Author Topic: A Day Out in Tokyo  (Read 869 times)

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
A Day Out in Tokyo
« on: September 21, 2012, 03:01:55 PM »
 The scene opens up inside of the hotel room of SCW Heavyweight Champion Nick Jones in Tokyo, Japan just days before SCW's next scheduled supercard, Violent Conduct.  As it fades in, Nick and Diana are laying together on the couch as Big B, Tony, Jimmy and Max all sit around the table playing cards.  As the hand finishes up and they show the card, Tony starts to collect the chips from the center of the table as his winnings, until he is stopped by Big B.

Big B:  Hey, wait a second, didn't I win that hand?

Tony:  What is you's talkin' about?  We're playin' poka', ya mook.

Big B:  Oh... never mind then.

Tony just looks at Big B and shakes his head as he finishes collecting together his chips.  Big B then looks down in front of him and realizes he has only a few poker chips left.  With that, Big B quickly turns his attention to Max.

Big B:  I'm almost out of chips.  Can I have some more please?

Max:  Sure thing.

Max goes to the chip tray by him and counts out a set amount before passing them over to Big B.

Tony:  'Ey, you's keepin' track of who owes how much or what?

Max:  Yeah, of course.

Tony:  Well I ain't seen you writin' it down nowheres.

Max:  I know this may be hard for you to believe, but some of us are actually capable of keeping count.

As soon as that said, it immediately draws the attention of everyone in the room, all of whom have complete looks of shock on their face.  Even Nick and Diana, from their spots on the couch, with their attention focused on the movie, can't help but sit up and turn around to look on the situation.  Nick is then the first one to speak up.

Nick:  What the hell was that?

Jimmy:  Yeah... Jimmy, baby, when'd you grow a pair?

Max:  I guess all of this time hanging around with you bunch of shlemiels has started to wear off on me.

Tony:  You's should be watchin' out if ya gonna be doin' dat to one of da big guys ya know.

Max:  Meh, I'm not too worried.  You need me around in order for you to get paid.

Tony looks as though he's about to give a comeback, but seems unsure of what to say.  He then momentarily turns his attention towards Nick who just laughs and nods his head.

Nick:  He's right you know.  I sure as hell can't be bothered to pay you chumps myself.

Tony:  Well ain't dat a bitch?

Nick:  You're telling me.  These days he's got better access to my money than I do.

The last comment from Nick draws a laugh from the group, just then there is a knock on the door to the hotel suite.  The four entourage members seated at the table all seem about ready to get up to get the door, but Nick is quick to waive them off as he gets up.

Nick:  Don't sweat it guys, I've got this.  It has got to be the guide and translator person I hired to help us out for today.  Probably some big, fat, sweaty sumo wrestler type.

Nick then walks over to the door and opens it, standing on the other side is an extremely attractive Asian woman is standing before him.  The expression on Nick's face quickly changes to that of a big smile.

Nick:  Well hello there.

Asian Woman:  Hello, are you Mister Jones?

Nick:  The one and only.

Big B:  That's not true.  I'm also...

Nick quickly turns his attention towards Big B and speaks, cutting him off.

Nick:  Oh shut up, you.

Nick then turns back to the Asian woman as she continues speaking.

Asian Woman:  It's nice to meet you.  I am the Tokyo guide and translator you hired for today.

Nick:  You don't say.  I never would have guessed... this.

Nick looks the woman up and down, but she doesn't quite seem to understand what Nick is indicating.

Nick:  Please, come on.

Nick holds the door open for the woman and steps back, holding his arm out to guide her in and she nods at Nick as she walks in.  As she goes by Nick, his eyes immediately move to stare at her from behind, only to look up and see Diana now standing next to the couch and glaring at Nick with her arms folded across her chest.  In an attempt to quickly recover, Nick runs right over towards Diana and puts his arm around her as he motions to the Asian woman.

Nick:  This is my lovely and fantastic girlfriend Diana.  And those over there are the clowns who I pay to do all the crap I don't want to do.  Don't worry, you have no need to worry about who any of them are.

Translator:  It's very nice to meet you all.  Let me just start off by asking, was there anything in particular you had in mind that you needed help with to start things off?

Nick:  There's a few places we'll ask you to take us around to, but I think it's pretty obvious that we don't really need a translator.  After all, I can speak Japanese.

Translator:  Oh really?

Nick:  Yeah, listen:  ching chong chang chong ching!

Nick bursts into laughter as Tony and Jimmy join along with him.  Diana simply shakes her head as she chuckles a little while Max seems uncomfortable and Big B looks simply confused.  Meanwhile, the translator woman is only looking at Nick with a scowl, clearly quite unamused about it.  However, before she can say anything, Big B is the first one to chime in.

Big B:  Wait a second.  That's not Japanese!

Nick is quick to respond, his tone dripping with sarcasm.

Nick:  Really?!?  No kidding?!?

Big B, clearly completely oblivious to Nick's sarcasm, responds rather seriously.

Big B:  No seriously, it's not.  Whoever told you it was must have been mistaken

Nick:  How the hell would you know if it was or not?

Big B:  Because I can speak Japanese.

Silence once again comes over the group as they all look at each other, before everyone, with the exception of the translator bursts into Nick.

Nick:  Yeah, sure you can.

Tony:  Hate to break it to ya big guy, but knowing how to say "teriyaki chicken" ain't freakin' speakin' no Japanese.

The group laughs even louder at Tony's comment as Big B just seems confused.

Big B:  No, I can really speak real Japanese.  For real.

The group is still laughing as Big B then turns to the translator woman and suddenly starts to speak in what certainly sounds like real, fluent Japanese.  The group immediately gets quiet and as he is finished speaking, the translator is quick to respond in Japanese.  The two then proceed to go forward, speaking back and forth as everyone else is left silent and completely dumbfounded.  As they wrap up their conversation, the translator gives a slight giggle to Big B's last comment before turning back to Nick, who is standing there completely silent and with his mouth left open.

Translator:  Your cousin here speaks Japanese very well.  He says you would like to start off your day with some training.  Is that so?

Nick:  Um... uh... yeah, sure.  Listen, why don't you two go out in the hall and the rest of us, uh... we'll be right out there.

The woman nods and walks towards the door, as Big B gets up and accompanies her out.  The group waits until the door is closed behind them before Nick quickly turns to them all.

Nick:  What the hell was that?!?

Diana:  It's like he's some sort of idiot savant or something.

Jimmy:  Go figure, I always thought he was just an idiot.

Nick:  HE IS!  I just... I... have no freakin' idea what is going on.  The sooner we get out from this side of the world the better, everything around here is just all sorts of messed up.  Alright, let's get the hell out of here.

Nick takes Diana with his arm around her shoulder and heads towards the door, followed behind by Jimmy, Max and Tony as the scene fades.

<hr width=50%>

The scene fades back into a dojo somewhere in Tokyo, where a number of Asian martial arts instructors and students are seen in the process of training.  The front door then opens and in steps the Tokyo guide and translator from earlier, who is followed immediately behind by Nick and his entire entourage.  As they step inside, they all come to a stop as the woman turns to Nick.

Translator:  I spoke to one of the instructors here, and he felt this would be a great opportunity for you to do your training while learning some things that may help you on Sunday and throughout your wrestling career.

Nick's only response is to simply respond in a bit of a singing tone.

Nick:  Everybody was Kung Foo fighting!

Nick then looks to see the dirty look he's receiving from the translator in response and gives a slight chuckle before speaking again.

Nick:  Um... sorry.  Sounds like a plan, so what's the deal here?

Translator:  Here comes the instructor now, I will translate for you.

The instructor walks up towards the group of them and gives a slight bow to the translator, as she does in return, as he says something to her.  As he finishes speaking, the translator turns to Nick.

Translator:  He welcomes you to his dojo and says he looks forward to working with you here today.

The man turns towards Nick and gives a bit of a bow, which Nick does an overly dramatic bow in return as he speaks.

Nick:  Domo arigato Mr. Roboto.

The group of the entourage standing behind Nick can't help but laugh, as the translator simply shakes his head at him.  Nick smiles widely as he looks back at her.

Nick:  Come on, even you have to admit that was a good one.

The woman actually gives a slight chuckle and as they turn back towards the instructor he motions Nick towards one of the training mats as he speaks to the woman.

Translator:  He says please come right this way.

The entourage stays behind as the translator kicks her shoes off and motions at Nick to do the same.  Nick kicks his shoes off before walking out onto the training mat, following the instructor.  The instructor stops and turns around, then speak again to the translator.

Translator:  He asks if you have any prior formal martial arts training.

Nick:  Yes, tell him I am well trained in karate.

The translator turns back to the man and speaks again and as both she and the instructor turn to look towards Nick again, he raises his arms up over his head and lifts up one leg, imitating the crane kick from Karate Kid.

Nick:  See? Look.  I told you.

Nick once again laughs at his own joke, but then comes to a quick end as the instructor quickly sweeps around and takes Nick's leg out from under him, causing Nick to go crashing down to the mat.  Nick quickly scrambles back up as he looks rather annoyed at the whole situation.

Nick:  What the hell was that about?

Translator:  The instructor was not amused.

Nick:  Yeah, whatever.  Let's just get this thing going.

Translator:  Ok.  He says in order to get an idea of where you are currently at, he wants you to try to come at him and take him down to the mat.

Nick:  Really?  That's it?  Piece of cake.

The translator steps back as Nick starts to circle around the instructor with his arms ready, as if he's going to go for a collar and elbow tie-up, as the instructor turns along with Nick, simply watching him.  Nick then goes in at the instructor and goes to grab him, but the instructor is quick to duck out of the way and hits Nick with a quick kick right to the ribs.  Nick stumbles back in the process and glares back at the instructor for a moment.

Nick:  I beat you think that's real funny, huh?

Nick then moves in again, this time swinging for a punch, but the instructor ducks once again, this time hitting a side kick right into Nick's gut, doubling him over.  Nick quickly recovers however, and now charges right at the instructor, who grabs Nick as he is coming in and drags him over, taking him right back down to the mat.  Nick rolls over to his stomach and gets onto his knees, his face now turning red as he glares angrily at the instructor.  The instructor reaches his hand out to help Nick back to his feet.  Nick takes the instructors hand and then as he gets up, pulls the instructor in and tackles him hard down to the mat.  Nick then starts to rain a series of right hands, directly into the face of the instructor, who tries to cover up as best as he can.

Translator:  What are you doing??  STOP THAT!!

As Nick continues the barrage, a quick nod from Diana sends Tony and Big B running out onto the mat, and the two quickly grab Nick by one arm each and pull him off of the instructor.  They drag him off back towards the door as he is trying to fight free while screaming back at the instructor.

Nick:  Who's the tough guy now, huh?!?  I don't need some stupid karate crap to kick your ass!

B and Tony get Nick back towards the door, where the rest of the group manage to calm him down a bit.  The translator helps the instructor back up to his feet and apologizes to him before heading back over towards the group.  She glares at Nick while speaking to him in a very angry tone.

Translator:  You need to leave.  Now!

Nick:  Yeah, whatever.  Be as pissed at me as you want, you're still on my pay and that means you're coming with me.  I've got some stupid presser thing I need to go to that I need you to translate for, so let's move it.

Nick turns and walks out the door, immediately followed by entourage.  The translator gives a sigh before putting her shoes back on and following them out the door as the scene fades.

<hr width=50%>

The scene fades back in outside of the ticket sales box office of the Ariake Coliseum in Tokyo, the site of SCW Violent Conduct.  Standing there, surrounded by a bunch of local news reporters, is Nick Jones along with his translator, and the entirety of his entourage standing a few steps behind them.  It appears the news presser has already began and as we cut in, we hear some of the reports speaking in Japanese to the translator.  After they are finished, she turns to Nick.

Translator:  How are you liking your time here in Tokyo so far?  And do you have any other plans outside of your match this Sunday?

Nick:  It's certainly been an interesting few days, I'll give them that.  As far as what else there is to do, well I think everybody needs to have fun tonight.  You know, everybody wang chung tonight.

Nick shoots a big smile back as the translator rolls her eyes and turns back to the reporters and speaks to them.  Another question comes as she then translates it for Nick.

Translator:  What are your thoughts on this upcoming match?

Nick:  What are you my thoughts?  It's a joke.  This clown is nothing but a guy who's made his entire career off of riding other people's coat tails.  He did it back when we were in GXT together.  He's doing it with his little knock-off group of "NXT".  And now he's trying to do it by sneaking his way into our main event by somehow convincing one of the idiot bookers in SCW that this dipshit is actually deserving of an SCW title shot.  Don't ask me how the hell he did that, but it won't make a difference, because he's not walking out with my belt, I can promise you that.

The translator turns to the reporters and gives a response in Japanese, however it seems to be rather short to be a full translation, but Nick seems to neither notice nor care.  After another question, the translator turns back to Nick.

Translator:  What are your feelings about Spike being the NeWA World Heavyweight Champion?

Nick:  It's meaningless.  He was given a shot that he never even earned, as I was the top ranked SCW wrestler when he got his first shot and, of course, lost and then was still given a second shot.  Not that I would have wanted that piece of garbage anyway, but that only further proves how worthless it is.  Now I'm sitting here facing this so-called champ one on one and it is only my belt, not his, that is on the line.  That tells you all really need to know about both the champ and the belt, they're both useless crap.

She turns back towards the reports and once against speaks in Japanese, given a rather short answer.  After a moment they are all heard talking back to her briefly as she turns back towards Nick.

Translator:  It looks like that is all of their questions.  They all thank you very much for you time and wish you the best of luck on this Sunday.

Nick:  Really?  You're kidding me.

Translator:  Yes, I assure you that is really what they said.

At that point, Big B moves forward, sticking his head between Nick and the translator.

Big B:  It's true, cuz.  That's what they said!

Nick:  Well I'll be damned.  I've got to say, that's a nice change of pace.  Good to see the people around here with me just being honest about my feelings, not like those idiot reporters back home in the US who get their panties in a bunch every time I'm not all sweet and endearing.

Translator:  Oh yes, they are very understanding.

Nick:  Good stuff.

Nick then turns his attention back towards his entourage, as he moves in to talk to Diana for a moment.  As he does this, Big B moves in closer to the translator and speaks to her quietly.

Big B:  While that is really what they said, I'm kind of confused.  Are you sure you were translating what my cuz said properly?  It sounded to me like you kept saying different things in Japanese than what he was saying.

The translator seems a bit nervous by this question, as she stutters a bit and hesitates before giving any sort of answer.

Translator:  Um, well... uh... that's because, um... I was speaking in a different dialect.

Big B stares at her blankly for a moment, as the woman seems to get even more nervous, until a smile suddenly comes across B's face as he nods at her.

Big B:  Oh ok, that makes sense.

Big B then turns back towards the entourage and joins in on their conversation, leaving the woman standing alone for a moment.  She then quietly speaks to herself.

Translator:  They were right, he really is an idiot.

The translator moves towards the group and joins in to their conversation as the scene fades to black.
>