Author Topic: El Monstruo de la Oscuridad  (Read 450 times)

Offline StephenCallaway

• View Profile
    • Stephen Callaway
El Monstruo de la Oscuridad
« on: May 08, 2020, 07:35:23 PM »
 We see Stephen Callaway sitting in a bath. There's no water in it and he's fully clothed.

Stephen Callaway
"A couple of weeks ago, I sat in this hotel room. I sat on the bed and I talked about how I was questioning my future here in Sin City. Remember that? Few days later, I watched Climax Control. I wanted to hear if Commentary said something about it.

And what did they talk about?

A FAILED MMA GUY!!!

And yeah, he's a failed MMA guy. Show me one ex-MMA guy in pro wrestling that isn't a fail! Brock Lesnar was a UFC Champion. As soon as he started losing he packed up and went to wrestling. Ronnie Rousey was all dominating in UFC but no sooner did she get a kicking that she went missing from MMA and turned up in wrestling.

Commentary decided 'let's call Callaway a dumb dumb'.

Either that or management decided it and told commentary through their headsets. Either way it's not really a message of 'please don't go' is it?

Callaway's thinking about going, so let's call him stupid.

That being said, I said it in a video that went up on their website roughly two weeks ago. Did I get the boss at my hotel room? Did I get an email, a text, a tweet, a PM, a DM or a phone call?

No.

You know what I got?

FUCK ALL!!!

I basically threatened to leave the company the second I can fly home and this company did jack shit! Not one message though any of the communication means at our disposal to see what is shoot and what isn't.

But no.  

If the wrestling boot was on the other foot, I'd be in contact with them. Hell, a few weeks ago I got wind that one of the trainees in SML was thinking about quitting. First thing I did was send her a DM. We spoke about why she wanted to go and what problems she had. We spoke about what we at SML could, and probably should, be doing.

She decided to stay.

Sin City, by their lack of communication, are all but saying 'Go'

Or at least that's how it feels to me."

He gets out of the bath and sits on the toilet, lid down.

Stephen Callaway
"Even if I want to go, I can't. There's a flight ban so there's nowhere to go.

So I'll be on Climax Control this week. I'll be taking on El Dark. I'm sure that translates from Mexican to English as something cool like 'The Monster from the Darkness' rather than something bland like 'the dark'.

But in all seriousness, I'm actually looking forward to him. A Mexican Wrestler just a handful of pounds up from a cruiserweight should be a good match.

But here's the thing. My gig here is to talk about the match and hype it so that come Sunday you want to watch it. Now normally I read the guy's bio on the website, maybe watch a few matches to get a feel for him so that I've got plenty to come out here and say.

But there's little or nothing about him. The guy only joined in April, presumably he drove here. So there's not a lot to watch.

His bio says he's never had a title, he's new to wrestling, he's from New York (which confused me as earlier it says he's from Mexico) and he's born in 2001.

What can I say to that?

Seriously? I mean 2001 make him..... 19? He can't have a lot of experience. Hell Ann from SML probably has more experience. Maybe instead of "The Dark" he should be "The Green" or "El Verde" if you want to go with the Mexican translation.

I got that his entrance involves him being carried to the ring on a cross like Jesus. Fandabidoze, I've got another fruit basket that thinks he's some religious deity. Must be something in the water.

But maybe that's the point. Sin City won't talk to me so they send El Dark. I beat him and it's 'Dumb Dumb Callaway got a pity win over the non experienced guy' or if I lose it's 'Dumb Dumb Callaway can't even beat the inexperienced Mexican guy.'

The thing is I have a lot of thinking to do. If Lockdown restrictions are going to be slowly lifted it may soon be a case of piss or... "

He stands up and walks out of shot.