Author Topic: Mind Over Matter  (Read 815 times)

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
Mind Over Matter
« on: January 11, 2013, 07:25:37 PM »
 The scene fades into an outside shot of the Los Angeles home of SCW superstar and former two-time Heavyweight Champion, Nick Jones.  A few moments later, a car pulls up into the driveway and parks.  The door open and out of the car steps Nick himself.  Nick immediately gets out and goes back to the trunk, which he pops up and proceeds to pull a number of bags out from the trunk, putting them down on the ground so he can close the trunk before picking them all up, filling up his arms in the process.  Nick slowly and awkwardly makes his way towards the front door, as his arms are overflowing with stuff and he tries not to drop it all.  Just as soon as he gets up to the door,  Nick manages to shift around a bit and get his right elbow free, using it to nudge the doorbell.  Nick then impatiently stands there, tapping his foot as he looks quite frustrated as the seconds tick by.  After a few moments, Nick begins to speak to himself out loud.

Nick:  Come on... come on... where are you idiots?

Nick leans in again, nudging the doorbell with his elbow for a second time, as it can clearly be heard ringing inside of the house.  Nick waits a few seconds longer, but nobody ever comes to the door, causing Nick's frustration only to clearly mount.  At this point, Nick then balances himself on one foot, while using the other to start kicking the bottom of the front door.  Nick then starts to scream loudly in towards the front door.

Nick:  WILL YOU MORONS COME ANSWER THE DAMN DOOR?!?  MY ARMS ARE FULL AND I CAN'T GET TO MY FREAKIN' KEYS!!!

Nick kicks the door a few more times in hopes of gaining their attention, but that attempt seems to fail as the door still remains unanswered.  Nick lets out a loud sigh of anger before he then starts to shift around the items in his arms, managing to free his right hand.  Nick then reaches his hand into his jacket pocket, and barely manages to pull his keys out of the pocket with the tips of his fingers.  However, just as the keys come from his pocket, Nick loses his grasp on them, causing the keys to go falling down to the ground right in front of the door.  Nick lets out a bit of a growl of anger before slowly trying to bend over to grab the keys, all while trying to avoid dropping anything.  However, as he bends down, Nick manages to slam his head right into the front door, causing him to go spilling to the ground and dropping everything he was carrying in the process.

Nick:  Ow!  Son of a bitch!

Nick rubs his head for a few moments before digging through everything that is now spilled onto the front steps to find his keys.  Nick grabs the keys from the mess and then gets up and puts his keys in the lock and as he goes to unlock the door he suddenly stops and shakes his head.

Nick:  You have GOT to be freakin' kidding me.

Nick then grabs the door handle, turns it and opens the door, making it quite apparent that the door was never even locked to begin with.  Nick, clearly acting out of frustration then decides to take all of the bags laying before him and kick them all throw the door into the main entry foyer of his house.  As he gets into the house, he closes the door behind him and locks it.  Nick then turns back in towards the house and calls out loud enough to be heard throughout every room.

Nick:  THANKS SO MUCH FOR GRABBING THE DOOR FOR ME GUYS!

Nick then follows that up by mumbling under his breath.

Nick:  ... you horses asses.

Nick then, apparently deciding to leave all of his bags where they current lay, ventures further on into the house, first walking into the living room.  The room itself is empty, however it appears the television has been left on and currently being shown on TV is the popular cartoon, SpongeBob SquarePants.  Nick sees this and shakes his head at the television.

Nick:  Well clearly that big dufus cousin of mine is around here somewhere.  Big B leaves this stupid Bill the Rectangle Guy shit... or whatever.

Nick then reaches down onto the coffee table and grabs the television remote and turns off the TV before tossing the remote back down onto the table.  Nick then continues on through the house, making his way into the kitchen.  As he walks in, the kitchen is also empty, however there are pots and pans currently on the stove, with the stove actually on and cooking the items in them.  Nick quickly gets over to them and looks all around, seeming rather confused.

Nick:  This is obviously Diana's stuff that she's cooking, but where the hell is she?  Is she out of her mind just leaving this crap on here and walking away?

Nick turns off the burners but then takes the pan and lifts the cover off of it, looking at what is inside.

Nick:  None of this stuff is burnt, and Diana burns everything, so she has to be around here somewhere.

Nick looks around a bit more and then has attention caught, as the kitchen table also seems to have some things going on.  While there is nobody seated at the table, there are three seats that are pulled out from the table and all of items in front of them.  For starters, it becomes rather clear that some of the guys were playing cards, as there is both a stack of cards in the center of the table and hands of cards dealt out at all three seats.  Upon further inspection, it becomes even clearer to Nick who was sitting at each of these spots.  As Nick walks over to the first seat, there is a ledger sitting just off to the side of the seat, with it actually open and an entry partially made into the book.  Nick takes a closer look at it and scratches his head in confusion.

Nick:  Jeez, Max can't get over his OCD with these damn books long enough to put them away for a damn card game.  But what the hell is going on, this guy would never just walk off in the middle of an entry.  He'd sooner it in the middle of the house as it burned down around him if it meant he could finish what he was doing with the books.

Nick saunters over to the next seat and sees sitting down on the table is a cell phone.  After a quick look, Nick immediately recognizes the phone.

Nick:  This is Jimmy's phone.  Ok, something is really wrong here.  Jimmy never, ever, EVER leaves his phone behind.  It's not like he could just forgot the damn thing and... wait a second, is this phone actually in the middle of a call?

Nick picks up the phone and takes a closer look, with the expression on his face quickly changing.

Nick:  He is on a call with my book publisher?  Yeah, there's no way I'm talking to them.

Nick hangs up on the call immediately and puts the phone back down on the table.

Nick:  So where is that idiot?  He just walked off in a middle of a call with them?  Not that I can blame him for not wanting to talk to those putzes, but that's what I pay him for!  Whatever... nothing these boobs do should surprise me anymore.

Nick then walks over to the last seat, which has nothing but the hand of cards sitting in front of it.

Nick:  I'd imagine this is where Tony was sitting.  There should be one easy way to tell that.

Nick reaches under the bottom of the table and a moment later, pulls off a piece of tape and with it, comes a few cards matching the same deck which was being played with on the table.  Nick laughs before taking the cards and throwing them down on the table.

Nick:  Yep, that was Tony alright.  After all these years these idiots still haven't figured out why they can't ever win a single hand of poker.  At least Tony is smart enough to cover his ass and make sure I win when I'm playing with all of them.  For a guy who talks like he's got brain damage, he's probably the smartest of all of these clowns.  Of course that still begs the question, where the hell are they all?!?

Nick walks over towards the windows at the back of the kitchen area, overlooking the backyard and peaks outside to check, but does not see anyone out there at all.  He then heads back towards the entry foyer and goes straight the stairs and starts to climb, heading up and turning straight towards the master bedroom.  There he sees his bag, with all of his wrestling gear inside, laying at the foot of the bed, which he immediately snags and looks at rather curiously.

Nick:  That's weird, I didn't pack this.

Nick shrugs his shoulders and then tosses the bag back down on the bed before he proceeds to look around the room, including the walk-in closets and master bathroom, but finds no one.  From there, Nick continues on, checking all of the other bedrooms of the house, but in each finds nobody there, and nothing of interest.  After searching around the house, Nick finally gives up and pulls his phone out of his pocket.

Nick:  Whatever, who knows what those idiots are up to.  I was going to grab some dinner with Jordan anyway, they'll probably be here when I get back.

Nick dials Jordan on his phone and puts it up to his ear, as the phone can be heard ringing.  Nick waits as the phone continues to ring and ring, before eventually being heard to going to Jordan's voice mail.  Nick hangs up the phone and seems to be getting more confused with each passing occurrence.  Nick then puts his phone away before starting to head towards the front door.

Nick:  He must be in the shower or something.  I know what hotel he's at, so I'll just go meet him over there.

Nick walks down the stairs and heads out the front door, locking the house up behind him before heading over to his car.  Nick climbs in the car and pulls out of the driveway, driving off out of the shot as the scene fades.

<hr width=50%>

The scene opens back up inside the quiet hallway of a hotel, when suddenly the sound of a elevator can be heard as it reaches the floor and the doors open.  As the doors finish opening, out steps Nick, who immediately turns and makes his way down the hallway.  He comes up to a door and stops in front of it, knocking on the door.  Nick waits for a few moments and after no response, Nick goes and knocks on the door, this time a bit harder and louder.  However, as Nick does so, the extra force causes the door to push open a bit, making it apparent that the door was never closed all of the way to begin with.  Nick leans towards the cracked open door and calls inside.

Nick:  Hey Jordan, you there man?  It's Nick.  Was just coming by so we could grab something.

Nick waits a couple of moments, but no response comes from inside of the room and no noise is even heard.

Nick:  Hello?

Nick slowly pushes the door the rest of the way open as he peaks inside.  As he goes inside, all of the lights inside of the hotel room are on.  The door to the bathroom is left open and Nick peaks inside as he's walking by it, but it remains empty.  Nick then walks into the main area of the room, but Jordan is nowhere to be seen.  Nick quickly pulls his phone out and once again decides to give Jordan a call.  A moment later, a phone can be heard ringing inside of the room.  Nick walks over and sees a cell phone laying on the bed, and seeing as how it displays that Nick is calling the phone, it's rather clear that the phone is indeed Jordan's.  Nick hangs up his phone and stands there, completely puzzled for a few moments as he thinks things over.

Nick:  What the hell am I missing here?  This is some weird ass shit.

Nick then looks and notices there is a bag sitting on the bed next to where the phone is, and it appears to be a bag of all of Jordan's ring gear.  What makes it even more interesting is that it appears Jordan was in the midst of changing, as some of Jordan's regular clothes are laying on the floor at the foot of the bed, while there is some of the gear missing, but not all of it, including only one of Jordan's two knee-pads.  Upon seeing this, Nick looks even more confused.

Nick:  What the hell would he need his gear for?  Besides, why would he leave in the middle of getting changed?

Nick then looks down at his phone still in his hand when he suddenly notices something for the first time.

Nick:  Wait a second?  Today is Sunday?  Holy shit!  How did I screw that up?  No wonder nobody is around, they've all got to be at the stadium.  Shit, I better get my ass moving if I want to get there in time for the start of the show!

Upon realizing this, Nick quickly races off at the hotel room, seeming to have no further concern for some of the oddities that have surrounded the day.  As Nick goes running out of the room and heads back over towards the elevator to leave, the scene once again fades away.

<hr width=50%>

The scene opens back up inside of the parking area at the Star of the Desert Arena in Las Vegas just as Nick's car is seen parking in a space there.  Just as Nick is about to get out of his car, he looks over and sees sitting on the passenger seat of his car is his bag full of his ring gear.  Nick looks at it for a moment before opening it up and checking inside, indeed confirming that all of his gear is inside.

Nick:  That's so weird, I could have sworn I had left that back at home.  I guess I just kind of subconsciously grabbed it.  Whatever, better that than having to borrow someone else's gear.

Nick grabs the back and climbs out of the car, locking it up behind him.  Nick then walks through the parking garage which, despite being packed in with plenty of cars, is eerily quiet.  Nick seems not to even notice, or as at least unphased by it as he continues on throughout the garage.  Nick eventually reaches the door leading into the backstage area and as he does, Nick stops and looks around in a bit of surprise.

Nick:  No security?  Whatever.  I hope we don't have a bunch of nutjob fans running around backstage tonight because of this crap.  I'll let Mark know he needs to take care of this crap.

Shakes his head and continues on, heading in through the door to the backstage area.  As he gets into the backstage area, Nick looks around, seeming to try to figure out which way he should be heading.  There's nobody around as Nick goes to a few different crossing hallways and looks down them, trying to figure out the right direction to go.  As he peers around one corner, Nick happens to notice a door labeled "Arena Staff" on it, and goes straight for it.  Nick quickly knocks on the door and then talks through it.

Nick:  Hey, can you guys tell me where the hell the locker rooms are for tonight?

Nick knocks again before opening up the door as he continues talking.

Nick:  I'm one of the guys wrestling tonight and... oh, never mind.

Nick stops himself as, once he has opened the door, he comes to find that there is nobody inside of the staff room for him to even be talking to.

Nick:  I guess I'll have to figure this place out for myself.  This is ridiculous... no security, no arena staff?  What a joke of an operation they've got there.

Nick continues on down the hallways, aimlessly roaming around in an attempt to stumble across the area where the locker rooms are.  As he's walking around, he suddenly stops in his tracks as he comes across a door that has a temporary sign put up onto it that reads "Co-President Mark Ward".  Nick doesn't even bother to knock, instead taking it upon himself to open up the door and walk straight in.

Nick:  Listen limey, this arena is a complete joke, you shouldn't pay these losers a damn....

Nick stops in his tracks as he walks in the room to find it also to be completely empty.  Mark has clearly been here, as his desk is setup with all of his normal stuff atop of it, and there is even a pile of paperwork on it, some of it which seems to have already been gone through while the rest sits right in front of where Mark's big leather desk chair is located.  Nick walks over and takes a look at the paperwork, seeing a variety of things regarding the arena and that night's show which Mark had done some signing and initialing of the paperwork, but it was never finished.

Nick:  What the hell is going on around here?!?

Nick storms off out of the office, heading further down the hall as he continues to try to find the locker room area.  Nick seems to become happy and comes across some of the main locker rooms, when suddenly he notices a little further down the hall, a private locker room labeled "The Supremacy".  Upon seeing this, a big smile comes across Nick's face and he walks over towards it, stopping just short of the door as some noise can be head from inside.  Nick moves in towards the door and listens in a little closer, as the distinct voices can be made out of all of his fellow stablemates, including Hot Stuff, Jordan, Tom Dudely and all of the members of Nick's Entourage.  Upon realizing this, the smile on Nick's face only grows.

Nick:  So this is where all of those jackasses have been all this time!  About damn time I found them!  Nice of them to let me know where they were going.  Jeez.

Nick reaches down and grabs the door handle and quickly pushes it wide open, strutting into the locker room in the process.  However, the expression on Nick's face quickly changes as he comes to a quick stop.  As Nick walks in, he sees that there is not one single person in the locker room, but instead sees the television on and a current episode of Climax Control playing, with a segment taking place between the members of The Supremacy currently being shown.

Nick:  What... the... FUCK?!?

Nick throws his bag down and storms over towards where the couch is, plopping down on it and folding his arms across his chest as he lets out a big sigh of disgust.  Just then, he notices something out of the corner of his eye, seeing a bag sitting on one of the benches in the locker room.  Nick gets up and walks over to it and starts looking in the bag.

Nick:  Alright, this is Tom's shit... so he's got to be around this damn arena SOMEWHERE!  The question is... where?!

Nick, in an attempt to try to find anyway, turns back around and heads back out into the hallway.  He continues on down the hall and keeps on walking around, making a variety of twists and turns and not seeing a single soul along the way.  Clearly having no idea where he's going, Nick just keeps continuing on in various different directions in hopes of stumbling across anyone.  Nick eventually finds himself in the midst of the area just outside of the arena and after looking around for a bit, decides to head out into the arena.  Nick walks down through the prep area and heads straight out into the arena.  As he steps out, Nick is standing at the top of the stage, which has already been setup with all of the items from SCW's set.  Down at the bottom of the ramp, the ring is already put together and the ring ropes up.  However, as he looks around, there is nobody to be seen anywhere in the arena.  Not a single member of the SCW ring crew, nor any of the camera crew, despite all of their equipment already being out at the ringside area, and not even any of the arena workers.

Nick:  Was there an evacuation of this place or something?  I  mean, there's not even a damn janitor around here for fuck's sake!

Nick keeps looking all around the area surrounding him as he slowly but surely walks his way down the ramp.  Nick eventually reaches the bottom of the ramp and climbs up the ring steps and eventually into the ring.  He stands directly in the center of the ring, turning around and looking all around him, just to reassure himself he hasn't missed anything.  After a few times of turning around, Nick eventually stops and walks over towards the ropes, leaning forward on them and looking completely baffled.

Nick:  Something very, very strange is going on around here.  Why can't I find ANYONE around this place?

Nick sits there in silence, thinking things over for a few moments before suddenly a familiar voice is heard coming from behind Nick.

Voice:  Looking for me?

Nick, upon hearing the voice, spins around extremely quickly and turns to find himself face to face with a recent foe of his, and one of the oldest, and perhaps biggest, foes of his friend Mark, the man known as "Beautiful" Billy James.  Billy stands there fully dressed in his ring gear and with a big smile on his face.

Billy:  Well either way, it certainly looks like you found me.

Nick:  You?  You piece of shit, what the hell have you done to everyone?

Billy:  Me?  Oh, I haven't done a damn thing.

Nick:  Yeah, well you're the only one here.

Billy:  That's all you're doing.  So are you ready or what?

Nick:  Ready for what?

Billy:  Ready to fight.

Nick:  Listen you washed-up old chump, I would be more than glad to kick your ass, but I don't have time for that crap now.  I've got more important things to worry about that.

Billy:  You sure about that?  Now seems like as good of a time as any.

Nick:  Oh yeah, what the hell makes you say that?

Billy:  Well look at you.

Nick looks down, only to find that he is currently fully dressed in his ring gear.  This realization brings a look of complete confusion to Nick's face.

Nick:  What the hell?!?

Nick looks back up at Billy with a very unhappy scowl on his face.

Nick:  I don't know what the hell you're doing, but I think it's about time we never have to deal with seeing your stupid ass ever again.

Billy:  You can certainly try, but you should at least wait for the match to start.

Nick looks at Billy as if he's completely insane, but then just a moment later the bell can be heard ringing.  Nick immediately spins and turns towards the ringside area, looking over towards the bell but seeing absolutely nobody at the timekeepers table.  Nick immediately just spins back around to see Billy standing and getting ready to lock up.

Nick:  You just made the biggest mistake of your life.  You should have ran off when we gave you the chance.

Billy:  One of us did, we'll just see if that one is really me.

Nick and Billy then slowly start to circle one another, both becoming silent as they have their eyes locked upon each other.  With each turn, the two start to move in just a bit closer to one another until at the exact same moment, both men strive forward towards one another and quickly lock up in a collar and elbow tie-up.  At that very moment, the scene suddenly becomes completely black.

<hr width=50%>

After a few seconds of blackness, the scene opens inside of the bedroom of Nick Jones where at the moment the scene opens, Nick is seen rapidly sitting up in his bed as he is breathing heavily and has sweat pouring off of his body.  The quick jerk seems to stir Diana as she slowly sits up a bit, rubbing her eyes before looking over at Nick.

Diana:  What's wrong, baby?

Nick takes a moment to catch his breath and wipes his forehead of the sweat with his forearm before turning towards Diana and responding.

Nick:  What?  Me?  Nothing... I'm fine.  Why do you ask?

Diana:  You just nearly jumped out of bed and are sweating your ass off.  What the hell happened?

Nick:  It's... nothing.  Just nothing, alright?  What day is it?

Diana:  Today?  It's Friday.  Why?

Nick:  Ok, good... that's what I thought.

Diana:  Are you sure you're ok?

Nick:  Yeah, yeah.  I'm fine.

Diana:  Ok, if you say so.  Well it's still damn early, why don't you get some more sleep.

Nick thinks it over for a moment before shaking his head.

Nick:  You know what?  I think I've had plenty of sleep for one tonight.  Sleep is the last thing I need right now.

Diana:  Whatever.  I'm going back to sleep.  If you plan on keep making noise, just go downstairs and do it.

Nick:  Yeah, sure thing, babe.

Nick gets up out of bed as Diana lays back down and closes her eyes.  Nick gives her a quick kiss on the forehead before pulling the blankets back up over her.  Nick quietly moves across the room and heads out the door of the bedroom, closing it behind him very slowly to avoid making too much noise.  As he gets out into the hallway, Nick stops for a moment and seems to be pondering everything that just happened.

Nick:  I think I need to stop drinking so much before bed time.  Holy crap.

Nick still looks uncomfortable about the whole thing, but lets out a bit of an uneasy laugh before heading down the stairs as the scene cuts away.

<hr width = 50%>

Two days later...

The scene opens back up on Sunday, the morning of SCW New Year Rising, in the backstage area of the Star of the Desert Arena.  Inside of the locker room of The Supremacy, it's members have already filled up the room, as they all get ready for the start of the show.  While the Entourage are all off, staying out of the way and watching some of the highlights leading up to the super card, Nick, Tom and Jordan are all finishing getting ready for that night.  As Nick sits on one of the benches, taping up his wrists, Mark comes over and sits down next to him.  Nick looks up, and sees the rather peculiar look he's getting from Mark and quickly becomes agitated.

Nick:  What?!?

HS:  I didn't say anything, yank.

Nick:  You don't have to say a damn word, limey.  You're giving me the look.

HS:  What are you talking about?  What look?

Nick glares at Mark quietly for a moment, which brings another strange look coming back from Mark.

Nick:  THAT look!

Mark goes to say something, seemingly to defend himself but stops himself, instead letting a sigh.

HS:  Fine.  There is something, but... forget it.

Nick:  What the hell is it?!?  Just spit it out already before a slap out it of your mouth.

Mark can't help but chuckle at Nick's comment while simply rolling his eyes before responding.

HS:  If you insist, but you're not going to like it.  I simply want to know... what the hell is going on with you?

Nick:  Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.

HS:  Bullshit, yank. I know you far too well to know better than that.  There's something going on, so spill it.

Clearly listening in on the conversation, Diana is quick to chime in by calling over from her seat on the couch.

Diana:  I've been saying that for days, but he keeps giving me that same crap!

Nick, upon hearing, this simply glares over towards the direction of Diana and yells out to her.

Nick:  Nobody asked you, alright?  Go back to looking good and keeping your mouth shut, it's what you do best.

Diana:  Sounds like someone is being a little patty pissy pants.  But yeah, you keep trying to tell everyone nothing is going on.

Nick shakes his head, not even bothering to respond as he turns his attention back towards Mark.

Nick:  Friggin' women.

HS:  She's got a point though.  You know that, right yank?

Nick:  Just because you're acting like some moody broad too doesn't make her any more right.

HS:  Whatever.  Truth is, I don't really give a crap what the hell is going on.  All I need to know is that your head is in the game.

Nick:  Look who you're talking to, man.  I'm the single most accomplished superstar this company has ever seen.  You really think you have to worry about me?

HS:  I wouldn't think so, but something is on your mind.  All that matters is that when you step into that ring, the only thing on your mind is those guys across the ring from you.

Nick:  You don't need to tell me that.  The only thing I've been thinking about up until now, and the only thing I'll be thinking about until every last one of those schmucks is eliminated is those useless losers.  Every last one of them, be it that Nick and Mark wannabe Spike, or um... uh... well...

HS:  See?  This is the shit I'm talking about.  You can't even remember who the hell else is in this match.  You need to focus!

Nick:  Ah, bullshit.  I know who these losers are, they're just not important enough to remember their names.  I know who they are and what they are, and that's all that matters when I step into that ring to kick their asses.  Those other three chumps combined haven't accomplished a fraction of what I have, why the hell should I waste my time giving a shit what their names are?

Mark can't but laugh at that, but seems to be rather hesitant about how much he truly believes that story.

HS:  Let's hope that's the case.

Nick:  Well it is.  Want me to prove it?  Tell me their names and I'll tell you all I need to know about them come tonight's match.

HS:  Fine.  Obviously there's Spike.

Nick:  Obviously.  That chump is a wannabe nobody.  That belt he has is an absolute crime and everyone knows it.  He got his ass kicked by me the first time we faced off, and he just was had another shot at MY belt.  Don't ask me why, but he did.  From there, that piece of garbage steals it from me thanks to his loser friends of his and no other reason.  Yet meanwhile it seems it takes a two-time champ more time to get a rematch than it does a loser who got slapped all around the ring when he got his shot.

HS:  That's quite the interpretation, but I think it's safe to say you clearly remember him.  Alright, what about Aleksei Koji?

Nick:  Hasn't that guy been injured for the last like 6 months?  He has his stupid little interview show which is boring as shit, but still better than any performance he'll put on in the ring.  Plus what has he ever done?  Won some second-rate belt that I couldn't even be bothered to wipe my ass with, never mind wear?  What else you got?

HS:  There's Casey Williams.

Nick:  Another second rate nobody who probably wishes he were actually related to Jordan just so he could mooch off of his glory, just like he did when his sorry ass got carried to a tag title reign by our boy.  I could beat his ass with my eyes closed and I'm pretty sure at some point I actually did exactly that.

HS:  Alright then, that leaves us with Matt Kennedy.

Nick:  That guy?  The one who, God only knows how, was actually awarded a title shot against me, got his ass beaten all up and down the ring, never stood a chance in hell, was thoroughly embarrassed and has ever since then whined about wanting another shot?  I get it that he probably thinks it's an infinitely easier opponent he'd get to face now, and he's not wrong, but in what world has he earned anything the way I handled him?  Again, another nobody who's biggest accomplishment is winning a belt nobody cares about and getting embarrassed in his only chance to prove himself as a real wrestling talent.

HS:  I guess that's that then.  How about from here on out, those four are all you think about.

Nick:  What the hell else would I be thinking about?  I mean, I'm not like you where I've got these guys from years past following me around that I have to worry about.  You're probably staying up nights because of some weird dreams you had about that Billy guy or whatever his name is, not like I know or care.

Mark seems caught rather off guard by the rather strange response from Nick on that one.

HS:  Huh?  What the hell are you talking about?

Nick:  What?  Nothing.  I'm just giving you a hard time.  Just saying, you know, if you're not worrying about anyone else than why would I be, right?

HS:  Um... yeah, sure.  Whatever you say, yank.

Nick:  Yeah, whatever.  Listen I've got to go, um... do something.  I'll catch up with you guys a little later.

HS:  Alright, catch you later.

With that, Nick gets up from his seat on the bench and Mark is watching him leave seeming quite confused by the whole situation.  As Nick walks away, Mark gets up and seems to head over towards Jordan and Tom just as Nick leaves.  Nick walks out of the locker room and closes the door behind him before then leaning up against the wall and letting out a deep sigh.  Nick then talks to himself once again.

Nick:  Listen, get over it already asshole!  Tonight you're going to beat the living hell out of those four chumps and when that's over, THEN you can worry about beating the shit out of that stupid sucker-punching little asshole the next time he's got the balls to show he's washed-up old ass around here.

Nick steps away from the wall and then starts walking down the hallway.  As Nick turns down an intersecting hall, he ends up walking straight into Matt Grove, who as usual, is drunkenly stumbling around.  As the two collide, Nick hardly moves as Matt goes stumbling backwards and has to lean in through squinted eyes to take a closer look before realizing who he's standing in front of.

Matt:  Oh, hey Nick!!  What's up man?!?

Nick:  Have some things I need to take care of before tonight's show, so if you'll excuse me.

Matt:  Wait, hold on a sec... before you go, maybe you can help me find someone.

Nick:  Yeah, no thanks.

Nick turns and goes to walk away but suddenly stops himself as he seems to come to a realization.

Nick:  Wait, who exactly are you looking for?

Matt:  Well who the hell do you think?  It's um... what's his name!  You know who I'm talking about!

Nick:  What this person happen to be one of your former stablemates and that little "Perfection Connection" group of yours?

Matt:  Yeah!  That's it!  That guy!

Nick:  And you were in a tag team with him too?

Matt:  Yeah, that too!

Nick:  Was this tag team by any chance, called the Party Boys?

Based on Nick's last question, it becomes clear that Nick is concerned that the person Matt is looking for is the very same person who has been on Nick's mind for the past few days, Billy James.  After a moment, of thinking about it, Matt hesitantly replies.

Nick:  Um, yeah... I guess that sounds sort of familiar.

Nick seems to grow a bit wary as he feels that this must mean Billy is in the arena.  Nick goes to say something, but before he can, Matt is seen looking past Nick to something out of the camera view and speaking.

Matt:  Oh, hey man!  There you are!  Yeah, you'd remember, was our tag team named the Party Boys?

Nick's eyes immediately go wide as he realizes Matt is talking to someone talking directly behind him.  Nick quickly spins around with his fists raised ready to find.  Just as he turns around, Nick winds up and is ready to swing only to stop himself just in time as he realizes he is face to face with... Shane Boswell, cousin to Matt.  Shane, meanwhile is too busy addressing Matt to even notice at first.

Shane:  No stupid, that was your tag team with Billy.  We were Life of the Party.

Matt:  Oh yeah!  I knew that.

Shane then looks towards Nick and notices him nervously standing there with his fists still raised.

Nick:  What's your problem?

Nick, at first not even realizing his fists were still raised, stutters as he responds.

Nick:  Oh, um... nothing.  Just, uh... stretching out before my match.

Nick then pulls his arms across his chest to act as if he is stretching while both Shane and Matt look at him rather wearily.

Nick:  Well listen, this has been great and all, but I've got to run.

Nick takes a few steps away from them as he starts talking to himself a bit again.

Nick:  Cut the crap man!  Get over this shit!

Nick smacks himself upside the head, as he is clearly quite frustrated with himself as he storms off away from the two of them.  Matt and Shane both watch him and seem rather confused by his actions before turning back towards each other.

Shane:  That was odd.

Matt:  Forget that crap.  More importantly, are you SOBER?!?

Shane:  Well... yeah.

Matt:  We need to fix that.  Come on!

Matt storms off to go find them some alcohol as Shane just watches his cousin stumble away, laughing at the sight.

Shane:  Ah, what the hell.  Why not?

With that, Shane follows after Matt as the two go off to drink as the scene fades.

>