sense of self importance. And yes! I do get the irony of that claim coming from me of all people! Listening to you run at the mouth and posting all of this bullshit on Twitter, you talk and act as if you have a Word For the Day calendar at your fingertips that you can browse through randomly to give off the illusion of intelligence. Or, I don’t know, maybe you study a thesaurus before you get in front of a camera so you can keep that illusion going in hopes people will think you intelligent rather than a fraud and somehow gain more support.”

“And why? Simple, really. You just love attention. Not exactly a fault mind you, considering the business that we’re in thrives on having attention thrust your way, but there’s a key difference between you and I; I have always earned whatever attention the fans or the bosses have given me. You, on the other hand, take your attention however the hell you can get it! Usually by being an antagonistic, know-it-all asshole! The kind of human being who gets his rocks off by talking down to people about shit you don’t know anything about! Or by ‘mansplaining’ about things to people who know what they’re talking about when it’s obvious to anyone watching that you, do not! And you’ll continue doing this because people like you can’t help it, just so long as it gives you some misguided sense of self.”

Fenris turned to address the camera, and thus his upcoming opponent. He clenched a fist and stared hard.

“And in the end, that was what really drove you over the edge where I was concerned, wasn’t it? Oh sure, we had a handful of exchanges back and forth on social media, but nothing that really set you apart from any of the other sad sacks who try to use social media to try and raise their lot in life. You’re like those sad ass influencers that you read stories about, you know the sort. The ones who go into restaurants and expect freebies because they have a whole whopping five hundred followers! Or, better still, those ditzy divas who contact the most exclusive hotels and suggest a ‘collaboration’...”

He used air quotes.

“When what they really meant was ‘gimme, gimme, gimme’! They think that just because they have some followers that hang off their every word, they can use that to brush past in life rather than actually accomplish anything of importance, and bitch? You remind me so much of them with that attitude of yours! I’m legit surprised we don’t see your face on Youtube or Tik Tok, asking … No, demanding, to have people love and respect you! I know! Maybe next time we’re in Las Vegas, you should contact the SCW bosses and suggest you ‘collab’ because, you know – you are such a big deal!”

“And to think, this all started really months ago when you got all butt hurt before your match against Austin James Mercer. It’s almost like you thought you deserved to have the support of your peers even when you were still relatively a baby in the locker room. And I mean that both literally and figuratively. Oh sure, you might have had the support of guys like Ken Davison, but consider the source. Granted, I was one of the ones betting on Mercer to take your title and – I was wrong. I admit it. You won that match but bitch…”

Fenris cracked a smile and shook his head in disbelief.

“If you thought you beat Mercer when he was one hundred percent in his game, you are wrong! I’ve seen Mercer at his best. I’ve fought Mercer, at. His. Best! And the man you faced that night and beat? That was not the Austin James Mercer who was at his best! The simple fact is, you got lucky. You may have pulled off what everybody with any brains would call an upset, but you did not defeat ‘the man’!”

“But me?”

He placed a hand just below his left clavicle.

“I wouldn’t play your little games in order to boost your ego because I could always see you for being exactly what you are - an overrated underachiever. I mean, it seriously must have pissed you off when there was another man out there who wouldn’t acknowledge you and say your name!”

“Your ignorance was never more glaringly obvious than the time you called me ‘all anger and no substance’. You make noise about my not being aware of the shit that you bled for, when you turn right around and look past the exact same damn things about me you fucking hypocrite! And I’m not even talking about my career in MMA or everything I accomplished there, although I sure as shit could because the man that fought and bled for the professional MMA circuit is why the man who fights and bleeds for Sin City Wrestling is even here! Four months, Raven. Four! Months! That’s how long it took for me to go from my very first match as a professional wrestler to becoming the World Heavyweight Champion! And if you are anything like some of the critics I had in those days, you might be saying it was just luck or it was a fluke and nature would take its course, causing me to drop the belt. Well son, it took over eight months before that happened so let me tell you; that must have been one hell of a fluke! My reign is second only to J2H's and yes, I will admit that is saying something! I had matches against the likes of Alex Jones, Casey Williams, Dmitri and anyone else that they wanted to put me against! Whether or not they were a main event Superstar or a jobber! Anytime they needed me for any reason, I was there to represent them! You? You're supposed to represent the World Wide Web as the Internet Champion and the SCW Universe is lucky if they get a token statement! Nature didn’t take it’s course, it took over the day I stepped inside of this place! One thousand, three hundred and forty four days - undefeated! And you? How long did you stay unbeaten since arriving here, Alexander? How close gave you been to being at the top?"

He leaned in at the waist and cupped a hand over his ear, the better to hear before he smiled and nodded. Satisfied.

"Yeah, that's what I thought. Now I have to ask you, Raven! Who is the real 'blind one' between us? You start shit with anyone that so much as acknowledges you, from Mercer to Miles Kasey… fuck! You even got into it with Zoey Lukas and dumbass .. all I can say is that you need to thank the gods above that SCW does not allow intergender wrestling because I can guarantee she would kick your ass!"

"Considering everything that's been happening in the States, do you know what you remind me of? You're like a political campaign ad. You talk too damn much and nobody understands a god-damned thing that you're saying! You make empty promises that you don't stand a chance in hell of following through with!”

Fenris came upon the famed Christmas Cat in the town square, a monument that meant as much to the citizens of the Icelandic capital as the White House Christmas tree meant to the American people.

True Fenris had always been a dog person, disliking cats with a burning passion. But this cat in particular? It had always held a special place in the heart of the ‘White Wolf’.

"You are the one who has been content with being second best all of this time! I may not have championship gold around my waist (for the moment) but I can promise you that I am still more to this business than you will ever be!"

"There's something else that I want to point out to you Alexander, so kindly shut the hell up and try listening for a change! Everything that happens after this moment? Everything that is going to happen inside of that ring? Is entirely your fault! You did this, you're to blame! You bitched and you whined to Ward and Underwood like an entitled, bratty child until you got what you wanted! The big question is, now that you have me, whatever are you going to do with me? I had absolutely no interest in that championship of yours. If I'm going to be honest? I would have rather this been a non-title match but unfortunately - the powers that be didn't see that as an option for a SuperCard. Ironic, isn't it, that Ravens are the largest member of the crow family, and here we have a Raven about to eat crow! So soon enough, Alexander, you won't even be second best."

"You won't even be a blip on the fucking radar!"
>
"Where wolf's ears are, wolf's teeth are near."
~ Volsunga Saga, c.19

World Heavyweight Champion - 1x - current
9-0-1
</color>
;