Author Topic: Judge a Book  (Read 363 times)

Offline Shane Hawthorne

• Five Feet of Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Violet Amelia Holt
Judge a Book
« on: October 12, 2018, 11:56:47 PM »
 The sun is beaming down on the backs of Jack Stewart and Beverly Milsap as they are sitting on a concrete bench just outside their office building. They were quietly conversing back and forth about how to combat the so called experience level on the team they are about to face. Jack never let his smile droop as he just calmly took a breath.

"I don't know why you are so worried about this match up Bev. All they did was poke fun at our occupation and make it sound like we have no clue on what to do in that ring. Boy, we they be in for a rude awakening when they realize that we aren't just nerds with no skill. We are true professional wrestlers with a ton of heart and passion for the sport. They are like everyone else. They think holding championships make you a big time deal and yet before now they didn't even have anyone who can make them think. We hold the cards Bev and I plan on making them sweat a little bit more," he states while rubbing the ball of his chin with his right index finger.

Beverly sat there for a minute when Char Kwan steps out from the building holding her cell phone in her hand. She spots her two teammates and waves at them.

"Hi guys," she says.

Beverly is the first to notice her as Jack is just staring off into the distance.

"Hey Char," says a bummed out Beverly.

Char noticed the heavy tone in Beverly's voice and slowly walks over towards her.

"What seems to be the matter Beverly?" asks Char.

"Beverly is just trying to understand why some people are so arrogant that they can't see how we move in the ring. She is practically scared of London Underground, which I don't see why. They are just normal people like us. They put their pants on one leg at a time like we do. I just don't get why anyone would be so intimated by two grown men acting like they are in some sort of Mafia when that shit went out of style years ago," blurts out Jack as Char slowly nods her head.

"Oh I see," says Char as she bends down in front of Beverly and takes her hands into her own.

Before Beverly can respond, Spencer Gosling and Jimmy Andrews comes sprinting out of the building. They are holding their cell phones in their hands with beads of sweat just pouring down their face.

"Guys, the boss man is coming," says Spencer.

Char and Jack just shrug their shoulders as Jimmy points at Beverly.

"What's wrong with Bevy?" he asks with concern in his voice.

"Nothing Jimmy. I'm just a little nervous about facing London Underground since they clearly show no respect towards me or any of us for that matter," answers Becerly.

Jimmy looks at her.

"So what, those jerks wouldn't know respect if it was standing right in front of them. My Uncle Travis is a legend in SCW whether they like it or not. He busted his ass for this company for two years before they ever made their appearance. It's obvious they didn't watch Char and I defeat the two maniacs in our debut. It's obvious they spent more time trying to persuade the media to make them this big deal. I think they are just nervous that Jack and yourself will expose them as the shit wrestlers they truly are," responds Jimmy.

"You are right Jimmy. All they did was talk about how I snuck through the back door. They didn't even notice that I have experience inside the ring. Hell, so does Jack. Between the two of us, I am certain we can do the unthinkable. We are talented. We are driven and we are determined to prove everyone wrong. We are not going to lie down. If they want to win then they will earn it," retorts Beverly.

Jack claps his hands together while giving them a very dark look.

"ITS GAME TIME and we are going to take you clowns to the very limit. Before you know it, it will be to late to scream reset. All you will hear is GAME OVER. We are prepared for war. Are you?" says Jack as the scene fades.