Author Topic: Croupiers at the Ready  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Frost

• View Profile
    • Lucian Frost
Croupiers at the Ready
« on: January 20, 2012, 05:52:48 PM »
 Sin City Wrestling is going to be crowning a new Heavyweight Champion at the National Wrestling Alliance’s WrestleClassic, Nick Jones and Blade Alexander will battle it out to crown the new marque name for the promotion, one championship to be decided in a showcase of all showcases in front of the NWA spectators but another will be crowned this coming week on Climax Control. The introduction of the brand new title, The Roulette Championship, the match stipulation is going to be decided at the spin of a wheel. Sin City fans are eager to see what sort of match they’ll see as the show opens at the Reno Sparks Arena this Sunday Night. Who will be the man who walks away with this new championship, four men will enter.. Old Skool.. Matthew Kennedy.. Blaque Hart Bruce Evans.. Frost.. One will get the acclaimed achievement of being the first champion, who desired it more than others and who has the heart to carry the mantel of being called champion.

Chapter: 002
Title: Croupiers at the Ready
Date: 16th January 2012

It was the night after his official debut in the Sin City, Lucian Frost surprised everyone when he battled and defeated Matthew “Primetime” Kennedy, the announcement was made that night about his next opponents, three other competitors battling it out to claim the newest edition to the championships widely available in the SCW, The Roulette Title.  Rain is pattering against the window, the glistening colours of red and white flashing lights pass through the rain drops at they slide down the pane, nothing but sirens can be heard going off into the distance. Lucian Frost stands by the window in the darkened room, gazing out into the darkness, he turns slowly and walks over to the chair placed centrally in the room, sitting down and letting a sigh. Adjacent on the wall is a mirror; nothing can be seen in it until Frost leans forward to show the crimson mask he wears. Slowly Frost lifts the mask off, not showing his face; his long black hair drapes over to conceal his true identity. He has for so long tried to forget what happened all those years ago but nothing could ever shake away the years of hurt.

<right>**MEMORY FLASHBACK**</right>

A very young Lucian’s day at school was coming to an end, he would be free to head home and play on his brand new computer console he’s only just got for his birthday, looking at his school work then at the big clock on the wall, it seemed like an eternity until the final bell would ring. As the bell chimes, Frost quickly collects his school work, scooping them into his open rucksack, and joins the hustle and bustle of the school corridor. Fighting his way past older kids to get to the school entrance hall, he finally reaches the doors and heads out into the cool spring afternoon, with the sun shining brightly and not a cloud in sight. Unfortunately for Lucian his journey to his home is a long walk from the school, even if he ran he’d only save a few minutes and with his bag being quiet heavy he’d rather just go through his trusted shortcut and get there in time for dinner.

Lucian quickly overtakes people on the sidewalk, glancing at his watch from time to time to make sure he’s running on time, he’s about to quickly dash past the people in front when he realises who is before him. She is the most popular girl in school, Dominique Adams, her hair is so blonde that it makes other blondes look washed out, her body is so beautiful that a lot of the guys stop what they’re doing just so they can gaze at her inch perfect figure, Lucian couldn’t help let his eyes wonder up and down her body as he watches her bum with every step she took. The only trouble is that she was dating or had dated some of the college high school football stars, the chances of him begin with someone as beautiful as her was slim to none, but she was on her own and she just walked down the same short cut he took every day. With his hopes high and a sudden boost of confidence, he steps down the small mound and begins to walk down the river bank behind her, he checks his breath to make sure it doesn’t smell too oniony and tries to make his short hair stand all spiked up but having little effect. All of a sudden it just blurted out like a bad hiccup.

“Dom-in-iquee” Frost says with a high pitched voice, like he’d only just hit puberty, it had worked as the slightly confused girl turns to look who said her name badly. She looks slightly confused as to who he was, a small smirk appears as she tried to recollect who he is. ”Are you the guy who had an epileptic attack during gym class?”

Lucian is slightly taken back from this, they had been in the same school their entire lives, they use to play in kindergarten together as well as play on the same soccer team, although she was now popular with the guys through her looks, it shouldn’t have effected her memory so bad that she’d completely forgotten his existence.

“no” Lucian blurts out, wondering why it had taken all his courage just to muster up a few words to her “It’s me, Lucian”

Dominique’s expression changes from being arrogant to remembering her former friend “Lucian, hey! Sorry its been so long since we last talked, high school huh!” Lucian puts on a brave smile “Yeah, high school changes people, right?” She giggles “Yeah it does, we where so close but now we’re like complete strangers! What happened?”

Lucian knew the answer to this, her popularity had gotten the better of her, growing an ego to match, because her assets grew quicker than most, the older jocks showed an interest and eventually the innocent girl he once knew turned into the blonde narcissistic femme fetale standing before him today. His male urges of wanting to get her number or trying to get a date with her had faded and he’s now running behind schedule to get back to his home.

“Like you said, high school, it chews the best of us up and swallows you whole” Putting a brave smile on as her eyes seem to sparkle in the bright sunshine. “I thought I’d come and say hey since it’s been so long”

Unbeknown to him that her boyfriend and friends where behind him, she looks down so Lucian couldn’t see the smile on her face, Dominique decides to grab his hand and places it on her breast. Lucian looks completely shocked ”What are you doing?” he asks bewildered before everything in his world came crumbling down.

“JOSHUA!” Dominique screams, Lucian turns to see four jocks standing there, numbness began to fill his body as he yanks his hand away from her body. ”Did you see what he did?”

Her boyfriend nods his head before cracking his neck and fingers “I sure did babe” He steps forward “Once it gets out you tried to attack my beloved, your life will not be worth living, heck you haven’t got much to live for after I’ve finished with you!”

Lucian had never been in trouble with the law or been involved in any sort of fight, usually the ghost at school as he got on with everyone, seeing Dominique’s boyfriend’s fist heading towards his jaw seemed to happen in slow motion. It connected with pain like nothing he’d experienced, his knees gave away underneath him, and the look of joy on Dominique’s face was something of a sadistic nature as the boyfriend continued the assault on the helpless Lucian. Punching and kicking his motionless body, his friends laugh and begin to help with the kicking of Lucian’s torso, inside Frost’s head he’d heard the cracking of his bones.

“In this town, they consider you dirty, an outcast” Dominique’s boyfriend says “you will be labelled by something else too” He pulls out a pocket knife from his jeans “You’ll be known as a freak!”

Nothing could prepare for what would happen next as he began to slice the knife across Lucian’s face, he continues to do so leaving his face a crimson mess, and Lucian Frost would be left scared both physiologically and physically. Once they’d finished destroying his once youthful face, they push his body down near the water, Lucian’s blood trickles down the dirt and into the dirty water as the group leaves him for dead.

**PRESENT DAY**

Frost cannot bring himself to look into the mirror, his past trauma would haunt him until the day he draws his final breath, he places his hands on his face before racking his fingers through his long black locks. He reaches over and pulls the mask back down over his face and looks up at the mirror to see the crimson masked skull looking back at him. Even though no one will truly know the extent of the pain and what his true identity is, leaving fans and wrestlers to speculate as to what he looks like, he knows that his destiny is in his own hands and making his debut a winning one will add extra pressure to him to perform at that standard once again. Especially with his match involving more than one competitor and the winner becoming a Champion.

Chapter: 002
Date: 18th January 2012

The sound of a door slamming shut is heard echoing throughout the dark hollow room, footsteps can be heard until finally reaching a standstill, the sound of the electric charge powering the lights above is heard before they flicker on revealing a large warehouse and standing in an open space is Sin City Wrestling competitor, Lucian Frost. He is dressed in his traditional all-in-one wrestling attire, in a dark green shade with lightning bolts of a baby blue colour, he stares up at the ceiling before looking around his surroundings.

“‘A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future. You must break out of your current comfort zone and become comfortable with the unfamiliar and the unknown. The roulette wheel is something that will become the unknown as no one can tell which match we’ll be competing in until the croupier spins the wheel. You cannot get comfortable with this new championship; you are going to be faced with the unknown with every defence of the title, that is something that the new champion will be faced with once they’ve overcome this match.”

Frost begins to walk to the right, seeing several steel walls that are attached to a wrestling ring, steel chairs piled up next to it, along with ladders and tables, Frost looks at the reel of barb wire and scaffold pieces before continuing.

“From Steel Cage, Tables Ladders and Chairs, something on a pole or even a scaffold match, the choices are limitless! What will be placed on the wheel is going to be interesting to see and who spins the wheel to determine the contest, whatever the case I will be ready for the unknown, prepared for whatever I’m faced with. I know we’ve all got our preferences to what match we’d like to compete in but something coming out of the comfort zone is exactly what will make us better people and greater performers in the ring.”

Frost begins to climb up the steel cage wall and perches on the top of it, the steel wall isn’t exactly stable as it slides on the hard surface slightly under the weight of Frost, and he continues to speak from the top of the cage.

“At the last Climax Control I made my debut against Matthew Kennedy, the so-called “primetime” of the company, now I am going to be in the ring with someone who called themselves the “legend” and a “god” ..I thought calling yourself ‘Primetime’ was a bit overboard but a ‘god’, Gospel of John quotes ‘In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself. He was present originally with God. All things were made and came into existence through Him; and without him was not one thing made that has come into being.’ I do not believe that wrestling came from Blaque Hart Bruce Evans and that everyone aspires to be you, Bruce, but if that fabrication helps you sleep then tell yourself you’re god and that you’re the greatest wrestler ever to grace a wrestling ring! Because greater men have said they’re god and greater men have fallen from grace. You may not see me as a threat to your “godly” being or see me as someone who’ll get the rub of your famousness but I see myself as being a competitor, someone who’ll be someone to fear, someone to actually take seriously. Something I doubt you will see in me as you’re the ‘almighty wrestling god’ according to yourself…I hope by the end of the match, instead of seeing  me as a joke you’ll realise that I, Frost, left the god praying for mercy!”

Frost cracks his neck to the side

”One… Mississippi… Two… Mississippi… Three…Mississippi! That is three seconds that defines someone from winning and losing, You say you’ve got a referee, or proposed for his dismissal from the company, yet if you watch the match over, who had there shoulders on the mat more? Each count showed that they’re at the same speed.., It’s understandable that you didn’t get the first victory that you claimed you’d get but blaming it on someone who did there job properly isn’t exactly dignified. Especially the way you decided to take it upon yourself and deliver a low blow…that isn’t exactly setting the man who claims to be ‘Primetime’, you’re not setting the company a light with whining and kicking people between their legs, I have so far gained a victory and that sets me in a better light than you Matthew Kennedy! We face each other once more and lets see what excuses you’ll have when you realise you’ve lost a second week in a row, losing your chance to be a champion, will you be satisfied once all the referee’s have lost their jobs just to make sure you can win at least one match? Primetime isn’t going to council others, it will be Frost who councils primetime!”

Lucian Frost leaps down from the cage and lands on the floor, straightening up and then looking at the weight equipment on the floor, he tilts his head to the side and then continues.

“The Sin-Sational One Old Skool, someone who shares my height disadvantage, but it isn’t always about the height, it’s about your ability to conquer obstacles and battling whomever stands in your way in the SCW ring and that is something we’ll do at Climax Control. You are very muscular compaired to most in the Sin City Wrestling and could possibly break me with an almighty flex of your arms. But the object of this match is pretty much unknown, could be an arm-wrestling match which I’d loose through your strength, whatever the case I’ll be battling to deaths doors this coming show, especially with the opportunity to gain prestige in becoming a champion and representing the SCW as one of it’s champions in the NWA! It will be the roulette wheel who’ll decide our poison in the ring but it will be fate who decides the outcome. I am not really a believer of fate but I am a believer in what I can do and like I said at the last show, is the SCW prepared for what Frost is about to do? Are they prepared for the possibility of me becoming a champion?”

Frost walks back into the center of the storage area and just stares at the camera, the lights go off for a split second but that is enough for Frost to disappear without a trace, leaving no sound of leaving or knocking anything over. The mysterious enigma of the man who chooses not to enter the arena through the conventional way, rather using the element of surprise as a means of an entrance, and his random acts of disappearing leaves some people perplexed. He’ll be entering Climax Control as a contender of the new championship, but will he end the night wearing a piece of gold around his waist, only time will tell.
>
T a g  T e a m  C h a m p i o n ( w / J o s h u a   A c q u i n  |  5 6  d a y s )
T a g  T e a m  C h a m p i o n ( w / J o n  D o u g h  |  5 6  d a y s )
T a g  T e a m  C h a m p i o n ( w / K a i n |  9 1  d a y s)
R o u l e t t e  C h a m p i o n ( I n a u g u r a l  |  4 9  d a y s )
W T F / H o l y  S h i t  M o m e n t  O f  T h e  Y e a r  2 0 1 4