Author Topic: Late addition to the match...Goin' to be the last bombshell standing  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe

The sounds of bodies hitting canvas can be heard as a redhead walks into the midst of people training, lifting weights or just working out on the machines.  Dressed in a pair of tights that outline her legs and a knotted tee with her hair pulled back in a long ponytail that curls against her shoulder, Sam Marlowe moves towards a bench in front of a mirror where she sets a towel and bottle of water down.      Rolling her neck, she reaches down and pulls out a pair of earbuds that she sets in her ears.  Tucked into the sleeve of the tee, a smartphone is taken out on which Sam presses her fingerprint to open the screen and opens her music app.  Pressing play, she smiles at the song that begins to play.  Turning back to the mirror, Sam begins to stretch out by raising her arms over her head.  Unbeknownst to Sam, she attracts attention from people in the gym and the whispers are ignored by the redhead who softly begins to sing along with the music that she only can hear. 

After a rather long time of stretching, Sam moves towards a heavy bag that is still slightly swinging from the last user.  Sam puts her hand up and stops the swing.  She reaches behind her back and pulls a pair of gloves from her tights band and slides them over her fingers.  Leaning into the bag, she can be seen mouthing something before backing away and slamming a fist into the canvas.  Finding her rhythm, she levels strikes and kicks against the bag, humming with each song that plays.   The build-up of sweat plasters the short baby hairs to her forehead.  Suddenly, the music stops as a friendly face appears beside Sam.

“Hey Sammi, how have you been?” asks Pussy Willow who has appeared in the gym dressed for exercising.  “I didn’t know that you would be here in Reno.  Not that I am complaining or anything but I thought that you were going to be back home.  And I didn’t think that you were wrestling this week.”

Sam reaches up to her ears to pull the earbuds out but had forgotten the gloves on her hands and then with a sigh of self depreciating laughter.  Removing the gloves, she pulls the earbuds away.  “Hi Puss, I’m sorry.  What did you say?” Sam says with her eyebrows meeting over a confused look.

“I said that I thought you weren’t wrestling this week,” answers Pussy. 

“I wasn’t really supposed to be but I got a call from Mr. Underwood and he inserted me into the battle royal.  At first, I thought he was joking but then when it happened, I thought I better get some training in.  So here I am in the match,” offers Sam as she reaches for the towel to wipe it across her neck.  “From what I hear, it has some really stiff competition.”

Pussy nods as she sits on the bench while Sam reaches for a jump rope that someone had left lying on the bench.  Moving backwards, Sam begins to skip to the beat of the music that is blaring over the speakers of the room.  Her ponytail bounces from side to side.  Pussy watches her and leans over to pull out a phone and points it at Sam and begins to speak.

“Since you are getting ready for the match, why don’t I do an interview with you.  I mean it has been in like forever since we have done one.  Say yes Sam…PLEASE!” begs Pussy as she waves with her phone.  “I promise to be gentle.”

That comment makes Sam trip on the rope and begins to laugh.  “Oh Pussy, really?  You honestly think that I am afraid of an interview from one of my friends?  Hit me with your best questions and I will answer,” returns Sam as she moves to join Pussy.  Picking up her bottle of water, Sam prepares for the first question.

“Okay Sammi, I am wondering what brought you back to SCW,” demands Pussy before she focuses the camera of the phone on Sam who looks thoughtful.  “I mean…”

“I know what you mean Pussy,” begins Sam.  “I guess it was the fact that I was going to be able to team with my best friend here in SCW when Ben and I challenged for the Mixed Tag titles.  And that one little taste of being in the ring reminded me how much I loved being in the thick of it as a bombshell here in SCW.  And now here I am once more.”

“Speaking of being in the thick of it, you are taking part in a battle royal that is being held to fill the vacant Bombshell Internet title.  Do you think that you stand a chance winning this one?” asks Pussy.  “There are eight other bombshells in the match who have been having some really strong matches and definitely it will be anyone’s match to win,” offers Pussy. 

Sam nods as she slowly starts to tangle her fingers as she fidgets.  “I know that there are some really strong women in this match Pussy and if I am honest, some have beaten me and I have beaten others and it will be interesting to say the least,” responds Sam who looks at her laced fingers.  “I know that most of them will be talking a big game and some will actually be able to back their talk up.  Just being in the ring with the caliber of bombshells that are participating in the ring.  Former champions…Hall of famers…award winners and each of them have their eyes on once more wearing a title here in SCW.”

Pussy shakes her head as she replies, “But Sam, you are a former champion and a hall of famer too.  I wouldn’t put yourself down.  After all, you could beat each and everyone in that match if you put your mind to it.”

“I know that and you know that,” begins Sam.  “Tell that to the others in the match that will put me down for how I have choked since my return.  You know they all love to put me in my place which in their minds might just be in some kind of bombshell retirement home where I need to stay rather than put myself through losing over and over again.  I get it, I really do.  I may not be in the same form as when I was a champion or when I was inducted into the hall of fame and that is okay.  It just means that I am going to have to fight and claw my way back to that and what better way to do that is getting in the ring and focusing on the prize.” 

“So, what is going to be the difference this time Sam?” asks Pussy as she gives Sam a raised eyebrow.

“Well…” muses Sam, “the first difference will be the opportunity to challenge for the Bombshell Internet title and should I do the unthinkable and win…that will add one more accolade to my career and that would mean that I could call myself a grandslam champion of the modern titles.  The only title to elude me has been the Bombshell Internet title and Sunday I get another shot at it.”

“That is true,” offers Pussy.  “But I am sure that there are women in the match that you are going to have to be worried about.”

“Oh sure, I can definitely say that there are women that I know have faced me and that I have beaten.  And there are women who I have faced and I have lost to.  But knowing that, I am going to have to reach down deep and give it one thousand percent on Sunday.”

Before Sam can continue, a buzzing sound can be heard from Sam’s phone.  Reaching for it, she sees the caller and excuses herself to answer it.  Pussy watches her as Sam holds up the phone to look at the image of the caller who smiles.

“Hullo Ginge,” says Ben Jordan with a grin.  “Bear says hi too.”

“Hi Ben and Bear,” responds Sam.  “How are you doing?”

Ben raises a pint and offers Sam a silent toast.  “I wanted to talk to you about Harper Mason Sam.  I might have offered your services to her.”

Sam looks confused.  “Harper Mason…Jessie Salco’s Harper Mason?  Wait a minute…what do you mean you offered her my services Ben?” Sam’s eyes narrow as on screen, Ben brushes his hand through his hair and scratches at his stubbled jaw.

“I might have told her that you would be someone that she might want to talk to about training with her to help her out,” mumbles Ben as he avoids looking directly into the camera.

“You did what?!?” exclaims Sam.  “I would be willing to help Harper sure enough but won’t that make Jessie Salco jealous?  And if that happens, will she be comin’ to kick my behind for it?” Sam looks worriedly at Ben.

“Nah,” offers the Cockney.  “Besides, Harper is looking for a mentor that is more of a face than what Jessie seems to be.  But it is up to you Ginge.  I told her she could give you a call at Climax Control last week.  Speaking of…you weren’t there, were you?”

Sam brushes the curly hairs at the nape of her neck upwars nervously.  “No, I was home in Texas visiting with Daddy and dragon slaying.”

“Oh, and how is the dragon?” asks Ben.

“Just as salty as per usual.  Very pregnant and just not fit for company actually,” says Sam as she turns to see Pussy filming her and waving.  “Pussy’s waving at me to finish this interview and then I have to get back to training Ben.  Are you coming to Climax Control this week?  If so, I owe you a pub night.” 

“That sounds like a date then Ginge,” answers Ben.  “I will hold you to that S…”

The sound of the emergency test makes Sam jerk and drop the call.  Pussy stands up and moves to where Sam is standing.  “Are you ok?  Who was that?” she questions

“It was Ben tellin’ me about something that happened last week.  But that being said, I have to get back to trainin’ Pussy.  I am sorry but this interview needs to be over.  I will talk to you at Climax Contol,” offers Sam as she moves to the towel on the bench and picking it and the water up.  “It has been great talkin’ to you Pussy.”

Pussy watches as Sam makes her way towards the rack of dumbbells and grabs a pair to walk to the bench press where she sets the weights down to put her earbuds in again and presses play on her phone.  Pussy watches and then calls out.

“Good luck Sunday Sammi!”

Sam looks up and smiles with a wave to her friend as the scene fades.

Here we go once again.  A second match where I am main eventing a Climax Control.  Only this time it isn’t just any match…it is a match for the vacant Bombshell Internet title and it is a match that is really going to make the new champion earn the title.  A battle royal between nine competitors for the championship.  Can you believe it…someone up there must like me.

Now if you were to ask some of the others in the match, they would say that I have been given this opportunity because I am the favorite of the bosses.  Sam Marlowe, sweetheart of SCW being given another undeserved title shot.  Everyone seems to forget that I have done my best to earn my shots and you would think that being someone that has practically done it all here in SCW, I would be at least due some respect. 

I will tell you now that I am sure that everyone in this ring with me does have respect deep down but are hiding it very well as they put me down for the umpteenth time as a loser and undeservin’.  Here is the thing though…I have beaten some of the bombshells in the match and I have a historic rivalry with one.  So, the thing to do is talk about just why I am in this match. 

See, I have come back into SCW and I have decided that I needed to get back in form.  And in reality, getting back into that form means that I have to challenge some of the best in the company and those in the main event at Climax Control are some of the best in this division.  Each and every one of the Bombshells in the match deserve to be there and I am going to admit that hearing that I was included into this battle royal gave me a bit of a fangirl moment to think that I will be facing some strong competition.

That fangirling will not get in the way of me giving it my all to fight my way to the title at the end of the match.  I mean I could just coast in a corner to the end of the match and basically try to win by staying out of the radar of the others. 

Yeah, that ain’t gonna happen…

I suppose that now is the time that I address my opponents considering that they have probably talked about me already.  Let’s see…who to speak about first?  Oh I know…Ariana Angelos.  See, she was someone that has been a champion before and well she is looking for another title.  And before she used to be the fun loving, lovable goofball that everyone cheered but now I have seen her just change.  And not for the better if you ask me.  I honestly sit back and wonder just what crawled up inside her and turned her mean.  If I hadn’t seen what happened with Keira ending Sin, I would swear that thing infected Ariana.  I am sure she would say that she had learned her lesson about needing to be mean to make people realize that she is championship material but if you really want to be a champion Ariana, you don’t have to be that way.  You just have to be better that the others.  And I am sure you reminded everyone about how you eliminated me from Blast from the Past so kudos to you.  But this isn’t Blast from the Past and I am not that same Sam Marlowe.  If you beat me, they you have to be better than me and right now, I am getting into the groove with a win over another of my opponents.

That is right, Mercedes Vargas is in the match and she was my last opponent in the ring.  And it was also a main event mafch where I beat her in an electrified steel cage.  That match Mercedes wasn’t for a title but this time it is.  Historically Mercedes, we have traded title matches and title wins multiple times and this might just be another title that I will take from you.

Lets address the most dangerous woman in this match.  That is right, I am talking about Zoey Lukas.  She is a very competent bombshell who can win whatever match she is involved with.  After all, she won it all when she won the queen for a day match and was able to basically give herself a title shot which of course she did.  And when she did, I don’t know if you could say that she choked but in actuality, she might have bitten off more than she could chew in that match and well, in this match…it is another big bite that she is trying to take but when it comes to this kind of match, she just might be the favorite.  Not if I have anything to say about it because I am coming to beat each and everyone in the match, you included Zoey.

And let’s not forget Krystal Wolfe…someone that is on the road to redemption after she was possessed.  Given that you were Krystal, what does it say that now you are trying to bring yourself out of the dark and back to the light.  Yeah, at Into the Void you attacked me and you put me into a position where I wasn’t in a good place but then you let me stand back up.  That was your mistake Krystal.  Because you didn’t consider me worth your time means that I was an afterthought to you.   And that means that in this match you are going to underestimate me and that is going to be your second mistake.

Now let me address Luna…the bombshell whose crocodile mouth is writing cheques her canary rearend will have trouble cashing in the main event.  Yeah I haven’t faced you and so I don’t really know what you are capable of but then again, you have no idea what I am capable of.  See, you might not have looked into my history but in this match, I have a little bit more desire to win it and just because you are in the match and thus in my crosshairs, don’t let the fact that I was a late addition to the match fool you Luna…I deserve to be there.

Seleana…the last time I saw you in the ring, you lost.  Don’t get me wrong, you did put up a good fight but it was not your best performance.  And if you want to stand a chance this week, you need to put on your big girl pants and realize that none of us are going to go easy on you.  Heck, you have been a champion before and this title is within your grasp…sort of.  You have eight others that will prove you wrong. 

And last but not least…Tempest.  It seems when it comes to big challenges for me, there you are.  We haven’t faced off in a long time and I know you are probably thinking that with it being so long ago, I wouldn’t remember just how strong you are.  Trust me, I remember and I am going to be wary of that strength.  But I also seem to remember that the times we were in the ring against easy other, you tended to not be on the winning side of those matches and I am hopin’ beyond hope that remains the case.

So ladies, I nothing much else to say about this match.  The eight of you are very big blocks in my way.  But when it comes to this match, I am going to be burning with a desire to do something that I have yet to do and that is become a grand slam champion here in SCW.  That is right…the one title that has eluded me is the one title that I am challenging for in this main event on Sunday.  It is the one title I have yet to hold but I tell you this now and I mean it when I say that I will not let it slip through my fingers.

See you Sunday and best of luck trying to keep me down and out.  I am comin’ for the belt ladies and there ain’t nothin’ or no one that is goin’ to stop me from winning the Bombshell Internet title.