Author Topic: How to Tame A Monster  (Read 2670 times)

Offline TheLyonsDen

• View Profile
How to Tame A Monster
« on: October 06, 2023, 07:04:08 AM »
Opportunity knocks once again for Eddie Lyons. In his second Supercard appearance, he’s found himself blessed once again with a championship match, this time for the Internet Championship, which he felt was really more his speed since he could rely more on his own skillset and not have to worry about the random aspect of the Roulette Championship.

He also wouldn’t be coming alone. With the recent arrival of “Dragonborn” Keevee Kaiser, he now has his coach in his corner to support and guide him as he continues his SCW journey. It remains to be seen if Kaiser will be a blessing or a curse but he does have Eddies best interests at heart, and he arrived just in time to guide The Unbreakable One so this time he’ll be ready when he challenges for a championship.[/i]

7:00 AM on a Tuesday
The Fitness Oasis
Las Vegas, NV
Off-Camera

Coach Kaiser had made sure to get Eddie up early, and take him to one of the local gyms in Las Vegas. It was going to be a different change of pace from The Lyons Den, but traveling back to North Carolina every week just wasn’t feasible. The Lyons Den would be fine, they had plenty of trainers and staff to make sure it always ran smooth. Eddies uncle wasn;t the nicest person to be around, but he was smart enough to keep the family’s cash cow operating successfully.

Kaiser clapped in motivation as Eddie closed in for another lap.

“C’mon Eddie! Faster! Let’s Go!” he cheered as Eddie passed him, slowing down to a stop, “One Minute, fifty three seconds.”

Eddie took a moment to catch his breath.

“We’re pushing for a minute thirty.” Kaiser continued, “You’re gonna need that quickness against BRADDOCK.”

“I know..” said Eddie, “I just need a second to catch my breath.”

“I get it.” said Kaiser, “But BRADDOCK isn’t going to be letting you take any breaks in your match. He’s the type of guy whose sole goal is to destroy, and to cause that destruction by any means necessary.”

“I’ll be ready for BRADDOCK.” Eddie replied.

“I know you will.” said Kaiser, “But I want you to be more than ready. I want you to make an example out of BRADDOCK. I want you to turn the big scary monster into a cute little puppy. BRADDOCK is the type to rely on being big and intimidating, you need to take that away. Show him you’re not scared, be quicker and outmaneuver him and you’ll take him down no problem.”

Eddie took in a breath, followed by a gulp of water from his water bottle.

“Right.” Eddie agreed, “But he’s also going to be more dangerous I think, because he already lost one chance at the Internet Championship, he’s not going to want to fail again.”

“All that will work in your favor.” said Kaiser, “He’ll be too concerned about getting some sort of redemption, you’ll be able to catch him off guard. Remember this is going to gain you momentum going into the triple threat. You want that Internet Championship right?”

“Of course.” said Eddie.

“Then let’s go.” said Kaiser, “Another lap. Lets try for that minute and a half this time.”

Eddie was feeling the strain, they had been out here since five in the morning doing workouts, but he knew it was for the best. The Internet Championship was within his grasp, he could feel it, but first he had a monster to deal with. A monster that would have to deal with a hungry lion.

Taking in another breath, Eddie took off for another lap, as Coach Kaiser started the timer, their morning workout far from over.

7:37 PM on a Thursday
Exact Location Unknown.
Las Vegas, NV
On-Camera

As the cameras flicker on, we see Eddie wearing his game face, his coach standing behind him wearing a game face of his own. Behind them is a brick wall, and the air is thick and foggy.

“So, the next in line in the conquest of Eddie Lyons is the man called BRADDOCK.” Eddie begins, “I hear he’s not even a man, but a monster. One who thrives on delivering pain and punishment to feed their very being.”

Eddie smirks slightly, with a short light laugh to himself.

“I’ve never been afraid of monsters.” said Eddie, “Instead I wanted to be the hero. The one who stood up and defeated the monsters. To me they represented bravery and honor. They were who the people turned to in times of need, and most importantly they had respect.”

Eddie shows no fear in his eyes, as he continues to deliver his words.

“I have no reason to be afraid of you BRADDOCK.” Eddie continued, “My trajectory since my arrival has been more successful than yours. We both failed to capture championships sure, but since then I’ve rebounded, and even got a win over one of the top guys around here in Helluva Bottom Carter. Tell me, how did your match with HBC go?”

Eddie smirks again as he makes his last comment, Kaiser stands behind him nodding his approval.

“It’s because you're all piss and vinegar.” Eddie went on, “You put too much focus on strength, and don’t even realize you’re only strong in the physical sense. True strength lies in a True strength lies in a balance of physical power and mental agility. You may be able to overpower me, but you won’t be able to break my spirit. I will continue to come back again and again and AGAIN AND AGAIN! Until it drives you so crazy that you lose what little focus you had to begin with, and find yourself as the one being mauled by the Lion of SCW.”

Eddie pauses for a moment, glancing back at Kaiser who says nothing for a moment before taking his own moment to speak on behalf of his client.

“Are you listening to my student Mr. BRADDOCK?” Kaiser says, “Because you need to. See I’ve been a part of this business for a long time. I’ve seen guys like you before, they’re a dime a dozen. They’re big, they’re mean, they’re ugly and have a penchant for violence. But they have no substance, making them all come off as the stereotypical big dumb oaf. I’m not saying that’s what you are BRADDOCK, but in my opinion you have yet to really prove otherwise. Like Eddie said, you didn’t even beat Helluva Bottom Carter. Eddie did, and HBC is man who recently beat the WORLD CHAMPION, or former champion I guess it would be now with the whole championship being vacated deal. Point is, Eddie is the one with the better SCW resume between you two, so really it’s you who needs to be worried  because you’re stepping into the Lions Den at Climax Control, and you’re abut to find out why Eddie Lyons is the best new arrival in SCW. Not you, not Rodrigo, not The Rat Den, not Alexandra Calaway. Not anybody else who has made their SCW debut in the past few months. Eddie is the best of the SCW rookies and he’s proven it week after week since his arrival here, and now we”re going to cap it off by gaining momentum into his championship match, one that this time..he’ll be ready for.”

Eddie takes in a breath, nodding in agreement, feeling and even looking more confident as he listened to his coach put him over.

“I haven’t forgotten about Harris, or Kasey either.” said Eddie, “They both need to understand that when we get to High Stakes the Internet Championship will be coming home with me. I will be watching gentlemen, and I wish good luck to both of you. You two settle whatever you need to, I’ll worry about BRADDOCK for now, but come Supercard time…I’ll see you. Well..one of you.”

Eddie pauses again for a moment, Kaiser continues to allow his student to continue on.

“As for you BRADDOCK…” Eddie continues on, “What we’re trying to say is, you’ll need more than power to put me down. I am the rookie standard in SCW, you will be tested to see if you’re more than just muscles and a penchant for violence. Maybe that’s where your advantage is, in your violent nature. I personally never understand the whole deathmatch deal. I mean why would anyone want to do that to themselves? Why turn yourself into a bloody mess and make the ring look like a crime scene? It’s almost an insult to what I fight for inside the ring. The ring should be a place where grapplers showcase their grappling ability, but people like you have created this little circus side act. However it’s also all you will remain. A side act, catering to a niche audience.”

Eddie takes a moment again to catch his breath.

“You’re about to have a rough few weeks” said Eddie,”Because when we meet again after our upcoming encounter, you’ll have to suffer another loss to me when I capture the Internet Championship. I won’t need brute strength to get me there. I have honor, and a fighting spirit unlike any other on my side,and of course it’s always honor before glory.”

“See you soon big man.” said Kaiser with a slightly cocky tone.

1:13 PM on a Saturday
Cheyenne High School
Las Vegas, NV
Off-Camera

Eddie looked at the High School with curiosity, wondering why his coach had brought him here, any curiosity would quickly be squelched as Coach Kaiser motioned to the school as he explained.

“This is it. This is where it all started for me. My old High School” Kaiser explained.

“I thought you were from The San Francisco Bay Area?” Eddie questioned.

“I am, but I spent my High School years here, before moving back.” Kaiser continued, “The Bay Area will always be my home, but Las Vegas holds a special place in my heart too. I mean I got family out here as well, aunties, a brother, my only living grandparents, which at my age is amazing I still have a pair of living grandparents in generally good health for their age…I should probably visit them while I’m here…”

“You won a contest right?” asked Eddie.

“Yeah, your uncle Vincent ran some IWF takes over your school competition, which I won and later fandangoed myself into a full on contract with your uncles IWF.” Kaiser said with a laugh, “It doesn’t make much sense, but not much did back then, we were all still learning. From that whole crew it’s only really Aaron Asphyxia  and myself who continued on doing this, and even we sort of went down different roads, while still keeping in touch.”

“I didn’t get to know her well in PWE, but Aaron was a pretty cool boss.” nodded Eddie. “Sucks that her ex-husband is a douchebag.”

“That is none of your business.” said Kaiser. “Or mine for that matter. Our business is the Internet Championship.”

“Finn said he’s going to be watching the Internet Championship closely on X”. Eddie replied.

“Indeed he did.” said Kaiser, “And if it comes to it, we’ll have to handle it. But now is not the time to rile up a man like Finn Whelan.”

“Yeah okay….I get it.” said Eddie unconvincingly.

Kaiser knew it, but he let it go for now. Hopefully this wouldn’t be too much of a problem. The issue with Finn happened over a year ago in a different company, and it had folded before Eddie got a chance at redemption. So he did understand where Eddie was coming from, but at the same time knew he had to let it go.

“Anyway…tomorrow. BRADDOCK.” said Kaiser in a ill attempt to change the subject, “You’re ready for this right?”

“I hit my minute thirty goal the other day didn’t I?” Eddie replied

“With about seven seconds to spare.” nodded Kaiser.

“BRADDOCK doesn’t worry me. He wants me to be afraid, he NEEDS me to be afraid.” said Eddie, “We covered this. He’s big, he’s mean and he’s ugly but that about covers it. He won’t be able to do much past his power game and I’m sure he thinks that’s all he needs, but it already proved wrong against HBC, and it’s going to prove wrong against me as well. I’m the rookie standard around here, I’m what SCW looks for in it’s new talent.”

“Well, you’ve done The Lyons Den proud so far.” said Kaiser, “Your next goal, is to bring home a championship. No more of that it’s too early in your SCW career nonsense. You deserve it, and if you didn’t then SCW wouldn’t have granted you this opportunity.”

“And BRADDOCK will find out why I call myself Unbreakable.” Eddie nodded. “You’re right, it’s time for the next chapter in the story of Eddie Lyons, and this is the one where he wins his first ever championship.”

“And as always, he’ll have a dragon watching his back.” Kaiser nodded back.

“People ever get confused with the name?” asked Eddie, “Think you’re German or something, and not just referencing mythical beasts from stuff like Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire or Yu Gi Oh?

“Story of my life. Sometimes it's bread. ” Kaiser laughed, “Speaking of bread, c’mon lets get out of here. I’m getting hungry and Vegas has the best buffets.”

“Can’t argue that.” agreed Eddie.

And so the newly aligned duo in SCW would have their lunch, and later train some more. As confident as he was, Eddie DID have a monster to take down and he knew it wouldn’t be as easy as he was letting on, but it was all about building his own confidence, and hoping his words maybe get into the head of BRADDOCK somewhat.  He wanted to gain that momentum going into the championship match and wasn’t about to let even a monster like BRADDOCK stand in his way.