Author Topic: I’m starting the New Year off with a bang!  (Read 789 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
I’m starting the New Year off with a bang!
« on: January 02, 2013, 04:59:04 PM »
 The New Year was upon the wrestlers of SCW and so was the first Supercard of 2013 and in a match that was announced during the last Climax Control of 2012 Jessie Salco was taking on Tiami Tyler in a Roulette Rules match where the winner would go on to face Becky “Ragdoll” Jones at a later date for the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship, can Jessie start off the New Year with a win?

Jessie’s hotel room, San Diego, California
January 2nd, 2013, 11:00am

“So, how do you like your guitar so far?” Jake asked as he sat next to me, one of the presents I got for Christmas was a black Fender Stratocaster guitar with a Peavey Vyper 15 Guitar Amp and other guitar accessories, oh and I got a weight set as well.

“Great, though the positioning of the fingers is definitely going to take some getting used to.” I said as I continued to try to play my current theme song. “Open, open, 12 open, open…..”

“13.” Jake told me and I grinned at him before I continued to play the riff. “So, you could possibly face Becky at a later date.”

“Yeah and I’m standing by what I said when I did commentary for her match against Alexis Morrison.” I responded as I stopped playing for a moment. “Win or lose me and Becky will put on a hell of a match but first I have to get through Tiami Tyler.”

“And she’s no pushover, though the fact that she’s a Tyler sibling should be a clear indication of that fact.” Jake added and I frowned before nodding. “Well we know from her profile that she suffered a knee injury a couple of years ago and that she only just returned to action, if you can target her injured knee you should have an easier time against her.”

“Yeah, because the High-Flying style is definitely suited to targeting a certain body part.” I said as I rolled my eyes. “Besides that she has a kid, I don’t want her to have to watch mommy get put back on the injured list after her first appearance with SCW you know?” I pointed out and Jake frowned once he realized that I had a point.

“Okay, so what’s your plan?” Jake asked and I frowned before thinking for a moment.

“I’ll find a way to beat her that doesn’t involve targeting her legs even if it takes me a while come match time.” I eventually said before a thought hit me. “Wait, that injury’s four years old right? Who’s to say that it isn’t healed by now?”

“Jess, I know from experience that certain injuries can take years to heal.” Jake responded before thinking back. “When I was in boot camp there was a guy in my class who had to be discharged after his dislocated his leg during the obstacle course.”

“Ouch.” I winced as I thought of that. “How’d he manage to do that?”

“He landed wrong after climbing over an obstacle.” Jake answered before shaking his head. “I still keep in touch with him but he still walks with a limp and that was nine years ago.”

“I would’ve been foster care at the time in that case.” I said as realization hit me. “Besides Tiami’s injury wasn’t that serious especially if she was able to come back after four years, if it was still bothering her she would’ve stayed retired, wrestling bug or not.”

“True enough but we’ll see how right you are come match time.” Jake answered before standing up. “Anyway Katie’s waiting for me in the hotel restaurant, see you in a bit.” Jake said before leaving the room, now that I had some time to myself I turned to the camera.

“2012 may not have ended the way I would’ve liked it to end though I am glad that Vixen won that match for NXT in the end, but now that we’re in the New Year I’m aiming to change my luck and start winning matches again, and what better way to start by earning a shot at the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship? I’m fully healed from my beatdown at Misty’s hands which means I’ll be in top fighting shape to take on Tiami Tyler and earn that title shot!”

Then again it’s never that easy.

“Tiami, I know you’ll be a tough opponent, you’re a former Tag Team Champion, even if that was another promotion’s tag team titles, and you’re the youngest of the Tyler siblings, and if your anything like Daniel then I know I’m in for a fight, but what I also know is that it’s a fight that I won’t back down from and that will lead me to my first win of 2013.”

Oh yeah that reminds me.

“I said in my last promo of 2012 that my New Year’s Resolution was to win the Bombshell Championship and whilst that has been sidetracked somewhat by the fact that I lost my last match of 2012 I intend to keep that promise and if that means me winning the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship first then that’s what I’ll do!”

Why yes, I am setting my expectations pretty high, why do you ask?

“Tiami, I know you were forced to take a break from wrestling due to a Knee Injury and I know that this is your first match back, I’m going to say right now that I have no intention of targeting your injured leg even if that means that it’ll take me a bit longer to beat you, why? TV Tropes likes to call it “Honor before Reason” and it basically means that I want a good clean fifth despite the fact that you’ll be at a disadvantage.”

Some people will call me an idiot for this but I don’t care.

“What’s there left to talk about? Nothing, except for the fact that I intend to win this match fair and square and that I know how tough a challenge that’ll be for someone who only has a few years of experience like I do going up against someone who’s been wrestling for longer than I have but that hasn’t stopped me before and it won’t stop me now.”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Tiami, wrestling may be in your blood but I have a determination that won’t be broken by anyone on the SCW roster, not by Mark Ward, not by Misty and definitely not by you, this is SCW’S Heavy Metal Bombshell signing off, Tiami, see you at the Supercard.”

I turned to my laptop as the scene fades.