Author Topic: From the heart...straight talking  (Read 319 times)

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe
From the heart...straight talking
« on: June 02, 2017, 11:57:59 PM »
 A bare room can be seen with nothing but a small bar stool and an old fashioned microphone stand.  The walls of the room look barren with the outlines of past picture frames making bright contrast to the faded wall paper.  High dirty windows allow bits of sunlight into the room where dust motes can be seen sparkling on the beams of light.

Into the bare room, the click of a pair of high heels can be heard to echo hollowly of those same walls.  The cadence of the footsteps sounds unsure as if the owner is unsure of whether or not they are in the right place.  Coming further into the room, SCW Interviewer Pussy Willow can be seen taking in the décor, a look of confusion and uncertainty on her face.  She turns to the man behind her who is holding a camera and sharing her same look of uncertainty.  

“Are you sure we are in the right place?” wonders Pussy as she takes in the room once more then reaches into the handbag over her left wrist and pulls out a cell phone.  She thumbs the screen and begins to tap on it as the cameraman shoulders the camera and begins to film the room.  He slowly pans around it while Pussy can be heard to type into the phone.  She looks up finally with a smile of triumph as she moves towards the cameraman and waggles the smartphone in the lens of the camera.  The cameraman is forced a few steps backwards to bring the phone back into focus before it moves to Pussy’s face.

“We are in the right place,” she crows before scanning a look around the room.  â€œBut where is…”

The sound of boot heels are heard from behind Pussy as the camera moves to film over her shoulder.  Walking into view, Sam Marlowe has a smile on her face as she moves towards the pair.  Sam is dressed casually in a pair of dark denim with a black and white shirt that has a sequined butterfly on it that winks into the camera’s lens with each movement of the redhead.  Her normally naturally wavy hair hangs in a shimmery ruby curtain that is held back with a wide white band.

“I am so glad you made it Pussy, I figured you might not find the place too easily,” offers Sam as she lowers the bag she had carried in to the floor and straightens to give the cameraman a smile and a wave.

“Wild horses wouldn’t keep me away when I heard you wanted to talk,” answers Pussy with a smirk.  â€œGiven the fact that you have a big return match to Climax Control against the new Roulette champion Chelsea Payne I knew you had something to say.  So, if we are doing this interview, where am I supposed to sit?”

Sam shakes her head slowly as she motions towards the stool.  â€œY’all can sit right down there Pussy but this ain’t an interview.  I am planning to talk but I needed someone here for moral support and right now, the only thing I need you to do is nod and smile,” says Sam, her nose crinkling slightly with guilt at tricking her friend to this place.  

Pussy looks at the cameraman then back to her redheaded friend, her brows pulling together in surprise at what Sam just said.  â€œYou want me here for moral support?  You don’t want to do an interview?” questions Pussy.  â€œI mean all right but before we do whatever…” she waves her fingers around the bare room as she speaks.  â€œWhat is this place?  You got me all curious.”

Sam looks around the bare room and then back at her friend.  â€œIt’s going to be an investment.  Daddy says that you need to work at something and this is going to be my investment.  Jamie has his Oasis…this is going to be my Escape.”

The cameraman continues to film the pair as they talk.  Pussy crosses her arms over her chest as she regards Sam who has surprised her once again.  â€œEscape?” echos Pussy.  â€œWhat do you mean Escape?”

Sam moves closer to Pussy and puts a friendly arm over the shoulders of Pussy as she begins to guide her towards the stool and then picks it up to lead her towards one of the walls.  â€œThis is going to be a place for people to come and escape for a while.  I have it all planned to open this great dramatic arts studio for everyone.  This room is going to be my recording studio, radio room.  I want people to have a place where they can go to get away from all the bad out there.  Not just kids but parents, seniors…anyone that needs to get away,” says Sam as she sets down the stool and motions Pussy to sit.

As Sam walks back towards the microphone stand, she turns to spy Pussy gazing at her, one finger resting against her lips as she considers the redhead.  â€œI knew you were a goodie two shoes but doesn’t this go above and beyond?  Next people will be saying that you are trying for sainthood or something.  Is this your friend Ben rubbing off on you?”

Sam’s head drops onto her chest as she chuckles slightly.  â€œJust because I want to help the community doesn’t mean that sainthood can’t happen,” jokes Sam as she shakes her head.  â€œReally though, I love helping people and this is an investment for me in a possible future.  I have always been into Shakespeare and acting and drama so when I saw this building, I knew that I had the nudge I needed to branch out.  So I talked to Daddy and we made a bid on this place and I got it.  Now I just have to work at getting it ready.”

Pussy looks around the room as Sam positions herself behind the microphone and the cameraman continues to film Marlowe.  â€œSo then why am I here?  You really don’t need moral support, if you had wanted the cameraman, I would have gladly sent him on his way here and I would be relaxing right now,” comments Pussy.  

Sam flushes guiltily as she puts one hand on the microphone resting in the stand.  â€œActually Pussy, I do need you for moral support because I am about to do something that I haven’t really done before,” says Sam as her fingers curl more around the microphone.  â€œToday isn’t going to be all about sunshine and golly gee, good luck promotion of my match,” adds Sam as she swallows and takes a deep breath.  â€œI am going unplugged and I need someone to be there if I go off the rails.”

Pussy can see how nervous Sam is as the redheads fingers lightly claw at the microphone then release it before curling around it again.  â€œAre you going to be all right Sam?  You know you could stick with what you know and keep it light like you always do,” offers Pussy only to watch as Sam shakes her head.

“I wish I could Pussy, really I do but I have things that need to be said and it is better I do it this way,” begins Sam as she looks to the cameraman who gives her a thumbs up as he continues to film her.  Sam offers her friend one final smile before taking a slow breath and beginning to speak…

~Sam Marlowe…Unplugged ~

Hey y’all, it is me, SCW bombshell, Samantha Marlowe and I decided that I wanted to talk straight to the folks in SCW and all our fans.  This might not be my usual “promo” but I can’t help it.  I am getting to the point where usual ain’t so usual after all.

Now firstly I want to say that I love SCW.  I love it like I love my grandma’s homemade cookies.  And there isn’t anything I won’t do for this company.  Heck I even proved it when Christian Underwood basically made me a jill of all trades.  And I will always give my all for Sin City Wrestling.  

But lately, there has been some rather, how shall we put it…troubling things that have been happening in SCW and I don’t think I can stay silent any longer and I really need to get this off my chest.  Mainly it concerns the fact that wrestlers and bombshells need to moan and whine on social media about wanting this and wanting that, basically trying to get themselves into title pictures.  Now if you ask me I would say that maybe what they should be doing is proving they deserve it rather than demanding shots.  Guess that will be making me look like a fool because I ain’t going to do that.  I don’t have the time nor the inclination to even lower myself to something like that.  

Oh and don’t get me started on the bragging and hypocrisy that is also on social media.  I am about this close to shutting down my twitter because my phone keeps exploding with the nonsense that is happening day in day out.  Hell, if I wanted to live my life as a soap opera I couldn’t have done it better.  
Speaking of living a soap opera, don’t get me started on the romance and other BS happening either.  

But that isn’t what I am here to talk about right now, no, I am here to discuss my match.  Facing Chelsea Payne and having to deal with the put downs that I am sure she has been making when it comes to facing me and having to deal with a ‘loser’.  I get it Chelsea, put me in my place like everyone else does.  That isn’t original at all.  Hell, I could be a crowd of one and still be invisible to people which is basically how I have flown under the radar of everyone’s contempt for me as a competitor which suits me fine because all that it does is show me where I stand with people and how much I am worth to those people who can’t be bothered.

With that statement, you can better believe that there are people saying that if that is the case, why don’t you just leave, quit or disappear and trust me, I have heard it all but I will tell you why I don’t.  It is for the fans that I go to the ring and step inside the six sided ring and wrestle to the best of my ability.  Do I care if I win or lose?  Sure, winning is nice and all but I would rather wrestle a match that I can be proud of for those fans than only put out the effort because I had to when all I would rather be doing is being the center of attention for all the wrong reasons.  

So this week Chelsea when you come to the ring, I want you to remember one thing.  I am not there to win or lose this week on Climax Control. I am there to give my all for the fans.  And if that means that I have to beat your rear all over the venue in West Wendover then that is precisely what I am going to do.  You might be the Bombshell Roulette champion and you might think highly of yourself and how much you are going to beat me but Chelsea…

There is nothing you are going to be able to do when facing me in that ring because I am that competitor that people don’t want to face.  I am that competitor that has nothing to lose.  How are you going to counter that hmm?  As much as you put me down, it will be like water off a duck’s back because I don’t care what you say or do, I am all fired up and looking for a fight.

Pussy begins to applaud as Sam’s eyes regain their focus on the pair of people in the room with her.  A smile begins to break over Sam’s face as Pussy rushes over and claps her on the shoulder.

“You laid it all on the line girl, you sure you want people to see that?” demands Pussy in a no nonsense voice.  â€œYou let a lot out in your comments.”

Sam looks rueful as she runs a hand through her hair.  â€œSometimes I think I haven’t said enough at times.  But maybe that is going to change,” replies Sam as she shrugs.  â€œWhatever happens, I ain’t going to care anymore.  I am wrestling for the fans and that is it.  If that means I have to be invisible so be it.”

With that said, Sam turns and heads out of the room leaving Pussy and the cameraman to watch her leave.