Author Topic: “ ROADBLOCK ”  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Aleesha Jones

• View Profile
“ ROADBLOCK ”
« on: September 08, 2023, 03:07:46 AM »
( This is utter trash, but something has to be posted. Good luck! )

Inside the liquor store Aleesha was browsing through each aisle as she walked along. Already had a basket in her hand and it was becoming heavy. Couple different bottles of liquor were in the basket. Aleesha finally stopped in front of a row of Tequila. She eyeballed them a little bit before picking up a bottle. At that very moment Fable - her girlfriend was rounding the corner with some red solo cups. Taking one look at the basket that Aleesha had and couldn’t help herself.

FABLE: Jesus Christ!

ALEESHA: What?!

Of course Aleesha put her attention right on the blonde with her eyebrow raised slightly in confusion.

FABLE: What do you mean what?! Do you think you NEED all of that?

ALEESHA: First of all, it’s not a matter of need versus a matter of want. Besides, I’m going to be celebrating with the fans. It’s got to be a big deal!

FABLE: Have you thought of how much all of that is even going to cost you?

ALEESHA: Got a credit card for a reason, lover.

FABLE: And now we’re going to have to have a conversation about financial responsibility. I’m starting to feel more like your mother than your girlfriend sometimes.

Aleesha just looked at Fable before rolling her eyes for a moment. Taking that bottle of tequila and putting it in the basket. Starting to walk past Fable and headed for the front counter of the liquor store.

FABLE: Are you sure they’re even going to let you have this big elaborate celebration? After everything I’ve heard for months. It sounds like they were against you for the longest.

ALEESHA: To be fair. I’m not exactly asking them for permission.

FABLE: Yeah, that’s going to go over well...

ALEESHA: Look, I’m not trying to hold a grudge against anyone. I may have felt like I was mistreated and wasn’t given a fair shake. It’s in the past, but now that I’ve got some clout. More importantly now that I’m their Bombshell Internet Champion. I feel like I’ve got more pull to kind of do what I want. If that makes sense. If they don’t like it? Then so be it. I mean for crying out loud they let the goofiest shit I’ve ever seen with Krystal Wolfe and Keira Fisher take place on a super card. I feel like me having a celebration with the fans isn’t that big of a deal.

FABLE: I mean... you’re trying to get drunk with a bunch of strangers. All of which act like animals at wrestling shows anyway. Introducing free alcohol and who knows how that’s going to go. I simply don’t think it’s a good idea.

ALEESHA: I see and respect your opinion, but I’m going to do what I want on this one. I worked my behind off. I went through hell and high water. I had to dig down deep to beat Kayla. I’m having this celebration. I’ve earned this!

The two had a very interesting relationship. They didn’t really fight but at times their opinion did differ from each other. That had a lot to do with the age gap. Aleesha had finally approached the counter as she sat the basket on it and began to pull out all the bottles of liquor. Instantly there was a bit of excitement in the cashier’s voice.

RYAN: Hey! I think I know you.

ALEESHA: Me?

RYAN: Yes, you. Aren’t you a wrestler?

ALEESHA: No, no I’m not.

FABLE: Aleesha! Don’t lie to the poor boy.

RYAN: I know exactly where I’ve seen your face!

He briefly reached under the counter and pulled out a flier that was promoting the Climax Control show that was taking place in a few days at LA Live. He pointed to Aleesha’s face. She was front and center of the flier with a couple other fellow SCW stars.

ALEESHA: Oh.

RYAN: Yeah! I knew it was you when you walked in here.

ALEESHA: Well, I appreciate that you know who I am. But could we ring this stuff up please? I’m not trying to be rude or anything. Just got things to do... and this whole being recognized thing is new for me.

RYAN: It’s going to happen a lot. These are going to be all over the city. And if you’re a champion now. There is no doubt eyes are going to be on you.

ALEESHA: Grrrreeeeaaaat.

FABLE: Sometimes it’s a curse, other times it’s a blessing. It’s all about your mindset.

Underneath the surface Aleesha was still very much a shy little girl. SHe had always been awkward in school. She had never been the most popular. She flew under the radar for a long time. Even her short time in SCW. She wasn’t noticed that often. But now this was a very real possibility.

RYAN: I hate to be this guy, but no one is ever going to believe me. Do you think I could get a picture?

ALEESHA: Uh, I really just want to get this stuff paid for.

RYAN: I’ll give you a discount.

ALEESHA: Sold! See, and you were worried about me spending all that money?

In a spiteful manner, she stuck her tongue out towards Fable. The cashier came out from around the counter with his phone in hand. Approaching Fable with it.

RYAN: Do you mind?

FABLE: No, of course not.

She took the young man’s phone in her hand. As the cashier took his spot beside Aleesha with a big smile on his expression. Aleesha just stuck her tongue out to the side and held up her hand with a peace sign. Allowing Fable to take the photo. One quick snap and it was over. Cashier stepped forward to retrieve his phone before heading back behind the counter. As he began to scan her items, Aleesha heard her phone ringing. Reaching into her back pocket where her phone was.

ALEESHA: Ugh, who is that?

She unlocked her phone and brought the phone to her ear.

ALEESHA: Hello? ... Yeah, I made it to LA last night ... What? What do you mean?! ... I don’t have a problem with it. It’s just that I had something planned ... Uh, yeah. That’s fine. I’ll see you, Sunday.

The sour look on Aleesha’s face said it all. Whatever conversation she had just had wasn’t one that left her very happy. She turned her attention to the cashier.

RYAN: That’s going to come to one fourteen eighty nine.

ALEESHA: Some discount.

She was putting her card into the card reader as her statement took place. Once the transaction was complete she picked up the bag of her goodies and began to storm out of the liquor store. Marching for the rental there in the parking lot. Fable not too far behind her. Sensing the attitude.

FABLE: What’s the issue?

ALEESHA: People, people are the issue Fable.

FABLE: Care to elaborate?

ALEESHA: You know, it’s just one of those things where I can’t have my moment in the sun. I make something happen. I have a big moment in my career and something is out to ruin it.

FABLE: Still not following, love.

ALEESHA: That phone call was to tell me that I’ll be defending the championship on Sunday. Because some dumb cunt that won Queen of the Ring has the booking power for the show. And she’s decided I have to defend it... against someone who is far from deserving.

Tossing the sack of liquor into the backseat of the car. She slammed the door shut, clearly still very annoyed with the situation at hand.

FABLE: I mean... this is a chance to prove that it wasn’t a fluke or a flash in the pan. You know how people are.

ALEESHA: Like I told them. I’ve got zero problem being a fighting champion. That’s more than a lot of people have been in this company. But this isn’t just booking a match to book a match. It’s retaliation of some kind. I can feel it. I can’t even have a proper celebration because I have to constantly deal with jealous bitches lurking in the shadows.

FABLE: This might be one of the silliest things I’ve ever heard a pro wrestling company do. They’re literally letting the inmates run the asylum?

ALEESHA: Ugh, let’s just go. I don’t want to think about it any longer.

She had made up her mind as she walked around to the driver’s side of the rental to climb in. Fable slightly shook her head, realizing how the rest of the evening was going to go with a very unhappy Aleesha. Climbing in on her side as they began to pull out of the parking lot moments later.

ROADBLOCK

Diary Entry #6
September 7th, 2023

Roadblocks are something that are always going to exist in life...

There’s literally no way to avoid them. After all they do say that nothing you truly want in life comes easy. And I’m learning that is one of the most true statements that have ever been stated. Although, I would make the argument that someone that’s only twenty two years old that I’ve had to deal with more roadblocks than I should’ve. It’s very much like whatever higher power that exists is going out of their way to test me at every chance they get.

It started when I was a young girl that was struggling trying to figure out who I was, where I fit in, and what I was going to do with my life. It carried over into being the only girl in my class when I started training to wrestle. Then it followed me here to SCW. Where I felt like I was being overlooked constantly. Or that I wasn’t getting the recognition that I thought I was deserving of. Yet, each roadblock that was placed in front of me. I fought to get past it at all costs and I did just that.

And when I talk about the roadblock that was Kayla Richards back at Violent Conduct. That was the toughest one to date. However, I felt like once I got past that. Once I came out the otherside that maybe just maybe things would lighten up just a little bit. But of course, I should have known better. I should have known that I wasn’t going to get a proper chance to relax. Especially when you got the most jealous and most petty people in the locker room.

This is leading to the next roadblock in my career. As well as my first championship defense as the Bombshell Internet Champion. I’ve been quote unquote hand chosen by the ‘Queen’ to defend my championship against a veteran in Laura Phoenix this coming Sunday in Los Angeles. To some people this might be considered a blessing. They’d say that I am looking at things wrong. They’d say I should be excited to be in the ring with Laura and should want to be defending my championship.

Of course to that I would say. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. But at the same time people are going to do what they can to paint me in a certain light. That’s just another roadblock in the road. You see there are some things I’ll address in front of the cameras, but for me personally. I don’t really mind getting in the ring with Laura. She’s a hell of a talent. Her career and her reputation speaks for itself. I’m sure that there’s quite a bit that she can teach me from being in the ring with her.

Because after all in this business. You truly don’t ever stop learning. So, that’s going to be an experience in itself. And I really don’t even have a problem being a fighting champion. I want to be someone that’s special. I want to be someone that brings something new, fresh, and exciting. But the problem I have more than anything is I feel like every turn of the corner. It feels like someone has it out for me. Before I couldn’t even get a chance. I couldn’t get an opportunity. Now that I did and I made the most of it.

The game shifts, but the goal is still the same. I’m being forced to defend my championship right off the rip. Yet, Kayla spent a whole month at home. No one batted an eye about it. No one forced her to come to work. She wasn’t forced into matches. Someone like Tempest is used as a spectacle. Don’t see her being forced into matches every single week. And hell, even Queen Zoey herself. She’s done nothing of importance. Gets put into a situation she didn’t really earn. Made the most it...

And now she gets to dictate how my first championship defense happens. Per usual SCW management is allowing this stuff. The same management that ignored me when I was begging and pleading for an opportunity. But as I write this, I know what needs to be done. Crying and whining about it isn’t going to do anything. Pointing out the unfair treatment and the bias-ness isn’t going to change anything. I’m pretty much shit out of luck. I have to deal with it and deal with it, I shall.

As much as I wanted to just celebrate with the people that supported me. I’ll have to do it in a different manner by meeting this challenge head on. I’ll take on this roadblock. Like I have every other one I’ve dealt with. Because the last thing I’m going to do is allow someone to take away everything I’ve worked for. I’m not going to let someone’s bitterness or jealousy try to cost me something. I’m not going to let some veteran try to bulldoze over me just because they feel like they can.

I know it isn’t going to be easy. It’s not going to be a walk in the park. It’s going to test me once again and force me to dig even deeper than I have before this. But in the end... No matter what it takes. Somehow, someway, I am going to go through this roadblock and come out the otherside still your SCW Bombshell Internet Champion!

xoxo
ALEESHA

Violent Conduct had come and it had gone. On that night for some, it was the best night of their lives. For others it was the most painful night of their lives, and for a few more it was a disappointing night. For a woman by the name of Aleesha. It was the best night of her young career so far. A night that she intended to celebrate on this week’s Climax Control, but it seemed like others had something else in mind. Under the bright lights of Los Angeles, California. Specifically on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, an official SCW camera crew was on hand with the Bombshell Internet Champion. Her heels clicked against the pavement as she walked past people. That championship shining bright on her shoulder.

I wish I could say that I’m surprised but I’m not.

For a moment there was a brief shake in her head.

The more and more time I spend with Sin City Wrestling. The more and more I learn each week. While that isn’t a shot at the company itself, but it is a shot at the locker room. You see ninety five percent of the locker room is filled with the most selfish-egotistical people that have ever existed. Now, don’t get me wrong. I know this is professional wrestling and these things are bound to happen - more often than not, but it doesn’t mean I can’t be vocal about it. That brings me to this week with Climax Control right around the corner. Imagine winning the Queen for a Day or whatever the heck it’s called.

You got the chance, you got the opportunity, and you got the right to make some matches. First thing you do is book yourself in the main event with a shot at the most prestigious championship to the bombshell division. The Bombshell World Championship. And you’ve got no qualms about doing so. Despite you not doing anything important for months. Despite your win-loss record showing that you don’t belong in that situation. Despite not a single fan wanting to see that match. Zoey Lukas showed her true colors. You’re a self centered woman, but a joke at the same time.

Aleesha was far more opinionated than she was anything else. Even if it didn’t make her friends or do her any favors. She was going to say what she felt needed to be said. Zoey being the target of a tongue lashing for this moment.

I’m personally going to enjoy watching Courtney send you to the shadow realm. Hopefully for the sake of everyone else. That’s where you’ll stay once she cleans your clock. But, of course everyone is wondering why I’ve got something to say about Zoey right? Well, when you get the power she does. She didn’t use it for good. She used it for her own selfish reasons, but also at the same time. She did it to try and fuck with me. You see I’ve never crossed the woman’s path. I’ve never said two words about her till now. Yet, all of the sudden she wants to start toying with me. Start butting her nose in my business. She took it upon herself to make me defend my Bombshell Internet Championship on this up and coming Climax Control. That just doesn’t sit right with me.

By now there were people starting to take notice of the champion. Kind of heard to ignore with a championship draped over your shoulder in such a public setting. However, attention was a good thing, especially when it would bring my eyes to the company.

Before the Karens of the world start getting bent out of shape. Let me make it clear, I’ve got no problem being a fighting champion. I don’t want to be like Kayla who sat at home for over a month while holding the championship. So, I want to be a fighting champion but I want to be a fighting champion where it matters and against the people that are deserving. Not because little miss fuckwit Zoey has the power to make whatever matches she wants. Honestly, it’s giving jealousy energy. Maybe she’s a friend of Kayla's. And maybe she’s bitter like Kayla is bitter over the loss. I gave that hoe a two piece and a biscuit to win this championship.

So, her genius idea is to put me in a championship defense with the belief that I’m going to lose. Now of course, I could be making all of this up in my head. But in the short time I’ve dealt with the women in this locker room. I wouldn’t say my mindset is that far off. But of course, Zoey if that was your game plan. You should’ve chosen a better opponent for me to defend the championship against. Laura Phoenix was your choice? I’ll come back to her in just a second but c’mon baby girl. You gotta do better than this. You should’ve just chosen Kayla. But I understand, she’s too busy licking her wounds and sulking over getting her teeth kicked in.

Aleesha had a little bit of a grin spread across her dark lipstick painted lips. She may have come off as arrogant at times, but she was a firm believer. If she didn’t believe in herself. Then no one else would.

Either way what’s been done has been done. I will deal with the consequences of Zoey’s action. But if she’s betting on putting me in this situation being my downfall. She got another thing coming. Hell, that goes for anyone else as far as I’m concerned. I don’t intend to lose this championship anytime soon. That being said, it brings me right back to you, Laura. I’m not as foolish as some of these young up and comers. I know that your reputation speaks for itself. You’re a veteran in this business. Some might even say that your career and the things you’ve done puts you in that legendary category. I can respect someone that’s been down the roads before. I can respect someone that went through the struggle. I can respect someone that fought and clawed for everything they have. But... What I cannot respect is someone just taking a handout.

Those comments right there were certainly going to peak the interest of the SCW audience.

And who am I to say something like that right? Is that what’s going through your head, Laura? After all when you think about it. I took a handout with Kayla. I was given a freebie title shot. Based on Kayla’s choice. However, even though that might be the case. Our situation is a little different. I had been fighting, I had been begging, I had been pleading, and I had been doing everything I could in order to get an opportunity. It didn’t even need to be a championship match. I just wanted the chance to show that I could be a factor inside of Sin City Wrestling. I was continuously overlooked and looked past until Kayla made her call to defend the championship against me.

What have you done to be considered for this chance, Laura? Because as far as I’m concerned. You’re only as good as your last match. And needless to say despite your career being so iconic since stepping inside this company’s walls. You’ve been anything but that. You’ve been with the company since the end of March. You’ve had nine matches. Five of them you came up short in. Four of them you won. But the craziest part about those statistics is three out of the nine matches you’ve had were championship matches. Now you’re entering your fourth. Far more chances and opportunities I’ve been given and we didn’t enter the company that much far apart from each other. Kind of says something doesn’t it, Laura?

At least to me, it tells me that bias-ness is a thing. Not is it a thing, but you’re also riding high on said bias-ness. And I’m sure there is someone out there that is going to ask. How can you be the blame for other people’s actions and decisions? Well, you can’t be to blame for it, but you could also put your foot down. You could be like, I don’t deserve this. Or hell, you can even be like I thank you for the chance and the opportunity but I’d rather earn my way in. Something you’ve not done one time Laura. And that tells me that you’re okay with a handout. It tells me you’re okay with a freebie. It tells me that you’re okay with your reputation getting you somewhere over much more deserving talent.

Once again she shook her head from side to side. As a look of actual disappointment filled the facial expressions of the young champion.

Out of the four championship opportunities you’ve had Laura. Only one of them you earned. Only one. You earned the right to face Kayla during her run some couple months back. However that was the last time we saw the Laura that wants to be at her best and wants to actually work at being the best. Since then, you were practically handed two Bombshell Roulette Championship matches. Well, I guess you technically answered an open challenge to one of those times. That was still pretty much walking into a situation where you didn’t have to work for something. And despite all of that. Each time you came up short. You couldn’t beat Kayla. You couldn’t beat Jessie. Yet, somehow you think you’re going to beat me? Listen sweetheart, this dream world that you’re living in right this second. It’s time for you to pinch yourself and wake up before I’m forced to turn a dream into a nightmare.

Finally, those heels of hers stopped clicking against the pavement. She stopped and kept her focus on the cameras. Several people could be seen walking past her with their cell phones out. Snapping pictures and videos. Clearly, understanding they were in the presence of someone of importance.

Maybe that’s a little arrogant of me to say. Although, I don’t feel it’s that out of pocket considering some of the other things that have been said over the years. But this championship...

Aleesha took it right off her shoulder to show it off.

This means the world to me right now. You nor anyone else cares about my sob story. I don’t expect what I say to make a difference. Especially not when you got your own selfish agenda. I get that and even in a weird way. I respect that. But like I said following my win at Violent Conduct. Holding this championship means something to me. It’s more than just being champion for the first time in my career. This championship represents my grandmother, the only person in my life that ever believed in me. And yes, at some point I have to stop living in the past. At some point I gotta stop living to make her proud. I’ve got to stop holding this to such a high standard, and start doing this for myself. But right now that time has not come. So the last thing I’m going to do is let someone take this from me prematurely.

At the same time though, Laura. This championship is also for every single fan that has cheered me on. This championship is for every little girl that has a big dream. This championship is for every person that was told they couldn’t do something. This championship is for every single person that was ever considered different, or weird, or didn’t fit in. I’m living proof that you can make your wildest dreams come true. I’m living proof that you can’t let people dictate how things go for you. And I’m also living proof that you can be whatever you want and achieve whatever you want despite how weird, awkward, uncool you might seem to the rest of society. These are people I have to fight for. These are people I cannot let down. I have to be at my best, and that’s what you’ll get out of me.

I’m sure that at one point Laura. You fought for someone. Something motivated you. Someone motivated you. You had that never give up attitude and didn’t want to let yourself or your inner circle down. If you’ve been through that. Then I’m more than sure that you’re going to understand what you’re climbing into the ring with on Sunday Night. I’m quite literally going to be a freight train that’s going to go through anyone and everything in order to make sure my goal is accomplished. You can either respect me for what I’m about to go and what I have to do. Or you can hate me for it. At the end of the day, I don’t care what people think of me. This is my life, this is my story. I’ll live it and tell it how I see fit.

Following those words Aleesha put the championship back over her shoulder where it had sat previously. Her eyes are still very much locked on the cameras.

That I am more than aware at this point Laura. I’ve probably left a little bit of a bad taste in your mouth about me. You probably think I’m some young kid that doesn’t know what she’s talking about or feel like I don’t have any proper respect for this business or the people that came before me. You might think I’m a mouthy little bitch. Hell, you might even think that I’m in over my head. At the end of the day, Laura. You have the right to think whatever you want. But I want you to understand this much about me. Although, I might question your character. Although, I might call you out on shit I deem wrong.

Although, I might not like how you’re going about things in my eyes. At the end of the day, I still respect the wrestler that you are. I’ve got no doubt that when we step into the ring with each other that you’re going to bring the best that you’ve got. You’ll meet me head on with that it’s on sight energy. I don’t expect anything less, and in fact. If you did come at me with anything less then I’d be truly disappointed. But the point is, I respect you as a wrestler and I have no doubt in my mind that it’s going to be a hell of a match. This just happens to be a situation where you end up on the losing end of things.

Slightly, she shrugged her shoulders a little bit.

Embrace yourself Laura. Heathen Hours are upon us!

With a small little wink to the cameras. Like it was the last little direct message to her opponent. Aleesha found herself walking forward again, but this time walking right on past the camera crew. There was a certain swagger about her with every step she made. That confidence is in full effect. Of course the cameras crew got a close up of her walking away. Before they fade to black. Leaving the audience to wonder what would happen when these two women met each other for the first time.