Author Topic: No Rest For The Wicked  (Read 866 times)

Offline Gabriel

• View Profile
    • Gabriel
No Rest For The Wicked
« on: November 02, 2012, 11:03:24 AM »
 THE NIGHT OF CLIMAX CONTROL - SUNDAY 28TH OCTOBER.

Well that was a shitload of fun. Proper fun, really good fun. Running around a haunted house with Despy and winning another match. Then I want to find Odette, who was freaking out after that graveyard match, but can't because I gotta do some web chat thing back at the penthouse, while Odette is sitting in our house. I have Despy with me because he's coming back with me later before Synn picks him up. He insisted on coming with me for this but the truth is, all I wanna do is be back with Odette and make sure she's ok. I got this really horrible feeling

"Why are we here?" Despayre asks, clutching Angel in his fingers

I look around my old penthouse apartment, seeing the city outside the window and many stories below. The apartment was just how I remember it.

Been a while since I've been up here. I insisted on selling it back to the Luxor, let them sell it on, but Odette insisted I didn't. Man cave was the term she used, but I'm hardly ever here. I guess it's handy if Odette and I go out on the town on the Vegas strip. It's a lot closer to the action than the other house, and well, I can still put on the odd show here and keep it, I don't know.

"Because I got asked to do this web chat thing, where questions pop up, I answer them, etc" I tell Despayre

Despayre looks down at Angel and back up to me

"And we couldn't have done this from your other house?" Despayre asks with an arched eyebrow.

"No" I reply "All the stuff we need for it is right here"

"Pst!" Despayre replies, pushing air through his teeth "It's a laptop, and a webcam, Angel said he'll carry it, it's not that tough"

Fuck, he's right

"But I left the laptop here" I try and justify "So I figure we do this, get it over with, head back to O and Melody, relax for a bit, Synn gets back and sorted."

Despayre drifts in to a world of his own, I snap my fingers in front of him.

"Despy?" I ask "Are you ok?"

Despayre doesn't answer, I click my fingers again, trying to snap him out of his trance.

I sense a rough night for Synn

"Oh, I'm ok" Despayre replies, snapping out of his distant thoughts "Hey, there's a guy on your computer screen. Helloooooooooooooo strange person who just popped up on the screen"

I quickly look at the nearby laptop screen to see, as Despayre informed me, a man staring at me.

"Gabriel" the man says "It's time for the web chat. Here's how it works. People will be typing questions, the moderator will put them through to your screen, you just talk in to the camera and answer them. Just give a quick intro when the side of the screen in your bottom right hand corner says live and the questions will come through"

I quickly sit down in front of the camera and look at the screen

"Sounds good" I reply

I sit and look for a few seconds as the man disappears at from the screen, watching an active chat room on the side of the screen. Within a minute, a green light appears with the word live in it. I look down the camera

"Hey everyone" I start "This is Gabriel here, with you for the next thirty minutes answer your questions. Keep 'em clean."

QUESTION: What has been your greatest achievement in SCW?

"I think winning the tag titles with Despayre is way up there. Being the heavyweight champion was also fun. I should have maybe held the title longer rather than just give it up the way I did to some undeserving nobody that has done nothing since, but I think I gotta go with the tag titles. Despayre and I worked hard to get them, we've held them for a long time and we have no intentions on giving them up"

Despayre puts his head in the camera shot, holding Angel up to the camera

"We're not losing them" He says with a firm nod. "If we lose them, I can't run around in circles every time we defend them and I like running around in circles"

QUESTION: How has SCW changed over the last year?

"That's a good question" I reply running my finger across my eyebrow "SCW was very unknown when it first started. Two big names were in charge, but being big names doesn't mean success. I think it's grown faster than anyone expected it to. The roster exploded when people heard what was going on there. Names that would usually never go near a new company, just started showing their interest and was signed up. I think as a whole, the company has just grown and we've had a chance to see some of the greats return to the ring and some of the best new talent out there. When it started, everyone was always thinking about how long it was going to last, and now everyone's secure and wondering how to kick things to the next level."

"It's easy to kick things to the next level" Despayre weighs in

"How so?" I reply

"Put Angel on TV more" Despayre replies "Everyone loves Angel! He could sell out arenas on his own"

QUESTION: If you could team with anyone else in the company, who would it be?

"No one" I reply quickly "Despayre is the only person I'll team with regularly"

"Thanks buddy!" Despayre says with a smile "But you should team with Big B, he's fun"

"Is he?" I reply

"Yep" Despayre says with a nod "He's smarted than Nick Jones gives him credit for. One time, he managed to fit forty two grapes in his mouth at the same time. That's talent"

QUESTION: Is the thing with Odette Ryder a storyline?

"That's a silly question" Despayre says with a huff

"It is a silly question" I reply "No, it's not a storyline, I'm madly in love with Odette."

QUESTION: What's the most romantic thing you could ever give Odette?

"My last breath" I reply

"That's sweet" Despayre says "Weird but sweet"

QUESTION: Who has been your biggest rival in SCW?

"Sean Williams" I reply with an unimpressed look "Sean was my greatest rival and as much as he likes to think that rivalry ended evenly, I think everyone would put me in the driving seat for that one."

"Stepmom was mean" Despayre says folding his arms "I didn't like Goth, he was meaner than stepmom"

QUESTION: Have you signed a new contract yet?

"No" I reply "I signed an extension to put me through this supercard, and will probably sign a longer contract right after High Stakes II"

QUESTION: What music do you listen to?

"Rock music" I reply as Despayre puts his thumbs down behind me "I love Nickelback, The Pretty Reckless, Daughtry, Kid Rock. Although I have been known to listen to pretty much anything"

"I've heard him sing country music" Despayre says from behind me "It's not a pretty site. Garth Brooks would be rolling over in his grave"

"Garth Brook's isn't dead" I reply

"Oh..." Despayre says with a shrug

QUESTION: Will Odette ever leave NXT to join The Seven Deadly Sins?

"This one has been done to death but no. Odette is a loyal person and she will stay with the New XTremes" I say "And I won't try and convince her otherwise. I don't know how much influence I have over her anyway, at the end of the day, she's a strong woman and will always make up her own mind in her own career"

QUESTION: What's it like being around Synn?

"Daddy is awesome!" Despayre says brightly "Other than when he snores like a charging rhino. You can hear that through the walls."

"Pretty much what Despayre said" I start with "Synn taught me a lot, not just about wrestling but how to be a better person. He saved me from a path of stupidness and threw me on a good one, where I have met Despayre, Odette"

"Angel..." Despayre adds

"Angel too" I say with a smile "I clash with Synn at times, but it's all good because he wants me to step up and be bold."

QUESTION: What's an average day like for you?

"Wake up next to the most beautiful smile in the world.... after that, every day is different. At times I hit the gym, others I spend the day being with Odette"

QUESTION: Has there been any disagreements at all between you and Odette?

"No" I smile "Thankfully not. We agree on a lot of things."

QUESTION: What was it like growing up for you?

"It was pretty normal. Nothing special but I always felt the urge to break away and cut my own path, which is why I moved away at a young age"

QUESTION: What it's like being champ?

"It's why a lot get in to wrestling. I'm happy being champ, it proves I'm one of the best in the world at what I do. Being a champ gets the spotlight on you to give you opportunities to do so much than a normal person would be able to do. It means I won't have to throw my body around much longer and I can go back to being a normal guy, with a normal life."

QUESTION: How do you keep up with your schedule?

"With a lot of difficulty. Odette usually keeps me on track with a lot of things that have to be done. Without her, I'd probably struggle to be in the right places at the right time. Synn takes care of bookings and such, but I struggle to remember where I'm meant to be"

QUESTION: What car will you get next?

"The Veyron 2013 I think. Love Bugatti."

QUESTION Does you want children?

"Of course. I'd love to have kids and I have the perfect woman to have kids with, although you'd have to ask Odette this same question"

"Awwww, little Gabriel's!" Despayre says "Angel will be an uncle!"

QUESTION: When you marry Odette, what will her last name be?

"Well, Odette would have to say yes first but you will have to wait and see"

"What is your last name?" Despayre says scratching his head, as I smile at him

"Next question please" I say with a wink

QUESTION: Is there anyone you'd like to face in the future that you haven't faced already?

"Great question" I start "I've pretty much faced everyone in SCW, but wouldn't mind a shot at Nick Jones. Not for the title, but for the challenge. I wouldn't mind facing Rage either for the hell of it"

"Uncle Rage will be mad hearing that" Despayre comments

"Fluffy kittens make Uncle Rage angry" I reply

"Yeah, he doesn't seem to like my kittie" Despayre says disappointed.

QUESTION: Was the match you had tonight the strangest one you've ever been involved in?

"It was an experience that will be hard to forget. It's high on the list of insane matches of all time. I had a lot of fun in it. I think Despayre did too."

I look at Despayre, but his eyes seem distant, lost in his own world. I glance down at my watch

"Sorry guys, your half hour is up. It's been fun, but I gotta get going" I say

I shut down the laptop screen and turn to Despayre, looking in a daze.

"Despy, what's wrong?" I ask

"Can we go now?" He asks me quietly.

I nod as we both head to the door and the camera fades out

A while later....

I'm in a bar full of bikers and a handful of junkies
It's a 50-50 chance that they're planin' to jump me,
Anybody drinking here is lucky just to leave here alive!

Oh! Well my favorite little waitress has a hold on my eye,
But there's a shotgun loaded hidden under the bar,
Her finger's on the trigger, if anybody gets outta line!

There's other places that are better to go,
But I'm addicted to the red light show,
Feel like a king and she's my ace in the hole,
And I can't get enough of the things that she does!

The sounds of Nickelback's "Midnight Queen" fills the Bugatti Veyron as I drive through the streets just outside Las Vegas. I glance across at a silent Despayre as he clutches hold of Angel in his fingers.

"Despy" I start "What's going on?"

Despayre doesn't answer me, he just stares straight ahead, looking at the road passing us by at speed as a huge house appears in the distance.

"Home sweet home Despy" I say

Despayre doesn't answer me as the car moves along the road in the dark night. I look down at the clock to read the time as 11.42pm. A slight yawn exits my lungs as the car pulls up to the outside of my home with Odette. As the car stops, Despayre jumps out and moves towards the front door. I quickly kill the engine and jump out, joining him at the door....

Now if you wanna know what's going on behind that door, I'd go and take a look at Odette's promo. It's ok, I'll wait....

Ok, waited long enough, did you enjoy Odette's promo? Good, good. This part clearly takes part after that one. Ah, now this is where life has kicked in properly, the stars have aligned in the best way possible. My love life has stepped up and I'm more in love with Odette than ever before. Jumping to the physical after month of dating the sexiest woman I've ever known, has put more than a spring in my step. This was worth waiting for because the flame has lit brighter than the Olympic touch, and we are kicking on, I'm head over heels more so than I've ever been in my life. Speaking of torches, this piece of work is gonna be very fire central, but more about that a little later. I love these weeks in my SCW time, and you know why? It's a couple of weeks before a supercard and this week, we generally get to do what the hell we want. We don't have to go running from one arena to the next, get in the next arena or run home for a couple of days, we get to be home for a week to ten days if we really wanted. I know a lot of the SCW roster piss off to party in New York, Miami, Los Angeles, but me? I come home, I get a chance to spend the days with my baby, and recover. I feel I need to recover, because I bust my arse in the ring, time to recover is always handy. I think I got the balance right between work and home...

Heavy breathing behind the bedroom door, in Las Vegas, Nevada. The camera switches inside to see me laying on the bed, the very beautiful Odette Ryder rests her head on my chest, her hand behind my neck as she breathes deeply. I breathe just as hard as I look in to Odette's beautiful eyes, her smile lighting up the bedroom as my hand rolls down her side, under the silk white sheets. I place my hand on her back, just staring in to her eyes

These are the moments I truly love. When you can look in to someone's eyes and get lost, just lost and feel comfortable without having to say a word. I won't lie, this has not happened that often with me, now I feel like it's never gonna end and I won't be complaining with that. I mean when you break things down to nothing, just tiny little pieces, these are the moments people dream of, that they live for. When I was asleep, dreaming that Odette was gonna be mine someday, these were the moments I was praying for, these were the moments that drove me to get out of bed. People ask me how I knew Odette was the one, this is what I tell them, because I knew there would be moments like these.

Odette brushes the hair from my face, staring at me with a smile crossing her beautiful lips. She leans in and kisses me firmly as she arches her back. I pull her in close, feeling the passion pass through out bodies. She pulls away, staring in to my eyes

I could lay here all day looking in to those eyes. There is no sense of power, no sense of "I'm in control", just the sense of love. It's the opposite of what we need in the ring. In the ring, we need to feel in control but here, I just feel the love. It's equal and it's perfect and it what life should be about. I want to tell her every second of my waking life how much she means to me, especially as I have been having those "I'm gonna die" dreams. If I did, I'd want her to always now how special she is to me.

Her head rests on my chest once more, a smile on her face

I wonder what she's thinking right now. Hopefully not "Meh, that was just ok" but I do wonder what goes through that mind sometimes. I wonder if she has quiet moments where she just lays and thinks about life. I'd give up a lot to be in her head during a romantic moment, just to see if she thinks like I do, to see if she feels what I do. I know she does hold some stuff back, think that's a woman thing, or something programmed in to people as a way to block out the past, but I would love to know what my amazing girlfriend thinks about

I run my fingers down her cheek, resting my forefinger on her jaw with my thumb underneath her chin. Her hand moves across my chest as she listens to my heartbeat.

Could I lay like this forever? Of course. I mean which straight man wouldn't wanna be in the position I'm in right now? Here's my life, SCW superstar, tag team champion, well known illusionist, houses, cars, money and more importantly, the most beautiful woman alive. Life is awesome right now, and I'm laying here with a very beautiful woman, so damn comfortable, we don't need to talk.

I lift her chin, planting a kiss on her forehead. Odette closes her eyes and smiles as she snuggles in tightly

I know I've been a pain in the arse all my life, taking money from the innocent.... well, not so innocent, I used to rob idiots, a fool and his money are easily parted, but is this my reward for turning my life around? The fact I get to live this high life a little bit? This should be a lesson to all fools out there, switch your life about and good things will happen.

I smile at Odette as I stare at the top of her head, hoping she's smiling too, hoping that she has a gorgeous smile on that gorgeous face.

Did I mention I find her f'king gorgeous? No? Well she is, inside and out. As much as I was a complete arse in the past, always been attracted to people with good hearts, and she has just that, a very good heart. Look at her life, since she first showed up in SCW, months after I was kicking my heels around this place and defeating everyone put in front of me, she instantly grabbed everyone's attention in a very different way. She didn't have to whack her tits out, or dance around a stripper pole to be noticed, she didn't have to be some bitch, or some goth or some other freak, all she had to do was smile. All she had to do was be nice, which is rare in SCW. Everyone's a freaky darkside bitch or living life on their back, Odette came in different, she was nice, brought in her number one fan and makes me a happy man. It's not just that, she's accepted me for who I am, who I'm with. She's accepted my weird family of sins, just for me. She could have been intimidated by Synn or Rage, could have felt sick with Shane and Fantasia, could have even run from the crazy that is Kittie and Despy, but she never, she took it all on board for me. That shows a good heart and her loyalty to NXT is unquestionable.

A proud smile crosses my face as I feel her breath on my body.

I count myself very lucky to even know her, let alone have her feeling the way she does for me. Dream of this your whole life, and when it comes true, it does take you off your feet like you've been hit by a truck and you can't believe it, but I do believe it, I do feel it and I do know where this one is going. I do know that this is how I want things to be. I don't want to have to talk to know she loves me, I wanna feel it in the air, and well, I do feel it in the air, I feel it in the air right now, that love is there.

A wider smiles crosses my face

I do know that I love this woman

Odette raises her head, looking in to my eyes.

No one could resist those eyes, or that smile, or anything else that comes along with it. I hope in her mind, she's thinking about us and the future in a good light. I hope that she wants it to be this way forever. I can't and won't complain at it, because well, there's no one else in this world, I'd rather be laying next to, no one else I'd rather be kissing, there's no one else I'd rather miss, no one else in this whole wide world that I'd rather call my wife..... yeah wife, I said it, well thought it, she can't hear it, it's all good, but my point is there is no one in this world that I would rather call my soul mate. You, Odette Ryder, you are my soul mate, you are the woman I will spend my life with, you are my dream woman

Odette smiles widely, as if she can hear my thoughts or at least thinking nice thoughts too. I kiss her softly on her lips.

I guess I say it best, when I say nothing at all

The scene fades as I pull Odette closer

Well I haven't done a stunt in a while, I get the urge to do a cunning stunt.... please don't try to say those last couple of words when drunk, could be a disaster. I had an idea a while ago, while on that summer cruise with SCW. What if I could set a lake on fire and walk through it. I always did use magic as a stress release and after seeing Odette stressed, I feel it a bit, I need to do something over the top and stress releasing, maybe for an audience of one

I sit on looking at the lake, my knees bending towards my chest as I stare out in to the deep blue water of the lake before me. Footsteps behind me break my gaze at the natural beauty, for me to look up and see another natural beauty, the beautiful face of Odette Ryder.

She's been working hard lately, the training, the stress, I figured she could do with mindless starring at nature

Odette kisses me on the head and walks in front of me, in this very strangely quiet place

Getting colder, later in the year, who really does wanna sit around a lake at this time of the year... other than me of course. I don't feel the cold as much, but being from Australia, Odette does

She sits in front of me, shuffling between my legs and backwards, pressing her back against my chest, leaning against me. My arms instantly move around the shivering Aussie bombshell, and like a magnet to metal, my lips move to her cheek, pressing down on her soft skin. A smile crosses her lips as she moves around, trying to get comfortable.

"Are you ok" I whisper close to her ear

"Brought me out here in the cold, but I'm ok because I'm with you" She says with a smile back

Who would have thought going back to Summer XXXTreme, that this is where I'd be right now, sitting in nature with my dream woman. She is living proof that dreams fucking come true, simple as that.

I wrap my arms tightly around her, pulling her as close as I can, resting my chin on her shoulder.

"The reason I brought you out here gorgeous, is because I know you're stressed lately. I know you're thinking a lot about so much and it needs to slow down" I tell her quietly "I read people, it's my gift, and I know you don't do well when your mind is cluttered with so much stuff"

Odette sighs as I kiss her on the side of her head

"It's just so much to handle right now" Odette says quietly "Now the boss has it in for me"

"I've known Mark a few years, when Shane introduced me to him a few years ago when AWA was on tour of London, where Despayre and I won our first ever tag team titles. It was pretty clear to see from then on that he's a guy that does things his ways, will always do what he wants and gets what he wants." I say with a tilted, thoughtful look on my face "I think that's why he put together that group, because it seemed like everyone in SCW decided to stroll around and do what the hell they wanted. You had Dream Chasers attacking whoever they wanted for no reason, you had NXT adding more and more people to the stable. He wants control, but you got this"

"I hope so" Odette says sadly.

I squeeze Odette softly

"Anyway" I start "I brought you out here also to show you my latest stunt idea"

Odette looks back at me, her eyebrow raised.

"Baby..." She starts

I quickly lock my fingers around hers and smile

"You know these stunts scare me" She says with concern in her voice

"This one's ok" I reassure her.

I stand up, but Odette grabs my hand and I pull her to her feet. She quickly wraps her arms around my neck, holding me as tight as she possibly can. I put my arms around her and lift her off her feet. Odette instantly wraps her legs around me and kisses me on the lips passionately, her hand around the back of my head. I hold her tightly as she pulls her head away.

"Nice try gorgeous" I tell her with a smile "But I really wanna try this one"

Odette rolls her eyes and unwraps her legs, planting them firmly on the ground.

"Always worth a try" She says to me with a wink

"You can try anytime baby" I reply with an arm around her waist. "This ones gonna be a good one"

Odette looks at me

"What is it?" She asks.

I step away from her, walking to the waters edge, taking a deep breath, I step on to the water. I walk a few steps away, taking long strides and turn around about ten feet away. I spin back and look at Odette.

"Unimpressive" I shout

"But safe" Odette yells back.

I nod slowly and raise my arms, before slamming them down. A huge ring of fire surrounds me and burns all the way to the shore.

"GABRIEL!" Odette screams out in horror at what's before her

I start to slowly walk through the fire, feeling the flames lick my body from every angle. I move to within eight feet from the shore.

Damn, this is warm

Unable to see the shore, I take another step forward, but I can hear Odette's voice amongst the flames.

Ok, I need to speed this up, she's probably having a heart attack

I take another few steps forward, stepping in to view between the smoke and flames. Odette moves towards the shore, but I use my hands telling her to back off. Odette steps back as I step on to the shore. I puts my arms to the side, flat out. As I lower them, the flames fade out and disappear. Odette changes towards me, wrapping her arms tightly around me.

At this point, I'd like to point out it's not cool to set fire to lakes, it's not cool to set fire to anything. This was done because I could do it. Do not be going out there setting fires to lakes! That's not cool!

"Baby, please don't do that again" Odette says, with fear in her voice

I squeeze her tightly

"I won't do that exactly the same again, but I may kick it up a notch next time." I reply with a smile.

Odette steps back and hits me playfully in the arm. I lean forward, lifting her off her feet, holding her out in front of me as she wraps her arms around my neck.

"Hey!" She protests weakly "Mad at you for scaring me"

"No you're not" I reply with a wink "Besides, how can you be mad at a guy who just walked through fire just to be with you?"

Odette smiles and leans in to kiss me as the scene fades out

Sitting by the lake, that just a few short hours ago was a smouldering mess as I walked through the flames, I sit staring in to the cool water, my eyes darting around the various light's reflecting off the water from the night sky. I inhale a deep breath as I look at the waves bouncing off the shoreline

"Not too long ago, I was walking across this water, strolling and taking my time for the people to see, now, everything seems so different, so calm, so peaceful. I like peaceful, I like calm but in not long over a weeks time, things will not be as calm as they are now. See people don't see this match has a little bit more importance behind it, than what is right before their eyes. Despayre and I were not the only ones on the first ever Sin City Wrestling card that year ago. A certain Mr Alexander and a certain Mr Williams headlined that show with a certain idiot that is no longer in SCW. There is only one other man in Sin City Wrestling that can claim they were here from day one and stuck it out, and that is Casey Williams"

A serious look passes my face

"Say what you will about Casey but he has been here since day one, unlike the other two SCW originals in the ring . I remember that night well. Despayre and I defeated Casey Williams and his jobber drunk, chain smoking partner, then went on to beat like twelve or so people to win the heavyweight title. Hey, can we put in some of that footage in here?"

Jasmine orders Gabriel to break the hold and he reluctantly does so. He grabs JT and knocks him back into a corner with a knife-edge chop to the sternum. Gabriel follows up with a European uppercut and a forearm shot to the back of the head. He goes to whip JT into the neutral corner but JT reverses it and sends him in. Gabriel runs right up the turnbuckles and launches back with a corkscrew dive but JT moves and Gabriel crashes! JT dives atop of him and hooks the leg!

1!…..

2!….. Gabriel kicks out!

Adams: What is it going to take?? Both men want this bad! What would you do to put these two away Angel?

Simone: You’re asking the bear questions NOW!?

JT looks up at Jasmine, clearly frustrated. He then turns back to Gabriel and pulls him to his feet and deposits him with a body slam that has authority behind it. JT then steps out to the apron and climbs to the top of the corner.

Simone: High risk move coming up here!

JT is perched on the turnbuckle as Gabriel slowly gets to his feet. Gabriel doesn’t see his opponent until it’s too late. He turns around and JT jumps off for a Hurricanrana but Gabriel quickly catches him and drives him down with a powerbomb, then immediately somersaults over his prone body into a bridge, hooking both legs with his arms!

1!…..
2!…..
3!

The crowd explodes in cheers!

Simone: He did it! Gabriel overcame all odds! From the start of this match to the very end, and he is the champion!

The fans are cheering as Jasmine takes the Heavyweight championship belt from Justin and passes it to the hands of the exhausted and exuberant Gabriel!

Justin: Ladies and gentlemen! Here is your winner, and the first ever Sin City Wrestling Heavyweight Champion, Gabriel!

The fans cheer as Gabriel holds the gold and jewel encrusted belt high over his head! An ecstatic Despayre is at once in the ring with Angel in his arms and he practically pounces on Gabriel in his endearing enthusiasm for his best friend! He hugs Gabriel relentlessly as Synn joins them. Shane Boswell and Fantasia, Gabriel’s teammates, enter the ring also and Synn takes the title belt and wraps it around Gabriel’s waist personally. Despayre hugs him again and raises his hand in the air when JT stands right up toward him, seemingly in confrontation. The crowd quiets to a murmur as the two men stare right at one another, when JT extends his hand and after a moment’s pause, Gabriel accepts the gesture to the fans applause.

A smile crosses my face as the camera returns to me.

"High Stakes is really my show. Based on that match alone, our rankings were set. I was at the top, JT and Blade were just behind, but screw JT, this is about you Blade."

A serious look passes my face.

"What happened to you Blade? I mean really, you were on a roll, you were main eventing, you were at the top, battling it out with Nick Jones and you walked away. You packed up your ball and didn't wanna play no more. You disappointed me, you disappointed the fans, you disappointed everyone and yet you have the balls to sit there and complain about your opposition, like you're owed something. What are you owed Blade? What is the reward for walking out on a supercard main event? You complained about facing a legacy in Gene Banton Jr, but you walked out on everyone, to disappear and you complain. Do you see the irony in that? I get it, I see it, I laugh at it. Someone, you've done enough to get you a shot at the tag team titles? Well, if you make it to the match, because let's be honest, you run from big matches and this is a big one for ya, I will tell you this straight Blade. You're not the man you used to be."

I exhale

"I know what might sound like a bit of a broken record coming from me considering I told Sean Williams the same, but what took Sean Williams years to decline and become a shell of who he used to be, you did it in the short space of time you took sitting at home scratching your arse. It's astounding to see how you've managed to become awful without the partying and the drugs. You was a contender Blade and you walked away from it. That's why this is the biggest match since you've returned and believe me Blade, it's gonna show, because you have no chance in the state that you're in Blade, you're not at your best, you're not at the top of your game, in fact, you're nowhere near the top of your game. Last week, I took on Blaque Hart, next week, you. Pretty sure I should be the one complaining about crap opposition, opposition not good enough to go near a ring with Sinful Obsession in it. After a year of busting my arse in SCW, never missing a match, I get to fight Blade Alexander at a supercard. Can't help but feel underwhelmed at this turn of events. I mean if this was Blade Alexander from a year ago, I woulda been so excited but this isn't, this is new age rusty Blade, I'm not really that excited. Do you remember that show Blade? I do. It had Blade Alexander, teaming with DJ Williams. One year on, both of you bolting from the company, and you finally get a tag title shot. Congrats on that hard work."

A smirk crosses my face

"Although look, to be fair Blade, you and DJ Williams could make a really good team if you both actually show up. There's no doubting there's talent there but both of you spend too much time bitching. DJ is actually just as bad as you Blade"

I scratch my head

"Yeah, this is where I switch and talk about you a little bit DJ.... good god you've been a walking disaster zone from day one. You're actually a bit of a waste DJ. Look at you this past week, put out what I thought was an excellent promo and went out there and did what you said you would and buried Nate Diaz, absolutely pissed all over him, yet you complain that you're in a job you don't want. Hello, idiot, open those stupid eyes of yours and see you're in the perfect job for you, spot on perfect. You get to go out there and kick peoples heads in and get paid for it. Your promo work is brick wall solid, you could be a big player here, I'm talking top gold big player like you should have been months ago if you didn't walk away"

I roll my shoulders backwards.

"What I'm trying to say DJ is you basically screwed yourself over when it comes to where you are in this company. You wasted your own damn time, when you coulda been at the top. You are your own worst enemy. I've seen you waste your own talent, using anger as a way to hide your lack of confidence. You're a waste DJ, you are the definition of wasted talent. If you want to seriously take my gold, seriously step up, stop being a whingy bitch and come at me like you've never come at anyone before. Come and fight, stop talking about how you don't wanna be here and just be here doing what you're good at. Don't go running away, don't go silent, come out and fight. I know you're probably embarrassed about being one of those silly little Dream Chaserz, and I feel that DJ, I feel sorry for you for ever being associated with the loser brigade but still, no need to whine and cry like a baby, use it to make yourself better."

I flick the hair out of my eyes

"Don't get me wrong gentlemen, you have no chance of taking what belongs to Despayre and I, you have zero chance of taking my gold, but we like to help the unfortunate by making them seem important, if only for one night. DJ, Blade, thank you stepping up, but like the rest, you will be knocked down"

I look up, staring down the camera.

"Believe that!"

I walk away from the scene, leaving the camera to focus purely on the lake in front of it.
>

MARRIED TO ODETTE STEVENS
FIRST EVER SCW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!
FORMER SCW TAG TEAM CHAMPION
FORMER NWA TAG TEAM CHAMPION
@SCWGabriel
#WhatsInYourHead>