Author Topic: One Thing After Another  (Read 837 times)

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
One Thing After Another
« on: April 26, 2013, 11:41:29 PM »
 The scene fades in to the hallway of a hotel presumably located somewhere in Brasilia, Brazil, the location of this week's SCW supercard, SCW Hostile Takeover.  After a few moments, the elevator doors open up and out from behind them steps Nick Jones.  Nick makes a quick turn down the hall, walking right up to a door and pulls out a keycard, rapidly swiping it through the lock on the door and opening it up to find the familiar of his cousin, Bernard "Big B" Jones, sitting in the hotel room at a small table playing a game on a laptop.  Big B looks up as his cousin enters the room, stopping what he's doing and turning his attention towards Nick.

Big B:  Hey cuz, how's it going?

Nick:  Hey... yeah, fine... whatever.

Nick clearly seems to have his mind otherwise preoccupied as he hardly even acknowledges Big B and doesn't do much to give him any attention.  Big B seems oblivious to it all though, as he continues on.

Big B:  So there was something I need to talk to you about.

Nick:  Oh yeah?  No kidding?  Good for you.

Big B:  It's just that there is something I need to tell you.

Nick:  Uh huh, right... have fun with that.

Nick seems to not even really be aware of what his cousin is saying to him, simply throwing out random answers in attempt to get his cousin to leave him alone as he starts to go through the dresser drawers in the hotel room.

Big B:  Um... ok.  So do you have time to talk now?

Nick:  Yeah, sure... sounds good.

Nick seems to suddenly become aware of what Big B has said, as he immediately snaps his head around to look at his cousin and it appears that his attention is now firmly focused there.

Nick:  Wait, what the hell did you just say?

Big B:  I wanted to talk you about this now.  It's kind of important and we need to talk about it soon.

The expression on Nick's face transforms from one of disinterest to now showing complete annoyance with the situation.

Nick:  This shit again?!?  REALLY?!?  You've got to be kidding me, B!

Big B seems confused by his cousin's outburst as he attempts to clarify the situation.

Big B:  I just wanted to tell you that...

Nick:  I know what you wanted to tell me, because you've already told it to me a million freakin' times.

Big B:  I have?

Nick:  Yes, B, you have.  You've been nagging for weeks with this bullshit.

Big B:  I don't think...

Nick:  Of course you don't think, B.  You NEVER think.  Not that I blame you given how much it must hurt when you try.

Big B:  It doesn't...

Nick:  Just cut the crap, alright?  I don't want to hear it.  Yes, I know, you want me to go run off and be a good little soldier and join up with Team SCW.

Big B:  No, but...

Nick:  Well it's time you get it through that thick skull of yours big man, it's NOT FREAKIN' HAPPENING!!

Big B:  Yeah, but that wasn't...

Nick:  Enough!  I've heard every line of crap you have to feed me and it hasn't worked before now and it won't work now.  So just give it up, alright?

Big B:  If you just...

Nick:  I really don't feel like listening to this crap and I need to go take a piss, so if you'll excuse me.

With that, Nick turns and starts to walk towards the bathroom, before he gets there, Big B calls after him.

Big B:  Wait!  You don't want...

Before Big B can get another word out, Nick turns around and snaps at his cousin.

Nick:  SHUT... UP!!!

Nick then turns and walks towards the bathroom door, opening up and pushing his way in when suddenly a loud scream of a familiar voice with a heavy accent is heard.

Tony:  'EY!!! WHAT DA FRIG IS YOU'S DOIN'?!?

A moment later, Nick comes flying right back out of the bathroom, slamming the door closed behind him.  Nick as a look of complete disgust on his face as he shivers a little bit before shaking his head.  Nick then looks over at Big B, seeming even more annoyed with cousin than before.

Nick:  What the hell is the matter with you?!?  Why didn't you tell me Tone was in there?

Big B:  I tried to, but...

Nick:  You're completely useless sometimes, you know that, right?

Big B:  But I was trying...

Nick:  Oh what, so now you're going to act like this whole time you were trying to tell me about Tony taking the most retched dump in the history of mankind in there?  Why do I find that hard to believe?

Big B:  No, but before...

Nick:  See?  Exactly.  Just like I knew all along, the only thing you were trying to do was sell me on more of that Team SCW horse crap.

Big B:  Actually, that's not what...

Nick:  Whatever, I need to get the hell out of here.  I can't stand being around your stupid ass right now.

Big B:  But I just need to...

Nick doesn't even bother acknowledging his cousin, instead storming off towards the door and walking out, slamming it shut behind him as Big B finishes his thought.

Big B:  ... tell you one thing before you leave.

Big B lets out a deep sigh and sits there thinking for a moment before mumbling to himself.

Big B:  Oh man, Diana is going to be MAAAAAAD.

Big B lets out another sigh before turning his attention back to his computer game as the scene cuts away.

<hr width=50%>

The scene cuts back over to Nick as he marches down the hallway of the hotel.  Nick passes right on by the the elevators and instead heads to the other side of the hotel on that floor.  As he walks down a little further he walks up one door and knocks it on.  Some shuffling around can be heard from behind the door and then a few seconds later the door opens and reveals it to be none other than Nick's Supremacy teammate and the number one contender to the SCW Heavyweight Championship, Jordan Williams.  Jordan initially only cracks the door open and has the entrance blocked a bit by standing in front of it, but upon seeing Nick he opens the door the rest of the way and steps aside.

Jordan:  Oh, hey man.  Wasn't expecting to see you tonight.  Come on in.

With that, Nick walks into the hotel room and Jordan closes the door behind him.  Nick plops himself down in a chair as Jordan continues unpacking his bags as it was clear he was in the midst of doing when Nick showed up.

Jordan:  So how's it going man, what are you doing here?

Nick:  I just couldn't spend another a second with that giant moron.

Jordan:  Ah, B still annoying you to no end?

Nick:  When is he not?

Jordan cannot help but laugh at that, while Nick simply glares at Jordan, clearly not all that amused.  Even after seeing the look from Nick, Jordan can only shrug at Jordan as he keeps laughing.

Jordan:  What do you want me to tell you man?  He's your cousin, not mine.

Nick:  Don't remind me.  I'm still convinced there's no way I can possibly be related to that dipshit.

Jordan:  I think you just most of taking all of the intelligence  genes in that family.

Nick:  You might be right, it would certainly explain a lot.  Add on the talent and attractiveness genes on there as well.  I think B only ended up with a whole heap load of the "giant oaf" genes.

Jordan:  Which is why you pay him to be YOUR giant oaf.

Nick:  Oh really?  I was starting to pay him to be my giant pain in the ass.

Jordan:  Nah, he does that free of charge.

Jordan cannot help but laugh at his own joke, while even Nick cracks a smile this time as he rolls his eyes at Jordan.

Nick:  Whatever man, so how are you doing?

Jordan:  Fine, why?

Nick:  What do you mean why?  You've got one big ass match coming up man.  It's all about the SCW title.

Jordan:  Hardly the first title I've fought for a top belt man.  It's just more of the same old, same old for me.

Nick:  Yeah, but I wasn't sure if maybe you were made a little gun-shy more recently.

Jordan stops and looks at Nick, seeming rather confused by his last comment.

Jordan:  Dude, what the hell are you talking about?

Nick:  Come on, don't you remember?  Last time you were fighting for the SCW title, you were in that ring getting your ass kicked by yours truly.

A huge grin appears on the face of Nick, as Jordan takes the balled up pairs of socks he was putting in the draw and pitches it at Nick's head.  As it bounces off and drops to the floor, Nick can't help but burst into laughter as Jordan just shakes his head at Nick.

Jordan:  Yeah, yeah.  You're a real riot.

Nick:  I'm just busting your balls man.  You and I both know, I'm the one and ONLY person in this entire damn company who could ever beat you one on one in that ring.

Jordan:  Maybe once, but I'd bet you it would happen again.

Nick:  Don't make me have to kick your ass again after you win the belt.

Jordan:  I wouldn't want to embarrass you buddy, but let's not even go there.  The point is, that punk Spike doesn't stand a chance in hell once we get in that ring.

Nick:  You won't get any argument out of me there.  The only person who stands less of a chance on Sunday night in their match is that little bitch Tom.

Jordan:  Let's just call it a draw, alright?  Either man, that's the only thing that I will come anywhere close to enjoying as much on Sunday as I will actually winning that title.  Watching you kick the ever-loving shit out of that piece of shit is going to be glorious.

Nick:  Don't you worry about that, you'll get to see one of the greatest ass-kickings you've ever seen in your life.  He showed the truly colors of the spineless coward he is against you, and then he went and pissed off the wrong man in yours truly even more when he started up with me.  Now I can promise you, I will make that douchebag live to regret the moment he even considered turning his back on us.

Jordan:  That's what I like to hear, I only wish I had the chance to do it my damn self.

Nick:  Well how about this, I've got a little promise for you.  You need not worry as, in order to make you feel like you are getting to do it yourself, I'll make sure to give Tom enough of an immeasurable ass kicking for it to count as if it were two seperate beatings from both you and I.

That comment brings a big smile to Jordan's face.

Jordan:  I must say, I like the sound of that.

Nick:  I thought you would, and that little bastard certainly deserves it.  I mean, really think about it for a second, what the hell did that loser ever do for us?  We carried his sorry ass for months.  We made it so that he was the only reason gave a crap about him in his time here in SCW.  We're the only reason he was remembered as some second rate has-been who had a little slap fight with his inbred hick of boy-toy that he managed.

Jordan:  That's one way of putting it.

Nick:  Yeah, and the one hundred percent accurate way.  Think about it, the guy ended up getting to main event a super card because of the two of us.  How useless was that loser when we stepped into that ring against NXT?  You and I were both standing tall when all was said and done while he sat in the back watching us reign supreme.  He already deserved an ass-kicking from us before this for wasting so much of our time with him, but we let him stick around anyway.  So what does he do?  He runs away like the scared little bitch that he is for months, he comes back and then like the classic coward, jumps you from behind and runs away before you can kick his ass like we all know you would.

Jordan:  You're damn right about that.

Nick:  So now, like I said, he's going to get the kind of beating he not only has never gotten before, that he never even knew was possible before.

Jordan:  Well let me assure you, I have every intention of returning the favor?

Nick:  Oh yeah, is that so?

Jordan:  Of course, because what better opportunity is there for me to do so than when I step into the ring with Spike?  I know you don't need me to do it for you, just like I don't need you to do it for me against Tom, but I'll enjoy doing it anyway.  When all is said and done, I am bringing the SCW Heavyweight Championship back to The Supremacy, back where it belongs.  Truth be told, I'm bringing it back to where it never should have left in the first place, and we all know it.

Nick:  You're damn right.  That rat bastard never even should have had the chance to steal away MY belt.  I had already beaten that clown once before, as I was reigning champ and he was some second rate nobody.  He got beat, it was over.  Yet these idiots go ahead and just keep handing him shots until he can figure out who he can screw me out of the title?  Forget that.  That second match was a complete joke and never should have happened.

Jordan:  It's true, and now it's my chance to right that wrong.   Come on Sunday I'll show Spike what it's like to be a true champion and then, you're up again my friend.

Nick:  That's right, because unlike him, I've actually EARNED myself to be the number one contender to the NeWA World Heavyweight title.  And soon enough, Supremacy will reign over all of NeWA as we take away those titles he never should have had in the first place, as Spike once again becomes the joke he truly is and we're the two biggest, most impressive champions in the entire sport.

Jordan:  Damn right, I will drink to that!

After a moment of silence, Nick and Jordan both turn and look at each other with grins on both men's faces.

Nick:  Now THAT is a hell of an idea!

Jordan:  You just read my mind my man.

Nick:  Let's go!

Without another word, Nick hops to his feet and Jordan tosses all of the open drawers closed and both men make a bee-line for the door.  Nick heads out first, followed closely by Jordan as the two men disappear into the hallway and close the door behind them as the scene cuts away.

<hr width=50%>

A few hours later...

The scene opens back up at the bar in the lobby of the hotel which Nick and Jordan are staying at, as the two men are sitting up at stools by the bar, countless empty glasses strewn before them and each man with a half full glass in his hand.  As the two men speak to one another, it is very clear by the sounds of their voices that they are both a bit inebriated.

Nick:  See?  This is... this is why, you know... this is why...

Nick stops and seems to think things over before speaking again.

Nick:  Wait, was I saying?

Jordan:  Dude, I have no freakin' idea.  Something about knowing... why... something.

Nick:  Oh yeah.  You know, so this is why it's like, you've gotta have the right kind of people around you.  Most of these guys around, they're douches man, ya know.  You know?

Jordan:  Yeah, I know.  I KNOW, MAN!

Nick:  So yeah, but like... there's a guy or two out there man, like us... we make this whole thing like... WHOA, you know?

Jordan:  Yeah bro, yeah.  It's like... with us, we're... yeah

Nick:  Yeah!  So, you don't need to waste your time with those losers, you just got one other person to hang out with, and it's all good.  You know?  That's why me and you, we're better than all of these freakin' losers.  That's why we're gonna be the champs.  Reigning supreme, baby!

Jordan:  You know it!  SUPREMACY!!!

Jordan and Nick go to high five one another, but completely miss.

Nick:  Yeah, nothing like that freakin' loser Tom.  Man, even when he was with us, I was like come on man, I mean... come on.  He wasn't, you know he wasn't like us.  He was all sort of "yeah, look at me, I'm Tom Doody!"

Nick and Jordan both burst out into hysterical laughter at Nick's comment.  After a few moments, they finally start to calm down again.

Jordan:  You said doody man!

Nick:  Yeah, isn't that his name?  I think that's it, it's something like that.

Jordan:  If not, it totally should be!

Nick:  Yeah, because he's a giant piece of it.

Jordan:  He's totally crap!

Nick:  Yeah, what a piece of shit!

Jordan:  A giant turd!

Nick:  Like... doody!

Jordan:  We already said that one.

Nick:  Ah, damnit!  Oh well whatever, you know what I'm saying.  He was lucky enough to be able to mooch off us for a while, but now he's another useless nobody.  He ain't like us man, me and you, we're... we're something man.  It's like... we're the best around.

Jordan:  Yeah!  Nothing's ever going to keep us down!

Jordan and Nick both stop and seem to think things over for a moment.

Nick:  Why does that sound like, so freakin' familiar man?

Jordan:  I don't know man, we must have said it before or something.

Nick:  Yeah.  I think I learned that when I was a kid and I was like, learning karate or something.

Jordan:  Oh yeah, me too!

Nick:  So anyway, bottom line of like, all of this awesomeness we've been saying is that, we rule and it's awesome for awesome people like us to have other awesome people to be awesome with.  Right?

Jordan:  Right!  Like you, and me, and you know like Hot Stuff too!

Nick:  Aw man!

Nick waves his hand away at Jordan as he gets an annoyed look on his face.

Jordan:  What?!?  What'd I do?  Did I fart again or something?

Nick:  No man, you brought him up man.  Don't do that!

Jordan:  What?  Hot Stuff?  He's like totally one of us awesomenesses though.  What's the deal with you two?

Nick:  Dude, I don't even you know... want to, I don't want to.

Jordan:  You, wait... what?  What don't you not want to want... or whatever?

Nick:  I don't want to talk about it!

Jordan:  Oh, but dude... you gotta, I mean, what's going on man?

Nick:  It's like he thinks he's my mom or something.  Just nag nag nag, that's all I ever hear from him.  It's like, blah blah blah blah blah.  If I wanted a wife or something, I would have married one!

Jordan:  So, you're saying you want to marry your mom!

Nick:  No, I'm saying... it's like he's my mom and my wife is... I don't know!  He's just nagging me and stuff, that's all.

Jordan:  I don't know what's such the big team.  I haven't join his Team S... W... whatever, thing either and he doesn't keep making a big deal to me about it.

Nick:  Yeah, but he gives you a break.  He's all like "oh yeah, Jordan's fighting for the SCW title, so he doesn't have to help me, but you're Nick and you're my little freakin' lap dog so you have to do whatever I tell you and blah blah blah".  He won't get off my back.  It's like, whatever dude!  I was the one who reigned supreme over this damn company for ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of last year, ya know?  Now everyone around here thinks they can treat me like some second-rate nobody or something.  What, is my name Tom Doody?  No, I don't think so!

Jordan:  Haha, no it is not.  That's that other dude's name.

Nick:  Yeah, exactly.  And I'm not going to have any of it any more!  You hear me?  NONE OF IT!

Jordan:  I hear you man, I hear you.  Although what if, I don't know, maybe like, Hot Stuff totally knows like you're this super awesome guy, so he wants you to be on his team so it will also be like super awesome, you know?

Nick:  Well yeah, I mean, that's probably like the one and only smart things Mark is even doing in all of this.

Jordan:  Yeah!  So wait, then why are you mad at him then?

Nick:  Um, well, because... I don't know.  Shut up!  I don't need to take this crap from you.

Jordan:  Huh? What crap?  I wasn't saying, but... I'm just saying.

Nick:  Yeah, fine... whatever!

With that, Nick stumbles up from his seat and drunkenly stumbles off away from the bar, leaving Jordan behind on his own, who watches Nick for a second before simply shrugging his shoulders and going back to his drink.  Nick stumbles off as Jordan continues drinking as the scene cuts away again.

<hr width=50%>

The scene cuts back upstairs, where a drunken Nick is seen standing out of his hotel room, fumbling through his wallet for a few moments before finally pulling out the room keycard he had.  Nick then drops the card and as he bends over to pick it up, slams his head against the hotel room door.  The impact nearly sends Nick over before he manages to regain his balance.  Nick then grabs his card and gets back up, trying to open the door but continues to insert it incorrectly into the slot, causing only a blinking red light to be flashed at him as the door will not unlock, yet Nick tries the door handle every time anyway.  After a few minutes of this, the door flies open and standing behind it is a very angry looking Diana, who is staring at Nick with her arms across her chest.  Nick looks up and sees her and a big smile comes across his face.

Nick:  Oh, hey baby!  How's it hanging?

Diana:  How's it hanging?!?  Are you freakin' kidding me?!?

Nick:  Well I'm not talking about your pee-pee... you obviously don't have one of those.  Duh!

Diana:  Is that supposed to be funny?

Nick:  I hope not, it's just supposed to be true.  If it were funny, then it would probably be not true and then I'd be like "WHOA! WHAT?"  You know?

Diana:  Listen you drunken jackass, what the hell is the matter with you?

Nick:  Me?  Nothing, I'm perfect baby!

Diana:  Perhaps a perfect jackass.  Where the hell have you been?

Nick:  Um... here?  I was in the hotel, all over the hotel.  In this room, in Jordan's room and at the bar for a loooooooong time.

Diana:  Oh, well good for you.  How about the fact that you were supposed to meet me up for dinner?!?  I waited for you for over a freakin' hour you stupid ass!

Nick:  Wait... what?

Diana:  You're kidding me, right?  Do you have any clue what I'm even talking about?

Nick:  Um... is the right answer no?  Because that's what I want to say it is.

Diana:  Un-freakin-believable.  We made the plans LAST NIGHT.  I knew you weren't listening!  Hell, that's even why I told Big B to remind you about it!

As Diana says that, a look of realization suddenly comes across Nick's face.

Nick:  Ooooooooh.  I bet THAT is what he was trying to tell me before.  Man, maybe I should actually have listened to that big doof for a change.

Diana:  What was that?

Nick:  What?  Um, uh... nothing.

Diana:  Whatever.  You really think I don't know what's going on?  I bet you were meeting up with the damn whore of a nurse I keep catching you with, huh?  That's it isn't it?  You're sticking it that disgusting skank, I know it!

Nick:  No no, I swear baby, it's nothing like that.  I haven't even seen her since you flipped out at her on the last Climax Control.

Diana:  What are you talking about?  How did you know about that.

Nick:  Um... never mind.  So anyway, how are things with you?

Diana:  Don't try to change the subject!  I told you, I don't want you anywhere near that dumb skank!  The best of it all is that you're too damn stupid to know that she wants absolutely nothing to do with you but your damn money!

Suddenly the angry version of drunk Nick clearly comes to the forefront as his expression changes immediately from one of light-hearted happiness to that of fury.

Nick:  Excuse me?!?  Listen lady, I don't know who the hell you think you are to talk about anyone only caring about anyone else's money, alright?

Diana:  What the hell are you trying to say?

Nick:  I'm not TRYING to say anything.  What I AM saying is the whole reason you started letting me stick it in your hole was because I was loaded.

Diana:  What?!?  How dare you!  We have been together for YEARS for now.  We have been a couple in what I thought was a real, long term relationship.

Nick:  Yeah, not shit, but how stupid do you think I am?  It may be that way know, but it sure as shit didn't start that way.  Let's rewind to that day we met in Jimmy's office.  He was about to dump your ass to the curb and leave you jobless and penniless.  But then there I was, in my prime.  We're talking a rich superstar, a holder of the GXW World Heavyweight Championship.  I had all of the fame and fortune in the world, and that's all you gave a shit about and then bam... you were on me like that.  So you've got no damn room to be talking about anyone, alright?

Diana:  You know what?  Even if it were true, what the hell do you care? Amazing how suddenly you feel the need to rush to defend that Zoey bitch.  Just like I said, I knew there was something going on between you two and this only confirms it!

Nick:  I'm not defending her because there's something going on, I'm defending her because the girl has done nothing but try to help me out and you're losing your shit on her like some sort of deranged lunatic every freakin' week!  Listen, I don't need this shit tonight, alright?!?

Diana:  Fine, then I'll do you a favor and make sure you don't have to deal with it any more tonight!

With that, Diana slams the door in Nick's face.  Nick stares at it for a moment before turning and storming off in a huff as the scene fades to black.
>