Author Topic: Family Frustrations  (Read 2730 times)

Offline Austin James Mercer

• View Profile
    • Austin James Mercer
Family Frustrations
« on: August 11, 2023, 09:37:58 AM »
Family Frustration

It had been a rough few weeks when it came to Austin and the rest of his family. His kids starting school, his sister and her son needing to go through the same things. Sending them all to school while making sure his sister was comfortable as well as going back to work at the gym as a trainer and re-focusing everything on his career as well as his budding relationship was starting to take its toll. But what really was unexpected Was Amy’s reaction to Alicia.

Alicia had been spending more and more time at Austins home. Bringing her sons over as they ate meals together and watched movies together as Wellers spend time doing other things. At first, Austin told his sister that they would just rekindling their friendship.

But over the last few weeks, as Austin and Alicia have grown closer, Amy has been colder, more short with her answers and withdrawn. It didn’t go unnoticed. Austin knew his sister quite well, it took years for him to coax Amy out of her shell, after so long watching her struggle after coming out of the hospital that she had been left in. All due to a lie. Those lies and everything that she had been through still affected her deeply, Austin knew it, he could see it in her face in her mannerisms, and how she would react to the simplest things.

But he was there for her. Amy was family, really, the only family that Austin had left aside from his kids and his nephew.

He had already lost Amy twice in his life, he wasn’t going to do it the third time. It all came to a head, Austin sat across from Amy. At the kitchen table, the kids had all gone to bed. Amy sat and finished her food, looking over at her brother with a kind smile by quite obviously hiding something. She hadn’t talked to him all day, only coming out, and looking around when he was alone. Austin took a deep breath, shaking his head and sitting back, folding his arms over his chest. ”Are you…alright?”

It was met with a silent nod from Amy. She stood up, taking her plate to the sink to clean it off and put it into the dishwasher.

Austin sighed and shook his head getting to his feet and moving around to his sisters side. Folding his arms yet again and looking her in the eyes this time. ”Amy…you can’t lie to me. I can tell somethings been up with you for the last few weeks….” She swallowed and shook her head, Austin leaned closer. ”Come on….whats up?”

She swallowed and sighed before turning and looking at Austin, her demeanor changing as she seemed to get angry with the question. ”What is the deal with you and Alicia?” Austin raised an eyebrow, Amy sneered and continued. ”And don’t say nothing. She is always here, I see how you to look at each other, and smile and talk. What is it?”

”I don’t know.”

”You don’t know?”

Austin shook his head and threw his arms in the air before pushing away from the kitchen bench and moving around the counter that sat in the middle. ”No, I really don’t. And you’re not the first to ask me about it. His mind flashes back to his conversation with Alex. ”What else do you want me to say Amy? I can’t tell you what I don’t know”

Amy closed her eyes and leaned in before trying to calm herself down. Her body language showing moments of frustration and anger. ”Are you trying to replace Lisa?”

”What?”

Amy leaned closer and ground her teeth together. ”Are you trying to replace Lisa?”

”No.” He paused and shook his head, thinking deep on what kind of words he should use and wanted to choose them carefully. ”There is no replacing Lisa. And I would never try. But…Amy…I don’t know what Alicia and I are, or where we’re going. At the same time…I deserve happiness…and Alicia makes me happy…”

After a few moments Amy seems to soften, Austins words hit her hard as she puts a hand up and swallows hard. ”I want you to be happy, or to atleast find it. But…find out what you and Alicia are Aus. You both went through so much and it’s not fair to either of you to keep going…unless you know what you both want…”

Austin gave a small nod and a smile. He sighed heavily and grabbed his sisters hand. ”I understand…I get it…and…I guess I need to have that conversation then don’t I?” He smiled at Amy, Amy nodded back and squeezed Austins hand back before pulling away and moving to her room, leaving her younger brother to think.

Strange Bedfellows indeed.

”Chaos…the wrestling business runs on it”

Austin laughs to himself and shakes his head.

”From backstage attacks, to sanctioned street fights where everything including the kitchen sink is used. To championship matches has been booked involving people who don’t deserve them all due to a name or lack of credible challenges. Chaos is what this business was founded on, and where it will always go in the future. for proof of this, all you have to do is look at the match that has been booked for this week between the four of us. Four men who will be competing in the King for a Day ladder match are being forced to face each other and team with each other. Alexander Raven and Jack Washington, on one side, myself and Miles Kasey on the other. Amusing. Especially when you realize that Jack, Washington and Alexander Raven absolutely hate each other’s guts, and then you look at the past between myself and Miles. Interesting rib. Management apparently has a sense of humor.”

“But then you have to ask yourselves, who does this chaos benefit? Does it benefit any of us? The four of us going into this match and having to face each other. Oh few weeks. Before the biggest opportunity that any of us have a going right now? It doesn’t benefit any of us. Does it benefit the fans? Having to see the same for men involved in a match this week as they will in a few weeks at the paper view? no it doesn’t benefit them.”

“So then, who?”

“Management. It benefits them because they think that it’s going to get more eyes on the SuperCard. If the four of us getting the ring right now and have a fight. The different personalities, the different points of view. All of it, mixing in a melting pot. And in some sick and twisted way. I’m sure that they will spin this and try and make it out like the winning team gets bragging rights going into the SuperCard. But I fail to see how I win. In a tag match he can do anything when it comes to our mental states going into violent conduct.”

He shrugs and can’t help but laugh.

”The match, and violent conduct, the king for a Day, it’s every man for themselves. The winner having to take advantage of their opponents, being beaten and battered, and using that time to climb a ladder to win the match. It has nothing to do with pins or submissions, it has nothing to do with teamwork, it has everything to do with whether or not, you can inflict enough pain on the other people in the match to keep them down long enough to climb to the top and retrieve the means of victory.“

“So really, all this tag match is going to do is piss me off.“

“On the one hand, it is forcing Alexander and Jack to have to coexist. That in and of itself is going to be entertaining in a way. Watching a guy like Jack with all of his arrogance and all of his exuberance and hatred of having to rely on anyone else, team, up with a guy, like Alexander Raven, who has an ego five times bigger than his talent, who likes to talk in riddles and acts like he knows what he’s talking about when really he knows nothing. Watching those to try and make sense of each other, and come up with any cohesion is going to be the highlight of my goddamn week.“

“Maybe even my month.”

He shakes his head and paces back and forth.

”But then, there is the other side of it. Teaming myself and miles together. It must be some kind of joke right? Let’s put the two guys who have been at war with each other over the last few months on the same side and see if they can coexist. The worst part about all this is that I know Miles is going to try. He will. He’s going to try everything he can to win this match. He is going to go out with his usual youthful vigour and do everything in his power to walk out of there with his hand held high.“

“The problem though? While I know, I will going to destroy Jack and Alexander and try and win, I have no faith that Miles is going to be able to do the same thing.“

“I need miles to know that I am not going to lay a finger on him in any way, shape or form that will be considered aggressive. I’m not going to attack him. I’m not going to cost us the match, but I still have no faith in him. I don’t look at him and think of him as an equal, a real partner. Not like say, Tempest. I can rely on Tempest. I know a thing or two about being in a tag team. I tagged with Alex, I tagged with Tempest, I’ve won gold in a tag team.“

“I can look at someone and know who I can and can’t trust“

“And Miles, I can’t trust you. The only saving grace is that I know on the other side. Jack and Alex can’t trust each other either. Alexander Raven is more likely to just leave then team with Jack, and Jack is the type of person who won’t trust Alexander to actually hold up his end of the bargain, and he’s likely not to even look at him for a tag and wear himself out. That is the only saving grace in this. And the worst part about it all?“

“This match is worthless“

He scoffs and shrugs before continuing.

”It has nothing to do with the match at violent conduct, except for the competitors that are in it. The winners get nothing, the winners mean, nothing. Bragging rights in a match like this. Do not mean anything in a match that we are about to go into. There is no scouting each other because we all know each other so well. So I’m going to use this match for what it is. I’m going to try and inflict as much damage on Alexander Raven and Jack Washington as I can before we go into the SuperCard. I’m gonna use it as an excuse to go after the two of the men, who, in my mind, are the biggest threats. Because I know damn sure that Miles isn’t. See you guys at climax control.”
>