Author Topic: Diary of a Mad Woman: Pt 2  (Read 1127 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Diary of a Mad Woman: Pt 2
« on: January 26, 2012, 03:18:26 PM »

Tuesday January 24th
2:00 A.M

All is quiet in the Staggs household.  Little Eden Staggs is tucked in bed and sleeping peacefull, as is her older brother, Timmy.  Spike Staggs is snoozing away, in a deep sleep.  Misty should be sleeping next to him, but her spot is empty on the bed.  Another sleepless night, it seems.

At the moment, Misty is wide awake.  She is rummaging through some of the cabinets in the kitchen.  She grabs a mug and sets it on the counter, then reaches for one of the canisters near the sink, taking out one of the tea bags.  She puts the tea bag in the mug, just as the kettle of water on the stove starts to whistle.  Misty turns the fire off under the kettle, then pours some water into her mug.

She lets the tea bag steep in the water for a minute, while she opens a drawer and reaches toward the back.  She pulls out the white envelope she found in her belongings back in Chicago.  She looks at the letter and sighs as she grabs her tea and heads into the living room.

Misty tosses the letter on to the coffee table and takes a seat on the sofa.  She stares at the envelope, carefully taking a sip of her tea.

“I should just burn it.  I should go find a lighter right now and burn it.”

She places her tea on the table, then picks up the envelope, running her finger over her name written in Sydney’s handwriting.  Misty holds it in her hands for a while, fighting the urge to tear it open and read the letter.  She finally shakes her head and tosses it back on the coffee table.

“No.  I’m not going to read it.  I’m not going to let Sydney do this to me.  Not now.”

Misty is about to grab her cup of tea, when something startles her…or rather, someone startles her.  She nearly jumps out of her skin, causing her to knock her cup of tea over, spilling it all over the table and then on to the floor.  The envelope is safe from the mess, and does not get ruined by the spilled tea.  Misty stares in front of her, her whole body going stiff.

“God…what do you want?  Why do you keep doing this to me?”

There is no one standing in front of her, however.  At least no one who anyone but Misty can see.  The person that Misty sees standing in front of her, is the same person whose grave  she visited not that long ago.  Sydney.  Only Sydney has yet to say anything to her.

“It’s been seventeen years, Syd.  What do you want from me?”

Just then, the moment that Misty has been waiting for, happens.  Sydney finally breaks her silence and speaks to her.

“You know what I want, Misty.  I told you last week what I want you to do.”

Misty grabs the letter angrily, holding it up in the air in front of her.

“This?!  You want me to read this, right?  It’s not gonna happen, Syd!  Forget it!”

Misty shouts in the lowest voice she possibly can, so she doesn’t wake anyone in the house.  She throws the letter down on the sofa next to her, and stands up.  She brushes past her friend, heading into the kitchen.  Sydney’s ghost follows her.

“What are you afraid of Misty?  You should have read that letter seventeen years ago, but you never did.  Why?”

Misty laughs as she grabs a towel from one of the drawers.  She turns around, leans against the counter and stares at Sydney.

“What do you think reading that letter will make me accomplish now?  You’re dead, and you have been for seventeen years.  I don’t need to read the letter.”

Misty pushes away from the counter, heading back in to the living room.  She kneels down over the coffee table, wiping up the large mess the tea made.  Sydney reappears in front of her, on the opposite side of the coffee table.

“You tell me.”

Misty chooses to ignore Sydney this time, as she wipes up the mess.  She pretends she can’t see her, but Sydney knows better.

“I’m here because of you, Misty.  You brought me here.”

Misty laughs again and throws the now tea soaked towel down on the table.  She leans on the table, and looks at Sydney again, shaking her head.

“I didn’t ask you to be here, Sydney.  I got over your death.  I got over it!  I don’t need to read your f**king letter and bring up the past.  I’ve got more important things to focus on, and you constantly bugging me is not helping my situation any!”

“Like what?  Your wrestling match?”

“Yeah, like that, Sydney.  The past two matches you have distracted me.  The first time, I lost the Bombshell title, and last week it ended in a draw against Brooklyn Carter.  Brooklyn Carter!  What are you going to do this week to screw me over, huh?”

Misty grabs the towel and the mug and heads back into the kitchen.  She puts both in the sink, before she heads over to the fridge and takes out a beer.  She pops the top and takes a swig as Sydney appears in front of her yet again.  God, ghosts can be so annoying!

“That…that is up to you, Misty.  You can’t blame your performance in the ring on my being here.  Both are your doing.”

Misty walks over to the kitchen table and takes a seat.  She also takes another drink of her beer.

“I don’t need you here, Syd.  I need to focus my attention on my career, which is my present and my future.  You are the past, and nothing you can do will change that.  If I stand any chance at somehow working together with Raynin on Sunday, I need to focus on NOW.  I need you to leave me alone!”

Before Sydney has a chance to respond, she looks past Misty to the bottom of the stairs.  Misty turns around, and sees Spike standing there.  Misty looks at him, wondering how much, if anything, he heard Misty talking.

“Spike…uh, how long have you been standing there?”

Spike scratches his head as he looks at the beer in Misty’s hand, then to Misty.

“I just walked down here.  I thought I heard you talking to someone.  Were you?”

Misty can still see Sydney from out of the corner of her eye, but she shakes her head.

“He can’t see me, Misty.  Only you can.”

“No.  You must have been dreaming.”

Spike nods slowly, but he doesn’t believe her.

“Uh huh.  Right.  But, babe, it’s almost three in the morning and you’re drinking a beer.  What’s up with that?”

Misty decides against taking another drink, setting the bottle down in front of her.  She spins it around, staring at it as she can’t seem to find the right words to say to Spike.

“I couldn’t sleep, and I spilled my tea.  So I just grabbed a beer.  You know I’m somewhat of a lightweight anyway.”

Spike walks over and takes a seat across from Misty.  He pushes the beer aside and looks at her.

“Ok, talk.  After you got back a couple weeks ago, I didn’t pressure you to talk.  I gave you some time and space because that’s what I thought you needed, but I’m not so sure anymore.  Something is going on with you, and don’t try to tell me it’s not.  I watched you’re last two matches.  Now, what the hell is going on?”

Misty looks behind Spike at Sydney.  He notices her look past him, then turns around but doesn’t see anyone there.  Misty closes her eyes for a few seconds, and when she opens them again, Sydney is gone.

“Misty, seriously.  Tell me what is going on.”

“I’m fine, Spike.  I just haven’t been sleeping enough.  That’s all.”

Spike shakes his head, refusing to believe any of it.

“Really?  So this week when you team with Raynin, you’re not going to stare at the entrance again like you’ve seen a ghost?  You’re not going to give Kittie and Brooklyn the chance to catch you off guard and pull off the win?  I’m not buying it.  There is a reason you haven’t been sleeping.  You’re seeing something, and it’s driving you crazy.”

“I’m not gonna let anything distract me this week, Spike.  I’m fine, and I’ll be fine.”

Misty sits back in her chair, feeling a bit more relaxed now that Sydney is gone, even if it is only temporarily.  Spike folds his arms across his chest and stares at her, a look of concern now spreading across his face.

“Again, I don’t buy it.  You’re not fine, and you need to tell me what the hell is going on.  You didn’t even tell me where you disappeared to a couple of weeks ago.  So, start talking.”

Misty shakes her head.

“I said I’m fine, Spike.  I need to concentrate on this match this week.  I have to figure out what I’m going to do about teaming with Raynin and at the same time, try to beat Kittie and Brooklyn.  You giving me the third degree is not helping.”

“I’m trying to help you here.  Whatever it is that’s going on has distracted you twice now.  Do you really expect it to be any different in this tag team match this week?”

Misty stands up from the table and walks past Spike.  She freezes when she spots the envelope containing Sydney’s letter on the counter.  She never brought it out of the living room, and now, there is a new message written under her name.

READ IT

Misty carefully sneaks the letter back into the drawer without Spike noticing, or so she thinks, before she turns around and looks Spike in his eyes.

“Things will be different this week, Spike.  I promise.”

“How can you be sure?”

Misty takes a deep breath and sighs.

“Because I just am.  I’m going to clear my head and focus all my attention on this match, and then I’m going to concentrate on bringing the Bombshell title back where it belongs.  Around my waist and part of the New X-Tremes(cheap plug).  No one is going to stop me.”

Spike nods his head, reluctantly giving in and trusting what she says.  For now.

“I’m gonna try and get some sleep now.  You gonna join me?”

“I’ll be there in a couple minutes.”

Misty shrugs, but walks up to him.  She wraps her arms around his neck, kissing his cheek.

“I’m fine.  I promise.”

“Mmmhmmm.”

Misty then walks past him and upstairs to their bedroom.  When she is safely out of view, Spike walks over to the drawer where Misty hid the envelope.  He opens it and takes out the letter, studying it for a second.  He doesn’t recognize the handwriting that Misty’s name is written in.  Spike glances down into the drawer, a curious look crossing his face.  He recognizes Misty in the picture he takes out, from her younger years of course, but the other girl in the picture he doesn’t know.  He turns the picture over and reads what is written on the back, in Misty’s handwriting.

Me and Syd Sophomore Year

“Ok, Misty.  What the hell are you hiding?”

Spike places both the picture and the envelope back in the drawer.  He sighs, then heads back upstairs.  Though all he wanted to do was bring up the envelope and the picture, he resists the urge and will wait just a little while longer in hopes that Misty will eventually come clean.  Which would hopefully be soon.

Diary of a Mad Woman: Pt 2
Sunday January 15th

I can’t believe it!  I can’t f**king believe that actually happened tonight!  My match against Brooklyn ended in a damn doubt count out!  How could I let that happen?  Why couldn’t I have gotten one last burst of adrenaline to just knock her out and slide back into the ring?!  I can’t let this sh*t keep happening.  This was the LAST time I walk away from a match without a victory.

Sunday January 22nd

No match for me this week.  I don’t mind, honestly.  Weird things have been happening to me over the past month, and I need to get this sh*t figured out.  I need to figure out why my past is suddenly coming back to haunt me but, more importantly, what I need to do to get it to stop.  It is a distraction that I can’t afford to have week after week.  It needs to stop.

I’ve just been informed about my match next week.  I don’t know what the hell Mark or Christian were thinking when they booked this one, but it’s going to turn into one hell of a bitch fight.  Kittie and Brooklyn Carter versus me and Raynin in the main event.  Really?!  I mean, I don’t mind being in the main event, but having to team with Raynin is NOT sitting well with me right now.  Honestly, I don’t think I could even team with Kittie at this point.  Not since she won MY title.  The only good thing about this match is that I get the opportunity to face Brooklyn Carter again.  I get to show her just who SHOULD have walked away with the victory last week.

And you better believe that I’ll do just that.  There will be no more double count outs.  There will be no more draws on my record here in SCW, and that is a promise.  It may be better than a loss to some people, but in my eyes, it just means I didn’t push myself hard enough.  No, this week I WILL walk away with a victory.  Raynin better not screw me over if she knows what’s good for her.

Tuesday January 24th

I’m starting to get worried about this match on Sunday.  I have had a lot of sleepless nights over the last month and a half, and it’s starting to get to me.  Not only that, but now Spike is starting to grill me about what is going on.  He gave me the third degree early this morning, but I can’t tell him what’s going on right now.  Not until I’m sure this is all done and over.

If I don’t get some sleep soon, I’m afraid I’ll only keep losing.  I’m worried that the losses on my record will keep growing and the wins column will just remain right where it’s at.  I need to put a stop to this.  Kittie is still walking around as the Bombshell Champion.  She successfully defended it against Raynin last week, so in my eyes, her time as the champion is up.  And Brooklyn and Raynin have now both got their eyes on the title, but I won’t let either of them get their grubby hands on it.  Not gonna happen.  Especially NOT Brooklyn Carter.  This tag team match on Sunday will be very interesting to say the least.

Thursday January 26th

I’ve been keeping my eye on SCW’s website, waiting to see what Kittie and Brooklyn do for the promos.  I can’t say that I’m waiting to see what Raynin does, because honestly, I don’t much care.  Plus, I know when she’ll submit her promo.  She’ll submit it at the last possible second like she always does.  Honestly, if she were ever to do something earlier in the week, I truly believe I might just go speechless.  Making me speechless is not an easy thing to do…just ask anyone who knows me well enough.

I did, however, see Brooklyn’s promo, and the bitch pissed me off.  She really thinks she had the match against me ‘in the bag’?  She really thinks she had me beat?  HA!  Think again, sweetheart.
Not only does she feel she had me beat, but she truly believes she deserves to be the Bombshell Champion now.  She thinks she’s ready!  Now THAT is a joke.  This match on Sunday will be her, what, third match?  And she thinks she’s championship material already?  I don’t think so.  I’d rather see Raynin win the title than some pothead rookie!  Oh, and that brings up my next point.

No champion should do drugs…period!  If Brooklyn wants to be a champion, she needs to make a few lifestyle changes.  I’m not going to allow some drug addicted little girl represent the Bombshell division.  Whoever is going to hold that title is going to hold it with some respect and dignity.  For the division AND themselves.  Until Brooklyn gets her shit together, that title is not going around her waist.

I’m gonna teach her a lesson, honestly.  I’m going to show her first hand what a champion is and does.  I’m going to walk into this match on Sunday SOBER and beat her ass for being, for lack of a better word, just plain STUPID!  She has a lot of work to do.  She needs to smarten up, and I’m going to help her.  I’m going to give her one hell of a wake up call.

Does Brooklyn honestly think she can get through not only me and Raynin, but Kittie as well, to become the Bombshell Champion?  I think all that smoking is starting to destroy a few too many brain cells if she truly believes that, and she may want to consider what it’s doing to her brain.  She might have potential, I admit, but she just can NOT beat the three of us.

Hell, I’d like to see her try and beat Kittie alone.  Hell hath no fury like Kittie scorned, and now that Brooklyn has let her intentions be known, Kittie will definitely bring her claws out.  I should just sit back and enjoy the fireworks on that one.  Kittie is walking around pretending the Bombshell title is a baby for Christ’s sake!  A BABY!  She’s getting crazier and crazier everyday, and it only means that I’m going to have to work that much harder to get the title back around my waist.

Oh, and we can’t forget miss Raynin, either.  She’s been here since almost the beginning, and she’s been clawing and fighting just as much as Kittie or I have.  But again, it’s not her time yet.  

This tag match on Sunday is only just one more obstacle I have to get through to get the title back.  And I will.  They could have teamed me with Angelica for all I care.  I’m done with losing.  It ends NOW.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:45:50 PM by Misty »
>