Author Topic: Oh What a Night  (Read 824 times)

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
Oh What a Night
« on: January 05, 2013, 03:15:52 PM »
 The scene fades into a close-up of Nick Jones and Diana Roberts, sitting together and eating dinner, in a establishment that can easily be assumed to be located somewhere in Los Angeles.  The shot slowly starts to zoom, eventually revealing the rather surprising case that the location which they are eating at is none other than a McDonald's.  As Nick and Diana sit at a small table up against the wall of the restaurant, they continue on eating off of they trays they have in front of them.  All the while, Nick can be seen watching the crowd around them as, with it still being fairly early in the evening, it is rather filled with families, and perhaps most importantly of all, families with many little children.  As would be expected in situations like this, that means there is a combination of some children screaming while others run around like crazy all around them, including right around and up to the table at which they are seated.  After one particular instance where one of the children knocks right into the table where Nick and Diana are seated, the table shakes and in the process bumps into Nick's arm, causing the fries he was about to eat and, worse yet, the ketchup on them, to go spilling onto Nick's shirt.  The already unhappy look on Nick's face turns to one of complete frustration as he slams his fist down onto the table.  Diana looks up from her food at him with a somewhat inquisitive, yet equally annoyed, looked on her.

Diana:  What is it now?

Nick:  You're kidding me, right?  You seriously need to ask.

Diana:  What?  You can't handle a little ketchup on your shirt.  I promise you, it will wash off.

Nick:  It's not just the damn ketchup, it's these little demon shits running all around us.

Diana:  What the hell did you expect?  We're at freakin' McDonald's!  There's going to be kids here.

Nick:  Well that brings up the question of why we're even wasting our time eating at a shithole like this.

Diana:  Don't ask me.  It's not like I wanted to be here.  It's one of our two faults that we're here right now, and I'll give you a hint:  it ain't mine.

The insinuation clearly makes Nick all the more annoyed, and his tone reflects that.

Nick:  How is this my fault?!?

Diana:  Are you serious?  Let's recap shall we.  It started off a few weeks back when we went to that restaurant, Carpaccio's, and after a minor little issue, you decided to do what you always do.  You lost your cool, got into a fight and proceeded to get us tossed out of there.  As if that wasn't enough, you really thought that we could walk back in there tonight without any problems.

Nick:  You didn't object to it before we got there!

Diana:  You never told me where the hell we were going!  I told you as soon as we got there they weren't going to let us in.

Nick:  The hostess didn't seem to have a problem taking my reservation or seating us.

Diana:  Yeah, but all it took was the manager and a team of security to come up and toss our asses out.  So there we are, in the middle of dinner time on a Saturday night, without a reservation.  So yes, it is your fault that we're eating at McDonald's, because it's the only damn place we could get into ya big doof!

Nick:  Whatever, I don't need this crap from you.

Diana:  Hey, I wasn't the one who started bitching about us being here, you were!  I'm just pointing out to you why we're here in the first place.

Nick:  Yeah, whatever.  It obviously wasn't my plan to end up here.

Diana:  Maybe not, but I think tonight was the first time I really saw the real family traits that you and that cousin Bernie of yours really do share.

Nick hesitates for a moment, just glaring at Diana for a few seconds before eventually responding.

Nick:  That was just cold.

Diana laughs as Nick shakes his head at her.

Nick:  You know you're lucky B's not here.  Could you imagine him hearing you call him "Bernie"?

Diana:  Why do you think I said it now?  Need to take advantage of these opportunities when they present themselves.  It's always good for a chuckle to sneak one of those in any time the big doof isn't around.

Nick:  I'll tell you what, it's even more fun to do it to his face.

Diana:  Well that's because you're an ass.

Nick:  You might have a point there.

A smirk appears across the face of Nick before he goes back to eating his food.  Diana giggles before continuing on eating as well.  After another minute or so of eating, Diana decides to kick their initial conversation back up as they eat.

Diana:  As far as your original point, I'm not so sure what's so bad about this.  I mean, think about it.  Given everything that happened, our only choices were pretty much either this or head back home and join the rest of the guys for dinner there, which means eating whatever the hell it was Big B was trying to cook.

Nick can be seen pondering that thought a moment, when suddenly the scene cuts away to a flashback from earlier that evening.

Back inside the home of Nick Jones, the scene opens inside of the kitchen where, at this time, Nick's cousin and employee, Big B, is seen running around like a madman, going back and forth between various cooking appliances including the stove, oven and microwave.  As this is going on, it appears it is not going well as every single one of these items also appears to have smoke billowing out of them.  As this is all going on, the door on the far side of the kitchen opens up and in walk Nick and Diana.  They both stop and watch what is going on before them for a few moments before B finally spots them and stops to turn to them.

Big B:  Oh hey cuz, hey D!  What's up?

Nick:  The two of us are heading out to dinner which, by the look of things, is one of the best decisions we've ever made.

Big B:  Oh, um... ok.

Nick:  Listen, I don't really give a crap what you do.  Just do me a favor and don't burn down the damn house, alright?

Big B:  Yeah, of course not cuz.

Nick:  Good, we'll catch up with you guys later.

Nick and Diana then walk through the kitchen and go to head out off the door on the other side, heading towards the direction of the garage.  However, just before they get out of the kitchen, Big B calls after them.

Big B:  Wait!

Nick and Diana both stop and turn back around to look at B.

Big B:  One quick question before you guys leave.

Nick doesn't even wait for Big B to ask his question before responding.

Nick:  Fire extinguisher is under the sink.

Big B:  Thanks cuz!

Nick:  No problem, see you later.

With that, Nick and Diana walk out of the kitchen on their way out to dinner.

The scene cuts back to the present, as Nick is simply shaking his head and laughing as he thinks over the day's earlier events before turning his attention back to Diana.

Nick:  You make a fair point.

Diana:  See?  It could always be worse.  I mean yeah, it's hardly world class food we're eating, but it's not like we're eating this every day.  I can handle a little fast food every day.

Nick:  The food is garbage, but that's not even my biggest problem.  It's the fact that I can't get through a bite without being annoyed to hell by these little brats all around us.

Diana:  Is it really THAT bad?  Come on, these little brats are kind of cute, you know... sometimes.

Nick:  If you say so, I apparently have never been around for any of those times.

Diana:  Yeah, but it's different when it's your own kids, everyone says that.

Nick stops and looks at Diana for a moment, clearly trying to evaluate something before continuing on.

Nick:  Now hold on a second.  You do know that we will never, ever, ever be having kids, right?

Diana glares at Nick and proceeds to mumble under her breath in response.

Diana:  Yeah, well I need to worry about the possibility of ever getting married or even just engaged first.

Nick:  What was that?

Diana:  Nothing.  Just shut up and eat your damn food.

With that, Diana and Nick simply glare at each other as they both silently eat.  After a few more moments, the same kid from earlier who had bumped into the table comes running by and does so again.  This time, Nick sees him coming however and manages to avoid spilling anything on himself.  Instead, Nick takes the opportunity to take a handful of fries, all covered in ketchup and heave them at the kid, nailing him right in the back of the head with them.  Nick bursts into laughter as the kid runs off towards his parents screaming, with his hair now filled with ketchup.  Diana simply looks at Nick and shakes her head at him, as Nick continues on with his laughter.  A moment later, their table is then approached by the manager of the McDonald's.

Manager:  Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave.

Diana:  Smooth move, dumbass.  Now there's not a place in this entire damn city for us to eat.

Diana grabs her bag and gets up from the table and without another word, simply walks straight towards the door to leave.  Nick then stands up and gets into the managers face for a moment, before eventually turning away and following after Diana as the scene fades.

<hr width=50%>

The scene opens back up inside of the home of Nick Jones.  Inside of the dining room, seated around the table and getting ready for dinner are the members of Nick's Entourage:  Big B, Tony, Jimmy and Max.  On the table in front of them, shockingly enough given what was shown earlier, is a full array of food, all of which looks quite edible and not at all burned.  As they all start to pile food onto their plates, the interrupted by one particular question.

Max:  Excuse me, before we get started.  I know I had mentioned this earlier but I wanted to double check with you guys.  All of this food is kosher, right?

B, Tony and Jimmy all turn and look at each other, all having looks of confusion painted on their faces and seeming to be quite unsure about the answer to that question.  After a few moments of silence, Tony turns his attention back towards Max with a response.

Tony:  Yeah, sure... why not.  Let's eat already!  MANGIA!

Tony is the first to continue piling food onto his plate as B and Jimmy are quick to follow.  Max seems a bit hesitant at first given the phrasing of the response, but eventually gives in and proceeds to get himself food as well.  As the group eventually begins to eat, they start to have a conversation over dinner.  As they all continue on with some random small talk throughout the meal, they are eventually interrupted after, some time into the meal, into the dining room walks Nick and Diana.  As they come in, the group stops their conversation and all attention turns to those two.

Big B:  Hey cuz!  You guys want to join us for dinner?  There's plenty of food.

Nick:  Nah, we're good, but... wait a damn second.

Nick takes a look around, evaluating all of the food seen on the table.

Nick:  What the hell is this?  This is like, a real meal you've got going here.

Big B:  Yeah, it's dinner.

Nick:  I know that you big doof, but last I saw you, you couldn't handle microwave a hot pocket correctly, never mind cooking up all of this.

Nick then stops himself and takes a closer look at what's on the table before continuing.

Nick:  Wait a damn second.  None of this was any of the crap you were cooking up when we left.

Tony:  Hows friggin' stupid you's take us for?

Nick:  That all depends on which one of you we're talking about.

Tony:  Maybe so, but da rest of us ain't stupid enough to eat any of dat crappola.  We's tossed all dat shit right in da garbage.

Jimmy:  Yeah, baby.  Once B was done wasting his time we just went and ordered ourselves some take out.  Got some top shelf food from that Italian place.  What's it called?  Carpaccio's!  That's it, baby.

Max:  Isn't that where you two were going to tonight?

Nick innocently looks over towards Diana to see her reaction, only to see she has her eyes folded across his chest and is staring a hole right through Nick.

Nick:  Well that's really not here nor there.

Big B:  You mean you didn't go there?  Why not?

Nick is left only to stutter and stumble over his words, the reaction which immediately causes Diana's demeanor to change, as she can't help but laugh at the situation.  However, that quickly causes Nick to become the one with the quite displeased look upon his face.  He eventually turns back to the Entourage and snaps back at the group.

Nick:  Whatever, it doesn't matter.  Leave me the hell alone.  We had ourselves a nice dinner, that's all that matters.

Diana:  Nice?

Nick:  Oh shut up.

With that, Nick turns and storms off out of the dining room, while Diana giggles to herself before following after him.  After the group watches them all leave for a moment, they all then go back to their food.

Max:  Anyone else find that exchange a little odd?

Tony:  Wit' dis friggin' group?  Ain't nuttin' surprise me no more.

Max:  Fair point.

The group of them all go back to eating and continuing on with some casual conversation as the scene fades.

<hr width=50%>

The scene fades back into the living room of Nick's house, where Nick is seen to be all alone.  Nick is currently sprawled out on one of the couches as he has the cell phone up to his ear as he's in the midst of a conversation.

Nick:  Come on, everyone out there knows those losers don't have a prayer against us next week.  Whether or not they can bring themselves to admit that is the real question, limey.

With Nick's use of the phrase "limey", it becomes immediately clear that the phone conversation is being carried on with none other than SCW's Co-Owner and close friend and stablemate of Nick's, "Hot Stuff" Mark Ward.  At this point, the scene splits into half, with the left half of the shot still showing Nick in his living room, while the right shows Mark on the other end of the conversation, allowing the viewers the opportunity to hear what he is saying as well.

HS:  You know I'm not going to argue with you that they don't have a chance, but you don't want to underestimate the stupidity of this chumps.  It's very possible they might convince themselves that they might actually be able to pull something off, regardless of how impossible it may be.

Nick:  You must be kidding, even that dipshit cousin of mine, Big B, knows this one is already in the books.

HS:  Like I said... don't underestimate the stupidity of these fools.  After all, they were dump enough to agree to this match in the first place.

Nick:  You've got one hell of a point there.

As the conversation is ongoing, on the left side of the screen it can be seen that Big B comes walking into the living room where Nick is seated.

Big B:  Hey cuz, did I hear you say my name?

Nick ignores Big B as he tries to continue on his conversation with Mark, but it causes B to only start nagging Nick more on the matter.

Big B:  Hey cuz... cuz!

Nick:  WHAT?!?

Mark can be seen hearing Nick's outburst from the other end of the phone and seems rather annoyed by it.

HS:  What the hell is your problem?

Nick:  No, not you.

Big B, clearly oblivious to the fact that Nick was responding to Mark, responds to Nick's comment.

Big B:  Not me?  I could've sworn I heard you say my name.

Nick:  Yes, you did.

HS:  I did what?

Nick:  Nothing.

Big B:  What's nothing?

The frustration clearly continues to mount in Nick as it gets to a point he starts banging his head against the couch cushion next to him.  After a few moments, he finally stops and returns to his phone conversation with Mark.

Nick:  Sorry about that.

B once again seems to think this is directed at him as he responds.

Big B:  No need to apologize.  So why did you call me in here?

Nick:  I didn't.

HS:  Huh?

Nick:  Forget it.

Big B:  Forget what?  That you didn't call me?

Nick puts his hand over his face as he can't quite believe what is going on.

Big B:  So wait... you did say my name?

Nick, in an attempt to avoid any future confusion, simply nods his head.

Big B:  But you weren't calling me in here?

Nick shakes his head.

Big B:  Oh... so you were just talking about me?

With a look of relief on his face that B finally figured it out, Nick gives Big B a big thumbs up, which brings a smile to his face.

Big B:  Oh, ok.  Gotcha!

With that, Nick lets out a sigh of relief and returns to his phone conversation with Mark.

Nick:  Anyway, as we were saying...

B, upon hearing this, stops in his tracks and turns back to Nick.

Big B:  Saying about what?

Nick's expression quickly changes from relief to anger as he proceeds to group a pillow off of the couch and throw it right into Big B's face.  Nick then gets up off of the couch, storming out of the living room leaving Big B standing there seeming rather perplexed.

Big B:  Weird.  Sometimes I wonder if that cuz of mine isn't the smartest fellow.

Big B shrugs to nobody in particular as the scene then cuts back over to follow Nick, who is in the process of storming up the stairs of the house.  As he reaches the top, he goes straight for his master bedroom, walks inside and closes the door behind him.  Nick then takes a seat on the bed before returning to his conversation.

Nick:  Sorry about that limey, I was just dealing with the moron of a cousin of mine.

HS:  Yeah, I know, yank.

Nick:  You know?  Then what the hell were you responding to the crap I was saying to him for?

HS:  I don't know, just seemed like fun to mess with you.

Nick:  You're an asshole.

HS:  So I've been told.

Nick:  Whatever, back to the topic at hand.  These clowns can't do shit against us.  I mean, what have these losers ever accomplished?  Amongst the four of the men, the only guy anyone has even heard of before is that clown Spike, and he always has and always will spend his entire career in our shadows.

HS:  I suppose that's one way to look at it.  Although didn't he recently...

Nick:  Shut it, limey.  Anyway, beyond that, what have these other three losers accomplished?  They are winners of nothing but some second rate belts that mean jack and shit, and jack just left town.  

Mark can be seen looking at his phone and shaking his head in disgust at Nick's joke.

HS:  Really yank?

Nick:  Yeah, sorry about that one.  Anyway, my point is, what have they got that proves them to be anything?  Each having a reign as the illustrious Roulette Champion?  Give me a break, it's a belt specifically designed to make the losers feel better about themselves, and all these three idiots could do was trade it around between the three of them.  All that proves is every one of them is just as mediocre as the other one.

HS:  And let's not forget, as far as how their reigns all went, it was Kennedy who lost the belt to Williams, who then lost to Koji.  And who did Koji lose it to?  Well that would be none other than the fourth member of our team next Sunday, Goth.

Nick:  Imagine that, the biggest loser on our team has already proven that he's still better than AT LEAST 3 of the 4 putzes who's asses we'll be kicking.  I mean look at our team versus theirs, how can anyone consider this to even be a fair fight?  I almost feel bad for them.

HS:  Really?  You do?

Nick:  Well no, of course not.  But the point is, the sympathetic side of me would like to see them at least have some sliver of hope to grasp onto before we inevitable beat the living crap out of them.

HS:  I think the only way to do that would have been to let them have the rest of the SCW roster on their team in a handicap match.

Nick:  I'm still not so sure that would have been enough.

Both men get a good hearty laugh at their own arrogance before continuing on.

Nick:  But seriously, look at what we've got on our team.  Of course there's yours truly, the man dominated all of SCW in 2012, capturing 4 SCW awards and being the 2-time, and longest reigning, SCW Heavyweight Champion in history.  Not to mention, also a former GXW World Heavyweight Champion.  Jordan?  Former GPW and GCW World Heavyweight Champion.  Tom?  Former GXW World Heavyweight Champion.  That's not to mention all of the countless other achievements we could list for each of us, but the point is that we have ALL proven to be the very best of the best.  Then, you know, there's Goth too.

HS:  Say what you want, yank, and I know you're not exactly fond of the idea of having a partner outside of our group, but he's a hell of a talent in his own right.  Do you really think I'd steer us wrong when getting us a fourth man for this match?

Nick:  If you say so.  I'll defer to you on this one.  But my point really is, even if he was the very worst of the worst, those chumps still wouldn't stand a chance against us.

HS:  I promise you that he's not.

Nick:  Well then there you go.  This really should be quite the...

Nick manages to cut himself off as he just suddenly stops talking.  The reason becomes quite apparent, as the scene zooms out to show that the master bathroom door has just opened and out steps Diana, wearing nothing but a towel.  She sees Nick eying her, which draws a big smile to her face.  Diana then walks up to the bed and climbs onto the bed right behind where Nick is sitting.  She then starts to lean in and kiss Nick on the neck as he tries to return to his conversation with Nick, but rather unsuccessfully.

Nick:  ... should be, um... uh... quite the, uh... match?

HS:  I thought you were going to say quite the ass-kicking.

Nick:  Yeah, uh... that too.  These guys, they don't.... you know.

HS:  Stand a chance?

Nick:  Right... right.  That.

As Nick is trying to carry on the conversation, it gets worse as Diana is also pulling Nick's shirt off over his head.  He puts his finger up to indicate she wait a bit, but she completely ignores in, instead pushing his hand away and continuing to kiss him.

HS:  What the hell is wrong with you?

Nick:  Nothing, I'm just, uh...

At that moment, Diana leans in towards Nick's ear and whispers something.  Nick's eyes immediately go wide as he reacts to what she says.

Nick:  Say what?!?

HS:  What?  I didn't say anything.

Nick:  Um, right... um... yeah.  Can you hold on a second?

With that, Nick takes his cell phone and immediately puts it onto speaker phone.  He then places the phone down on the night stand and immediately hops completely onto the bed.  Before anything else happens, the shot following Nick immediately zooms in on the phone sitting on top of the night stand as a moment later, Nick can be heard calling over to it from off screen.

Nick:  So yeah... you were saying Mark?

HS:  I was just saying, Goth is going to hold his own out there, so don't be worry about him and...

Some noises can be heard coming from off camera where Nick is and Mark clearly hears it as he pulls his phone away from his ear and looks at it strangely before speaking again.

HS:  Nick?  Everything alright over there?

Nick:  Yeah, yeah.  Everything's great!

HS:  Ok, whatever.  Like I was saying, he'll do his part and so you guys don't need to worry about any of that.  Just enjoy the opportunity to beat the hell out of those pieces of crap.  Got it?

Mark waits for a response, but none comes as more noise can be heard coming from off camera.

HS:  Nick?..... Nick?

Mark looks confused again for a moment, before he suddenly seems to realize what exactly is going on.

HS:  Oh, you've got to be kidding me!  This shit AGAIN?

With that, Mark quickly hangs up his phone, wanting to hear no more of any of that.

HS:  That guy has some serious issues.

Mark shakes his head in disgust as the scene fades to black.
>