Author Topic: Emotions...  (Read 488 times)

Offline Candy

• View Profile
    • Candy
Emotions...
« on: March 27, 2020, 11:53:34 PM »
 SCENE ONE: Quarantined???

Where: The home of her and Marcus Cage, in Las Vegas, NV
When: Monday, March 23rd - mid afternoon

*The scene faded up inside the home of Candy and Marcus Cage. They were sitting at the table in the dining room, eating lunch. Marcus took a bite of his sandwich and smiled.*

Marcus: Delicious, as always.

Candy: Thank you! The secret is that I use TWO pieces of cheese, one on each side of the ham. It makes it all melty on both sides! That’s the secret to a perfect grilled ham and cheese sandwich!

Marcus: Well, you make the best grilled ham and cheese I have ever had.

*She smiled at him*

Candy: If I gotta be stuck at home with anyone… I’m glad it’s you.

Marcus: Me too.

Candy: Does this mean that I can’t ever go anywhere ever again?

Marcus: No, we just need to stay home as much as we can to protect ourselves, and others. We only can leave for important stuff.

Candy: Like my match?

Marcus: Yeah, but we can’t really interact with too many people.

Candy: That’s kind of stinky.

Marcus: But… you can wear a face mask if you want… and you can decorate it ANY way you want.

Candy: With sparkles?

Marcus: Sparkles and glitter… till your heart is content!

Candy: I KNOW WHAT IM DOING AFTER LUNCH!!!

*She got really excited at the thought of playing with her glitter and sparkles. She took a few bites and quickly swallowed them.*

Marcus: Don’t rush, or you’ll get a tummy ache.

*She nodded, her mouth full of her sandwich. He chuckled a little and took another bite.*

Marcus: Ya know, I’m glad that with this whole quarantine thing, we at least get to be stuck at home. It’s just lucky that SCW picked a location in Las Vegas. I mean, what are the odds in that?

Candy: We are super lucky! Some people gotta get stuck in hotels for this and that’s just not as fun.

Marcus: No, it’s not.

*He took another bite of his sandwich*

Marcus: Ya know, I’m really proud of you.

Candy: For what?

Marcus: Everything you have been doing since you started in SCW. When you told me in September you wanted to get back in the ring, and then that SCW made you an offer in October… I never would have guessed how quickly you would have risen through the ranks. SCW is a big company, with a lot of good talent that demand attention. And what did you do? You came in and you won the hearts of everyone… well… ALMOST everyone in the back. You made every single member of management take notice of you instantly. And within 2 months… TWO MONTHS… you had earned yourself a title shot!

Candy: That I lost…

Marcus: And what did that loss do? It made them take even more notice! It made them see your match and go “WOW… that was AMAZING! LETS SEE IT AGAIN!!!”. And then, when you got your rematch, you won. You did what many others only wished they could have done. And you did it with honor, and you did it RIGHT. Sitting here, and looking at how hard you have pushed yourself these last 6 months. And you are in the Semi-Finals of the Blast From the Past tournament… you are the top 4 teams of 16! That is AMAZING. I haven’t seen a rookie year this impressive since… well… my own.

*He smirked that semi-arrogant, goofy grin that Candy adored.*

Marcus: But I mean it. You have made it so far with a partner you don’t know very well… and every single time you go to that ring… you make everyone take notice of you. You always have. You are a hard worker… and just because we are stuck here doesn’t mean that trend has to stop.

*She looked confused.*

Candy: What do you mean?

Marcus: Come with me.

*He grabs her by the hand and takes her down the hall. They go outside in the beautiful weather and he points to their second garage.*

Marcus: Over the last few months I have been working on a project out here. Ya know, just in case I get the bug to dust off the ole wrestling boots and get back in the ring myself. But, when this all happened… I can’t imagine a better use for it.

*He pushed a button on his keychain, and the garage door raised up, revealing a full sized wrestling ring taking up a majority of the garage. She squealed in delight and hugged him.*

Candy: SO WE CAN PRACTICE STILL!!!

Marcus: Exactly. This match you got coming up is no joke, Kate Steele is a champion and I’ve done my research on her… she’s good. She’s a champion too… so you need to be on your toes! So… you and me… in that ring.

*Candy had already slid into the ring and was getting excited. Marcus followed suit.*

Marcus: And i’ll be your sparring partner. I promise I won’t hurt ya.

Candy: I can’t promise I won’t hurt you!

*He chuckled a little*

Marcus: Oh yeah?

*She nodded and then BAM!!! Kicked him SQUARE in the shin!! He yelled out in pain and grabbed his shin. She jumped up and down*

Candy: I WIN!!!

*Marcus continued to hold his shin, but couldn’t help but let out a laugh. As the two were goofing around, her phone goes off to the OBVIOUS ringtone of “Pour Some Sugar On Me” by Def Leppard. She took it out of her back pocket and answered it.*

Candy: Hello? Yes, this is she. Uh huh…

*Her demeanor suddenly changed. She stopped jumping up and down, and stood still for probably the first time ever in her life. The expression on her face goes from a smile to a look of fear.*

Candy: Yes… is she… we will be right there… ok… by…

*She hung up the phone and looked blankly towards Marcus as she put the phone in her pocket. He got to his feet, hobbling slightly. He looked extremely concerned.*

Marcus: Candy? Is everything alright?

Candy: Kat…

Marcus: What about your sister?

Candy: She uh… I guess she was on her way here because I invited her to stay with us during this thing… she got into a car accident and was rushed to the hospital.

Marcus: Oh my god. Is she ok?

Candy: I… don’t know…

*Tears welled up in her eyes. She dropped to her knees in the middle of the ring and began sobbing. Marcus held her close as the scene faded to black.*

Scene Two: My Sister’s Keeper

Where: The ICU of the local hospital
When: About an hour after the last scene

*The cameras catch up to show Candy sitting in a chair in a hospital room. In the bed next to her lay her sister, Kat. Kat was hooked up to all sorts of machines, and she appeared to be unconscious. Candy was holding her hand in her own, as tears streamed down her face. The doctor came into the room with her sister’s chart in hand.*

Candy: So what happened?

Doctor: According to her scans, it appears that she had a seizure while behind the wheel and that caused her to swerve, hit an embankment, and flip.

Candy: What does that MEAN??? Is she going to be ok?

Doctor: At this point, it’s too soon to tell. Does she have a history of seizures?

Candy: Not that I know of

Doctor: I am awaiting a few test results, but at this point it is too early to tell. She is in critical condition, and tonight is going to be crucial.

Candy: I don’t even know what half of those words mean!!!

*The tears began to stream down her face, as she began to quietly sob, but not letting go of her sister's hand.*

Candy: Can you explain it to me like you would explain it to a kid? I’m not very smart and I don’t understand big words… but I need to understand this. Please.

Doctor: Basically we aren’t sure what happened, but something caused her brain to… well… freak out… I guess you could say. And this caused her to swerve her car and flip it. At this point, she is in bad shape, we have her in a medically induced coma. That means we gave her medicine to make her sleep so her brain and body can heal. We are waiting for some test results to come back so that we can see exactly how good or bad she is doing, and then we will know more.

Candy: So… it’s bad?

Doctor: At this point, yes it could be very bad. She got lucky, she didn’t break any bones, and there is no internal bleeding. But we don’t know if her brain is bleeding inside her head. Does that make sense?

Candy: A little bit. So what can I do to help her?

Doctor: At this point, there is nothing anyone can do but continue to monitor her. She has you down as her emergency contact, so you are able to stay here with her overnight.

Candy: And my husband, Marcus?

Doctor: Normally, we only allow 1 visitor on overnight. Especially with this Coronavirus thing going on, we can’t take a chance.

*It was then that Marcus, who had been standing in the doorway for part of the conversation, finally spoke up.*

Marcus: Can I talk to you in the hallway, Doc?

Doctor: Of course. Candy, all I can tell you at this point is to talk to her. She is still in there, and she CAN hear you. Talk about anything and everything. She will know, trust me.

*Candy nodded as the doctor and Marcus walked out in the hallway.*

Marcus: Look, I caught the gist of what is going on. Candy is not mentally prepared to handle something of this nature on her own. Do you REALLY think she is going to be ok in there, all night, alone with her sister in a coma?

Doctor: It’s just for precautions…

Marcus: Look. It’s a private room. I’m already here. Candy already feels guilty because Kat was on her way to our place when this happened. Don’t make my wife handle this on her own.

*The doctor let out a sigh*

Doctor: Fine. But any disruption or suspicion of anything at all and it’s over, got it?

Marcus: Got it. And from now on, please come to me first and let me explain it to Candy. She tends to understand better when I explain it to her. It will make your job easier, I assure you.

Doctor: Agreed. Now, if you’ll excuse me.

*The doctor walked off down the hall, Marcus walked back into the room. He stood quietly at the doorway, as Candy had not noticed him come into the room. She was talking to her sister.*

Candy: I hope you wake up, and soon. I have a big big biiiiiiig match this weekend and I wanted you to be there to see me win! I’m in that tournament, you know, the Blast From the Past. I know it’s not gonna have a crowd but I wanted you to see me and James move into the semi finals! Team Hugs N Cuddles! NOT Team Death Hugs! NO! That’s not a nice name. That’s a yucky one. Hugs N Cuddles is so much better! And I get to go against Kate Steele. She is REALLY good and I have been wanting to have a match with her for a really really long time. I’m so excited! And I don’t know anything about her partner, some SCU guy named Java??? I wonder why they named him after coffee? I don’t even get it. But it’s going to be a really really really good match! I hope you wake up to see it… I need you to wake up, Kat.

*The tears began to stream down her face. Marcus walked over to her and put his arm around her.*

Marcus: I believe she is going to wake up, and she is going to get to see that match of yours. And you know what you can do?

*Candy sniffled.*

Candy: What’s that?

Marcus: You can dedicate your win and move to the finals to her. She’d like that.

*Candy’s face lit up a little bit.*

Candy: I would like that too. Will you sit with her for a minute? I have to go to the bathroom.

Marcus: Of course.

*He kissed the top of her head. She stood up and he sat down. Candy walked down the hall and got into the women’s restroom. It was at that time she started to cry harder than before. She leaned against the wall and slid down it, tears flowing heavily. She cried loudly, but tried to contain the sobs as she hugged her knees to her chest.*

Candy: You have to wake up… you have to. I can’t do this without you.

*It was then that her phone began to buzz. She took it out of her pocket and clicked accept. A video chat with her backstage buddy, Keira Johnson, had opened.*

Keira: Hey Candy, just wanted to check in on you with this quarantine and all…

*Keira noticed Candy’s tears and became concerned.*

Keira: What’s wrong? Are you ok?

Candy: I’m ok… but my sister may not be.

Keira: Oh, sweetheart, what happened?

Candy: She was in a car accident on her way to our place. They said she had a size...sev… I can’t say it. I don’t know, I’m so confused.

Keira: Is she ok?

Candy: She’s asleep form medicine right now. The doctor told me to talk to her but… all I could think of to talk about was my match coming up. But it hardly seems right to talk about, or even think about, my match right now.

*Candy sniffled. Keira tilted her head a little, and spoke in a gentle tone.*

Keira: Oh, honey, I wish I was there to give you a hug, but this whole social distancing thing is crazy. If there’s anything I can do, all you have to do is let me know, ok.

*Candy nodded.*

Keira: And it’s ok to talk about your match. It’s huge, going as far in the tournament as you have. I’m sure your sister is so proud of you. She is probably looking forward to waking up and watching you win!

Candy: Yeah, you are right.

Keira: I’m looking forward to it as well. I’m rooting for ya.

Candy: Thanks. I better go, my sister and Marcus are waiting for me.

Keira: Ok, you take care of things. Keep us up to date, ok?

Candy: I will. I promise.

Keira: Ok, bye!

*The video chat ended and Candy put her phone away. She wiped away the tears and got to her feet as the scene faded to black.*

ooc: I had permission from Keira to include her in this rp \'smile.gif\' Thanks!!!
user posted image