Author Topic: GOTH v HELLUVA BOTTOM CARTER  (Read 884 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
GOTH v HELLUVA BOTTOM CARTER
« on: December 04, 2023, 06:57:46 AM »
Please post all roleplays here! Have fun and good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Goth

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Gerrit
Re: GOTH v HELLUVA BOTTOM CARTER
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 04:25:42 PM »

A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To waste

“Welcome Gerrit for another session”

Says Janet as we see the shot open at the office of the personal psychiatrist of Goth, who has been treating him for the last few months since his visions and dreams had started to get the upper hand on him. He is laying on the sofa, while Janet has grabbed her pen and notebook to start making notes on their current session as well as going over some older stuff.

“How are you feeling today??”

She asks him, noticing that he is rather restless upon the leather sofa. She rises an eyebrow in curiosity before writing something down without asking him anything.

“I’m feeling like shit.”

Is his response, he had wanted so desperately to tell her that everything has gone great as of late. Only to realize that it was futile to lie upon his mental situation, everything upon the outside screams that he is a stressed individual. He leans upon one elbow, reaches over for the small table beside him as he grabs a glass of water and takes a sip from it.

“Tell me about it and please, take your time for what you want to share. It’s very important that we get to the essence of the problem.”

Goth places the glass back upon the table, drops back upon the sofa as he rolls his eyes before letting out a sigh. He takes a moment to think about everything that has happened the last week, trying to seek whether there is something that they could connect the dots upon in order to reach for a solution, if there is any.

“The first night after our last session me and Melissa went out for dinner, everything went great until…”

He takes a moment to think back at that moment, closing his eyes as he starts to relive the moment and shudders.

[color=limegreen “Until a waitress showed up that looked like a dead corpse while wearing my first wife’s necklace I once bought her.” [/color]

Janet writes down what he had told her before looking back up towards him as she responds.

“Can you tell me whether that specific restaurant holds a memory of significance between you and your first wife??”

Goth is silence for a moment, trying to think back whether he and his wife had been there before, only to shrug his shoulders in response.

“Not really, this restaurant has been only open for a year or so. So in my opinion that could not be it.”

Janet nods her head as she writes some more notes upon her notebook before addressing Goth once more without taking her eyes off the notebook.

“And that necklace you mentioned, was that the first time that you have noticed it?? Or is it possible that certain items keeps popping up??”

Again Goth is silent, taking in the suggestions and thinks back whether he could find a certain pattern that he could remember off.

“Well this particular item no, but I do remember that I have noticed either specific perfumes, but also clothing and jewellery.”

He gazes towards the psychiatrist with a questionable look on, waiting for her reaction in the hope of a possible breakthrough.

“I see…”

The response causes Goth to look puzzled, clearly he had not expected this response from her as he looks puzzled towards her.

“You see?? What does that mean??”

He leans upwards by using his elbows, allowing him to look at her more closely. She takes off her glasses as she looks back at him for a few moments before placing the notebook upon her lap.

“Well it is clearly a direction that we should investigate, but we should talk some more about this before I can give you a clear answer.”

Goth allows the answer to sink in, clearly realizing that he has reacted in a impulsive fashion. He leans back upon the sofa as he thinks about it for a few more seconds before turning his attention back towards the psychiatrist.

“Fair enough, I guess you are right. So what’s next??’

“Well first of all, can you tell me whether all of what you had mentioned hold a significant meaning for you or your first wife??”

He considers the question, thinks back at the necklace and it’s significance. Whether the other items or perfumes and realizes that all these memories do have a significant connection to important memories.

“They do, the necklace for instance was what she wanted to wear around her neck on the day of her burial….”

He says as he starts to choke between words, clearly the impact of the item has deeper roots to his past than what he could have imagined.

“Now this is interesting.”

She says as she writes more down upon the notebook before placing it down upon her office desk as she gets up from her seat, she walks around the office desk before sitting down upon the corner of the desk as she turns her attention towards him.

“Tell me about the conversation between you and her where she had made that request, is there anything that stands out for you that could explain why she was wearing that item in the presence of you and Melissa??”

“I….”

Goth wants to respond to her question, but ultimately he shuts down as he starts to think back at that moment. We see sweat pour from his face as his eyes are moving from left to right as if he was reading his own memoires concerning that specific moment. Trying to remember something that could connect the item towards him and his new wife Melissa.

“She always told me to follow my heart, to seek a special person in my life that could….”

He hesitates as he wipes a tear from his cheek, remaining silent for a few moments due to the intensity of the memory that he was reliving.

“That could??”

Asks Janet with a look of concern, reaching over behind her and grabs a napkin before handing it over towards Goth as he gladly accepts it.

“That could fill the void that she would leave in my life.”

He says after using the napkin to wipe the tears away before closing his fist around it due to shear emotion, taking a few deep breaths before he continues.

“But none of the other items that I could think off shares anything remotely into that direction as with that necklace.”

“Well that surely narrows the possibilities of having it all point towards you and Melissa, but tell me Gerrit. Are all these memories of items in a certain order??”

Goth looks puzzled towards her, clearly not understanding the direction that she is turning towards.

“What do you mean??”

“Well for instance, the first item that you can remember in those visions. Was that the first ever important memory that you and Chantal had shared together? Followed by the next item and so on?? Are all the memories in the same order as the visions?”

Again he starts to think back to every single memory and item, trying to connect the order of impact of the memories were in the same order as the visions.

“This may take a moment….”

He says towards the psychiatrist, who in response gives him a understanding smile as she gets off the desk. She grabs the glass next to Goth’s sofa as she has noticed that it was nearly empty. She walks over towards a refrigerator, pulls out a bottle of water and refills the glass before turning back towards him. Handing him the glass as she turns back to the refrigerator and fills a glass of her own before leaning against the wall besides it and takes a sip from the water.

“As far as I can remember there is a similar order to when the memories happened and the order of the visions. But…”

Janet smiles as she takes another sip before walking back towards her office desk and sits down upon the leather office chair. She grabs the notebook and looks back at previous notes as she nods her head.

“I cannot believe that I had not noticed this pattern from past visits Gerrit. In hindsight it is so obvious.”

“What is???”

Goth asks with a puzzled look on his face, obviously not able to connect the dots, staring at her with an insecure look.

“I have a feeling that Chantal is trying to show you that you should not be afraid to move on with your life with Melissa, but not having to worry about forgetting her.”

“I would never….”

Janet signals for him to be silent, causing him to close his mouth as the doubt is obviously visible upon his face.

“Look Gerrit, you need to learn to accept the fact that she has died. You have told me that you became an alcoholic in order to numb out the pain that you were going through.”

“I….”

“And then you met Melissa, fell in love with her without actually giving yourself time to accept the death of Chantal and move on.”

The words sink into his mind, allowing the tears to flow as he starts to realize what she is telling him is true. He lifts his hands towards his face, hiding the pain from his face as the tears start to flow rapidly. Finally coming to the conclusion that Janet could very well be right with her statement.

“I think you may be right, but what should I do next??”

She hands him his glass of water as he takes a sip after accepting it.

“We are going to discuss all the visions, dissect them and help you with the process with accepting the passing of Chantal in order for you to move on.

For The Love Of Goth

Reads some writing on a chalk board behind a seated Goth, who is wearing a satin long sleeved shirt and  pair of black leather pants. He is resting his elbows upon the table he is seated at while his hands rest underneath his chin, sporting a sinister grin upon his face. He slowly takes his left hand from underneath his chin, gesturing with index finger towards the camera to come closer.

“I thought it was time for me to educate you all in the psyche of the mad man.”

He lets both hands touch the table in front of him, spreading his arms to either side of the table as far as possible while lowering his head towards it. Letting the left side of his face touch the cold fabric of the table while still sporting that sinister smile.

“I am already guessing what your first thoughts must be, isn’t there any level I wouldn’t stoop to??”

He closes his eyes for a moment while rubbing the left side of his face up and down the table, letting out a sigh of relief before reopening them as he stares into the camera with that look of pure distain.

“But before I delve into my psyche, I first need to ask you all a simple question. What is your definition of madness?”

He pauses for a moment, slowly lifting his left hand towards his face and pushes some of the strings of long hair out of his face. He then digs the knuckles into the temple, gasping slightly as he feels the pressure digging into the sensitive part of his face.

“I know most of you would all agree that someone who acts, looks and behaves differently from the ordinary individual will fit the bill. Those who dare to stand out from a large crowd, merely because we dare to give you the middle finger against because of how boring you are?. I know we can have such a long discussion about this subject, yet the only thing we will agree upon is to disagree.”

“But that’s not what you have been waiting for to hear from me now is it?? Oh no, because your short term attention span won’t allow you to wait for the good part. Only because you need answers right now, but I guess you just need to be patient.”

He slowly lifts his face off the table, pushing his upper body from the table as he sits back up straight before looking over his shoulder to the board.

“Now of course you are pondering whether there is a hidden message behind these words, because who of you could truly LOVE the Messiah Of Pain?”

He lifts his hands towards his face, pushing his hair backwards before tying it in a pony tail as he spreads his arms into the air and leans his head backwards while letting out a groan.

“First of all, in order to receive love you ought to be able to give love. And to those who are incapable to understand the hidden message behind it already tells me that you are a hater, that you wish to deny people like me to be accepted in the realm of WHOM who giveth and taketh away. And I do not have to explain to you all at who I am referring to am I? Because none of you can be this ignorant.”

“But then again, I’ll gladly allow you to prove me wrong.”

He leans forwards before shaking his head in disbelief before turning his attention back towards the camera.

“For The Love Of Goth, a moment in my career that opened up so many different opportunities. It allowed me to grow, it allowed me to dig my psyche into that of my future opponents. Giving me the advantage what I needed to grow as a wrestler and a talker.”

“Yu see, there’s no hidden message. Nothing besdies the mere fact that I had a weekly moment in the Global Wrestling Alliance to sit down and talk to other wrestlers, allowing them to open up to me about the silliest things to very personal things. Without realizing that they all just walked into the trap that I had placed before their watchful eyes, yet always falling for it as the stupid individuals that they were.”

“But Goth, what does this got to do with your up and coming match against Helluva Bottom Carter? A question  that is already starting to anger you all isn’t it??”

He grins as he nods his head as he digs his fingers into the table and starts to drag his fingers across the rough fabric of the table.

“I guess you have already forgotten that I wanted to educate you haven’t you? Education is a key word into this whole subject, educating myself as well as the man that I have been wanting to  face ever since that Six Pack Challenge.”

“Or have you already forgotten that this was a thing??”

The look on his face has changed into a serious yet sinister stare, sinking his fingers deeper and deeper into the table.

“The man, yes I am referring you into the most respectful fashion that I could come up with Carter. The one single individual that managed to eliminate me from proceeding into the final three of the Six Pack Challenge, the one single individual that I had not crossed paths with since returning to Sin City Wrestling. And a man that I can honestly admit that I have underestimated during the Six Pack Challenge, a lesson well learned that I shouldn’t have.”

“A lesson that I have endured with inflicting punishment upon myself, not so much for being a masochistic individual though.”

The corner of his mouth rises slightly, winking at the camera for a few moments before letting out a sigh as his fingers finally relinquish its grip. He lifts his hands towards his face as he stares at the scars upon the palms of his hands before turning his attention towards the camera through the opening of his fingers.

“Punishment is a way to heal yourself through hurt, an art of self reflection that none of you have ever dared to consider. I guess weaker minds only prefer to showcase the positive over the negative. Yet Carter, does this make you uncomfortable with negativity??”

“BECAUSE I CANNOT ACCEPT WHAT HAPPENED!!!!”

He reacts with an aggressive fashion, balling his hands into fists as the colour of his hands turns pale white. His breathing increases through his nose before closing his eyes with authority in an attempt to calm down.

“It’s an education that I had to go through Carter, but it would be unfair towards you to say that all the blame is all upon me. It would not give the respect that you deserve, probably having to ignore the greatest moment in your young and talented career…. Yet, it was only short lived wasn’t it??”

“How things are so different, yet so similar. Both having to endure our very own momentum of eliminating another individual crushing down in front of our very eyes by a further elimination. Realizing that everything that we thought we had worked for has crumbled before our very own feet. And all we can do is blame ourselves isn’t it???”

“And yet, I cannot help myself for blaming you for what you have done.”

He digs his fingers against his face, grinding against his temple in an attempt to relieve some of his frustration.

“Selfish words oh I know!! It’s the weaker side to neglect your own mistakes and all blame another human being!! And yet I cannot help but wonder, what have you ever done to be included in that Six Pack Challenge?? Besides of getting the rub from our beloved World Champion J2H….”

He shakes his head before starting to scratch his fingers into the skin of his face.

“DOES IT ALWAYS HAVE TO BE ABOUT THAT MAN??!!!”

He silences for a moment, trying to regain his composure before lifting his hands upwards in an apologetic fashion

“Forgive me, it’s been just so emotional as of late. I have prophesised to the world that I would redeem myself. And yet, there’s always SOMETHING that needs to get in front of me. But I know why, it’s the path I need to travel to finally get to look into his eyes and take what I desire to be MINE!!! And you just happen to be the next in line Carter, your name was mentioned. A name that I never cared about, I never even considered taking liberty of appreciating. And now? Now you have all my fucking attention!!”

“Was that what you wanted?? Was that all worth it?? Because quite honestly my talented friend, you will regret the day that you even dared to eliminate me. Oh I know, strong words that needs to be backed up inside those ropes. But I have to beat you Carter, I HAVE TO!! I gave up the one sacrificial lamb to face you, to be the first name upon a list of many to be dragged through the mud of the path of shame that I have travelled. Three long years Carter, three FUCKING Years before I finally had the opportunity to hold that belt up high. And yet, you dared to direct all the attention from me upon yourself…. I have yet to have a good night sleep, I have yet to have a moment where I have not had your name burned upon these lips.”

He slowly drags his fingers towards his lower lip, rubbing across the dry skin of that what clearly has not tasted any liquids in quite some time.

“You have ever wondered what it would be like to have held the world title Carter? Of course you do, it’s the only thing that matters to you!! NAH AH!!! You are distraught of always coming up short, never having had that leather strap wrapped around your waist. Giving you the sensations of importance that you have been dreaming off…. You should be thankful after I destroy you this coming weekend. You should get down upon your hands and knees, beg for the Love Of Goth to continue!! Because it’s my deprived nature of yearning for my loved one!!!”

He lets out a sadistic laughter, suddenly tipping the table over upon it’s side as he gets up and rips the clothing from his chest. Revealing his bare upper body as he pounds upon his chest without any mercy.

“I have endured unthinkable mental pains!! I have suffered physical shortcomings ever since I beat Mark “The Dragon” Cross!! Because it confirmed to me the one thing that I have been knowing all along!! I am the one upon everyone should be worshipping!! I am the champion, but yet I need that belt to have you all acknowledge it!! And to have you stand in my way, a helpless and weak soul is pitiful to me”

“And why would I need to have pity upon you?? Because you think you are pure?? You are clean of mind and soul??”

He bursts out in an even louder laughter as he scratches his hands upon his face, showing the intense markings from his nails upon his skin before slowly subsiding.

“Everyone is born in sin Carter!! Everyone is born with the hope of being taught how to live!! How to respect the fellow man!! How to live in the presence of the Almighty One!! And yet you fail me, like everyone else fails me!! That’s why I mentioned your name Carter, because it needs to stop!! I took it upon myself.. MYSELF!! To be the teacher that you have never had!! You can claim that you have learned all the lessons in your wonderful wrestling school, but they only teach you how to wrestle… Not to fight. Not to survive, not to be down before pulling yourself up again and again!! I have been a mortal man once, a mortal man that to this day still needs to drag himself through the shameful thoughts of EVERYONE!!”

“And all you can ask yourself is why? Why Goth?? Why don’t you just claim your title opportunity against the man that holds it. Because it’s not because I am inferior to him, oh no… I see my task at hand as a beautiful pie. You start by cutting a piece out of the pie, partially satisfying the need to clench the yearning of more. But because of the elements of sugar, chocolate and the final cherry on top makes it impossible to stop until you get what you want.”

“Do you understand me Carter??”

He shakes his head in disbelief, grabbing his hands as he crosses his arms across his chest and lets out a primal scream before turning his attention back towards the camera.

“Don’t bore me Carter, don’t tell me that you will go out there and fight me. To give it me your all, proving why you beating me wasn’t a fluke. Because that’s what they all do, whether it is Jack Washington trying to tell the world he does not want to face me anymore, or the mere reflected painful expressions upon Austin James Mercer’s face while telling the world that he does not fear me. BECAUSE I AM LOVE!! NOT HATRED!!!”

“I am going to enter that six sided ring with you Carter, I am going to take all you got to offer. I will not take my eyes off of yours, I will lock you in every single wrestling hold that you may have ever been taught. And then I will be the essence of Saint Nick, whispering all your inner secrets inside your head that you have tried to hide form everyone else. And why Carter?? Because I am all knowing!! I am all loving!! And I am the one that shall not judge, even though I am the only one that can cast judgment upont he world!!!”

“Don’t be confused though because of what I have already spoken of, because the truth is confronting!! Like these hands that needs to dig deep inside your heart and soul, ripping away every sinful intention hat you have ever had!! I hope you will take these words seriously Carter, I hope and pray to myself that you will learn the lesson of life. That I will forever be better than you!! Because even though I may embark upon a disappointed moment in my life, but it’s only because I love you”

“Love Carter, not the physical love that you all yearn for, but the love of laying my hand upon your head and tell you all that it hurts me more than it will ever hurt you. And then I will drop all of your Sinful Obsessions into the canvas before covering you for the count of three. Because three is the key isn’t it?? Whether it is three days of being announced officially dead… three years of not having had that world title shot… or three seconds that will last an eternity. Three seconds where you can think back of every decision you have made, every mistake that crossed your mind… and everything that has crossed your mind that was wrong. I will heal you, I will heal you by merely hurting you in a way that will make that of what Austin James Mercer has ever done to you look child’s play in comparison.”

“In the end I will redeem your soul, in the end I will clear you from every disappointing moment that you have ever had in your life. In the end I will take away every single painful thought and make it mine, because in the end it is ME that needs to be healed. In the end it is ME that needs to ask for forgiveness, because you did not know what you have done my son. And in the end, I will have to beat the respect back into you like the all loving Father that I am. And do not think that I will not dare to lower my barriers to what people aren’t used to anymore. I will go old school upon you, I will make you a man like my father did with me. I will teach you respect in the oldest and most painful way of purity that YOU can imagine Carter. And in the end, I will make you thank me. Because then and only then your suffering will end, only then you will understand what I have gone through.”

“I will ultimately forgive you after the smoke has cleared and the dust has settled, I will make you forget about all the young kids who will look on in shock, because in the end the only thing that matters is my love. So in mere days Carter, your life will change for the better. And I will move on, take on another challenge until there is nobody else left for me to conquer than the false prophet.. but be thankful that I dragged you away from being nothing more than a mere wrestler, only to become a believer…. The first of many that has come in contact with The Love Of Goth…”

With that Goth drops his arms and stares into the camera before walking off as the shot slowly fades.
>

<span style="color:limegreen">First Ever Triple Crown and Grand Slam Winner and 2nd ever Grand Slam Winner</span>

Offline HBCarter

• The Hardcore Bottom
    • View Profile
    • Sin City Wrestling
Porch Pirates Pranked
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2023, 10:11:24 PM »
Turnberry Towers -
Las Vegas, Nevada

Carter McKinney aka Helluva Bottom Carter of Sin City Wrestling fame, was curled up on the flush sofa that dominated the central floor of the condo that he and his erstwhile boyfriend Miles Kasey now called home. Before Miles had consented to allow his boyfriend to ‘touch things up a bit,’ the decor could at best be described as bare minimum. A sofa here, a chair and table there – but nothing too elaborate or to boast about. Miles was simply a minimalist by nature and had grown accustomed to coming ‘home’ as it were to Las Vegas and had little use for the frills of too much decor. Why would he? He was comfortable at the time. But then Carter had moved in, and he and Miles had begun a passionate love affair with one another, one that was just as heated now as it was when it first had begun at the start of the year. And while Carter made no outright move to try and change anything about the condo because he knew it reality, it was Miles’s in name. However, on the flip side of the same coin, Miles himself decided his home was also now Carter’s, and Carter deserved to have his touch throughout.

Carter had spent a small fortune on the interior decorating, but he had successfully transformed a condominium into a palace, because in his own mind - Miles deserved no less.

And now while the cold Las Vegas winds whistled outside of the sixth floor of this high-rise, Carter’s focus was intent on the screen of the laptop that was propped up on his bent knees. While he busied himself with his task at hand, it all but went unnoticed when Miles himself walked past him, clearly in preparation for another jaunt to the Tower’s in-house gymnasium. Going up against a hated rival such as Austin James Mercer with his Internet title at stake, Miles was taking no chances as to the outcome. And for a little sweetening of the proverbial pot, Miles also happened to be wearing the outfit that never failed to capture his man’s attention; a hot pink muscle shirt that was open wide at the sides for a tantalizing glimpse of Miles’s sculpted upper body, and the light blue ‘short shorts’ that left little to the imagination save for the well toned backside Carter said even made God sit back to admire on the seventh day.

But this time, Carter’s focus remained on the laptop and the tasks at hand, both scrolling a particular website and speaking to someone on messenger all at the same time. It must have indeed been important because again – Miles walked back past him, this time passing the front of the sofa and he leaned over Carter to reach his keys that were in a conch-shaped dish, his ass practically in Carter’s line of vision if not his face entirely. And yet – nothing.

“Damn… forgot…” Miles stood upright and hurried toward the hallway that led to the two bedrooms of the abode, before returning with his gym bag. Miles again passed by and stumbled, dropping his keys from his fingers and he bent over at the waist, right at Carter’s side and when nothing happened – no dirty words or not even a gratuitous grabbing of the ass, Miles stood upright and turned around to directly address his man.

“Alright, what is going on?” Miles demanded, finally catching Carter’s attention enough for him to look up and almost feel like he had somehow done something wrong.

“What is it?” Carter asked, caught off guard and completely bewildered. “Did I do something?”

“No,” Miles answered with a playful frown, having grown all too accustomed to his boyfriend being quite unable to keep himself from laying hands on him at every golden opportunity. Miles went on to say further, “And that’s the problem.”

Carter looked around as if he were completely lost and then back up at an expectant Miles and he shrugged his slim shoulders, shaking his head without comprehension.

Miles rolled his eyes, all too used to  Carter’s wanton attention focused on him from head to toe and to not even get a single reaction had given Miles slight cause for concern. He leaned over and placed his hand on Carter’s forehead, asking, “Are you sure you’re feeling alright?”

Carter laughed, despite his confusion, swatting Miles’s hand from his head and he sat up straighter, saying, “I’m fine! What’s wrong with you?”

“You could give a man a complex, you know.” Miles pouted, jetting out his bottom lip past the point of no return. “I’m wearing those shorts you love so much and nada. No playing ‘grab ass’, nothing! I’ll bet you didn’t even notice.”

“Oh I noticed alright.” Carter said, side-eyeing those aforementioned shorts. “You really shouldn’t wear boxer briefs beneath booty shorts though.”

Miles looked down to the shorts and yes indeed, one could see his undergarments peeking out of the legs of those shorts. Miles looked back up and in his haughtiest tone, said, “In my defense, the last time I didn’t wear anything under these, I never made it to the gym, you walked funny for a week and I almost had to be hospitalized for dehydration!”

“Ahh, I see!” Carter replied with as much playfulness as he could muster to match Miles’s own. “So it’s a matter of self preservation?”

“Exactly!” Miles replied. Carter winked playfully at him and Miles then took a step closer and peered over his boyfriend’s shoulder and the laptop screen. “What has you more entranced than me own arse, might I ask?”

“I’m just finalizing plans for catering Christmas dinner.” Carter said as he hurriedly typed a response to the one whom he had been negotiating with. “I was pretty surprised that so many professional caterers were working on Christmas.”

“Why are you hiring a caterer?” Miles asked, his hands on the armrest of the sofa. “You did incredible on your Thanksgiving party. Everything turned out perfect!”

“Yeah you just said the key word.” Carter spoke from the corner of his mouth, heightening his sarcasm. “‘Perfect’. Miles, if you actually think I don’t know what was going on every time I had to try and sneak out of the kitchen for one thing or another, you don’t know me half as well as you think you do!”

“What are you talking about?” Miles asked innocently enough, but one Carter was unable to buy as it were.

And see, this is where we make use of one of those wonderful storytelling devices known as the flashback. Because 22 days prior was the holiday in which we as Americans celebrate being thankful for what we have. Ironically 24 hours before we trample one another to death for much desired sales items…

Carter had insisted, laying down the rule that everyone was to stay out of the kitchen as he wanted to prepare everything for their Thanksgiving Day feast on his own. His way of giving thanks for his friends, family and loved ones for all that they had done for him in mutual showings of support over the past year. Of course, there was just one small problem with this wish…

Carter could prepare basic meals such as chili, meatloaf and the like, but a full Thanksgiving feast? Whether he would care to admit it or not, that was just a touch out of his realm of expertise. He would never admit it but he was struggling to keep up in preparing multiple dishes and was feeling overwhelmed, but every offer of help was steadfastly refused.

Shoot! Carter had to use the restroom and rushed out of the kitchen, pausing only long enough to make sure everyone knew to stay out of the kitchen. Once the bathroom door shut, Carter’s beloved Grams stood up from where she was sitting beside her daughter and Ariana and she hurried into the kitchen and opened the oven door. With a pair of tongs in her hand, she stuck them into the back end of the turkey and pulled out the small pouch of giblets from inside the bird. She quickly disposed of them in the wastebasket beneath the kitchen sink and managed to return to her seat just before Carter had resumed his duties.

Back in the present,  Carter nonchalantly said to Miles, “Then there was the point when I had spilled the wine on my pants and had to run and change…”

And back to Thanksgiving Day when Carter has ran as fast as his feet would carry him into the bedroom to change, and this time Carter’s mom had gotten up and ran into the kitchen where she grabbed the turkey baster and opened the oven door, dousing the bird in its own juices, a chore her son had been woefully neglecting in the cooking…

Carter paused in what he was doing on the laptop to look up in recollection, adding, “And of course there was the time I am pretty sure one of them was in the kitchen when I was coming back from the spare room with the wine glasses….”

How could Carter have forgotten the new set of wine glasses he had procured just for this day alone? And luckily with enough to even accommodate their extra guest, Harper Mason. He had just turned the corner when a frantic Miles did the only thing he could think of to keep Carter from finding Ariana in the kitchen, beating the lumps out of the mashed potatoes! Miles grabbed him the moment he turned the corner toward the living room and just planted the biggest, wettest, and most passionate kiss on his boyfriend that he had ever - just long enough to watch over Carter’s shoulder until Ariana beat a hasty retreat and Miles finally released Carter, leaving Carter both breathless and temporarily unable to remember what he had been doing!

“I didn’t hear you complaining.” Miles smirked, standing over Carter who just looked back over his shoulder and up at the love of his life.

“You stole my gum.” Carter said in an accusing tone, then looked back down at the laptop. Miles sighed and he admitted, “We didn’t do it because we didn’t trust you, babe. We did it because you wanted so bad for the day to be perfect and…”

“I know.” Carter finished his thought. “You were just trying to help me. And I appreciated it, I really did. I know I’m not the best cook in the world but I had to try. And the fact that everything turned out perfectly told me enough that I didn’t do it alone.”

Carter again shared a knowing look with Miles who could not help but smile at Carter’s own sense of self teasing. Miles nodded knowingly toward the laptop, saying, “Don’t hire the caterer,  Carter. You can do it - only this time, you’ll let everyone help who wants to.”

Carter exchanged brief glances between Miles and the messenger exchange with the caterer, sighing and saying, “Fair enough, I guess.” He started to type his final reply to the caterer when the soft ping alerted Carter’s attention to his email alert. His eyes shifted toward the message and he smiled in delight, “Great! My package just got dropped off!”

Mile groaned, “Babe, what did you order THIS time???”

“Never you mind!” Carter replied, indicating that whatever it was, it was quite possible it had much to do about Miles and Christmas and bringing the two together. Carter then asked, “Can you grab it off the step for me before you head to the gym?”

Knowing better than to argue the merits of online shopping with his amazon-addicted boyfriend, Miles acted dutifully and proceeded to the door where he opened it and looked down and found – nothing. Miles leaned out into the hall and looked both left and right and nada. Zilch! Miles stepped back inside and called out, “Carter, there’s nothing here!”

“Oh no, not again!” Carter’s voice came from the foyer and he soon came running. “I opened the email and there was a snapshot of the package at our door!”

“Porch pirate again?” Miles asked, to which Carter mournfully stated, “That’s the third package this week! I talked to other tenants an d they’ve been missing packages too!”

“So it’s someone in the building.” Miles pointed out, and Carter groaned, running his fingers through his hair. He growled audibly, and Miles knew the proverbial wheels were beginning to turn in that head of his. You could do many a thing to his man but mess with his shopping? That, to Carter, was simply unforgivable!

Carter took a deep breath and blew it out through pursed lips and surprised Miles, opening his eyes and looking at him with a calm smile. “Never mind.” Carter said simply. “You go to the gym. I’ll take care of this.”

“Carter?” Miles began warily, knowing his boyfriend had readily earned the status of a Slytherin for a reason. “What are you…?”

“Just go to the gym.” Carter repeated. “Everything will be fine.”

A narrow eyed gaze fixed on Carter, Miles reached down for his gym bag and he proceeded to the front door after a quick kiss. Before he closed it behind him, Miles gave him the “I have my eye on you” fix with his fingers and finally the door closed behind him. Only then did the smile on Carter’s face falter and morph into something a touch more twisted. He spun around on his heel and casually walked up the hall and toward their shared bedroom…

And moments later he emerged, carrying a small box-shaped device in one hand, and an empty UPS box in the other. The device has a small camera hole on each side, and the top had what appeared to be a fan embedded in the surface. He set both down on the surface of the bar counter in their home and he proceeded to get to work. He reached into the UPS box and removed two tubes of glitter and with a manic, gleeful look in his eyes, he proceeded to dumb both vials of glitter into the fan…

“So, what was all that about?” Miles asked as he set foot inside of the condo, shutting the door behind him. Fresh faced from another proper workout, Miles walked into the foyer where Carter was sitting at the bar, his eyes glued to the screen of the laptop.

“Hm?” Carter murmured but he wasn’t distracted enough not to give Miles the desired kiss from over his shoulder. “What was what about?”

“Don’t play coy with me.” Miles warned as Carter’s eyes continued to remain on the screen which was curiously dark. “I know you well enough to know when you’re up to some deviousness. It’s one of the things I find so hot about you.” And that little nugget of information got a smile from Carter before Miles nodded toward the screen.

“So, you going to tell me what’s going on?” Miles asked. “What mischief have you cooked up this time?”

“Was there a package on the doorstep when you came home?” Carter asked ominously, answering a question with a question. Miles frowned and replied, “Another package? No?”

“Perfect!” Carter smiled and he waved with his hand. “Pull up a seat and park that beautiful ass. We’re about to get a show.”

Knowing Carter well enough to know he meant what he promised, Miles pulled a stool up closer to his side and had a seat, watching the screen of the laptop more closely. Only now could he see closely enough that it seemed something on the screen was moving, dark - but moving.

“What is this?” Miles asked.

“Something I’ve been saving up for ever since packages started disappearing in the building.” Carter answered. “I’m taking no chances.”

Miles then turned back and now he and Carter could just barely make out voices on the screen. As time progressed, the voices became more prominent… familiar.

“You got another one?”

“Yeah, that guy orders more from amazon than the rest of the building combined!”

This accusation caused Miles to turn his head and nod toward Carter as he often teased him about the very same.

“What’s in it?”

“I don’t know, I haven’t opened it yet you n00b!”

“Guys, maybe we should stop. What if we get caught?”

“Stop being such a bitch, Kevin!”

“Kevin…?” Miles frowned, knowing that name and the voice slowly coming into place at the forefront of his mind.

“Yeah, we got that guy’s new iPad, didn’t we?”

Carter slapped the counter in anger, sharing a brief and knowing exchange with Miles.

“Just open it already!”

“What are you three boys up to NOW???”

That voice…. “Karen!” Miles growled through clenched teeth. He would know those dulcet tones anywhere!

“Wait…” Carter said. “That’s…”

“Karen’s kids!” Miles said. “They’re the porch pirates!”

The screen suddenly lit up as the package was opened, and you saw three boys looking down into it as if their faces were stuffed collectively into the camera. Then the fourth face peered in between them, and indeed it was Karen Chapman, Miles’s arch nemesis as it were! And suddenly there was the sound of a whir starting and suddenly there was a cloud of glitter spewing up from within! The boys started shouting and scattering and they could hear Karen screeching from clear upstairs, let alone on the laptop, as everything around them had been consumed in glitter!

Miles leaned back with wide, impressed eyes and turned that wide-eyed stare to his boyfriend.

“I know, I know!” Carter said. “Slytherin!”

Tucson, Arizona - Winterhaven

When told that the final SCW Supercard pay-per-view would be taking place in Tucson, Arizona, HBCarter jokingly asked what there was to do to pass the time in Bedrock, teasingly comparing the desert city to the desert city made famous in the Flintstones. Not wanting to just sit inside their hotel room during their entire stay during Super card weekend, Carter did a little research and found there was one holiday tradition that was made famous during the Christmas season;

Winterhaven Festival of Lights.

Winterhaven was a neighborhood in Tucson but one that at this time of year, made headlines for their dramatic and festive display of lights. Light displays so dramatic and elaborate that they were dazzling to the eyes and remembered the year round. This was where we would find Carter as he casually strolled about amongst not just the people of this city, but he had spotted a random SCW star or two who had obviously done their research as well and arrived at the same conclusion as he.

“December 2 Dismember V. The final event of the calendar year, and I find myself in something of a conundrum. You see, for the past few Super card events, I had started to feel overlooked in the eyes of the hierarchy. I mean, let’s face it. I haven’t exactly been given reason to think the match makers have been looking toward me favorably. At Summer XXXTreme XI, I was going to be left off the show completely until Jaycee Macdonald accepted my open challenge at the very last possible second. And at Violent Conduct IX, they didn’t even make the attempt. I checked the lineup and I just wasn’t on it. And if I’m going to be honest…”

Carter shrugged his shoulders.

“It was at that point I was seriously beginning to think maybe I needed a break from wrestling because if they were just going to overlook me, then I wondered if I should even bother. And then a little something called fate came a calling. I got booked, but in a non-title match against none other than Michael Harris, not only the reigning World Champion but also probably the biggest asshole in the sport at the time. I don’t know why I was chosen to get placed in the ring against him. I guess maybe they thought the champ could use a tune up match before he ultimately dropped the ball against J2H. He had to be booked but could use the night off so they looked around and saw my pretty face.”

Carter stopped at one particular display of lights that were crafted to look like fountains erupting up into the air.

“Only, things didn’t quite work out the way the higher ups expected, or Michael Harris himself thought possible. Because I did the unthinkable. I beat the champion. I was the only other person besides J2H to pin the shoulders of Michael Harris down, and well… we all remember what happened after that. Michael couldn’t handle the humiliation, went off the rails and we ended up with the need to fill a championship vacancy! And the bookers didn’t have much choice but to enter me into that World title match at High Stakes XIII, considering my win was the catalyst for Harris’s meltdown and the need for a new champion. Just myself and five other men, and no. I did not win. I did not walk out of Las Vegas as the World Champion but…”

He held up a forefinger.

“I like to think I did myself proud anyway. Yes, I was unhappy that I put myself into position to get eliminated by Alexander Raven, but I got one small consolation prize. I was the third runner up, and to get there I eliminated the man many were expecting to make it to the final two - Goth. The very same man that I’m facing this coming Sunday in what I suppose is a rematch of sorts in the eyes of the fans and matchmakers. But really, I think there’s more to it than just seeing a one on one rematch and to find out if my eliminating Goth was a fluke given the chaos of the Six Pack match – or if I could pull it off one more time and drive home the fact that I am here, and I am not going anywhere!”

Carter finally tore his eyes away from the light display to move on to the next when something else caught his eye. A small cart stand that was selling hot drinks in the cold, December night. With the SCW stars so used to the Las Vegas heat over the year, it was quite surprising that a desert could get so cold at night. The temperature now was just over fifty and Carter welcomed something hot to warm up with. He handed the cash over to the older woman at the stand and was gifted with a steaming cup of hot cocoa.

Carter took a grateful sip and gifted her the change as a tip before moving on.

“Now this is where things get interesting between Goth and myself, and I don’t mean the fact that he’s a member of the Saviors whom I’m on fairly good terms with - mostly with Mac Bane, Kat Jones and how could we forget Whisper? But I’m getting away from myself. You see, it was only recently where Goth met Austin James Mercer in a match to determine who would be next in line after Alexander Raven to challenge for the World Championship. And wouldn’t you know? Goth came out on top of that one, and now he’s set to meet whoever wins between J2H and Alexander Raven, the runner up of the Six pack match. But this is what confuses the hell out of me!”

“Word was that before December 2 Dismember V, Goth was to get his shot at J2H and the winner moved on to defend against raven. But then Goth became the first guy I ever heard of that passed up a shot at the World title, preferring to wait until the new year to get his chance! I mean, can you even imagine being offered a shot at the biggest prize in this sport and saying ‘No thanks, maybe next time?’ No? Me either! But that is exactly what you did, Goth, and one of these days I hope you can explain to the world why.”

“But passing up the chance at the title on the ‘Going Home’ show did nothing to change the fact that Goth IS the top contender for the gold, and he’s the man that I’m facing this Sunday. Now don't et me wrong. I'm not even looking past Goth to make a statement that needs to be made on my own behalf. I am not THAT stupid! Look past Goth and think he's an easy target and you're as good as dead inside of that ring. The man is nothing short of a certifiable legend in this business, and despite the hints that he has dropped every now and then, from the outside looking in, I don't see him slowing down any time soon. In fact, no matter who walks out of Tucson as the champion, I would place my bets on Goth being the one to dethrone whoever the champion is! That is..."

He took a drink of the hot cocoa, the cold air bringing it down to that perfect temperature as he passed under a decorative arch that read 'Candy Cane Lane'.

"Unless I get to the new champion first.  Because right now, whether Goth is the 'official' number one contender or not to me is irrelevant in this match. If I beat Goth, if I can beat a former World Champion of SCW and just about every other promotion that he's worked for -- if I can pin the shoulders of this Hall of Famer -- then it just might be me facing the World Champion first, whoever he might be."

Carter turned round and this time faced the camera directly.

"Goth, friend or foe, Savior or not..."

"I am not going to be left behind. I am not going down. 2024 is going to be my year -- and it is going to start with the end of 2023. Best of luck, Goth."

He raised the cup of cocoa in a toast.

"This is going to be an epic start to new beginnings!”

That being said, carter then calmly turned back around and passed the arch, the camera trailing upwards into the sky and focusing on the Winterhaven lights before slowly fading out.

"The bravest thing you can be is yourself."