Author Topic: A Day at the Beach  (Read 459 times)

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
A Day at the Beach
« on: September 20, 2013, 11:21:24 PM »
 The scene opens up at Jalousie Beach on the Caribbean island of St. Lucia.  The beach is filled with a variety of beach-goers, mostly those who are tourists there on a lovely vacation and some of those whose vacation is quite deliberately aligned with this week's scheduling of SCW's Climax Control.  As the scene pans around the beach, it eventually comes to a rest at a spot on the beach which is a little quieter, as it is far away from any of the various hotels or resorts along the coastline.  There it is found the very familiar face of former two-time SCW Heavyweight Champion Nick Jones, who is laying out alone on a towel in the beach, basking in the sunlight.  After a few moments of this, suddenly a shadow comes down over Nick, not seeming to grab his attention.  The shot pans out to show the shadow is cast by none other than Nick's girlfriend, Diana Roberts, who then lays out another towel and plops down right next to Nick, grabbing his attention for the first time as he lifts his head and looks over towards Diana with squinting eyes due to the bright sun.  Nick doesn't say a word, instead opting to lay his head back down and close his eyes again.

Diana:  Well jeez, with how far you are from our hotel, I don't you could have made it any harder for me to find you out here!

Diana seems to be clearly joking in her comment, but Nick opens his and looks towards her, rolling his eyes a bit in the process.  Nick then mumbles to himself, being sure to do so quietly enough so Diana cannot hear.

Nick:  I don't know that, apparently I could have.

Diana is clearly otherwise focused as she is now applying sun tan lotion onto her body as Nick lays back once again and closes his eyes.  As Diana finishes up putting lotion all over the front of her body, as well as her arms and legs, she then turns her attention to Nick who is laying beside her.  She gives a smile in his direction as she speaks in a very soft and sweet tone.

Diana:  Hey baby, would you get my back for me?

Nick opens his eyes once again and looks towards Diana, seeing her with her hand extended out and the sun tan lotion in it.  Nick lets out a deep sigh, but does not say a word and sits up on his towel before turning towards Diana.  Nick snags the bottle from Diana's hand and potions some lotion on his hands as Diana turns her back towards him.  Nick starts rubbing the lotion into Diana's back, but quite clearly seems rather unhappy about the process.  As this is ongoing, one of the waitresses for the resort that have been covering the beach walks over towards where they are, with a tray in hand that has a drink upon it.

Waitress:  Sorry for the wait, it's an awfully far trek out here.  But here you go, your piña colada sir.

With Nick's hands covered in lotion, he starts to reach out for the drink but stops himself as he looks down at his hands.  He goes to wipe off his hands on one of the nearby towels, but before he has a chance to do anything, Diana is quick to reach out and grab the drink as she speaks.

Diana:  Oh, you order me a drink?  That's so sweet honey, thank you!

Nick looks in a bit of a shock as he doesn't know how to respond, but as Diana looks over her shoulder at him, he's quick to put on a fake smile.  Diana then notices something as she looks at Nick and the area around him.

Diana:  Wait, you don't have a drink.  You wouldn't possibly have ordered a silly little drink like this for yourself, would you?

Nick is hesitant to reply, but after a few seconds lets out a sigh before responding on a rather disappointed tone.

Nick:  No, I guess not.

Diana:  Oh... great!  Thanks babe.

Diana turns back around and starts to drink the piña colada as Nick glares at her from behind and raises his hand up as if he's about to smack her upside the end, but then just shakes his head and lowers his hand.  Nick then turns his attention back towards the waitress, who seems to look a bit uncomfortable.

Nick: The lady makes a good point, I don't have a drink.  I must have... forgot, or... something.  Anyone let me get a beer.   Actually, you know what?  Scratch that, make that a dozen beers... in a bucket of ice.  Just put it all on the room.

Waitress:  Ok, I'll go ahead and get that for you right away.

The waitress and turns walks off as Diana turns back towards Nick seeming a little confused.

Diana:  TWELVE beers?  Really?

Diana then seems to figure it all out, or at least believe she has, as she snaps her fingers and the confusion is gone as she follows up with another comment.

Diana:  Oh wait, are the guys coming to meet up with us too?

Nick:  Yeah, sure... why not.  That sounds like as good of an excuse as any for me to order twelve beers, so we'll go with that.

Diana seems rather unphased by Nick's response, clearly not listening all that closely as the both of them lay back on their towels, Diana sipping away at her drink the whole time, as they both bask in the sunlight.  After a few minutes of complete silence between the two go by, with the exception of a few sipping noises from Diana, she eventually speaks up.

Diana:  Oh my God, isn't it so great to just sit out here and enjoy the piece and quiet of it all.

Nick responds with another quiet mumble under his breath, although this one perhaps a little too loud.

Nick:  Yeah, it WAS nice to finally have some piece and quiet.

With the comment from Nick, Diana opens her eyes back up and shoots a look over towards her boyfriend.

Diana:  What was that?

Nick:  Oh, I um... just said yes, I completely agree, it's great.

Diana:  Oh, ok... yeah it really is majestic.  I mean just to be sitting here, listening to the sound of the waves crashing against the sand.  The birds flying around about us.  The breeze blowing through the palm trees.

Nick throws another mumbling comment out there, this time being extra careful to make sure it is not audible to his girlfriend.

Nick: Yeah, and your whiny ass voice.

Nick lays back down again, this time rolling onto his side so that his back is now turned towards Diana, making a distinctive effort to completely block her out as he relaxes on the beach.  Diana looks over at Nick with a bit of an inquisitive look, before simply rolling her eyes and laying back down to take in the son.  As a few minutes go by, the waitress from earlier makes her way back over, this time with a large bucket filled with ice and a dozen beers in her hands.  As she gets over to where Nick and Diana are, she places the bucket in the sand in the area just between where Nick and Diana have their respective towels setup.

Waitress:  There you go.  Enjoy!

Nick rolls back over and looks to the waitress, who is standing there smiling, waiting for some sort of response.  After a few seconds of silence, Nick finally speaks up.

Nick:  Yeah, ok.

Clearly not quite what she was expecting as a response, the waitress seems a little uneasy but turns and walks away.  Nick then looks up as the waitress is leaving and is rather clearly checking her out from behind as she walks away.  Diana notices this and quickly sits up as glares at Nick with a very unhappy look.  Diana opens her mouth to go say something, but Nick quickly jumps in as he tilts his head over so slightly away from the waitress and more towards the water.

Nick:  Isn't it beautiful, how um... there's the water and stuff, with the lovely skyline and you know... all that?

Diana seems hesitant to response as she is a bit suspicious, but after a few seconds a smile comes to her face as she nods along.

Diana:  Yes, it really is an amazing view isn't it?

Nick:  Yeah, exactly!  What's what I'm saying.  I was totally checking out the great view.  You know... of the beach and water and stuff.

Nick looks a bit nervous despite Diana seeming to have fallen for it and he quickly reaches into the bucket and grabs a beer, cracking it open and then immediately starting to down it.  Diana stares off to the horizon as Nick continues to drink, managing to poud through the entire beer in one shot before tossing it off to the side into the sand.  Nick lets out a big burp, which gets an awkward look from Diana before she returns her attention to the skyline.  Nick then reaches in and grabs a second beer which he cracks open right away.

Diana:  Um, Nick... can I ask you something?

Nick seems a bit uneasy as what Diana as about to ask, so instead of responding, he quickly begins to pound the next beer.  Diana then turns to look at Nick as she goes to continue to speak, but sees him drinking.  Nick holds up a finger indicating for her to wait as he continues to drink away at the beer.  Diana simply watches and doesn't say a word or refocus his attention, despite what Nick seemed to have been hoping for.  Nick polishes off the second beer as well.  He takes this one and tosses it off to the side as well, slowly turning his attention towards Diana as he seems to have no excuses not to at this point.

Nick:  Uh, I guess so.  I mean, sure babe, what's up?

Diana:  Well here's the thing...

Nick watches Diana as she speaks, but at the same time manages to reach into the bucket and already grab a third beer, which he quickly cracks up and starts to sip on a bit as she speaks.

Diana:  I know this has been an ongoing thing for like, months now, and keeps coming up, but I've just got to ask, because I've never gotten a straight answer.

Nick mumbles to himself as he realizes where this is going.

Nick:  Ah shit, not this again.

Diana continues on, although clearly a bit hesitant regarding what she's about to say.

Diana:  What's the deal with you and that little Zoey whore anyway, huh?

Nick:  You know what, I HAVE given you a straight answer, about fifty friggin' times.  Enough is enough with this bullshit.  She's just some nobody who happens to work for the company.  It means nothing to me.  She's a damn nurse so yeah, when I get hurt she's got to check me out.  Whatever, you didn't give a crap when they had that creepy old man working back there who wanted to check me for hernias and give me prostate exams on a daily freakin' basis.  So who gives a crap if some dumb broad has to take a look at my neck after I take a bad hit in a match?  LET IT GO!!!

Diana seems a bit taken back, but also rather pleased by Nick's response as she nods along to what he says.

Diana:  Fine, that's all I needed to know.  You've always seemed so quick to defend her in the past so...

Nick:  Not defending her, just trying to let you know there's no reason for you to waste your time with her.  Can we move on now?

Diana:  Ok, sure.  No need to get so pissy about it.

Nick:  They don't ask me about over and over and over again, alright?

Diana:  Fine.

Diana turns away from Nick and also immediately his look of anger disappears as he seems to be a bit uneasy and even perhaps upset by his own comments that he just made.  He tries to shake it off and then immediately pounds the rest of his third beer before tossing it aside, grabbing a four and then turning away from Diana once more.  Diana, hearing Nick go for another beer, looks back over at Nick and, despite him now having his back completely to her, speaks up anyway.

Diana:  How many is that now?

Nick:  Don't worry about it.

Diana:  When exactly did you say the guys were coming to meet us here?

Nick:  I didn't.

Diana:  Well, what time?

Nick:  I don't know... later.

Diana:  Well if it's "later", then the beer be warm by then.

Nick:  There's ice.

Diana:  Yeah, but it's hot out.  The ice is already starting to melt.

Nick:  I guess that's a good point.  So I guess I better drink it all, huh?  Might as well go with that, that's as good of an excuse as any for why I'm going to drink all of these damn beers myself, so yeah, we'll go with that.

Diana:  Whatever.  Although do you really think all of this drinking is such a good idea?

For the first time at this point in the conversation, Nick stops and looks back over his shoulder at Diana, clearly unhappy with his questioning of her.

Nick:  Excuse me?

Diana:  I'm just saying, you have a match coming up soon.  Don't you think you should be preparing for that?

Nick:  Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know you were suddenly some friggin' expert on how a two-time SCW Champion should be prepping for his matches.

Diana:  Well call me crazy, but I can't ever remember you laying on a beach getting drunk before any of those title wins.

Nick:  Whatever.  I don't need this crap.  I know what I'm doing.  Hell, the last time I was booked the little bitch I was up against was so scared that he couldn't even be bothered to show up for the match.  He probably off somewhere shitting himself while I was standing tall in the middle of the ring as a victor yet again.

Diana:  So what the hell does that mean?  Now suddenly you're going to count on all of your opponents not showing up for your matches?

Nick:  No, what it means is that this entire roster knows I'm too good for them to handle, that much has been made crystal clear.  So I think I have a pretty damn good idea of what I'm doing, alright?

Diana:  Fine, but I'm just saying that I wouldn't count on you having it so easy this week.

Nick:  Why?  Because I might have to take 30 seconds out of my day to beat the shit out of some nobody loser in the ring before getting the victory?  Big deal.  For crying out loud, this never-was is a gimpy one-legged nothing that couldn't even get into the ring for his match last week.  If he's stupid enough to hobble his way down to the ring this week to go against me, it will be an even dumber decision than the chump who came across looking like the biggest pussy in this company.

Diana:  You don't even know the names of any of these guys you're booked against, do you?

Nick:  Of course I do.  It's King.

Diana:  And his first name?

Nick:  It's... something.  I don't know, his name is something King, there's too many of these damn jackasses now, how the hell am I supposed to keep them straight?  All I know is none of them mean shit and none of them can do damn thing in the ring against yours truly, so what's the difference?

Diana:  Well, just so you know, it's Scott King.

Nick:  Whoop-dee-friggin shit.  I guess you are the expert on all things wrestling after all, I mean hell, you even know my opponents first name.  That should really make all the difference in the world if he can bother to hop on down to the ring on one leg for the ass-whooping of his life.

Diana:  So sorry that I was trying to help.  What was I possibly thinking?

Nick:  Apparently you were thinking that you're a bigger asset to my wrestling career than you are your own acting career.

Diana looks completely insulted by that comment as Nick tosses aside his fourth beer bottle, this one now empty as well, and quickly grabs another and opens it up to continue drinking.  He then stops and thinks for a moment before continuing on.

Nick:  Although in that case, you might actually be onto something.

Diana now looks furious and she gets up from where she was laying down as she glares down at Nick, who still is sitting on his towel.

Diana:  SCREW YOU!

Diana then kicks some sand at Nick before storming off.  Nick wipes the sand off of himself and then looks off at Diana as she leaves before speaking up, although not loudly enough for her to hear in the distance.

Nick:  What the hell do you think you're here for?

Nick then rolls his eyes and goes back to his beer, but immediately spits it out as there appears to have been sand that got into it.  Nick tosses the beer to the side and grabs another as he shakes his head while watching Diana continue to storm off in the distance.

Nick:  I'm really getting tired of this shit.

Nick lets out a deep sigh and then lays back out on the towel as the scene slowly fades.
>