Author Topic: “The Return of Team Go!”  (Read 894 times)

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“The Return of Team Go!”
« on: February 07, 2023, 01:14:27 PM »
(Carter was used with permission from Chris)

Sadly, Ariana’s dream of continuing her Roulette Title Reign into 2023 was not to be as she would lose the title in the Open Invitational Gauntlet after Crystal Caldwell escaped the building with the gold! However Ari would get one hell of a consolation prize in exchange for a title match against Crystal! Namely a future shot at the Bombshell Internet Championship currently held by Kayla Richards! But the result of Kayla’s last title match left no small amount of intrigue as the title match between Melissa and Kayla ended in a time limit draw!

But before the ramifications behind that draw could be ironed out, Ari had her first match since losing the title to worry about and it was a huge one as she was teaming with her bestie HB Carter! That’s right Team Go was back and they had stiff competition across the ring from them in the forms of the reigning Internet Champion Alexander Raven and his mysterious ally Luna Vanity! Raven had been dominant as champion and Lunar had been impressive but Ari and Carter had experience as a mixed tag team, can the besties win?

Leaving Ari’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 5th of February 2023, 15:00pm

You’d think I’d know better than to leave something like this until the literal last minute!

Today is the day for Climax Control 352 which is taking place in San Jose California this week! That’s a seven-hour drive but luckily it’s just an hour-long flight so we’ll get there in no time.

And even if it was a longer flight, well, thank the gods for Kayfabe Airlines!

As for why we’re leaving it so late? Admittedly poor planning on my part, I got so swamped with filming stuff for Recipe 4 Disaster that I was too tired to fly out yesterday and I’ve never been a fan of sleeping on airplanes so yeah, we left it until today! I’m not even scheduled to compete this week (heck I haven’t seen action since I lost the Bombshell Roulette Title) but with a Bombshell Internet Title match in my near future and a Bombshell Internet Title Match between Kayla and Melissa booked for tonight? I needed to be in San Jose for hype/scouting purposes.

”Okay, so one last final check.” I said after Francisco loaded the white board into the car (yes I am making that a thing from now on, gotta stand out somehow) and my fiancé turned to me. ”Everything’s been packed, right?”

”Everything’s packed and my sister Brianna is coming over to cat sit for us.” Francisco responded and I grinned, Athena had only been a part of our lives for a couple of months now but honestly? I couldn’t imagine life without that kitty. ”And next week we won’t make the same mistake, right?”

”Before today, when have I EVER made a scheduling mistake?” I asked before pausing when I saw the amused look on Francisco’s face. ”Don’t answer that!” I quickly added before we head pair of noises that caught us both off guard, a kitten meowing and a puppy barking, both from within our back garden. ”You heard that, right Franky?”

”As clear as day.” Francisco responded with a frown as we made our way back into the house to investigate. ”Cassie didn’t bring her new puppy over did she?”

”I’m not sure if Athena gets on with dogs since we got her as a stray, and even if I wasn’t hesitant about introducing Athena to dogs? Cassie and Krystal have been busy trying to regroup for most of the week after MPW closed.” I pointed out and Francisco nodded before we made our way to the back garden and honestly? What we saw caused our hearts to melt as Athena was playing with a male Labrador puppy, I wasn’t sure how the puppy got into our garden but that didn’t matter. ”Hello puppy, oh aren’t you the cutest thing ever?” I cooed as the puppy walked up to me with his tail wagging. ”No collar or identification tag, maybe he’s a stray like Athena was?”

”Maybe he is, he’s young and, well, we both know how smart Labs are from interacting with Tali.” Francisco nodded in agreement as he glanced over at our garden fence which the puppy could’ve squeezed under with ease, and no, our neighbours didn’t have any dogs otherwise we’d have asked them by now. ”I’ll call Brianna and tell her to bring some puppy food with her but we had better get him checked out at the vet! I know he seems healthy enough but it won’t hurt to air on the side of caution.”

”I was going to suggest that anyway, for now we should get him into the house.” I responded before picking up the puppy and carrying him into the house and Francisco did likewise with Athena.

Ariana’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 6th of February 2023, 14:00pm

Calling last night’s Climax Control eventful was putting it mildly.

I knew from the moment that Kayla’s title defence against Melissa was announced that I’d need to watch that match closely since whoever walked out of that title match the champion was going to have me in their sites next, but I can’t really say that I was expecting a Time Limit Draw to occur either! The fact that the draw happened did leave me wondering what it meant for the title match however because Kayla and Melissa now had unfinished business with each other.

Almost like imposing time limits on a title match is a bad idea or something!

But for the time being, my Internet Title Match wasn’t the only thing on my mind because my first match since losing the Bombshell Roulette Title at Inception VI had been made official and it was a match that I had been hoping for since Carter signed with SCW last summer! That’s right, Team Go were teaming up once again and because I can’t escape the attention of either of the Internet Champions, this match is against the male Internet Champion Alexander Raven and his mysterious ally Luna Vanity!

Luna had just debuted for the company two weeks ago and whilst she lost her debut match against Dawn Warren she was certainly impressive in her debut efforts! Alexander has been with the company for a little over a year now and he's managed to take the men’s division by storm! In other words? Me and Carter have quite the test ahead of us next week.

”I know your planning Valentine’s Stuff with Miles but thanks for coming over Carter!” I thanked my bestie as we walked into the house, naturally Zeus had been the first one to greet Carter and to say that my bestie fell in love with the Labrador Puppy in seconds is putting it mildly. ”Things have been so hectic since Inception VI that we haven’t really had a chance to talk, haven’t we?”

”Between SCW and our personal lives? Hectic is one word I’d use to describe it yeah!” Carter nodded in agreement before I lead him to the living room where Athena was sitting on the couch. ”Though honestly the thing that surprised me the most was that you found a puppy playing with your kitten in your backyard!” Carter added as he sat next to Athena and started stroking the kitten, Athena purred in response and I picked up Zeus so he could rest of my lap. ”Also, careful about have Zeus in your lap!”

”That Zeus practically populated the whole of Greece according to the myth, this Zeus is an adorable Labrador puppy who’s made me keep all my black pants and skirts in the wardrobe, I think I’ll be okay!” I joked in response as I stroked the puppy who wagged his tail in response. ”That said, we need to strategize for this Sunday’s match, not only is it my first match since losing the Roulette Title but it’s also my Team Go’s first match in what? Two? Three years?”

”Time flies when you’re having fun, and after Kayla’s draw against Melissa last night you need this win to get a momentum boost ahead of the Internet Title Match.” Carter pointed out that fact and that I nodded in agreement. ”Me? I need the win because I don’t want my last win before Blaze of Glory to be over Bill Barnhart!”

”And we’re facing tough competition, I thought for sure that the match between Raven ands Miles was going to end Raven’s title reign like it ended his Roulette Title reign but nope! And Luna hasn’t been around that long but she showed a lot of promise in her debut match against Dawn.” I added as I brushed some hair over my shoulder and Carter nodded in agreement. ”If there’s one thing we have over them, it’s experience as a team, heck we’ve been teaming together since our first full years as wrestlers, far as we know? This is Raven and Luca’s first time teaming up!”

”Yes, but on the flipside the last time we teamed together was right before I vacated my half of the Pride Tag Team Titles, I’d say Team Go needs to work off the ring rust!” Carter responded with a nod before Athena hopped off the couch and headed towards the kitchen where her litter box and food/water bowls were kept, last I checked her bowls were empty so it was likely that I was going to have to clean out her litter tray later. ”I’d almost say “where’s SCU when we need it” but if it weren’t for SCU closing you wouldn’t have had that title reign.”

”And your first title match on SCW TV wouldn’t have featured you doing your best Mrs. Pots impersonation!” I joked and Carter shook his head with a laugh as he thought back to that Roulette Title Match, one that would cause me to laugh if it came up on the wheel for this Sunday’s Main Event between Crystal and Jessie. ”Man, SCU closing really had a domino effect on our lives didn’t it?”

”That’s certainly a way to put it, yeah!” Carter nodded in agreement before Zeus lay down on his side. ”But no matter what happens on Sunday, teaming up with you again will be epic!”

”That we’re agreed on!” I responded with a grin before the topic shifted to other areas.

In front of Ariana’s board, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 6th of February 2023, 21:00pm

*promo time*

Oh boy!

”Today class I come bearing bad news, I didn’t walk out of Inception VI the Bombshell Roulette Champion and if you’ve been paying attention to the recent Climax Control episodes, then you know who is the new champion!” I stated as I pointed to the picture of Crystal Caldwell on the board and then to Jessie right next to it. ”Professionally? I wish Crystal the best of luck with her latest title reign, personally? I hope her reign’s a one and done and that Jessie takes the title from her on Sunday! But speaking of this Sunday’s show, I have more pressing matters on my mind, yes, even more pressing than my upcoming Internet Title Match which, thanks to last night’s draw, I don’t even know what the status of is!” I added before grinning broadly as I pointed to the picture of me and Carter. ”No, my focus is on the return of Team Go!”

Heck yes!

”That’s right, for the first time since Carter vacated his half of the Pride Tag Team Titles in SCU, Team Go is teaming up and we’ve got some stiff competition because we’re facing Alexander Raven and Luna Vanity!” I stated as I moved the pointer over to the picture of Raven and Luna. ”Raven is a guy who needs no introduction at this point, not only is this guy the reigning SCW Internet Champion but he’s defended the title against the likes of Austin James Mercer, Fenny-poo……….err, I mean Fenris and as of last night Miles Kasey! Luna literally only just joined the fed but she was impressive in her debut match against Dawn Warren two weeks ago, even in defeat.” As I talked about Raven’s opponents I moved the pointer to each picture of the superstar in question and then to Dawn’s picture when her name came up.

As I looked at the board I had to stop and wonder something.

”How on Earth did I manage to fit all this on the white board and keep it legible?!” I asked myself as I looked at the jumbled mess of pictures and text that was the white board that I had brought originally to keep track of the new participants in the Roulette Invitational Gauntlet but had now adopted it as part of my overall act. ”Seriously, this this wasn’t this jumbled when I was using it to keep track of my challengers in my last Roulette Title defence and that was an Open Invitational Match that had more than doubled its original number of participants come match time!” I added before sighing. ”At this rate I may say screw it and just get a chalk board installed in my home, those things can’t be that expensive, right?”

The things I do.

”And to think, this is just to keep track of all the stuff I’ve got going for me and Carter heading into our Mixed Tag Team Match against Alexander Raven and Luna Vanity!” I sighed to myself as I shook my head. ”Honestly? It’s almost enough for me to ask the bosses how they keep track of this stuff! But before I risk sitting on Christian’s cheesecake again, I’ve got a match to talk about, don’t I?” I asked as I pointed the pointer at the picture of Raven and Vanity, or more specifically? Raven himself. ”And I think it’s only right that I start with the current Internet Champion, even if Carter will be the one wrestling him on Sunday because believe it or not? I do have a personal stake in seeing Carter win this match!”

Starting with Raven.

”With Raven here we have a textbook definition of someone who’s come a long way since his debut because I thought he was just going to be another Roulette Division staple when he first debuted, no offence to either of the Roulette divisions by the way, unlike certain champions I respect the hard work that goes into those divisions especially since my first title reign was with the Bombshell Roulette Title! And my thoughts on Raven were seemingly cemented when he won the title, after that though?” I asked before moving the pointer to the Internet Title. ”Raven, you’ve been on a hot streak since you lost the men’s Roulette Title, a streak that I’m hoping to emulate in my own way if we’re being honest, from the guys you’ve turned away whilst holding that title to seemingly getting better every time I see you wrestle, I’d be surprised if you’re not up for Most Improved of 2023!”

But……..

”Okay, I’ll admit! Part of my motivation heading into this tag team match is helping Carter get an Internet Title Match! He’s my bestie, it’s the least I can do!” I added as I pointed to the picture of Team Go again, this time to Carter specifically. ”And before anyone points it out, yes I know that’s ultimately in the hands of the bosses, I’ve been a fan of SCW since I was thirteen, I know how things work around here! But I’m just saying, a win over Raven will do wonders for Carter’s chances of getting a title shot, won’t it? And if I can keep Luna busy whilst Carter scores the win over Raven then my job as his bestie will be done!”

Yes, I know that won’t be easy!

”But I’m not naïve enough to think that you’ll be an easy opponent for Carter Raven, after all you’re a champion for a darn good reason!” I said as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”But if anyone’s up to the task of ending your Internet Title reign, it’s my bestie Carter! And no, I’m not saying that because he’s my best friend! I’m saying that because Carter’s an excellent wrestler who, frankly? Needs a break after everything he’s been through over the past few months! And speaking of breaks, let’s give Raven a break for now and talk about Luna!”

The mysterious one!

”Luna, even though you’re the one I’ll be facing when the boys tag either of us in, I’ll admit, I don’t know a whole lot about you!” I admitted as I moved the pointer to Luna’s picture of the board. ”The fact that your still in your rookie year doesn’t help matters but I know from your match against Dawn Warren two weeks ago that you’re a highflyer like me, this should at least mean that our styles will mesh together nicely!” I added as I rested the pointer in my hands. ”But I think it’s time we had a pop quiz! Just how much do you know about little old me Luna?”

Good question!

”Here’s the rundown just in case your answer is “just as much as Ari knows about Luna”, I’ve been wrestling for a little over three years now, I’m a multiple time champion and I’m a graduate of the Go Gym, in other words? Not only do I have nothing to hide from you Luna but for once I’ve got the experience edge over someone in the Bombshell Division!” I added as I pointed the pointer at my picture. ”Meaning that I’ll know a few more high flying tricks than you when we’re tagged in Luna and that’s bad news for you and Raven because I’m out to gain some momentum heading into my Bombshell Internet Title Match and after last night’s draw between Kayla and Melissa? I don’t need you getting a pinfall win over me muddying the waters any further!”

Seriously!

”I’m seriously concerned that Luna getting the pin over the current #1 Contender one week after the Bombshell Internet Champion fought their last challenger to a tie will give the bosses the mother of all headaches! And after I sat on Christian’s cheesecake two weeks ago? I don’t want to do anything else that could potentially land me in further hot water with him!” I added before shaking my head. ”And honestly? I ran out of room on the board for Christian’s picture hence why he and Mark aren’t up there either even though they are potentially big players in the match, albeit indirectly! But yeah, those are the stakes for me Luna and this Sunday I’ll be fighting like a lioness to make sure that nothing else that could potentially impact my title match happens!”

It’s that simple.

”I’ll admit, when Carter signed with SCW last Summer, I was wondering when the bosses were going to get around too booking a Team Go reunion! And I can’t help but wonder if my Roulette Title Reign delayed the reunion by a few months but I’m not here to play conspiracy theorist!” I said before holding the pointer over my shoulder and putting my free hand on my hip. ”I’m here to bounce back from losing the Roulette Title at Inception VI and with my bestie at my side? me and Carter can’t lose!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”And with everything I’ve just talked about in regards to the promo? I have a lot on my mind heading into this Mixed Tag Team Match!” I admitted as I pointed to the picture of me and Carter. ”That concludes today’s lesson class, how Team Go are gonna kick butt in their return match and Go The Distance! And if I can make Luna bask in the glow of the Greek Angel’s Light then it’ll be all the sweeter!”

I walked off as the scene fades.