Author Topic: The Arrogance of Excellence  (Read 258 times)

Offline Joshua Acquin

• View Profile
    • Joshua Acquin
The Arrogance of Excellence
« on: May 29, 2015, 12:00:24 PM »
 Joshua is laying on the floor with the trainers tending to him putting the smelling salt under his nose.  He comes to gripping for his newly won championship.  Joshua looks over at his partner laying on the ground.

"What the fuck happen?"

The trainers have a towel on Joshua's head where he was split open.  They walk him over to a chair and start to patch him up.

"Joshua do you know where you are?"

"Yes I am in a lot of pain from two other's I think one was Andrew Watts and he was saying something about the danger zone."

They finish patching him up and Joshua checks on his partner.  Just then they get word of the net stops card and Joshua is facing half of the team they just beat.  Joshua and Steven trade cocky looks and laugh about the card.

===

Joshua is seen in Egypt at his hotel where he has set up for the stay in Alexandria for the weekend.  He has his championship belt on the table as the trainers are checking on the cut they stitched up at the last Climax Control.  They see everything is healing fine and let him know they are giving him the green light for him to fight this weekend's show.  After the training staff leave Joshua gets onto his computer and opens up Skype and signs into his account.  Joshua sees it is 8 AM in Egypt.  Joshua places a video chat with his wife Tiffiny.  She answers it and since it is 11 PM in Las Vegas is in her nightwear.  As soon as they see each other they smile.

"Hey sweetheart sorry to wake you.  Just wanted to say hi and see if you liked your birthday present."

Tiffiny still smiling shows Joshua the necklace that she got from Joshua.

"I love it Joshua.  Thank you."

"Well John always was a good jeweler that I can trust."

Joshua scratches his head and griminess in pain as he goes over the stitched up area.

"Are you ok Joshua?"

"Yea just a little sore from this Sunday.  Got a cut on my head and just a little tender still."

Joshua grabs his championship belt and holds it so Tiffiny can see it.

"That is so great babe.  You have worked so hard to get that.  So did it happen during the match or after?"

Joshua sets down the championship.

"It happened after when we were celebrating the win.  I thought you were watching while I was out."

"I would have Joshua but I was out with my friends enjoying my birthday.  I would have rather had you home."

Joshua nods his head.

"I would have loved to be home for your birthday.  Soon I will be able to fly you out with me once Junior completes school for the year."

"Josh it is nice hearing from you but I want you home."

Joshua laughs a little.

"You know I would love to but I am enjoying this championship.  I will try to get home before the next big show.  By then Junior should be done with school and to have you guys on the road will be nice."

"I know but it is still hard not having you here.  Anyway I am going to bed so I will talk to you later this week.  Love you."

"Love you too Tiff.  Have a good night."

Joshua shuts his laptop and picks up his phone to call someone.

"Hey Amy you must be asleep or something.  I was calling to see if you wanted to do anything.  Call me back."

Joshua hangs up his cell phone and grabs his wallet as he heads out the door.

====

Joshua is seen outside the arena walking inside carrying his bags into the back entrance as a  young fan stops him and asks him for his autograph.

"So are you going to the show?"

"No sir my family can't afford tickets."

Joshua shakes his head.

"How many people are in your family?"

"There are six people."

"Where are they at?"

"They are at home.  I walked all the way here from my house."

"Well I can't have you walk home let me get you a cab."

Joshua hails a cab and tells him to take the child home and gives him some Egyptian Pounds and hands the child about eight hundred Egyptian Pounds.

"This is for you and your family I hope to see you at the show."

The cab drives off as the child thanks him.

====

Nightmare plays over the PA as Joshua wearing jeans and a SCW's Nightmare t-shirt comes out with the SCW World tag team Championship belt over his shoulder.  Fans are split over booing for him and cheering him.  As Joshua walks down to the ring he sees the child from earlier with his family and goes over to them and takes a rare picture with the family as they thank him.  After he is done with that he continues down around the ring to the announcers table to pick up a microphone and climbs the stairs and wipes his boots on the outside of the ring and enters the ring.  He goes up to the turnbuckle and climbs it and points to the title on his shoulder.  He goes to the other turnbuckles and does the same.  After which he goes to the middle and brings the microphone to his mouth.

"Man have I missed this championship. I lost it 364 days and then I regained it.  I told you all that I would.  Now there are tag teams coming out of the wood work to try and claim these belts.  I am here to tell you they can try but they all will fall to The Arrogance of Excellence.  Danger Zone, R.O.A.R., and whoever else would like to try will fall to us.  We have the gold we are the champions.  We will decide when and who to lose them to.  This whole tag team division was hurting for me to come back and save it from itself.  I mean it seemed like this title has changed hands more than it should.  This week I get to go up one on one with Dark Tiger.  I am giving this giant a foot in height difference.  People are worried that I am going to loose to him.  No, no, no.  I pinned him last week in this ring and I will ensure that the same thing happens this week.  I have worked too damn hard to fall to the man that I beat to win this title last week.  You know what they say about the bigger guys right?  The easier it is to beat them.  Of course our partners will be there in our corners and I have a feeling that my corner is a little bit stronger then his."

Joshua paces in the ring and rubs his head where the stitches were.

"Now as far as this Danger Zone team.  Good job you got us when we had our backs turned.  You just proved to us that you are too scared to face us and do it to our face, well try to at least.  After this match I have this week maybe I should come down and watch your match against Raab and show you this title close up and off the side of your head."

Joshua stops and thinks about something.

"Now people know I am friends with Amy Marshall and they call me and text me about what is going on with her.  You know something I am her friend and I may or may not know what is going on in her head.  If you really want to know ask her.  I did and I got what I wanted from her.  Think about this her close friend is hold a title and day in and day out it seems like it is rubbed in your face.  That is enough to get the blood boiling and as she said it isn't personal it's business.  Do I think she will hold the Bombshell Internet Championship?  Yea she will.  But if you want more put on your big boy pants and ask her yourself.  What's the worse that could happen, punched in the face?  Enough about that.  This week I will beat Dark Tiger and send R.O.A.R. away to the end of the line.  Why do I say that because I am one half of The Arrogance of Excellence and we will win"

Joshua drops the microphne and hold up his title as Nightmare plays through the arena.