Author Topic: Time for gold  (Read 274 times)

Offline Joshua Acquin

• View Profile
    • Joshua Acquin
Time for gold
« on: May 22, 2015, 10:04:22 PM »
 Joshua is seen in his locker room after his ladder match that he was so close to winning.  A trainer is in the room with him checking him after the match.

"Joshua you need to take it easier on your body out there.  You're not a young pup anymore."
Joshua looks at the trainer and shakes his head.

"I know that but you know I throw everything to the wind when the fans start chanting.  It fills you up with things I can't even explain.  I was right there climbing that ladder to the promised land.  I will try to calm it down."

With that the trainer pats Joshua on the shoulder as he leaves.

"I am going to tell the management to rest you for a week.  Enjoy some time off with your wife and son."

"Thanks."

Just then Joshua looks at the screen to see Amy's match get called by Drew for her safety.  Joshua shakes his head and runs out the door to the ring with the trainer in tow.  When he gets there he sees Amy on a back board on a stretcher.  Joshua goes by Amy's side and reassures her that she did her best she could and that she will get another match for the title.

====

Joshua is seen later in the week getting off his private jet at the San Jose International Airport in tow are his wife and son along with his brother and sister.  Joshua is wearing a black suit and gold tie with a white shirt on.  Joshua heads to the waiting limo that takes them to SAP Center.  Joshua and his party enter into the back entrance and they go up to the suite that is set up for the visiting owner.  As he passes fans of the Outlaws and SaberCats alike they stop and want to get pictures and get him to sign anything for them.  One little boy, a SaberCat fan, taunts Joshua telling him that the Outlaws will loose.  Joshua walks up to the boy just as the boys parents get there.

"We are sorry about our little Jimmy, he is a die-hard fan."
Joshua nods his head and gets down on one knee and looks the boy eye to eye.

"How about we put a little wager on this game then.  If your SaberCats win I will pay for you and your family to fly out to Las Vegas next month to see the game from my personal seats in the Thomas and Mack Center.  They are front row mid field.  But when my Outlaws win tonight you will have to take off that T-Shirt for the SaberCats and wear one for the Outlaws."

The boy thinks about it as the parents chuckle at what they assume is a joke.  After a few moments the boys eyes light up and he agrees to the bet. Joshua gets the information from the parents where they are sitting and then shakes their hands and walks up to his seats.

As the game ends in a loss for the Outlaws Joshua makes his way down to the seats where the boy and his family was sitting at.  Joshua sits at the end of the row in an empty seat.  The parents are shocked that Joshua came down.  Even with the fans roaring during the closing minutes of the game it can been seen that Joshua handed them a card and again shakes his hand and walks back to his seats.

====

The next day Joshua is doing a radio show for the Outlaws on the ESPN affiliate for Las Vegas.

"Welcome listeners to the Mitch and Pritch show there on ESPN Radio 100.9 FM, 1100 on the AM dial.  We have a guest with us, he maybe one of the biggest ones we have had on our show.  I am speaking of the Outlaws owner, Joshua Acquin.  Welcome to the show Joshua."

"Thanks for having me, but you forgot one small detail I am also the owner for the soon to be AHL Las Vegas Wranglers."

"Oh I didn't forget that Joshua it seems that the Wranglers in there last season in the ECHL have tanked.  Want to comment on that before we get on about the Outlaws?"

"Sure I will let you know that the Wranglers this season have the highest attendance in the ECHL.  So for you to assume that since we are hitting a hard spot this our last season in the ECHL, and in the Orleans Arena, that we will have no turn out is sadly mistaken.  Las Vegas is not a city that have a lot of fair weather fans, such as you are."

"I never..."

"You know what I  can read you better than you can think.  I am not in the mood for you to put a spin on this to make the Wranglers look bad.  You know damn well we came to your radio station to let you put it on the radio waves and your station said no and now your competition is beating you because they did and your made so you try to spin it that way."

"Well Mr. Acquin let's continue on.  Your Las Vegas Outlaws lost last night.  You were seen with the family of fan for the SaberCats.  Care to explain?"

"Is that why you have me on?  Not for the wins we have had as a first year team.  That is what is wrong with you guys you spin it to be bad like I was sleeping with the enemy.  I made a deal with the little boy if you need to know.  I was making good on my part of the deal.  You know what I am out of here I don't need this from you guys."

With that Joshua takes the headset off and walks out of the studio.

===

Joshua is seen later in the week at his wrestling school which is booming after he gave his siblings a month to turn it around.  He had his normal students and new ones that looked like they made the wrong turn and caught the bug.  Joshua is in a crowd of people watching two wrestlers train in the ring.  He is in the back unnoticed by the students.

"Well, well, well.  Ever since this place had a revive you two have been going at it week in and week out.  Just stay right there and I have to get something."

The crowd of people are whispering and wondering what Joshua is going to do.  Meanwhile Joshua goes into the back office area and takes a bag from his desk and walks back out to the ring area.  He throws the bag in the middle of the ring.

"Now as I have said you two have gone at it week in and week out and now if you have to ask what's in the bag you can go out the door and leave my school.  Who's going to ref the match you ask.  Well it will not be me but it is none other than my brother and one of your instructors Austin."

After the match is done and over Joshua is in his office with Austin.  Austin is wiping sweat from his forehead.  Joshua puts his feet on his desk looking at a picture of Austin and himself when they were younger.

"Man those were the days weren't they Austin?"

"Yeah to be young once again."

"You know Austin I have been thinking it maybe time to hang my boots up.  I am not getting any younger."

"Joshua you are crazy if you think that.  Remember what you are doing this for.  You have fans out there and they are starting to cheer louder and louder.  So much so that they drown out the boos.  Maybe it isn't time to hang them up maybe a time to get a change.  Instead of being the one to hate be the one to like."

"Maybe your right.  I still remember when this picture was taken.  It was the night we won the tag belts at that one company that likes to screw over the real workers and put over the ass kissers.  Funny thing next stop on the SCW world tour is going to be myself with someone in a tag team championship match.  Trust me I would rather work with you then someone else."

Joshua pulls out a couple of beers from the mini fridge under the desk and throws one to Austin.

"Here's to the next SCW Tag team Champion."

===

Nightmare hits the PA system in the El Menzah Sports Palace.  There is a mixed reaction from the fans as it seems to be split down the middle as cheering and booing.  From the back Joshua comes out wearing his trademarked SCW's Nightmare t-shirt and white trunks with black designs.  He keeps his distance from the fans as he heads to the announcer table to grab a microphone.  From there he climbs the stairs and wipes his feet before getting into the ring.  As the song fades he brings the microphone to his mouth.

"Good evening Tunisia.  My name if you don't know it is Joshua Acquin and I will tell you this after this stop you are looking at one half of your SCW World Tag Team Champions.  I would lie if I didn't say it has been too damn long since I have held any gold here in SCW.  I lost my SCW Tag Team Championship belt 364 days when I will win it again.  I lost it on 25 May 2013 in Africa so I am going to win it to bring my tag team record to 1-1 in Africa.  This week I will go into this match with someone that has the same focus as I do.  We both want gold and are hungry for it.  I have put my body in singles title matches that are not one on one.  I wouldn't be telling the truth if the thought of hanging up the boots didn't cross my mind this past year.  I mean I got married, found out I had a kid, started an AFL team, hell maybe I should hang it up.  But then my brother the man that few know here looked me in the eyes and talked me out of it.  He said the boos are fading and coming out here tonight I hear it.  Now maybe that's because you enjoy what I do in this ring.  If I was back in Vegas it would be the loudest boos.  Now after I thought of it I got this match and I am going to do it for myself and the fans.  Now this partner of mine has a slightly smaller ego than myself.  This week SCW will have a new World Tag Team Champion.  We will be a force in the tag team and we are drawing attention from other tag teams that will never cut it in my tag team division."

With that Joshua walks out of the ring and to goes to the back while Nightmare plays over the PA.