Author Topic: The Fire in His Eyes  (Read 938 times)

Offline Jake Sullivan

• TAFKAR-The Artist Formerly Known As Rage
    • View Profile
    • Jake Sullivan
The Fire in His Eyes
« on: April 24, 2012, 09:40:48 PM »
 ”I’m not one who enjoys going to these Q&A things.  Even if it is for the fans who shell out the cash to see me wrestle.  Because let’s face it, not everyone likes me I’m sure.  I’ve been to these question and answer things before and received a few honestly dumbass questions, and my answers may or may not have changed a person’s view on me.  Hey, I’m brutally honest.  Sue me if you don’t like what I have to say.”

“I really didn’t want to go to this thing today, but considering I’m main eventing at London Brawling in a few days, Synn said I basically have no choice.  Like Hell I don’t have a choice!  If people piss me off today, I won’t be held accountable for the things I say, or possibly do.”

“And that is why Synn felt it a good idea to send Shane along. *snort* Like he’d be able to keep me in check due to possible stupidity coming from his fellow countrymen and women?  I think not!”

“Oh well.  I’m just gonna go out there, answer all of those stupid questions, sign a few autographs afterwards and get the hell out of there.  Piece of cake, right?”

“Let the fun begin…”

Tuesday April 24th

Several SCW superstars are gathered at The Royal Albert Hall for the first of many promotional events leading up to London Brawling.  Hundreds of fans have showed up to see their favorite SCW wrestlers, most of them giddy with excitement.  Today’s event is a candid question and answer session.  The fans have been told that all questions will be allowed.  Personal or otherwise!

Rage waits behind the stage as his turn for questions is approaching next.  Shane stands next to him, taking notice of the big man’s demeanor today.

Shane: Don’t tell me you’re nervous, mate.

Rage looks at him from the corner of his eye and laughs a bit.

Rage: Hardly.  I hate these things.  Most of the questions piss me off.

Shane: What doesn’t piss you off?  Just relax, go out there, answer the questions and keep that temper of yours in check for a little while.  Don’t go attacking on of your adoring fans.

Shane can’t help but laugh as he puts emphasis on the word ‘adoring.’  Rage rolls his eyes and growls.  Back onstage, the host for today’s event, a man name Vince, announces Rage and asks him to join him on stage.

Vince: Okay ladies and gentlemen, our next superstar should prove to be quite the treat.  This man was the winner of an eight-man tournament to become the number one contender to the Heavyweight title.  This man, aptly named The Sin of Wrath in the Seven Deadly Sins has his sights set on gold this Sunday.  Everyone please welcome Rage!

Shane: That’s your cue, mate.

Shane pushes Rage and the angry sin heads for the stage.  Vince claps, as all of the fans gathered cheer for him.  Rage takes a seat at the table set up for the event as the crowd dies down.

Rage: Thanks, Vince, for the, uh, warm welcome.

Everyone can tell that Rage is very uncomfortable trying to be nice.  Vince is set up at his own podium a few feet away from the table Rage is seated at and out in the audience, two microphones are set up where the fans are allowed to go to ask their questions.

Vince: It’s a pleasure to have you here.  Now as you know, the fans…your fans, were informed they can ask you whatever question they like.  It can be a wrestling related question or something all together unrelated, and quite honestly, personal.  Are you ready for this?

Rage leans back in his chair and folds his arms.

Rage: As ready as I’ll ever be, Vince.  Let’s get this show on the road.

Vince: Alright, then.  Will the first person please step up to the mic?

Rage scans the crowd and watches as a young man, appearing to be in his mid twenties, heads for the mic.  He has a funny look on his face as he takes his place at the mic to address Rage.

Fan #1: Rage, my man, how’s it going?  Mike here, from London.

Rage only nods as the fan introduces himself, his accent undeniable.

Fan #1: Okay, so my mates and I have been watching the past few weeks, and we all are dying to know…When was the last time you really got laid?

Several people in the audience in the crowd burst out laughing, and some cheer, waiting for Rage to respond.  Vince offers a chuckle at his podium, and offstage, Rage can see Shane standing there laughing as well.  Rage flips him off, but Shane signals for him to answer the question.

Vince: We’re all waiting for your answer, Rage.

Rage clears his throat, letting off an uncomfortable yet angry sounding laugh, his annoyance at the question clearly shining through.

Rage: Well, Mike, I have a question for you in return, and response to that.  How is my sex like any of your business…mate?

Fan #1: Should have said lack of a sex life, mate.

Once again everyone in the crowd laughs, but this causes Rage’s temper to flare.

Rage: Hey, pal, you don’t know shit about me.  So why don’t you go back to your buddies and shut the hell up?!

Vince: Okay, next question please!

Shane clears his throat loudly, causing Rage to look his way.  Shane shakes his head, and Rage just rolls his eyes, soon turning his focus and attention back to the next fan.  This time, a younger fan is approaching the mic.  The boy, in his early teens, is wearing a shirt that reads “RAGEing OUT.”

Fan #2: Hi, Rage…sir…

Rage: Kid, don’t call me sir.  Just get to the damn question.

The boy smiles uncomfortably, and once again offstage Shane shakes his head.

Fan #2: Well, I was just wondering…How did you, ya know, get into wrestling?  Nobody really knows anything about your past.

Rage: People only know what I want them to know, kid.  Plain and simple.  As for how I got into wrestling, well, if you watched GXW back in the day, you would have some understanding of how I was brought here.  You see, our resident backstabbing big-assed Bombshell, Misty, did her research back then.  She was looking for someone to basically do her bidding.  Someone strong and ruthless…brutal.  Whatever she found, she knew I was that person…for the most part.  I didn’t put up with her bullshit for too long, when I joined the Sins and Synn helped me learn to channel my anger and use it to my advantage in the ring.  Synn and Shane taught me how to control my anger outside of the ring.  Trust me, kid, when I say that prison isn’t a place you want to end up.

Vince nods and signals for the boy to leave the mic.

Vince: Next I believe we have a question about current events in SCW now.

Fan number three, a teenage girl with brunette hair, steps up to the mic.

Fan #3: Hi there!  I was wondering how it feels to be working for Mark Ward and Christian Underwood?

Rage offers up a slight laugh as he thinks about how to answer that question.

Rage: Man, how do I answer that question without possibly getting fined…

The audience laughs.

Rage: Christian Underwood isn’t so bad to work for.  He’s the boss that is considered the fair one.  He’s more understanding, but that doesn’t mean if one of us pisses him off he won’t hesitate to book us in an embarrassing match.  That’s one of the reasons I choose to avoid getting on his bad side at all costs.  I mean, come on, for all I know, he’d book me in a thong mud-match or something. *shudders And Synn would just love to be a ringside for THAT.

The audience laughs again, and offstage, Shane stands there, shuddering and nodding the whole time.

Rage: As for Mark Ward…

Rage gets an evil look in his eye and laughs.

Rage: Oh the things that can be said about Mark Ward, but this is where I have to be careful.  By now you’ve all pretty much seen the promo work he’s put out for his match against Kain.  If you piss him off, he’s nothing more than an asshole, and that’s putting it lightly.  Twice now in the past few months I’ve watched someone challenge him, trying to take him down.  Spike failed, and Kain will more than likely fail this Sunday.  I’m not so sure Mark Ward would be that lucky if he stepped in the ring against me.  Don’t take that as me challenging him, though.  No, for now, I’m comfortable taking out his boy Nick Jones and winning the Heavyweight Title.  Because I’ll want to stay the Heavyweight champion after Sunday, I’ll stay clear of “Hot Stuff” and let some other brave soul challenge him.

The young girl smiles and nods then walks away from the mic, as another fan brushes past her to ask his question.

Fan #4: Speaking of Nick Jones, do you really think you’ll be able to beat him at London Brawling?

Rage: No, I don’t think so…

The audience gasps, including Vince, and offstage Shane even goes wide-eyed.

Rage: I don’t think I’ll be able to beat him at London Brawling.  I KNOW I’m going to beat him.  He can walk around acting all confident and cocky, but we all know that’s just an act.  I could take Nick Jones out on his worst day, and he knows it.  I know that I’m better than him, and deep down he knows it too, and if..no when he tries to have the members of his pathetic entourage help him, that will only prove my point.  If he’s the best, why the hell does he need anyone’s help?  Have I had anyone’s help in anything I’ve done so far here in SCW?  Hell no.  There’s no doubt in my mind that right now, you all are looking at the next SCW Heavyweight Champion.

Fan number four steps away from the mic with a smile, as the fifth and final fan takes their turn.

Fan #5: How do you feel about Nick Jones calling you the best of the worst after winning the knockout tournament?

Rage laughs before a sadistic smile grows on his face.

Rage: Nick will find out just what I think of that statement on Sunday once the two of us come face to face in the ring for the first time.  That was a pretty brave thing he said, because I’m far from being considered one of the worst, and my win streak so far proves it.  Once London Brawling is said and done, between me and Nick, I’ll be the one walking away undefeated in singles competition, and I’ll be considered the best of the best.  That’s a promise.

The audience cheers and applauds the big man, as Vince turns to face him.

Vince: That ends questions from the fans, but Rage, I have one question I think everyone is dying to know the answer to.  Will the ‘Get Rage Laid’ saga finally come to an end here in London?

Vince smiles innocently expecting Rage to answer calmly and honestly.  His question has the opposite effect, however, as Rage pushes himself away from the table, the look in his eyes showing nothing but pure hatred and evil.  The audience and Vince look on in terror as Rage makes his way over to vince.

Rage: You think that’s funny?!  YOU THINK YOU’RE FUNNY?!

Vince holds his arms out, trying to defend himself as he shakes his head and backs away from Rage.  Shane has made his way onstage at this point, and stands in between Rage and Vince, trying to push Rage away.

Rage: Let me go, Shane!  I’m sick of people thinking this bullshit is funny!  

Shane: Back off, big man!  I don’t think Synn wants to bail you out of jail tonight, mate.

Rage glares at Vince, his face flushed red and nostrils flared out.  He shoves away from Shane and storms offstage, huffing and puffing, and knocking the table over at the same time.  Vince dusts himself off even though Rage didn’t lay a finger on him, and turns to the audience as Shane walks off stage after Rage.  Vince smiles, and laughs, his voice cracking a little bit.

Vince: Well there ya have it, folks.  I think the Sin of Wrath just made quite a statement, and might I add, I full intended for that last bit to happen.  Let’s have a round of applause for Rage again everyone.

The audience hesitantly claps, not sure what to think of what just happened.  Behind the stage, Rage is pacing back and forth, clenching his fists and cracking his neck.  Shane walks up to him.

Shane: Attempting to attack that guy was not a good idea, mate.  You’re lucky I stopped you.

Rage: Only because I [/b]let[/b] you stop me.  Trust me, I could have sent you flying just as easily as that piece of shit out there!  I’m tired of people using me as a f*cking joke!  They all quit laughing when my temper flares, don’t they?  Bunch of pansy ass—

Shane: Don’t lie, bud.  You know you stopped because the thought of spending the night in jail didn’t sound so appealing.  You know Synn would have left ya there so somebody could make ya their bitch.

Rage glares at Shane and shakes his head.

Rage: I’m nobody’s bitch, Shane.

Shane raises an eyebrow.

Shane: That’s more then I needed to know, bud…

Rage growls, having been taken out of context yet again.

Rage: I really need to think before I speak.  I’m getting out of here..

Shane steps in front of Rage, stopping him, and shakes his head.

Shane: I don’t think so, big man.  You’ve still got that meet and greet next.  Your fans are just dying for a picture with ya.

Rage: Absolutely not!  You saw what happened out there just now!  I’m in no mood for some stupid meet and greet!

Shane: You need to get used to it, bud.  When you win the Heavyweight title, you’re gonna be the face of SCW and things like this will be a priority.

Rage scowls, but doesn’t respond.  He shoves past Shane, heading off to where the meet and greet is scheduled to take place, and Shane follows behind him.

One hour later Rage is seated at yet another table, this time inside The Royal Albert Hall.  Several other tables are set up in the area for today’s meet and greet, each one with a different SCW superstar.  Shane is seated next to Rage, as they wait for the event to start.

Rage: You know, if we leave now, no one will care.  I’m pretty sure I scared the piss out of everyone earlier anyway, so no one will want to come near me.

Shane: I don’t think that’s going to stop anyone.  Everyone knows that the slightest things piss you off, but they don’t care.  If Nick Jones were here today, he’d have people swarming to meet him.  They’re all dying to meet you, bud.

Rage laughs.

Rage: It’s a good thing Nick isn’t here today.  I’m pretty sure we’d have an early start to our match.  I’d give him a taste of what he’s going to experience on Sunday.

Shane: I believe it.  Look, the fans are starting to walk in.  Get those angry looking pictures of yours ready.

Rage: Where’s yours?

Shane laughs and sits back in the chair.

Shane: Sorry, people have to pay a lot more if they want an autographed picture of this amazing body.  I’m worth more than what they paid to be here today.  

Rage rolls his eyes as he grabs a black sharpie, waiting for the fans to make their way over to him.  Both he and Shane are shocked, and a little amused at the first woman to head towards Rage’s table.  The woman, in her early twenties, is dressed in a pair of dark jeans and is wearing a Rage t-shirt.  Her hair is a reddish brown color, with blonde peek-a-boo streaks in them, but it’s what she is carrying, that gets a chuckle out of Rage and Shane.  Rage stares at her as she walks up to his table.

Rage: Sorry to burst your bubble, but Despayre isn’t here today.

The woman looks at him with a smile, as she places the stuffed pink flamingo, a-la Build-A-Bear down on the table in front of him.  The pink flamingo is dressed in a pair of tiny pink shorts, a pink and white t-shirt reading “St. Louis Zoo” on it, complete with some pink sequenced shoes and pink bows around its head.  She points to her shirt as she looks at Rage.

Woman: Can’t you read?  I’m not here to see Despayre, though that would have been an added treat if he were here.  I’m here to see you.  Duh!

Rage glares at her, already annoyed with her.  Shane offers a laugh, but says nothing.  Rage takes grabs one of his pictures, his recently released poster, and opens the sharpie, looking at the woman.

\'user

Rage: You gonna tell me who to write this to or not?

Woman: Oh, I’m sorry, I was just staring at your shiny head.  It’s really a lot shinier in person, you know.  

Rage growls, but the woman doesn’t seem afraid and just laughs it off.

Woman: My name is Maggie.

Rage suddenly drops the sharpie upon hearing the woman’s name.  He and Shane look at each other, and Shane shrugs.  Rage looks back to the woman, who is still smiling.

Rage: Excuse me?  What did you say your name was?

Maggie: What, are you deaf?  I said my name is Maggie.  

Rage: I’ll be damned…this is just too damn freaky.  

Shane watches on, baffled, but smiling.  Rage leans back in his chair, not sure of his next move, as Maggie looks at him.

Maggie: Oh, I get it now.  This has to do with what Jason Adams said a few weeks back, right?

Rage: Gee, ya think?  But, Jason Adams has no clue what he’s talking about anyway.  I’ve never met you before in my life, so to say you are the reason for my anger issues—

Maggie shrugs, grabbing a hold of her pink flamingo.

Maggie: How do you know he wasn’t right?  I could be the reason you’re so angry all the time.

Rage lets out a laugh and leans on his elbows on the table.

Rage: Oh really?

Maggie nods.

Maggie: Yep!  What if I told you that I was the reason you didn’t have a match for two whole months?  That got you angry, right?

Rage looks at Shane, who again just shrugs, choosing to stay out of this conversation.  He is too amused.

Rage: Don’t flatter yourself, lady.

Maggie: I never said I was a lady, ya big ape!  And, for your information, I happen to know your bosses.  It’s one of the reasons I’m able to be here today, actually.

Rage: Oh this just keeps getting better and better.  This chick is delusional…she’s just plain crazy.

Maggie looks at Rage and shakes her head as she clutches her pink flamingo.  Rage looks at the flamingo, then back to Maggie.

Maggie: That’s what Mark says all the time, but I’m the sanest person you’ll ever meet.

Maggie looks into the camera with an innocent smile.

Maggie: Seriously…I do know them!

A line of fans has now formed behind Maggie as they wait for their turn to meet The Sin of Wrath.  Some of them appear to be very impatient, but they remain quiet for the moment.

Maggie: I’m serious!  I went out drinking with Mark a few years back, and I made Chrissy here because Christian gave me the idea.

Rage raises an eyebrow, as he stares at the pink flamingo, honestly trying not to laugh.

Rage: Chrissy?

Maggie nods and sets Chrissy the Pink Flamingo back down on the table.

Maggie: Yep!  Christian was known as the pink flamingo after all.  And I wanted a girl name, so I thought of Chrissy.  He doesn’t know it yet, but I plan to get a picture of him holding Chrissy.

Rage: Good luck with that.  I find it hard to believe that you went drinking with Mark Ward.

The fans behind Maggie start to clear their throats, and some even tell her to hurry up, but she just looks at them, and sticks her tongue out.

Maggie: Oh yeah it was a lot of fun.  To this day he swears I matched him in shots, but I swear on my life, if I had drank as much as he did, I wouldn’t be standing here today.  But those cookie shots were pretty tasty.  Haven’t been able to find anyone who can make them as good as those ones, but I will eventually.  

Someone behind Maggie taps her on the shoulder.  She spins around to face them, keeping a polite smile on her face.

Maggie: Yes?  Can I help you?

Woman: Has anyone ever told you that you talk too much?  Hurry up!

Maggie: I say that about myself all the time, thank you for noticing.  If you got a problem you can just kiss my ass.

The woman is taken aback, and steps away from her.  Maggie turns around to face Rage again.

Maggie: Anyway, what were we talking about?  Oh, right, before I was so rudely interrupted, I was going to tell you that I know you’re going to kick Nick Jones ass on Sunday.  I’ve got money riding on this match.

Rage: Oh yeah?  Well, when I beat Nick, you better fork over half of your winnings then.

Maggie: Screw that!  That’s my money, but I will give you a high five.

Shane continues to laugh sitting next to Rage, but Rage shoots him a glare from the corner of his eye.

Rage: You’ll have an awful long way to jump, but I’ll let you try.

Rage then picks up the sharpie, and signs one of his pictures and then slides it to her.

Rage: Look, I think I see Christian Underwood over there.  Go annoy him.

Maggie takes the picture and tucks it under her arm with a smile.

Maggie: I live to annoy people!  Hey, before I go I have a question.

Rage just looks at her with a sigh.

Maggie: Can I rub your head?

Shane suddenly burst out laughing, but Rage isn’t as amused.

Shane: I think she’s offering to ‘Get Rage Laid’, bud!

Maggie looks at Shane, wide-eyed and shaking her head furiously.

Maggie: What?!  No!  I didn’t mean it like that!  

Shane: Sure ya didn’t.

Maggie: Dammit!  I swear I didn’t!

Shane can’t stop laughing as Maggie tries to defend herself.  Rage sits there, shaking his head, when suddenly, Maggie reaches across the table and rubs his head…His bald head, people!  Not...well, you get the picture!  Rage looks at her, shocked.

Maggie: I couldn’t resist!  BYE!

Rage is about to stand up, but Maggie is too quick and runs off toward Christian Underwood’s table waving Chrissy in the air.  Shane looks at Rage, patting his back.

Shane: Looks like Jason was right after all.

Rage: At least tonight he was…that chick was just annoying!

Rage grabs a hold of another picture, placing it in front of him as the next person in line approaches the table eager for his autograph, and the scene fades to black.

Sunday April 29th
The Royal Albert hall

The camera opens up inside the Royal Albert Hall, showing the six sided ring all set up, and the empty seats just waiting to be filled with SCW’s British fans.  Rage stands in the center of the ring, looking around him.

“In just a few hours, everything changes.  My life is about to change.  Nick Jones’ life is about to change.  And Sin City Wrestling is about to change…and for the better.”

Rage then looks into the camera.

“For months I’ve had to sit back and watch as Nick Jones was placed on a pedestal here in SCW.  He made his return to the ring, and right off the bat he won the number one contendership to the Heavyweight title.  He acted as though he had already won the title, but it didn’t take long until he got his shot, when a certain nameless douchebag walked away from the company…from the fans, and more importantly, from the Heavyweight title.  Nick Jones had everything handed to him from the moment he walked through the doors of SCW.”

“I returned not long after Nick, but did I walk around claiming I was better than everyone and claim the Heavyweight title was mine?  No.  I did what everyone else did.  I worked my ass off, and showed everyone just who was, and still is, the best.  I don’t have to tell people what they already know.”

Rage turns his attention to the table that Jason Adams and Belinda Simone will be seated at in just a few hours.

“I’ve watched recaps of every single show.  I know what our quirky little announce team has to say every time they are watching one of my matches.  They see what everyone else sees.  They see a brutal monster who will stop at nothing to walk away with the win.  They see The Sin of Wrath step into the ring and dominate every single opponent that stands in his way.”

“You know what they see when they watch you, Nick Jones?  They see a loud-mouthed arrogant little bitch, who after tonight, will have nothing left but memories.  You’ll only have the memories of the SCW Heavyweight Championship.  How does that make you feel Nick?”

A sadistic smile appears on his Rage’s face as he turns back to the camera.

“How does it make you feel that your time as Heavyweight Champion is coming to an end?  You have just a few hours left with that precious title before it’s mine.  Are you holding on to it tight?  I bet you are.  I bet you’re sitting somewhere, holding it, looking at it trying to think of a way to keep it.  But you can’t, Nick.  Nothing you do can stop what is about to happen tonight.”

“I know you’re afraid to admit it, but I know you’re terrified.  I see it in your eyes.  You’re trying to hide behind your words and your insults aimed at me, but you don’t realize that they have no affect on me at all.  You know, without a shadow of a doubt, that I am your worst nightmare.  I am your worst nightmare, because I am the guy who is going to beat you.  I am the guy who is going to finally put a loss on your undefeated streak, and you hate that thought.”

“Don’t deny it, Nick.  Search deep down in the very depths of your soul and just admit that you can’t beat me.  Admit it to yourself, and to everyone in your entourage.  I want you to tell your pretty little girlfriend that you’re going to lose, because that’s what’s going to happen.  Once I’m through with you, Nick, she won’t even recognize you.  All you will have left of her will be the memories.”

“Then, I want you to tell that pussy ass accountant of yours that you just won’t be bringing in the money anymore.  That you’ll be a pathetic has been, who no one will want to see, because they won’t be paying to see you anymore, Nick.  No, they’ll be paying to see me.”

Rage leans against the ropes, as the camera zooms in closer.  The fire and determination are more prominent than ever.

“We’ve never met face to face in the ring, Nick, but tonight, that all changes.  Two forces collide for the very first time.  Two men, who both have an undefeated record.  A real main event will be given to SCW and its fans.  And a new Heavyweight champion will be crowned.”

“You know how that makes me feel, Nick?  That puts a smile on my face.  A genuine, calm and relaxed smile, because I know that after tonight, when you look at me, you’ll hate me.  You’ll see the reason you lost your precious title.  You’ll have to sit back and watch as I walk around with the Heavyweight Title draped over my shoulder, defending it successfully time after time.”

Rage looks directly into the camera, and for a moment, it’s almost as if the reflection of a fire burning can be seen.

“Does that make you angry, Nick?  Does it make you want do everything you can to stop me?  I hope so, because, tonight, everyone will see that no matter what you do…no matter how hard you try..It just won’t be enough.  Shine that belt up real nice for me, Nick.  Tonight, it’s coming home to me.”

“See you soon, Nicky boy.”