Author Topic: Rocking it in the ring.  (Read 384 times)

Offline Jake Raab

• "The Fiery Target"
    • View Profile
    • Jake Raab
Rocking it in the ring.
« on: April 05, 2019, 11:58:21 PM »
 Showing off his character to Justin. Düsseldorf, Germany. Thursday 4th April. (Off camera)

Most of last week, Jake's been recovering yet again, but this time, it wasn't the attack done on his shoulder, it was the attack on his face with a cactus that caused Jake once again not to do such heavy training. Although it wasn't affecting him when he did training, just a ton of scars and spikes he had to have taken out of his face, it was a lot like his cousin Markus Raab who Jake found out a few days ago Markus had surgery on his face two years ago because of skin cancer Markus had.

It was a shock to him, but he didn't know Markus until he made up with Konrad being there to assist them along. Although Jake saw Konrad a few days before the match against Vinnie and Amy and was very concerned about him, feeling like he wasn't able to do anything, but talk to him because he had no experience with Konrad's mental health. However, he was told by Markus he'll speak with Konrad as he's got more experience in that area than Jake does.

It didn't mean Jake had problems of his own when he's having loss after loss from his matches as of late as while he spent a lot of time with his family, one thing he barely spent any time on was his character as they were in Germany, standing in a small theatre. Although it wasn't Jake's acting school lesson at all today, he needed to show Justin Mountain of his character with him having his toy bow and arrow with him with a few archery targets. They were sitting on the seats as Justin speaks.

Justin Mountain: “I can see you want to show me something.”

Jake Raab: “I have to; it's the only thing I'm neglecting right now. I might have scars on my face, I might even be on a two-match losing streak, and I've even done gym training. Me showing you my character is something I haven't done.”

Justin Mountain: “Well I'm not the only one who hasn't seen it either.”

Jake thought hard for a second on what Justin was on about, until he figured out as he sighs, nodding in agreement as he says this.

Jake Raab: “You see, I was going to show them on the last show, but because of scars on my face, I haven't been able to show up with it. I know I need to show you and the SCW audience badly. Even the SCW management truthfully want me in front of a camera more.”

Justin Mountain: “So I've been told. Of course, I understand you're not a confident guy on camera, even when you do your match videos, you lack confidence, but in this case, you have the right to be pissed and mad at Vinnie for doing what he did during the match, costing you and Keira for the tournament win.”

Jake Raab: “Knowing the other two idiots, including one who's champion, they'll likely say I deserve it and everything else they'll say from their god damn mouths.”

Justin Mountain: “Let's not focus on them, focus on why Jake Raab's known as the fiery target. Imagine the wrestling crowd are there, watching you, but you have targets set up on the ramp, watching you let fire with your arrows.”

Jake nods as it was a relief to talk about wrestling as he hadn't done much of that since the meeting with Konrad last week. He has to focus entirely on himself as he stands up from the chairs, looking in front of the stage as he goes around the side of the stage and walks up on stage. He sees there were more arrows in the arrows bucket, suited for his toy bow as he places four of the arrows that came with the toy in the bucket with them.

Justin wanted to sit and see how Jake was able to pull this off with only a small crowd of Justin and a few stage crew members who were setting the stage up for The State of Being Earnest that starts tomorrow night.

Jake gulps a bit, feeling nervous as he places his arm guard on his right hand, and he starts to line the arrow up, closing his right eye to get the aim, and he realises the arrow to hit near the bullseye. He repeats doing so a few times as Justin sees the smile on Jake's face, enjoying himself and he applauds Jake before challenging him a bit farther.

Justin Mountain: “Good job fiery target. Use those arrows like four of them have been lit on fire, and you have to use them in twenty seconds before you get burnt.”

Jake nods as he quickly draws the arrow and hits many targets, hits many nine and ten pointer score and it was down to Jake's confidence that has come through now on him wanting to do this without drawing enough attention and wasn't the same old wrestler standing in front of a camera to talk as it's not his thing.

Justin Mountain: “Why are you so shy doing this?”

Jake Raab: “I'm not a fan of having camera attention on me. I hated myself for a little while after bitching and moaning about things. After that, I refused to stand in front of a crowd and talk backstage again.”

Justin Mountain: “Because you feared of getting a negative reaction?”

Jake Raab: “At that point of time, yes I was. I don't want to be a bad person or lose control of myself like one of my cousins have, I want to be myself, and if it takes I'll go to hurt Vinnie, even costing him and his partner the tournament, I will do it.”

Justin Mountain: “I'm not sure seeking revenge for what he did to you is going to solve anything, especially when you're not facing him in a solo's match.”

Jake shrugged his shoulders as due to him being so busy, he had no clue on who his opponent was, although he in his mind thought Senior Vinnie was going to be his opponent on the next Climate Control show. Jake gets back to the targets, not caring about his upcoming opponent for now as he hits many targets that left Justin impressed on how he was developing his character.

Justin Mountain: “Have you joined any archery classes since you've come here?”

Jake Raab: “In America, I'm in the archery club. Since I've been in Germany, no, I don't know where there is an archery class. I don't have a computer or laptop because I haven't been able to afford one.”

Justin Mountain: “How do you get your videos posted if you don't have a computer or laptop?”

Jake Raab: “I'll have SCW media management to deal with my stuff, regarding my videos for matches.”

Justin Mountain: “Why didn't you say? I got my laptop here with me so let me find some archery classes you can take here in Düsseldorf, provided you have an archery licence that is.”

Jake nods as he even pulls out an archery licence card to show his trainer as Justin then nods at Jake and puts it in his pocket as he fires a few targets on the archery board with his bow and arrow before Justin called his name. Jake takes all the arrows off the archery board and places them in the arrows bucket. He takes off his arm guard and puts it with the others before he gets off the stage and sits next to Justin, and Justin turns his laptop around and Jake says this.

Jake Raab: “All this time I've lived in Düsseldorf, I never knew there was an archery class.”

Justin Mountain: “Have you always wanted to do archery?”

Jake Raab: “I never really paid any attention to it.”

Justin Mountain: “There's your answer. Just because you came from and used to live here, doesn't mean you know everything about Düsseldorf as it's a big place after all. I can see why you spend time here instead of being in the UK, especially when you're an hour or two hours in some cases away from the UK.”

Justin had a piece of paper luckily for Jake as he wrote down the address and the phone number for Jake to own his skills in the archery class he wants to do a lot more than he has, mostly because of his busted shoulder and his scars on his face from being hit with a cactus. Justin, however, knew he hadn't even mentioned Jake's opponent, and it was only two days away.

Justin Mountain: “Now, speaking of Climax Control, you're going up against Griffin Hawkins.”

Jake Raab: “Hm, I don't know that guy.”

Justin Mountain: “Have you not studied anything not related to Lord Raab's success here?”

Jake Raab: “Truth been told, no I haven't.”

Justin Mountain: “Study up lad because you're gonna need it against him. He was the undefeated Internet champion, defeated top names like Calvin Harris, Crimson, Steve Ramone, Christian. He likes to play rock music.”

Jake Raab: “So he's a Steve Ramone rip off?”

Justin Mountain: “Well, not exactly as he's a lot better than him in the ring. Now spend all of tomorrow, studying up on Griffin Hawkins on his moves and even him as a person. I suggest you start with his win against Kedron from two weeks ago.”

Jake Raab: “No problem.”

It was clear Justin couldn't see how Jake was going to win the match against Griffin if he never even heard of the guy until now and told him where to start on a few places in a few short words as it was clear, Jake hadn't followed much if anything about SCW's history. After spending all of Friday, studying DVDs and even some of the recent and previous shows, Jake realised it was another big test he has ahead of him, and the next day after his archery classes, Jake goes on camera and speaks to everyone.

--------------------------------------

Let's rock it in the ring Jake's camera (On camera)

“Well, I'm not on a good run right now, losing the fatal four way and then blowing my chances in the tournament, well controversial loss it was, but I'm not going to make excuses about it because it was my own doing. Do I deserve a title shot? No, I don't, but unlike some, I'm not going to blame anybody. No need to when it was all my own doing, despite Senior Vinnie striking my face with a cactus, leaving scars on my face.

Moving onto Griffin Hawkins who's my opponent this week. OK, so I had to research everything literally for almost fifteen hours on Friday, watching DVDs and learning about Griffin's history of the opponents he's defeated. He's defeated everyone he came across. For sure, Griffin's biggest wins came from beating Calvin Harris and Crimson in his time here.

Incredible indeed one could say about Griffin with the competition SCW had at the time, but I do feel things would've been different if he fought against J2H in his time here which I found out he never did. However, despite all of that and the win against Kedron, still doesn't mean you can come out and claim you're challenging for the Roulette title. Do I want to win titles?

Of course, I do, every single wrestler in the business does, or to some extent, but you're just as bad as I was, claiming your rights to a title shot. Does that mean all titles Lord Raab's won in SCW that he's entitled to a title shot right away? Sorry pal, but it doesn't work that way. Do I rate you highly as a wrestler? Yes, I do, and I admit you're another tough test in the way.

However as talented as you are as a wrestler, even in EWC with your records also well known, do you need to brag about your past wins and title achievements here? No, you don't, and you still should work for things as I'm beginning to learn about wrestling and the business. I don't know if you're a rock star out of wrestling or you play in a band during your spare time still, but it won't do you any good when you're facing the fiery target.

Especially when you are a target in my own eyes and let the arrows rip out of me when I go in the ring and beat you down in the ring because unlike Kedron, I'm the most significant threat you've faced. You got to handle the fact the fiery arrow target is going to come at your way, proving the world wrong that the losses are just a speed bump from achieving success here when I'm one of the hungriest non-champions around, certainly more than you.

That's going to be the biggest thing in this match and all the pressure is on you to beat me, but you won't because you're going to have an extremely difficult time to do so and that I've made a few changes nobody has seen on camera as of yet. Tomorrow night in Edinburgh, Scotland, I will do anything in the rules, of course, to defeat you, having my hand raised in the ring, knowing I was a better wrestler than you. See you out there Griffin.”
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 12:04:18 AM by Jake Raab »
>