Author Topic: The Return:Part 1  (Read 594 times)

Offline Convict Cage

• View Profile
    • Bobby
The Return:Part 1
« on: February 07, 2012, 04:27:53 PM »
 (Note,this was the rp I included in my application to the fed but I felt it was a good intro to the character so I'm posting,if it doesn't count towards RP's for Climax Control just let me know,I plan to have at least one more up before the tenth anyway...)

*Fade in to footage of a man in his late 40s working a speed bag,muscular and tatooed his face is criss crossed with faded jagged scars and his jaw is set in grim determination."

Voice Over:My name is Evan Romano,I'm a film student currently working on a documentary about this man,one of my heroes...This is Bobby 'the Convict' Cage a minor celebrity known to hardcore fans the world over from his time with the wrestling organization known as the FHW. He debuted on the scene in 2001 after his release from a Georgia state prison where he served a sixteen year manslaughter conviction. His brutal boxing oriented style and willingness to let his life be videotaped for the crowds,even the disturbing and sometimes illegal aspects, quickly made him a popular competitor. He seemed to be at the top of his game seizing runs with the FHW President's choice title within months of his debut and moving on to the television and then later Intercontinental titles. He was a member of premiere stables in the industry such as Arrogance United and the Supreme Fighting Empire...but when the company closed its doors in 2008 Cage all but dissapeared from the industry.

*Cut to Cage sitting in a chair drinking a bottle of budweiser*

Cage:You have to understand...really when the FHW shut its doors..well the writing had been on the wall. I mean we'd only done a handfull of shows the year before the roster was down to a few of us old die hards and a bunch of rookies and the front office was dragging everywhere in the world to put on shows. Go to Malpractice in Japan,New Moon Rising in Dubai...I was tired of it.I had a nightclub to run,a new marriage,and a son on the way...as much as I love the buisness,hell as much as I love hurting people, it was time to clean up my act a little...settle down.

*Cage sighs and lights up a ciggerette.*

Cage:Probably..I'd have just stayed retired...I mean sure I tread out for an appearance every once in a while at some of these local feds but none of them had IT you know..that specialness that made me want to stick around..that atmosphere.

*He takes a long swig from the beer bottle.*

Cage:But then last month my daughter calls me up and tells me about this article she found online, 'Top 10 Wrestlers who never won a World Title' and low and behold number 5 on the list with your Jake Roberts' and Roddy Pipers' is my name and some crap about how I could've been a big deal but at 'this stage' in my life a comeback is unlikely.

*He chuckles.*

Cage: I've fought mime's,Japanese national heroes,so called vampires, zombies,and priests,I've wrestled on six continents,and I've taken a face plant into a barbwire cage nearly losing an eye...

*His voice starts to raise empassioned*

Cage:And I still won that damn match! I'm Bobby ****ing Cage and I'm only 47! I can still hang with big dogs and I can still kick some major ass! And thats why I'm coming to Sin City..to prove that in this young mans game and old dog CAN still learn a few tricks.

Evan Voice Over:So that is where we stand,one man setting out to achieve his dream.I don't know if he'll ever recapture the popularity he once had let alone a world title but I do know this..it'll be fun to watch him try,and as long as he's stepping into the ring I'm going to be following him and documenting his quest.