Author Topic: Ryan on Duty  (Read 309 times)

Offline Ryan Keys

• View Profile
    • Ryan Keys
Ryan on Duty
« on: August 18, 2017, 10:59:51 PM »
 "Setting up the scene"
Las Vegas, NV, Ryan's loft
Thursday, 17, 2017
[Off camera]

Ryan woke with his face pressed into white Egyptian cotton.

He shifts on the bed, belly down and naked, getting his bearings. The smell of coffee and food drifts over him, forcing his eyes open. He sits up and rubs his face, head feeling like lead on his shoulders. The room is dark and full length blinds drawn across the windows hide the day from his sensitive eyes. He doesn’t remember closing them. He gets up and leaves little to the imagination as he walks to the large bathroom.

Everything is pristine and white, sparkling and unused. The shower is in the middle of the room, a huge glass monument, raised up on the tiles. He stands under the jets for twenty minutes, letting the water pound at his neck and back until he feels halfway human again.

He steps back into the bedroom with a towel around his waist and opens the blinds. As he looks out at the city he’s lived in all his life. It can never get any worse. All the scenarios that played around his head over the past few days haunt him, just the product of pessimistic imagination. Ryan is in his home now with Harley and there is no place he feels safer. At least it’s safer up in his loft than when he used to live in crappy motels. He feels like he can get a hold of his situation, survey it from all the way up here. Hide away and not come out until he’s called upon. But as ever, he is waiting for his next match. Waiting for life to kick his ass like it always does.

He dresses in only a black pair of boxers and makes his way to the kitchen,  soft carpet replaced by hard shiny wood under his feet.

Harley is sitting down on the sofa in nothing but Ryan’s sweat pants that look way too big on him as their dog Zane sits comfortably in his lap. He’s talking on a headset, holding a controller in his hands while cursing to whomever it is that's shooting at him in his game. Ryan watches him for a few seconds, he leans his body against the wall has his fingers trail over his tattoos on his arm. They flow, serpent-like, up his arms and across the tops of his shoulders. He’s all toned out and jacked up for his next match already.

Ryan stops staring and slides onto a stool at the breakfast bar, trying to not listen to Harley’s rants, chuckling at how contradicting they all are as he drums his knuckles on the granite.

“No we flank left then go right while  we paint the whole area. No! Don’t go through the middle, that’s for noobs. Fine, go ahead. See if I care, I’m carrying the team anyway!” Harley snaps at the people in the game before it’s all over. He pouts and throws the controller on the floor while folding his arms against his chest.

Ryan looks around, trying not to get sucked into the whole thing and ask.

“Aren’t you gonna ask what’s wrong?”

“Huh?” Ryan acts like he hasn’t been paying attention as his cold eyes look over at the other. “Oh, you mean in your game. No, I’m not pulling the pin on that grenade. You’re on your own.” Ryan says while getting up to get some coffee.

"But it’s not fair. I did most of the work and we still lost.” Harley whines as he picks his discarded shirt from the floor and pulls it over his head. Ryan watches as all that skin disappear in a flourish of black cotton and tries not to comment. “I’m sick of online multiplayers. They’re so fun but so frustrating at the same time.”

Ryan feels the slightest twinge of apprehension into getting into the ticking time bomb Harley can be. “How about we head out today, get some sun over by the beach. I still got that place rented in Santa Monica.”

Harley leans against the countertop, crossing his arms. “Is that the place we stayed at while you were filming the movie? I think I left some stuff over there.”

Ryan sips his black coffee, nodding. “Very same one, it reminds me that I need to practice that southern accent for Dax.”

“I like hearing you talk like that, and the with that cowboy outfit.” Harley laughs.Ryan smiles, sipping more of the warm liquid as he feels calm. It’s been quite a week for him so it’s relieving to feel at ease.

“Besides that, I need a bit of a tan, maybe some fun in the sun. You good with that?”

“Sounds perfect to me. There’s something I haven’t seen you wear.”

“Don’t get ahead of yourself. I’m only wearing that lifeguard speedo for my promo and that’s it. It’s coming off after that. It’s Ironic that when I wear it stop swimming to stare at it, and then they need a lifeguard.”

“So…… you’re wearing it?”

Ryan grunts softly while nodding over to get Harley to move.

“Go get changed and bring it over. We got ten minutes until we leave.”

“But that doesn’t give me enough time to grab all my games.”

“I know, that’s the point. Now move it.”

"Ryan on Duty"
Santa Monica, California. Santa Monica State Beach
Friday, 18, 2017
[On Camera]

\'user

Summer time was ending and everyone was squeezing out every bit that was left of the harsh sunlight. With crystal clear skies, and a serene atmosphere, Ryan keys serves out his last of his duties on a sandy beach over at Santa Monica. The five hour trip was worth it from him to get a well needed tan, and a bit of exposure. The camera pans across to show a slow motion capture of Ryan Keys emerging from the water, hard body soaking wet as slow drips of water fall from his locks. As a gimmick, he’s wearing a bright red lifeguard speedo, only hiding his modesty as the rest of his body was exposed. Ice cold eyes set their gaze over at the camera as he jogs closer to it.

Water still drip from him, his muscles highlighted and well toned thanks to his tan. He stops dead center from view as Ryan lifts his lifeguard board and rests it over is shoulder while pushing his wet hair back. His pearly whites show with confidence as he breaks the silence.

“You know, I always wanted to be a lifeguard. I don’t know, there’s something about it that suits me. The thrill of the thrill of the water, the feeling you get when you save a person from drowning. I’ve already saved ten lives, though I don’t think a person demanding mouth to mouth counts as saving them. But that’s besides the point. The point here is that summer is ending, my favorite Pay Per View is over and in the end… I got nothing to show for it. Though I did show enough to get placed back on the title hunt. And this times I’m not gonna sink like a rock.”

Walking forward, the camera pans back at his speed, never missing a ripple his muscles made. Perfectly sculpted abs are being showed as Ryan looks up with a taunting smile. He soon reaches a lounge chair to pick up his towel and dry off slowly while continuing.

“This time it’s gonna be a little different. This time I’m focused, I have a job to do. It’s time for me to rebuild. Last time I was on the ring I was given a chance to go for the Vacant Internet title, I was so close until it got pulled from under me. Same thing happened before that for the Roulette title. I got so close and then, nothing. My time will come, and I’m gonna make it happen. I will be a champion again, call it a sinking feeling. That’s why I’m calling out James Tuscini to defend his title against me at Violent Conduct…. But that’s way too close to make things happen. I haven’t earned that spot yet. But I will, and he better be ready for me when I get p there and challenge him. That sinking feeling again is telling me that he won’t have that winning record against me for long. My time will come.”

Ryan has a serious look to his handsome face only for it to break into a knowing look. With a simple nod in understanding, he tosses his towel over his chain and sits down on the edge of it. The camera follows as he adjusts it up to where it can't see anything bellow.

“This week is gonna be a little different. Not exactly a first for me to the shock of many. But this week I’m gonna be facing non-other that Holly Wood. Now I have a history with this one right here. I’ve seen Holly before, but I’ve been in the hush about it but I’ve seen him in Vegas a few times. Sure I was doing another line of work, still I got a few singles out of it. Imagine my surprise when I got hired on SCW and the first one I saw was Holly being the referee in my first match. I may not be all that big in the smarts department, but I got a great memory. From that point on, Holly has been in a lot of my matches, either by coincidence or by request, he’s still been in them. Now I’m not gonna make a big deal about all the touching that’s been involved…. And there has been a lot of that, but besides that I’ve always gotten along well with him. I have a certain respect from him you would say.”

He has a more humble expression on his face as his in thought. Ryan picks up his cowboy hat and places it over his head while holding it tight so the wind doesn't blow it away.

“Its odd, but I got a few father figures while growing up that didn’t exactly look all that masculine. I grew up surrounded by drag queens that it’s almost normal to me. So facing Holly doesn’t throw me off one bit. What does worry me is how long he’s been in the ring watching me. I’m not that easy to read, but I’m nothing without a few tricks I’ve learned how to do over and over to gain the advantage. I can see that wearing close to nothing to throw my opponent off won’t work here, hell, I even think I’m demanded to wrestle in almost nothing. But still, besides my tricks I still have skill on my side. I’ll admit, I didn’t necessarily train specifically for this since it came from left field with the request, but I have trained for guys that have pushed me to my limits, guys that have beaten me senseless and now I’m coming back up with far less damages. I’m getting better, and I’m at the top of where I’m supposed to be. Holly better watch out for that.”

Looking back at the camera after a long gaze, Ryan lounges back on his chair to soak in a bit more of the sun to look presentable for his match. He knows someone will appreciate it.

“ I say come on and get you your fight. I have no idea of Holly’s changing careers from ref to wrestler but here I am like the door again for those who want to step into the ring. I don’t pull punches, I don’t play favorite, I might not even play fair at time, but I’m here to win. Maybe put on a little show while I do it. I don't know if Christian ‘has gone along with the mud match he’s been poking at, but if it doesn’t happen now, I bet it’ll happen later. And there’s the sinking feeling again that I’ll be involved with it in someway. But that’s just who I am. I’m a versatile competitor…. At least just in the ring.Give me a normal match and I can do it, give me something completely different and I can do it just as well. Tuxedo matches, pole matches, mud matches, wet boxer contest, it doesn’t matter what it is, I can do it, and I can guarantee that I’ll catch people's attention. This is what I live for, and Holly has done me a favor with getting me inside the ring again. So I guess I’ll thank you for that.”

He smirks as Ryan takes advantage of the camera recording above his waist. Squirming around, the Vegas native looks down through his hat as he sighs in content. What the camera catches next are his red speedos being tossed over his shoulder, only leaving the scene for people's imagination.

“This time I’m ready,and I’m gonna look ready too. I’m off duty, so I’m gonna relax. But this Sunday the gloves are off and it’s all serious for the battle of who shows off more. And I got a sinking feeling Holly’s gonna end up pinned down, with me, on top…. And you can take that out of context if you want.”

The scene slowly fades as the taunting vision is blurred for no one to see. As Ryan tans naked, he slowly is biding his time until his match comes on Sunday.  
user posted image[/center …]