Author Topic: Redemption goes through me  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Goth

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Gerrit
Redemption goes through me
« on: September 07, 2023, 01:51:18 PM »
Manhattan, New York

Tick Tock

It’s 4,25 am as we are in the bedroom of Goth and Melissa, the latter is fast asleep as Goth is staring at the ceiling of the bedroom while trying to fall asleep. He is usually a deep sleeper, but his last encounter against Bill Barnhart has caused him to feel so much agonizing pain in his body that he has not felt from competing in the ring in a very long time. He turns his head sideways towards Melissa, we see the swelling underneath his right eye has already subsided quite a bit in comparison from the moment he exited the arena after his match. He smiles at the sight of his wife, looking as if she is a guardian angel for him but knows how capable she can be inside the six sided ring. He slowly turns his head towards the ceiling once more, a grimace can be seen on his face as the movement causes his neck muscles scream in agony.

Goth: For fuck sakes….

He whispers as his eyes turns towards the clock for the seemingly millionth time this night as he sighs once more, realizing that only a few minutes had passed since the last time. He slowly pulls off the bedsheets of his body, remembering how they clung to his body on the first night after the Super Card as the sheets clung on to his body due to the cuts and wounds. He tries to sit up very slowly, trying not to wake his wife as he sits upright or at least trying to. His body tenses as he hears Melissa groan and turn around inside their bed, but sighs of relief as he recognizes her movements when she is asleep.

The coldness of the cool air comes in contact with his skin while his feet come in contact with the floor, causing him to shiver as he gently tip toes out of the bedroom. He grabs one of his shirts that were hanging on the top of the bedroom door before putting it on, cursing at himself afterwards as he feels the pain on his body scream at him.

Goth: It’s the best part of the industry they say…..

He says with a mocking look on his face as he walks towards the kitchen, opening the refrigerator door and looks for something to drink. Ultimately he grabs a can of water and pours some if it in a glass before closing the door behind him and takes a sip while turning around. His eyes slowly start to wander around the kitchen as his eyes slowly start to get used to the darkness.

He slowly walks over towards the kitchen table and sits down, he looks up at the refrigerator as he notices the card his son had sent them after he had gone home from the Summer XXXTreme cruise ship. He was so enthusiastic about him and Melissa marrying each other that he had been unable to sleep until the moment arrived. Goth closes his eyes as he takes another sip from the cold glass of water, thinking back at the moments that he and his now wife spent with each other during the second week when his son went back home again. They had rekindled some moments with the other members of the Saviors, reliving some old memories and share stories about what he had missed during his time of rehab. It was at that moment he started to feel that itch once more. Realizing that he was so close to compete once more that he could almost taste it.

He had stood backstage during the main event match, where he watched J2H once again win the championship that he has held for a record time in the past, that brought a sour taste in his mouth as it brought back memories of him having to step out of the Blast From The Past tournament due to an injury.

Goth: How long do I need to be tormented by this!!!!!

He hisses between closed teeth, the anguish is clearly still being read from his face. Realizing that until that moment he had been unbeaten so far in 2023, worn the SCW Roulette title that he had to relinquish without ever being beaten for it. Not that the championship really bothered him that much, no the feeling of him and Kim Pain to be ousted out of the tournament as one of the main event winners sure bothered him. They had not been beaten, they had not been eliminated from the tournament by anyone… only by him.

Goth: I guess I had forgotten what it is like to suffer isn’t it??

A smirk emerges upon his face, both of his hands are tightly wrapped around his glass as he starts to squeeze it without him even noticing it. He suddenly looks down as he notices his hands start to tremble, causing him to push back the chair from the table as he puts his hands to his face as he starts to breath heavily

Goth: Why?? Why am I being so tormented???

He is quiet for a moment before a sudden change in demeaner in his face emerges as he starts to laugh softly.

Goth: Because your suffering is THEIR suffering my friend….,

He plants both elbows upon the table as he drives his knuckles into the temples of his face, trying to regain composure as his breathing starts to slow down

Goth: I must not lose my mind….

He inhales a few times before grabbing the glass of water with his right hand, he feels the coolness come in contact with his skin as it has a positive influence on him before taking a sip. The kitchen remains silent for a moment as he enjoys the cold water, sensing the sweat slowly to evaporate as he finally leans back into the chair after finishing the drink.

Goth: It’s time to get back to bed

He whispers as he slowly starts to rise from the chair, groaning softly as he feels the agonizing pain upon his muscles that causes him to grimace. Noticing his wife standing in the doorway of the kitchen after turning around, causing him to admire her beauty as she is wearing a nightie that leaves not much to the imagination. He watches her walk up to him, wrapping her arms around his body as the two embrace with each other for a few moments before giving each other a soft kiss

Melissa: Let’s go handsome

She smirks as she grabs him by the hand and guides him back to the bed, His eyes follow her every single movement. She turns herself around to face him as they re enter the bedroom, never taking her eyes off of him as she guides him to their bed. He witnesses her bump against the bed before slowly and seductively fall to her back while sducing him to follow her as he obviously cannot resist in doing.

A few hours later we find Goth and Melissa once again in bed, Melissa sleeping in an intimate embrace of his arms while Goth looks up at the ceiling. His thoughts run back to the moment of intimacy they had shared a few moments ago, reliving every kiss, every caress and so much more. A smile comes across his face as thinks back of how much he enjoyed driving her crazy with desire, something he had remembered from…..

Goth: What the???

Goth is suddenly interrupted in his thoughts as he believed he had heard something, quickly he looks at his wife as he realizes that she is still with him while sleeping. He gently places a kiss on her forehead before untying her arms from him as she somehow remains asleep, something he had not experienced often.

Goth shakes off the thought as he hears another sound, quickly he tip toes out of the bed and remembers the baseball bat he once had received from a charity baseball game in New York. He grabs it and slowly moves towards he door, he quickly looks over his shoulder towards his wife to see if she remained asleep before reaching over the doorknob of their bedroom door. He feels his heart pumping as his breathing increases, he tries to collect his thoughts before opening the door. He steps into the room, slowly noticing how the room temperature has increased. He looks past the door as he notices a warm glow surrounding the room.

Goth: What the??

He suddenly hears the distinguished sound of a needle coming in contact with a record as he hears some cracks from the sound boxes he thought he had taken of many years ago. When suddenly he hears one of his favourite Sammy Davis Jr records start playing, he quickly turns to the music as he remembered how fond his first wife was of this record. Causing memories to come over him as he stiffens when he notices a figure seated on the coach in front of a

Goth: Fireplace???

He then suddenly notices how different his living room looks like to merely a few hours ago, it makes him blink a few times before realizing that this isn’t his home at all…. He looks back to the bedroom he had came from and notices that everything around him has changed as he looks at a familiar painting he had bought over fifteen years ago with his first wife, a painting he knew that now hung at the wall of his mother’s house.

Goth: What is going on around here???

He whispers softly before turning his attention back to the figure that had not moved while staring at the fireplace in front of her. A fireplace he realized was very familiar as he takes a few steps closer towards what appears to be a woman. He sees her taking a glass of wine to her mouth as he watches her lips part so she could take a sip from the glass, causing him to notice a wedding ring that he hadn’t seen in many years

Goth: Chantal???

The sound is nothing more than a whisper, but it was loud enough for the woman to turn around and gaze him in the eyes. Only to have the mood change into mere horror as the side he had been able to see resembled the facial features of his wife, while the other part of her resembled of a dead corpse.

Chantal: Hello Gerrit, why don’t you join me?? It has seemed like ages you have held me….

And there his heart stopped beating for a moment or two, the sweet angelic voice of his first wife touched his soul, while the mixture of disgust quickly follows as his senses detects the mixture of the corpse intwine the sweet voice. This angers him as he remembers the baseball bat he was holding in his hand, but suddenly realizes that it is gone as he tries to squeeze his hand around it.

Goth: What the???

His gaze momentarily is being diverted from the creature that is still seated on the couch to his hand, a hand that is pale white due to it still squeezing tightly around a baseball bat that isn’t there anymore. Thinking that his eyes are deceiving him, not sure how this is possible as he suddenly hears a voice

Melissa: Gerrit? Wake up!

Goth’s eyes snap open all of the sudden as he is inside his bed once more, his body is trembling and sweating as he looks around the bedroom until his gaze meets that of Melissa. Looking into the concerned eyes of his wife as he quickly wraps his arms around her neck and kisses her gently.

Melissa: Are you alright?? You were trembling all over in your sleep.

Goth thinks back to what apparently was a dream, a dream that looked and felt so real and yet so unreal at the same time. It takes him a few moments to digest all that what he had “dreamt” about before letting out a sigh before turning his attention back to his wife.

Goth: I had a dream where I thought I heard a burglar in our house, only to come face to face with

He stops mid-sentence, still not believing what he had seen

Goth: Chantal…..,,

The words come out of his mouth as unbelievable as the look on his face reveals that he is still in shock, the concern on Melissa’s face as well as her questions does not even register to him as he is staring into the void. Trying to register what has transpired before.

Melissa: Gerrit? Are you listening to me?

Goth suddenly snaps out of the void that he was in, causing the entire surrounding to crash down upon him as the concerned voice seems like a million screams. Causing his face to tremble in fear as sweat is pouring from his face as he stares into the face of Melissa. And yet he notices a difference, suddenly he notices a woman standing in the doorway behind her.

Melissa: Gerrit??

Goth: What???

The female that is obviously another ghostlike memory of his diseased wife has vanished, allowing him to suddenly notice his wife. He wraps his arms around her neck.

Goth: I’m scared that I’m going crazy Mel…,

He pushes his face into her shoulder, allowing the tears to flow from his eyes as he continues to tremble in fear. He feels her arms wrap around his neck as Melissa caresses his hair and the back of his head while telling him that everything will be alright. Words that he is hoping that will come true. The two of them remain in this embrace for a while, causing his heart to slow down as his shaking slowly subsides. After ten minutes of silence Goth finally becomes calm once more as he looks up from Melissa’s shoulder and stares with his bloodshed eyes around the room. Noticing that everything has returned to normal, except for the creature that had made him believe it was his first wife is now standing in the doorway once more. This time Goth does not turn into shock as his curiosity overcomes the fear and disbelief that had struck him the first time. He noticed the facial attributes upon the skin that resembles the face of his dead wife is giving him a loving look, while the skeleton features resembles nothing more than darkness and hatred before it all of the sudden vanishes altogether as Goth hears Melissa whisper into his ears.

Melissa: I love you Gerrit

Goth: I love you too…..

He answers with a tear flowing from his cheek as he embraces his wife as the shot fades.

Chapter: The King’s court

Goth can be seen sitting upon a lounge chair, wearing a bathrobe while holding on to the mask that he brings to the ring during his entrances. We see Marks upon his face that reminds us from his Dog Collar Match he had against Bill Barnhart at Violent Conduct only a few weeks ago. His finger tips gently rubs across the fabric of the mask as he stares at it with dark interest.

Goth: People often say that it takes a King to know a King.

He says with a low tone upon his voice, not taking his eyes off the mask as the dark holes seemingly stare back at him.

Goth: It’s our annual King and Queen for a day opportunity to create a card for the viewing pleasure of our beloved fans. But let’s not kid ourselves people, it’s only an excuse for the King and Queen to jump the line and award themselves what we all deem to be ours… A world title shot isn’t it??

He cocks his head sideways for a moment as he stares at the thin wiring upon the back of the mask that holds everything together.

Goth: And we all assume that royalty embodies the ability and ambition to secure the fate of themselves and others by dictating the direction we all need to go. And I guess that fate falls upon you and me too doesn’t it Alexander??

He turns his head back to the position where it was a few moments ago as he stares at the front of the mask once more. We see some of the scars upon the open spot of his robe that isn’t covering his chest from his war a few weeks ago. Slowly heaving and falling with every breath that he is taking while admiring the mask.

Goth: and yet I need to sadly disappoint you Alexander, disappoint you with the notion that I do not embody myself to be an obedient person to a higher power. As if one truly exists  upon the realms that I walk upon, but hey…. I am willing to play along, as enticing as it sounds for those who have zero imagination of who the fuck I truly am. The man that embodies a Kingdom beyond YOUR wildest dreams… and all you have to do is….. Believe…

He closes his eyes and shakes his head for a moment before turning his attention back to the mask.

Goth: You tried to become a king, even if it was merely for one single day Alex. Where you had to climb a ladder and reach for the goal that would have changed YOUR destiny when it comes down to what your fortune could be. And yet, you failed…. How did that feel my friend?? It must have been such a burden that you crumbled underneath the pressure of lets face it your own expectation. Just to imagine what it would be like when YOU had to carry the expectation of an entire company upon your shoulders… Or even worse, the entire world? I knew you wouldn’t have what it took to carry that burden upon your back… A burden that eventually would be the cross to carry. But then again Alexander, we cannot all be kings now can we???

He remains silent for a few moments, pulling the mask closer to his face as he inhales the scent of the fabric that is combined with his own sweat. Causing him to let out a sigh of relief before slowly pulling his hair back as he puts on the mask.

Goth: I know that I didn’t gave Bill a satisfying a satisfying answer of why I wear this mask to the ring, as if any answer would satisfy ANY of your curiosity. But I will try to please you Alexander, because let’s face it. Every person is owed a chance to redemption isn’t it??? But don’t get your hopes up too high my friend, as I do not seek ways to fulfil your longing with forgiveness in a kind way. The days of opening my arms and take you in as the lost sheep that you are is way past me. I seek refuge in violence, I seek the clearance of every man’s sins…. Let me rephrase that for you…. EVERY MAN’S sins!!!! By taking home that what is rightfully mine.

He cocks his head towards the camera for the very first time, we see the thorns stuck in the forehead of the mask as it resembles the torment of the roman soldiers who laughed and ridiculed Jesus before him being hung at the cross.

Goth: I know what you must be thinking, why celebrate Jesus at his lowest of low, as if I always need to showcase the man that had it all, to only have it be ripped out of his hands by those who had loved him the most… Only for you to turn a blind eye away from the sins he died for you all?? Nah ah, NO MORE!!! I was promised something such a long time ago that it has already been covered with spider webs and old grannies who have died in their own rocking chairs. A promise that people seemed to believe that they can break against me… Because hey, what could possibly go wrong???

A sinister smirk can be shown through the cracks of the mouth of the mask as Goth closes his eyes for a few moments.

Goth: Have you ever dared to break a promise to your father or mother?? I know it would cause them lots of grief now wouldn’t it?? And what would happen if they found out?? You have to deal with he consequences that would follow. The only problem for you to wonder what does this have to do with you doesn’t it Alexander???

It's quite simple my friend, the true evil of this whole story are two men… TWO MEN!!! Christian Underwood and “Hot Stuff” Mark Ward… And the best way to make them feel the grievance that I have felt is to torture everyone in my path until I receive what I deserve… Because let’s face it, that’s how a true royalty would deal with those who are not obedient.

The anger is building inside the mask as his eyes are burning a hole into the soul of whomever it is that is holding the camera so close to his face.

Goth: Of course I can tell tales of what I could and should do to you, but that’s not my thing. I prefer to show my love in a violent way, to treat you the same way you would treat me!!! Only a thousand fold!!! Because you are cursed with the sin of wearing gold!! And you do not deserve any damnation filling that empty head of yours…. As only I deserve to suffer with all the sins of the entire race.

He cocks his head to the camera, slowly extending his hand to the glass of the camera as his finger tips slowly tap it.

Goth: Are you there Alexander? Are you listening to my words? Are they sinking into your brain to be digested? Because these aren’t futile warnings!! This is the same way that HE was sentenced to death upon the cross as an INNOCENT MAN!!! As he had begged to the Father from above to forgive them as they do not know what they are doing. But you know don’t you?? You know exactly what you will be doing if… IF you dare to announce to the world what your true intentions are… How pitiful they may very well be aren’t they??

PITIFUL!!!!

He suddenly snaps his face towards the camera as he screams out the word, holding on to the camera as the cameraman tries to pull back in shock reflexes.

Goth: NO!!! You won’t leave me, just like Raven will be unable to run away from his punishment!! Unlike the owners of this pitiful company will be unable to do anything to run away from my judgment. Hell, I will promise you already that I may let you walk out of the ring upon your own two feet Alexander. And you know why??

Goth exhales into the camera screen as it causes to fog up for a few seconds.

Goth: BECAUSE YOU AREN’T THE  BIG FISH IN THE POND!!! You aren’t on the supposedly calibre that makes me wish to sacrifice to the greater good!!! Hell, did I ravel in the defeat of one J2H?? Oh you better believe I did. Does it take anything away that he is a great champion?? Of course not, but we all have seen how he was destined… DESTINED!!! To be crippled by the current champion after their match.

He slowly reaches with his right hand to tug on the mask as it tightens its fit around his face.

Goth: We all saw how he was nearly going down upon his knees, asking for forgiveness every time I turned my ugly head. Such a shame of what once was hasn’t it?? Because He himself has made it very publicly clear for many years upon years… That he is nothing more than a hired gun, pay him the right price and he will show up and stink up the rest of the entire roster. And I know, I know that this is out of your league. It’s SOMETHING that you just look at and stay away from for how long???

And that’s the difference between you and me, that’s the reason why I will allow you to walk away. But only to let you walk the walk of shame. I will let you be my Peter, I will let you say to the world that YOU do not know who I am, that YOU are not one of my own. And you aren’t, you are just another individual that looks from outside in, shake his head in disbelief as YOU aren’t a Savior. I have to enter that ring on this given Climax Control, stare you in the eyes and look deep down your soul. I have to decide whether I will forgive you for trying to appeal me on my good side or not.

But don’t forget, I maimed my friend only a few weeks ago. HE WAS MY FRIEND!! What candle does a stranger hold up to me in comparison to one individual that was a blasphemy!!

He groans inside his mask as he slowly start to pull on it even more as his eyes slowly start to disappear inside the mask.

Goth: Why is temptation always a distraction to you weakened minds? Why is it that I have to look at you and shake my head? I am sick and tired of everything that YOU and others think they represent!! But I will grant you the opportunity, just like I will do to our beloved King for a Day… As I will do as well to any fool that dares to step inside the ring with me….. You were just being handpicked, being a jester to fool that has NOTHING what it takes to be a true KING!!! But eventually he will cross my path, just like you are about to do.

You and everyone else in the Sin City Wrestling locker room is just like being sand inside my boots. It doesn’t matter how you try, there’s always something that gets stuck underneath your feet. That uneasy feeling underneath the socks that sticks to you with every step you make. Making you wonder why in the hell you even went to the beach in the first place. Nearly to the point that it makes you want to hate the beach while in general It’s just the same with all you non-believers out there. Those who think that I don’t belong anymore, those who say that I don’t get what it takes anymore!! And oh sure, you will put on an innocent look upon your face and tell the world that you have never uttered a damn word like that. But we all know it’s all that is going on isn’t it??

He slowly pulls of the mask, revealing his face once again as he stares into the camera once more.

Goth: The primary objection of every single piece of sand that gets stuck underneath my shoe or boot is still a primary concern over that of my own. And I am the one that will enter you in my realm of violence to open your eyes and make you see. MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND!!!! To understand that the violence that I shall put on you is justified, justified upon the fact that with every blow you will personally thank me!!! Because then and only then you will realize I have done you a favour my friend.

He closes his eyes and smiles, whispering something so softly that the microphone is unable to pick it up before reopening his eyes once more.

Goth: I have prayed for your own safe being Alexander, because a name like that asks so much more respect than a mere name as Bill doesn’t it?? A name like Alexander has historic GREATNESS, yet also it demands EXPECTATION… Alexander the Great was once like that, but his strength was also his downfall my friend. You on the other hand?? You are nothing more than a case of expectation to failure. So do me a favour, don’t blame me after you have been handed another defeat after succumbing at Violent Conduct. Blame it upon the world, blame it upon your own upbringing for all  I care. Because YOU have failed me, YOU have not understood a single damn thing. Just like J2H, just like Bill Barnhart. Just like each and every other merciless victim that will fall down before MY FEET. Don’t blame me that steps on you like every other piece of sand, blame yourself for being stepped on in the first place.

With that Goth places his hand upon the camera as the shot slowly fades.
>

<span style="color:limegreen">First Ever Triple Crown and Grand Slam Winner and 2nd ever Grand Slam Winner</span>