Author Topic: KEVIN CARTER VS DRAKE GREEN  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
KEVIN CARTER VS DRAKE GREEN
« on: September 29, 2013, 10:03:38 PM »
 Post your roleplays here! Good luck!
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Offline DrakeGreen

• Mr. Showtime
    • View Profile
    • Drake Green
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 11:10:04 PM »
 Stopping The Show: Part I

SCW Home Video in conjunction with Generation X Entertainment, Inc. proudly present…

\'user

[The screen shows a montage of Drake’s matches and victories and a narrator can be heard over the footage.]

Narrator: A man of the people. That’s how some would describe him. Others would call him an egotistical playboy. But whatever opinion you may have of him, there’s no denying one thing: Drake Green is one of the most prolific and dynamic performers professional wrestling has to offer today and this…is his story.

[The camera cuts to Kenny Chisholm, the former ACW play-by-play announcer. He sits in a chair wearing a dark blue suit with a burgundy shirt and matching tie. He smiles at the camera as it comes into focus.]

KC: Welcome. My name is Kenny Chisholm and welcome to ‘Stopping the Show: The Drake Green Story”. Today we take a look back at the young but storied career of the man who will challenge Kevin Carter for the SCW Heavyweight Championship at High Stakes III; Drake Green. From tragedy to triumph, we’ll look into a life filled with all the successes and failures that true drama is all about. Thanks for joining us, Drake.

[The camera cuts to Drake, sitting across from Kenny, wearing a dark blue blazer with an open-collared white shirt underneath.]

Drake: It’s a pleasure, Kenny. It’s good to see you.

Kenny: So tell me Drake, where did it all start?

Drake: I would have to say home. In Galena, Illinois.

\'user

Narrator: Galena, Illinois. A small town that is situated in the rolling hills of the northwestern corner of the state. The town’s population, like many others in the Midwest, is made up of blue-collar families. Hard working Americans struggling through everyday life. A life that is usually put on hold on Saturday nights.

Drake: There are two things that the people of Galena are truly passionate about. That’s the Chicago Bears and pro wrestling.

Narrator: Drake was born, the younger of two sons, to regional pro wrestling celebrity Jonathan “Johnny the Body” Green and his wife Annette Drake.  During childbirth, his mother contracted an infection to which she never recovered. She died just three months later.

KC: What was that like? Having to grow up without a mother.

Drake: You know, I can’t really answer that. I didn’t know her so it was probably a pretty easy thing for a young kid to deal with. I know my brother Nick was pretty bent up about it. For a long time.

KC: How long after your mom passed was it until your father remarried?

Drake: I think I was three.

Narrator: On July 4th, 1987 Jonathan married local television reporter Phyllis Fuller. Not long after, Phyllis gave birth to a baby girl, Jennifer Green.

Drake: I loved being a big brother. I still do. Jenny is a free spirit. I’m glad I still have her around.

KC: So what was it like in Galena as a child?

Drake: My dad was pretty much a local celebrity. He still is. Even now, when I go back there, I’m just ‘Johnny’s Boy’ to them.  I grew up wishing I could live up to the legacy. Both Nick and I did.

KC: Did you guys travel a lot with him?

Drake: The business was different back then. He didn’t travel all over or anything like we do today. Most of his matches were in the Madhouse.

Narrator: The “Madhouse on Madison” was the popular nickname for the old Chicago Stadium. A 20,000 seat arena that was called home for both the Chicago Bulls and the Blackhawks, was also the regional mecca for professional wrestling.

KC: Tell me more about your father.

\'user
Johnny the Body circa 1989

Drake: Once again, it’s one of those things where you don’t remember all that much. You tend to block any of the bad stuff out so all you have left are the good memories. What I remember? I remember the coolest guy in the world. Big hair and big muscles and he always wore these ridiculous sunglasses. My brother Nick and I would put them on and they would like cover our entire faces.

[Drake makes hand gestures of giant glasses.]

Drake: I don’t really have memories of lots of “Dad” stuff. He was always working. Even though he did the pro wrestling thing he also worked as an iron worker, most of which was also in Chicago, so he would get up real early and make the drive with a couple of his buddies. They would hang out near the jobsites just hoping to get some work. You could always tell the days when he didn’t get any work ‘cause he would still have to wait there all day for whoever was done working since they all drove out together. He was pretty angry on those days.

KC: How was your relationship with your stepmother during this period.

Drake: Again, I was really young. Phyllis was a very capable mother figure for us. She would make us lunch and dinner and make sure we got to school. There was always a bit of friction between her and Nick though but nothing I really felt at that age.

KC: What about when your father passed?

Drake: When my father died it was tough.

Narrator: In a freak accident in the ring, Johnny the Body’s neck and back were broken. His broken spine punctured the right ventricle in his heart. He died inside of the ring on November 18th, 1992.

Drake: My dad was in a tag team at the time, “Team Gorgeous” with a guy at the time called Maximus the Magnificent.

\'user
Maximus the Magnificent circa 1988

Drake: They were defending their titles against a couple of really big, really over-aggressive dudes. Unfortunately there was an accident and the rest is history.  I guess the saving grace of it is that we would normally go with him when he wrestled. We loved watching him. This just happened to be one of the few times where we stayed home.

KC: What happened after that?

Drake: A lot.

[Drake lets out a small chuckle.]

Drake: Phyllis left. She took Jenny and moved to Bakersfield, California. I think she had a hard time dealing with it. She pretty much disowned me and Nick. Luckily for us, Max was there.

Narrator: Drake’s father’s tag team partner and friend, ‘Maximus the Magnificent’ was Maxwell Proffo, not only Jonathan Green’s best friend but also a surrogate uncle to his children.

Drake: You know he really took us in. Right away with no questions asked. He...uh…really saved us. Who knows what would’ve happened with Phyllis if he didn’t step in.

KC: Did you still have a relationship with her after she left?

Drake: No. We didn’t speak for about four or five years or so after she left. And even that was by accident, only because I called to speak with Jenny and she wasn’t home. We ended up talking for a while.

KC: About what?

Drake: My brother Nick mostly. They didn’t get along at all. She was really against him getting into wrestling.

\'user
Nick Green circa 2000

Drake: My brother and I had always wanted to follow in my father’s footsteps. Since Maxy was our guardian, that’s all we knew anyway. After my father died Max hit the national circuit. He hit it pretty big too for a while so we were always traveling. We spent a lot of time in New York and Los Angeles. It was right about that time, when were doing most of our traveling, that Nick and I began wrestling each other. We were always part of the ring crew so one night, after the matches were done, we just hopped in the ring and started whipping each other around. We gave each other a few leg drops and what not and we had no idea that Max was watching us.

[The camera cuts to Max, Drake’s friend and trainer.]

Max: These kids were naturals. I mean they really knew how to fly around. I’m pretty sure when this started Drake was about twelve and Nick was about fifteen. Every night after a match they’d hop up there and start beating each other up. After a while they just started working their own matches. Start to finish. All the guys would have a couple of beers and watch them go at it.

[The camera cuts back to Drake.]

Drake: Those were some of the worst matches I ever worked.

[Drake laughs.]

Drake: There was one night though in Atlanta when we were trying out some new stuff, we had been working on our top rope stuff, that Ric Flair actually came up to us. I’ll never forget that. He walked right up to us and said “Nice moves.” That was it, but for a thirteen-year-old kid who idolized everything pro wrestling, it was like I had already made it.

Narrator: Over the next few years, Nick and Drake travelled the country with Max, honing their craft and waiting for their time to come. In June of 1999, it came for Nick.

Drake: Nick was a natural in the ring. A much better technical wrestler than I could ever dream to be. He was like a better looking version of Max Burke.

[Drake chuckles.]

KC: How was it watching your brother in action against someone other than you?

Drake: It was great. He was a seasoned veteran at eighteen. He wrestled circles around guys with ten years experience.

Narrator: Nick quickly made a name for himself as one of the top cruiserweights in the country, placing in the semi-finals of the annual Super J Cup tournament. However, it wasn’t until the fall of 2002, when Drake finally joined him in the ring, that the Green brothers garnered real interest from major promotions.

[The camera cuts to Max.]

Max: Nick had the look and all of the skills, on the mic too. But he was young and pretty raw at the time. But when Drake got in the ring with him, it was magic.

\'user
Drake Green - High School Graduation Photo - 2002

Drake: I had just graduated high school at the time. My graduation present from Nick was my wrestling tights. He was ready. He had the name picked out and everything. He was already “ACTION PACKED” Nick Green and he wanted me to be “SHOW STOPPER” Drake Green and the tag team name was going to be “THE MAIN EVENT”. It all stuck for the most part, after a few months I became “MR. SHOWTIME” and the rest is history.

KC: What was it like, being in that tag team with Nick?

Drake: It was the best time of my life. I mean, Nick and I were more than brothers. We were best friends. We won a lot of matches in that first run. I don’t think we lost for the first couple of years. People were pretty surprised but we had been in the ring together since we were little kids so the chemistry was just off the charts.

[The camera cuts to former ACW Owner JJ Dixon.]

JJ: I got to see the two of them together, I think in 2003, in Calgary. To this day I haven’t seen a more fluid team of two wrestlers. They moved in a way that just dwarfed what everyone else at the time was doing.

Max: Nothing made me more proud of them than when they won the tag titles together back in 2003. They were the closest I ever came to having children so to see them accomplish something they had worked so hard for and had wanted for years, it was incredible.

Drake: I remember the night when we won the tag titles. We were in San Jose and after the match we went back to our dressing room and we locked ourselves in. I’m pretty sure we were in there for about three hours just talking and laughing. It was the most awesome feeling I think I’ve ever had.

KC: What else was going on in your life at that point?

Drake: It was right about then that Nick and I started to reconnect with our sister Jenny. She was going through some tough times with her mom, and she needed someone to talk to. Naturally she reached out to us.

KC: What was she dealing with?

Drake: Her mom was having a lot of issues at the time, she had  a pretty bad alcohol dependency and she had a sixteen-year-old daughter so you could imagine what those fights were like. We had just moved to Los Angeles full time so it was pretty easy for her to come down and see us. We got to spend a lot of time together at that time, the three of us. It was nice.

KC: When was it that you and Nick had decided to part ways as a tag team?

Drake: It was the beginning of 2005. We had been champions for about eighteen months and we finally lost the titles. Nick had always had this dream of being the big-time singles competitor, Heavyweight champion, all that stuff so he decided that if he was gonna break the mold and move passed tag team wrestling then that was his time to do so.

Max: I think it really hurt Drake when Nick broke the team up. We all knew it was a matter of time before both of them went on to great singles careers but I don’t think Drake really understood that yet and I know he wasn’t ready.

[The camera cuts to Drake’s sister, Jenny Green.]

Jenny: Drake and Nick were best friends. They were spending every waking moment together. Living and working together and even hanging out together. I think Nick thought that by breaking that routine that they would be even closer together, if they accomplished similar things apart as they did together. I just don’t think Drake saw it that way. Not then anyway.

Drake: I think the worst part came when they came back and said hey, we don’t wanna push you as a singles competitor, meaning me, so we’re gonna pair you with this guy. So there I was thinking hey, you’re making big money now on your own and I have to partner with a guy I don’t even know. F*** this. I quit right there. Probably the dumbest yet smartest thing I ever did.

Max: Here they are, Nick’s getting into a program with the World Television champion and Drake goes ahead and quits his job.

[Max laughs.]

Max: He comes to me and says ‘Maxy, if it’s not Nick then I don’t wanna be in a tag team.” So I make a few calls and amazingly, nobody wants him. The only guy I found that was even interested in him was a guy by the name of Saido Hakata of Young Japan Pro Wrestling based out of Tokyo. He offers him a place to live for six months and a wage that was so ridiculously low that at first, I didn’t even mention it to him.

[The camera cuts to Drake.]

Drake: So we’re at lunch one day and Max says, ‘maybe we shoulda took that Japan thing.” I’m like “What Japan thing!?” So he tells me and I figure I might as well call this Hakata guy and see what it’s all about. So I get him on the phone and he says to me, I’ll never forget this, he tells me that while I can only offer you $150 per week in Tokyo, one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in, but you’ll wrestle everyday and I’ll teach you everything I know. He said it just like that. Of course, me being twenty years old…”Where do I sign up?”

[The camera cuts to Saido Hakata, Owner & Founder of Young Japan Pro Wrestling and Multi-Time World Champion]

Hakata: Drake was an usual talent. One you don't find too often. Very raw and very eager to learn. I told him, I'm gonna beat you up every day for six months and if you don't cry too much, I let you stay in my basement.

Narrator: For a young man like Drake, who had never left his native country, living in Tokyo was like a dream.

\'user
Drake Green – Tokyo, Japan - 2005

Drake: I really fell in love with the Japanese lifestyle. The way they ate, the way they dressed, even the way they did their hair. It was such an amazing experience to have at that age and on top of all of that, Saido was the greatest teacher I've ever had. I hope Max isn't watching.

[Drake laughs.]

Drake: When I first showed up in YJPW I really thought I was the greatest thing that ever happened to them. It was a huge shock for me when I realized that I really knew nothing and I just got my ass kicked day in and day out for like a month.

Max: As a tag team wrestler, with his brother, Drake was fantastic. He had great instincts and he knew how to put a match together. But when it came time to get in the ring by himself, he just didn't have that yet. He didn't have the stamina or quite honestly, he didn't have the skill yet.

[The camera cuts back to Saido.]

Saido: Drake was very raw. He could flip around the ring very easy, but he didn't know how to punish his opponent. He thought you win every match with a body slam and a leg drop. I showed him how to grab his enemy and squeeze him. How to make him hurt so bad that he has no choice but to give up.

\'user
Saido Hakata circa 1965

Narrator: A master of submission holds, Saido Hakata rose to fame in the late 1960s as one of the most feared wrestler's coming out of Japan. He earned his first World Championship in 1973 and held it until 1977. He is still recognized as the most decorated Japanese cruiserweight of all time.

Drake: When I was wrestling with Nick, my finishing move was literally a leg drop. So when I got to YJPW, I was just schooled by Saido's students. He really put an emphasis on submission. It was his philosophy that no matter how many times you knocked your opponent down, he would keep coming back. So to put him away for good, you had to hurt him. Either make him tap out or even pass out. He didn't care.

[The camera cuts to former SCW Superstar, Chett ‘Hangman’ Hawkins.]

Hangman: I first met Drake in the spring of 2005 in Japan. I was working a stint with Young Japan and Saido Hakata said he wanted me to get in the ring with this young American punk he had living in his basement. You knew there was something with this kid but when I finally got to wrestle him it was like magic.

[The camera moves back to Drake.]

Drake: One of the best programs I ever worked was in YJPW with Hangman Hawkins. The dude was a monster and he gave it his all, all the time. Our matches were some of the most fluid work that I had done up to that point. It was a great fit with the power style he put on display and  all the technical stuff I was doing with Saido at the time. That feud really did the most toward molding the Drake Green you see today in Sin City Wrestling.

Narrator: Over the next few months Drake would hone his craft as a technician and submission expert. He went on to be crowned YJPW’s first American Cruiserweight Champion and after six months under Saido Hakata’s tutelage, Drake was ready to return home.

[The camera cuts to Saido.]

Saido: Six months came and went and at the end I say to him, ‘Stay. I pay you good money now. You don’t suck so much anymore.’ But he was ready to move on. He was ready for the next chapter in his life.

Max: Things were different now when Drake came back. The big promotions wanted him and they wanted him pretty bad. The thing was, there was only one thing he wanted to do.

Drake: My ego probably had probably tripled by the time I came back from Japan. But, I knew Nick was struggling where he was and could use the boost so ’THE MAIN EVENT’ went on a second run.

Narrator: After a few short weeks, Drake and Nick were sharing tag team gold again.

KC: How different was that second title, as opposed to the first reign you guys had?

Drake: I think we were a bit more mature in the way we approached the business side of thing. When we were younger it was more about, ‘Hey we want a match and then we wanna go out and party”. This time we were both a lot more serious about it all.

KC: Your first title reign together lasted nearly two years but your second only a few short months. Why is that?

Drake: I think some of the magic had faded by then. Nick had really concentrated on getting his size bigger so he could be looked at differently than just a cruiserweight. The went a long way toward changing the way he moved in the ring. On top of that I was a completely different wrestler. We had both begun to grow in to complete singles competitors and somewhere along the way we forgot how to coexist as a team.

KC: How did things go for you after that second break up?

Drake: For me things were on a huge upswing. I was in the hunt for the Cruiserweight title and they had already approached me with a few endorsement ideas. For Nick, things were a bit tougher. He wasn’t gaining the traction as a Heavyweight contender he was hoping for. He was hovering around the mid-card and that seemed to be a taking a bit of a toll on him. The worst part I think for him was his lack of direction. It seemed as if they were throwing him on the filler matches not because he wasn’t good enough to hold a better time slot but more because they just couldn’t figure out what to do with him.

Max: Drake’s success at that point was a bit of a pill for Nick to swallow. Don’t get me wrong he loved his brother more than anything in the world but still, his pride was definitely effected.

As Drake’s career continued to soar, Nick began to look for other avenues to grow himself as a performer.

[The camera cuts to Jenny Green.]

Jenny: It was right about the time they broke up the second time that Nick had this crazy idea of getting in to the movie business. He had met this Hollywood producer who made all of these absurd “B” action movies about aliens and silly stuff like that. Anyway, the guy wanted Nick really bad. He had already built his body up pretty good so he totally looked the part of an action star.

\'user
Nick Green – 2006

Drake: I remember when he first came up with the idea of getting in to action movies. He showed me these ridiculous pictures of him in a really tiny green shirt, trying to show off his muscles. At first I was really surprised. He had worked so hard at the wrestling thing that It was a total shock to me that he wanted to move on to something else. But after a few weeks, you know I met the guy, things actually started to take shape for him. He was all set to do his first movie, some crazy Mars adventure type flick, but there was a bit of a snag with finances I guess. The producer wanted Nick to…

[Drake stops for a moment. He collects his thoughts and starts again.]

Drake: The producer wanted to Nick to come to a party at his house to try and help him smooth over these guys. I guess he thought once they met Nick all their concerns would go away.  He asked me to go with him…

[Drake stops again, this time looking at the floor. After a moment, he looks back up at the camera.]

Drake: He asked me to go and I couldn’t. I had some promotional stuff to do for wrestling and I just couldn’t get out of it. It was July 4th 2006.

Max: When we first got the call it was…a bit unbelievable actually. A bit of a shock.

[The camera cuts to Jenny Green.]

Jenny: I remember Max called me it was just a little after 1 in the morning. He said…he said there had been an accident.

Drake: He was on his way home from the party and a drunk driver crossed over the line. They say he was doing about eighty miles per hour.

[Drake wipes away a lone tear as it streams down his right cheek.]

Drake: I got the call from the emergency room around eleven, by the time I got there…it was too late.

\'user
Scene of Nick Green’s Accident

Narrator: Nick Green died on July 4th, 2006. An oncoming motorist, who was under the influence, crossed over the double yellow line and hit Nick’s vehicle head on.

Drake: The hardest thing I’ve ever had to do was bury my brother. It really sent me in to a sort of downward spiral.

Max: No he didn’t take it well at all. We all had a tough time. Nick was like a son to me but for Drake it was another level. It’s when his drinking really started. He quit wrestling, stopped returning phone calls. He moved out of his apartment and started staying at hotels. It was a tough thing to watch.

Drake: I didn’t want to do it anymore. I wanted to move on. Start a whole new chapter but I didn’t know how to get away. And one night I just snapped.

[The camera cuts back to Max.]

Max: We were in a club, in Chicago actually. We had to square up some will and estate legal things so already Drake was in a bad mood. We were at this club and that’s when he dropped this bomb on me that he was quitting wrestling and he was done with everything. I tried to talk him out of it and he just got really angry with me over the whole thing.

Drake: I think, at the time, I kind of channeled a lot of my anger toward Max. He was a heavy drinker back then and with everything that happened he just ended up being my scapegoat. One night, we just went at it. It got real physical.

[The camera cuts back to Max.]

Max: I think my drinking at the time also made things a bit worse. We got loud and he hit me. I should’ve backed down but I didn’t. I said some things I wasn’t proud of and we didn’t talk for while.

Drake: Basically, the guy whooped my ass and that was it. I was done. I was dead set on finding a new life. So I did. I left and I headed east.

PLEASE INSERT DISC TWO

Family Reunion: Part I

September 30th, 2013 – Colony Beach Club, Barbados – 2:15 AM

[The loud crashing from the water smashing against the rocks can be heard from all the way across the beach. The dark Barbados sky provides a beautiful contrast from the bright glistening of the post-midnight stars. The moon provides just enough light so that we can see clearly along the Colony Beach. Sitting, about a hundred yards back from the water line, is Drake Green. Wearing black Nike gym shorts, sandals, and plain white t-shirt, he stares up at the serene looking sky with a wide smile on his face. He pulls a bottle of Johnny Walker up to his mouth and takes a large swig before his smile returns. He thinks about the events that just took place at Climax Control. He finally got his. With the help of his newfound friend Rage, Drake was finally able to fight off Hot Stuff Mark Ward and all of his followers. He knew his victory would be short lived though. He new Hot Stuff would figure out a way to start making his life miserable again. It was only a matter of time. But for tonight, Drake was on top. He takes another swig of his bottle before he turns his head around. He can hear the footsteps in the sand moving toward him. It is a bit too dark at first to make out who it was, but then an even wider smile came over Drake’s face.]

Barry: Showtime!

[Barry Goldstein, Drake’s agent, walks across the sand in what can only be described in a ridiculous attempt to look like a yacht captain. He’s wearing white pants and shoes and a blue blazer with an ascot tucked underneath.  His blonde hair slicked back with sunglasses sitting on top of his head. He puffs on his cigar as he gets closer to his friend and client. Drake can’t help but  squeeze out a small chuckle.]

Drake: What the hell are you wearing?

Barry: What? We’re in Barbados.

Drake: So.

Barry: Dude, I’ve gotten so much trim with this outfit.

Drake: You’re ridiculous.

Barry: Maybe, but you tell them you got a eighty footer, panties drop before you can say “Ahoy”!

Drake: Just stop. I don’t think I wanna know any more.

Barry: Suit yourself.

[Barry takes a seat on the beach next to him. Drake offers him the bottle of scotch and Barry obliges, taking a swig of his own. He lets out a refreshing sigh before giving the bottle back to Drake.]

Barry: So it’s official.

Drake: What’s that?

Barry: Just got off of the phone with Christian Underwood. You’re going to High Stakes, my friend.

[Drake’s smile gets a bit bigger.]

Drake: You’re kidding? They’re actually going to give me a title shot? After all this shit with Mark Ward?

Barry: What can I say? I’m a genius.

Drake: Nobody else in the match? Not some six pack, seven box super challenge match? Just me and Carter?

Barry: Who’s the best damn agent this shit sport has ever seen?

Drake: Oh wow. Does Max know?

Barry: I thought you would wanna tell him. He’s holed up at the bar over there. Don’t worry, he’s drinking club soda like a pussy.

[Drake smiles.]

Drake: I can’t thank you enough, Barry. I don’t know if Maxy and I could have navigated our way through all of this mess without you. I appreciate it.

[Barry puts his arm on Drakes shoulder.]

Barry: I may be your agent, kid. But I’m also your friend. So do me a favor. Kick this guy’s teeth in for me.

Drake: Will do.

Barry: Now go on, go tell Max. But…um…leave this here.

[Barry grabs the bottle of Johnny Walker out from Drake’s hands.]

Drake: Sure thing.

[He puts his hand on Barry’s shoulder as he gets up and starts to head across the beach toward the bar in the distance. He takes in the refreshing beach air as he walks, contemplating the long journey it’s taken him to get to this point of his career. A Heavyweight title shot. Something he had dreamed about for his whole life. To be on top of the mountain, to be the king of it all. That’s all he’s wanted since returning to wrestling some nine months prior. A chance to be the champion his brother and father always wanted to be. He walks on the sand and stares at the sky as he thinks of the man he must go through to complete his journey. A charismatic, yet egotistical grappler. A good-looking wrestler who embodies most of what professional wrestling about these days. “Sound familiar?” he thinks to himself. Kevin Carter and Drake are so similar it is almost scary. Perhaps too similar, as that could be the driving force to their budding rivalry. Who knows? But it could make for a very interesting match at High Stakes III.

He gets closer to the quiet, near empty beach bar and he can finally make Max out. Sitting a small cocktail table, drinking his club soda and reading a book. He is wearing a dark gray polo. His salt and pepper hair is a bit of a mess and his five o’clock shadow is forming into a full beard. Drake gets closer and he calls out to Max.]

Drake: Hey, Maxy!

[Max looks up and smiles as he sees Drake.]

Max: You should be sleeping.

Drake: Always worried.

[Drake makes his way in to the open area bar and sits down across from Max.]

Max: It’s my job to worry, D. Someone has to do it for you.

Drake: Why worry at all?

Max: I can’t imagine what life would be like if there wasn’t at least one person out there worrying about you.

[Max smiles.]

Drake: You talk to Barry?

Max: No.

[Max leans back in his chair and picks up his book again.]

Max: Last I saw he was running around in captain’s outfit trying to pretend he had a yacht.

Drake: He booked it.

[Max lowers his book.]

Max: He booked…what?

Drake: A heavyweight title match.

Max: You’re kidding. How did he get around Hot Stuff?

Drake: I don’t know. He said Christian Underwood booked it.

Max: Well, isn’t that something? We got a lot of work to do kid. Just ‘cause you beat this guy once doesn’t mean you can beat him again. He won’t be caught napping again that’s for sure.

Drake: I know.

Max: Do you? This is the Heavyweight championship, D. We gotta hit the gym every day, twice a day.

Drake: Yeah sure thing, Maxy. As soon as I get back.

Max: Get back? Where are you going?

Drake: I’m headed out to Bakersfield.

Max: To see Jenny?

Drake: Yeah. It’s been a while and I think I just need to get off the beach for a couple days.

Max: You sure now is a good time?

Drake: I think it’s the perfect time. I’m gonna ask her and Phyllis to come back with me. To be at ringside if I win.

Max: Phyllis? You’re fucking kidding me right?

Drake: She was my father’s wife, Maxy. She’s the only mother I’ve ever known.

Max: Look, D. I’m not gonna tell you what to do. Just be careful. There’s something wrong with that woman.

Drake: I know, but something inside wants her there too. She’ll probably say no anyway.

Max: I’ll be surprised if she even lets you in the house.

[Drake smiles.]

Max: Now grab a drink. Let’s celebrate.

Drake: Sure thing.

[Drake gets up and walks over to the bar as the camera fades out.]

"Kevin Carter. The man who seems to have become my nemesis. My rival. I'm not really sure how it escalated to you hating my guts. I know we had some twitter banter the first time we faced each other. I started by joking around with you and you got super defensive. Which in turn, my competitive side got defensive back. Next thing I know I beat you, one on one in the ring, and you un-follow me on Twitter. That's the kind of guy you are. The sorest loser that I have ever met. I'm not sure how it began for you. I'm not sure if you really did go undefeated for all those years so when you finally did lose it just came as such a shock to you that it must have been corruption. That must have been the only way right? You were unbeatable after all...

I know what you're gonna say about me so I'll save you the trouble. That I'm a phony. That I put an act on in front of everyone and that my ego is way too big to really care about the fans. That I’m a bitch and a hand picked, golden boy, wannabe champion who has been handed this title shot. Sound about right? The sad part is that it's probably gonna take you about an hour of promo time to get that message across. A long winded, boring, diarrhea of the mouth session about why you are so much better than me with what I’m sure will be lots of colorful nuances to try and dress up a pretty boring message. You’ll probably talk about how my victory against you is meaningless because nothing was on the line. But the truth Kevin, the truth is that there was so much on the line in that match. That match proved to the world that the great Kevin Carter is beatable. That he isn't invincible. That no matter what he says or does going forward, he lost. He lost to me. Sure you went on to win the Heavyweight title, even against the greatest stars this company has to offer. But my victory over you opened up the door for people like Goth.

Yeah, that stung didn't it? That sweet victory that you yearned after for so long taken away so quickly. But the hurtful truth of the whole thing is that it wasn't because anyone was gunning for you or working against you and certainly no one was conspiring to take a title away from you. If the powers that be really felt that you never would’ve won in the first place. You're so undeniably full of yourself that you can't even realize the plain and simple truth of the whole thing. You lost. Someone came in and beat you in the ring, just as I did, and guess what? This time something mattered in that match. So what if you had just won the title two weeks prior? MAN UP. This is professional wrestling and that title which you now hold again means more than just being the best in the ring. It's about being a CHAMPION. Something you clearly know nothing about. I may be a bit hypocritical. I can deal with that, I can accept it, and I do embrace it. But you, you are flat out full of shit. You call yourself the ANTI-HERO...that's a sad and complete lie. The only thing you care about in this world is yourself. No one else. Sure I drink profusely and try to bang everything that walks, including but not limited to your fiancé, but I stand for something. I stand for the right to wear that belt. I've earned it both in AND outside of the ring.  

No one can deny your ability in the ring Kevin. I wouldn't dare to try. You are, after all, only the second two-time heavyweight champion this company has ever seen. An impressive feat no one can take away from you. But I think we're all in agreement here, it's time to GROW UP. Take defeat like a man and earn the respect from the rest of the locker room. A real hero needs that respect. A real hero, whether anti or not, thrives off that respect. The only person who trudges along and doesn't need nor want it, the only person who claims they are the best yet can't get one vote from his peers, is a HEEL. The same type of tendencies you claim that I some how own, yet I beg of you, ask THEM. Ask your peers in Sin City Wrestling who they would rather have on their side. A man who works hard to please the people paying to see him, even if he has an ego the size of Trinidad, or the CRY BABY who quits the company when he can't win a match. We'll see what the answers are…

So go ahead. Say what you want about me. I don't care if my promo is airing days before yours. Take all you want and use it against me. Talk all the trash you need and tell everyone how you’re gonna break my neck or my back or whatever it is that you think makes you sound cool. It doesn’t matter. You don’t have the one thing you need to beat me ONE ON ONE in a title match. You don’t have any heart."

October 2nd, 2013 – Bakersfield, California – 4:45 PM

[The door on the yellow cab slams shut as Drake walks around the car. He is wearing dark jeans, darker boots, and a red and white flannel shirt. His hair is a bit unkempt and greasy and his beard is finally all grown in. He slings the strap of his black duffel bag over his shoulder and leans forward as he pays the driver for his ride. He stands up and as the cab drives away we can see the house standing in front of Drake. A small colonial that is gray in color with blue shudders in front and a long gravel driveway that runs up the hill that the house sits at the bottom. He fixes his bag on his shoulder and starts to head down the hill. The gravel cracks beneath his boots as he walks. He checks his platinum watch, which doesn’t seem to fit his rustic attire, as he makes his way down to the front of the porch. He steps up. His feet knock and creek on the old porch as he makes his way to the front door. As he gets there, he drops his black duffel back at his boots and takes a deep breath, closing his eyes as he exhales.]

Drake: Here we go…

[He speaks to himself as he raises his arm and knocks on the screen door. After a moment, a silver-haired woman comes to the door. She has a white button up shirt on with a smaller leather vest that sits unbuttoned over her shirt. She has blue jeans and dark colored boots on. An unsurprised look comes over her face as she greets her guest.]

Phyllis: You look just like your father.

Drake: Hello, Phyllis.

Phyllis: What are you doing here, Drake?

Drake: Just wanted to say hey.

Phyllis: Yes I suppose you are. Jenny ain’t her ya know. She’s at work.

Drake: You actually got her to work?

[She cracks a small smile and then quickly wipes it away.]

Phyllis: I told her. She wanted to come back here she had to pay rent. Get a job and have some semblance of responsibility in her life.

Drake: Good. That’s good. How about you? You’ve been getting the money I’ve been sending you?

Phyllis: Yeah I got it. And I still got it. Been waiting for a chance to give it back to you.

Drake: Phyllis-

[She cuts him off.]

Phyllis: I don’t want it, Dickey. I know where it comes from and it ain’t welcome around here.

Drake: Where it comes from? Christ, Phyllis…I’m not a drug dealer.

[She stares at him for a second.]

Drake: You gonna let me in or what? I need a drink.

Phyllis: All we got is coffee here. And you’re welcome to as much of it as you like. Come on in.

[She finally steps back and lets Drake inside of the door and in to Phyllis’ home. He drops his bag just inside of the door and walks in through her living room. He takes a long look around the room as it had been years since he had been inside of Phyllis’ home. It seems to be exactly how he remembers it. The long and wide plank floor still has the same rustic look to it. The green couch across from the fireplace is still there with the same thin layer of dust it had on it some years ago. He walks up to the fireplace, and looks at the framed pictures sitting on top of the mantle. One of Jenny, one of Phyllis’ parents. One of Drake’s father with Phyllis on what appears to be their wedding day and then finally, one that sort of surprises Drake. A picture of three siblings; Nick, Drake, and Jenny. All are younger children in the picture, Drake couldn’t have been older than seven.]

Phyllis: I took that picture.

Drake: I don’t remember it.

Phyllis: Your father wanted a picture of the three of yas that he could keep in his locker. He asked me to take one for him. That was it.

Drake: It’s a great picture.

[Drake turns around to Phyllis.]

Drake: How ‘bout that coffee?

[The camera cuts to Drake and Phyllis, sitting at her kitchen table drinking coffee. Her kitchen is very white. With white cabinets and a white appliances, it nearly has a hospital feel to it. The two drink their coffee in near silence before Phyllis finally breaks it.]

Phyllis: How’s that crazy old Maxwell doing?

Drake: Maxy? He’s doing well. He says hello.

Phyllis: No he doesn’t.

[Drake smirks.]

Drake: No…he doesn’t.

Phyllis: You doing ok? Jenny read some stuff on that internet about you being hurt. Something to do with your ribs…

Drake: Yeah, I’m ok.

Phyllis: She looks up to you, ya know? She thinks you’re the world.

Drake: I’m nobody’s world, Phyllis.

Phyllis: Just your own, then.

[Drake sets his coffee cup down on the table.]

Drake: You mind if I take a load off for a bit?

Phyllis: How long you planning on staying, Drake?

Drake: Just til Sunday.

[Phyllis stares at him for a moment and then nods.]

Phyllis: You can take the back bedroom over there.

Drake: Thanks.

[Drake stands up and walks his coffee cup over to the sink. He turns back around to say something but Phyllis cuts him off.]

Phyllis: I don’t want that wrestling talk in my house, Dickey. I mean that. You’re more than welcome to stay but we don’t talk that nonsense here.

Drake: Understood, ma’am.

Phyllis: Good. Make sure you take your boots off before you lay in that bed.

Drake: Yes ma’am.

[Drake turns and walks down the hallway and toward the bedroom. He walks inside and shuts the door behind him. He sits down on the bed, unties his boots and slips them off, and then lays down on the bed. He stares straight up at the cracking white ceiling and then shits his eyes.]

”I don’t know what it is about you Kevin. Half of me really admires you. A lot of what you have, I want. I want to be the Heavyweight Champion. I want to have the free spirit that you possess and be able to tell everyone and anyone to go fuck themselves whenever I want. That’s part of what I envy in you. Everyone has great characteristics. Even pieces of shit like you.

The other half of you is what makes me want to step on your neck. I’m not really a violent guy. Truth be told I probably am a lover more than I am a fighter. But something about you brings out the anger and viciousness in me. Not in a bad way. You are my rival. I really believe that its you and me here. Like Shawn and Bret, Duane and Steve, it’ll one day be Kevin and Drake. Those great rivalries have to start somewhere. Did it start in my ‘meaningless’ victory over you? Or did it start when you bested six of the top superstars in SCW, including me, to win that first SCW Heavyweight Championship? I really don’t know. What I do know? That’s easy. We both want to win this one. I’m not entirely sure it’s just because of that title of yours either. Part of me wants to win this one just to say I beat you when it mattered most. I guess we’ll find out soon enough, right?

Just do me a favor. Don’t quit after I beat you. Don’t throw up a shit storm and complain on twitter and all of that. You’re better than that. When I win I’ll be looking forward to that return match just as much as you, if not more. Because to me, beating you is like winning a whole new Championship. It’s like taking that annoying fly that buzzes around your head on a hot summer night and smacking it down, killing it in the process. I’m going to own you Kevin. Not just in Trinidad but every time you step in to a six-sided SCW ring, I’ll be there. I hope you enjoy your second two week title reign because it’s just about half way over.”

[END FEED.]

The most magical, the most fantastical Showstopper of all time...

Former SCW World Heavyweight Champion

[4x]
Former SCW Roulette Champion [1x]

Twitter: @The_RealDG

Offline Kevin Carter

• View Profile
    • Kevin Carter
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 09:20:58 PM »

\'user

ALL ABOUT THE HIGH STAKES
›› prologue ‹‹

Two weeks ago Kevin Carter had no idea if he'd even be going to compete at High Stakes III for Sin City Wrestling. After all that had transpired when it came to losing his title, then he disappeared vowing to never return, only for him to return and let the world know that he'd be cashing in on his rematch clause against Goth. That's when everyone saw the main event of the last Climax Control being Kevin Carter versus Goth for the SCW Heavyweight Championship in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match. In that match The Main Attraction gave it everything he had. He refused to fall short and he was a man on a mission. Claiming that he was going to right the wrong that was done to him. In the end after beating the hell out of each other, busting each other open, and taking some of the biggest risks ever seen. Kevin Carter managed to become just the second man in SCW history to hold the SCW Heavyweight Championship on two separate occasions.

With that being said, Kevin would be going into Highstakes III as the SCW Heavyweight Championship and that meant only one thing. It meant that Kevin would be defending his newly won championship against Drake Green – something that had been announced earlier in the night by Christian Underwood. Not that it came off as a surprise to Kevin but that's something that he would get into at a different time and when it mattered the most. Never the less though, the match was official. These two were no strangers to each other and on countless occasions, Kevin has made it clear he didn't like Drake. In fact he hated everything about the guy because all he did was contradict himself. He was a fake. He was a phony. He was someone that couldn't be true to himself and that's just some of the reasons Kevin couldn't stand him. One could only imagine that when these two actually hooked up in the ring this Sunday it was going to be explosive.

But which one of them will leave with the convent prize that is the SCW Heavyweight Championship? Can Kevin continue his run and show he isn't a flash in the pan? Or will Drake finally achieve greatness and take a hold of the one thing he's wanted ever since he walked through the doors of SCW? It's one of those situations where you just can't predict, but what we do know is it's going to be a match that lives within SCW history and it's going to be all about the high stakes!

IS THIS THE END
›› scene one ‹‹

October 1st, 2013
Tuesday Morning
Home

Two days before this day Kevin Carter had made his return to Sin City Wrestling. It was in the main event of Climax Control and for the SCW Heavyweight Championship. Kev laid it all on the line in the Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match to become only the second man in history to be a two time SCW Heavyweight Champion. It was such a thrill and it made his night as many would have expected. After that night Kevin left Barbados and may would assume that he was headed on home. Instead though he found himself in Vegas for a few days.

That was until this morning, he found himself walking into the door of his Los Angeles home. He looked around for a moment or two before shutting the door behind him. With his bags in hand he made his way up the steps that would lead him to the second story of his home. Walking down the long hallway until he found himself walking into the master bedroom. He set his bags down on the floor before he walked over and flopped down on his bed.

He found himself getting comfortable when all of the sudden he heard foot steps and those foot steps just happened to belong to none other than his future bride to be, Amy Marshall. She looked over at him sprawled out on their bed. It didn't take her very long at all to break the silence that was in the room.

▫ AMY MARSHALL: It's about time you came home.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Had things to handle. Business related stuff.

▫ AMY MARSHALL: Is that so? What kind of business stuff if you don't mind me asking?

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Actually I do mind Amy, I don't go butting into your business. You do what you want to do and I never question it. I never snoop around. I never butt into your business. So don't do it to me.

▫ AMY MARSHALL: I'm not trying to argue with you Kevin.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Good, because it wouldn't get you very far anyway.

He was now sitting up looking at her as it was pretty obvious he was annoyed with her at this point. This wasn't what he wanted to deal with upon returning home. Didn't seem like he had much of a choice at this point.

▫ AMY MARSHALL: But there is something that's been bothering me that I want to talk about.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Oh Jesus Christ... what now?

▫ AMY MARSHALL: I want to know what that was all about at Climax Control. I was legit trying to have a conversation with you and try to figure out what's going on in our relationship because I feel like it's falling apart and you want to stand there and dismiss me like I didn't matter at all. That really bothered me.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Yeah, well my suggestion to you is to get over it Amy. I'm sorry that I don't feel like talking about my relationship with cameras rolling and when we're on television. That's not how I want to do things. What goes on between us is between us. Not to mention you asked at the worse possible time I was focused on winning back my championship. That was a little more important.

▫ AMY MARSHALL: Fifteen pounds of gold is more important than the woman you are set to marry in two months? Fucking wow!

▫ KEVIN CARTER: See, this is why. This is exactly why I don't like having these kind of conversations with you. You overreact to everything and it turns into an argument that I don't want to deal with. You clearly don't understand how important my career is to me, but then again it's no real surprise at all considering you have yet to support me or believe in me this entire time.

▫ AMY MARSHALL: Oh my fucking god. You can't be serious right now! I haven't supported you?! I haven't believed in you?!

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Don't bother to justify it now Amy, it's been clear this entire time... You know what better yet don't say anything at all. It's clear that it was even a mistake for me to come back home. I'm just going to take my ass right back to Vegas. That's feeling more and more like home as the time goes on.

With that being said he forced himself up off the bed and started to grab his bag once again. He was going to make his way towards the door but Amy was making sure that she blocked it. She was about to release a bombshell on him and one could tear their relationship apart more than it seemed to be in the first place. Kevin glared as she blocked his way out.

▫ AMY MARSHALL: Who the hell is she Kevin?!

▫ KEVIN CARTER: What the fuck are you talking about now Amy?

▫ AMY MARSHALL: Don't play me like I'm stupid Kevin. I catch things on twitter. I've seen the text messages. I've seen the emails. I've noticed the change in attitude. Who the hell is she?

▫ KEVIN CARTER: You've been going through my shit?!

▫ AMY MARSHALL: I wouldn't have to go through anything that belonged to you if I could trust you and if our relationship wasn't falling apart the way it was. Now are you going to continue to ignore my question? I demand to know who she is. I want to know why this bitch has come between us and I want to know right this second.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: You want to know who she is huh? Want to know why she's tearing us apart eh? Fine, I'll give you everything you want to know Amy and I don't give two fucks if this hurts your feelings or not.

He glared at her a little more. He was about to let so much truth come pouring out of his mouth, and it was going to hurt her feelings. He knew it. He could feel it. He could sense it but she had no one to blame but herself for this.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: First and foremost her name is Savannah. Secondly, she's not the one that's tearing our relationship apart. You are the one that's doing so. You didn't believe in me. You didn't support me when I needed it the most. Instead of whining and crying about it like a bitch, I was a man and I went out and go what I needed elsewhere.

▫ AMY MARSHALL: So, you threw away everything we've had for the last year?! Instead of talking to me and trying to fix things, you just cast me aside for the net whore that'll show you a little bit of attention. How the hell is that fair to me?! How the hell is that fair to us?! How the hell is that fair to our relationship?!

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Go ahead Amy, blame me all you want. Say that this is my fault. Pin it all on my shoulders. Whatever the hell makes you feel better and can help you sleep at night. Fact will still remain this this is your fault, but to make things fair to you. To make things easier for you. To make things easier for me. Allow me to say this... there's no need to worry about our relationship anymore, no need to worry about this up and coming marriage.

▫ AMY MARSHALL: What the hell is that supposed to mean?!

Kevin just looked at her shaking his head a little bit as he pushed his way right past her and headed out of the bedroom. He started his way down the hall of his home. This hallway seemed so much longer than usual as he could hear Amy screaming his name and trying to get him to stop. Yet Kevin just kept walking. He walked down the steps and right out the front door without so much a looking back. That alone should have explained a lot and that should have said a lot. Right back into his car he climbed as he pulled out of the driveway and set his sights on the LAX airport because he was going back to where he felt important to someone. Vegas here he comes.

STRAIGHT SHOOTING
›› scene two ‹‹

October 4th, 2013
Friday Night
Las Vegas Gym

It was about week and a few days away from High Stakes III. With that being said Kevin Carter – the now two time SCW Heavyweight Champion was preparing for many called the fight of his life and the biggest match within his career within Sin City Wrestling. Against a man that Kevin had come to hate and that man being Drake Green. Now with that match drawing closer, Kevin found himself preparing for that match because he didn't want any hang ups and he didn't want any excuses when that match ended. That's exactly why he found himself sweating from head to toe in one of his favorite gyms in Las Vegas, Nevada. No doubt he was pushing himself to the limits and that's what he needed to do in order to keep things going in his favor.

With that being said though Kevin decided to take matters into his own hands and by that we meant Kevin decided to pull out his iPhone. After hitting the camera button to bring it up. He made sure the cameras lense was on him as he hit record. From this moment on Kevin was going to speak with purpose. He was going to speak with determination. He was going to speak with desire and he was going to make sure how he felt got out there perfectly regardless of who it might rub the wrong way and the problems it could cause.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Well I did it... I did it a second time. When next to no one believed in me. When everyone turned their backs on me. When the management had gotten their way and assumed I couldn't overcome the odds. I do what I do best and I prove people wrong. I went out there last Climax Control and I stole the show. I overcame every odd that was placed in front of me. I beat the piss right out of Goth and I took back MY SCW Heavyweight Championship. The thing that I had worked the hardest for is finally back in my grasp and I don't intend on letting it go anywhere anytime soon.

Now I could only imagine how much that pisses off someone like Christian Underwood. I mean wasn't it him that declared that he disliked me because I made things up and that I quote unquote a sore loser. Wasn't it him that told the entire world that basically he didn't believe I had what it took to win the title. I mean he did say IF I win the title. That right there says enough. And more importantly, wasn't he the one that said IF I did when the title that he'd be the first one to shake my hand and say congratulations? Well clearly he threw that bet out there because he didn't believe I was going to win in the first place.

With a small shake of his head and a sarcastic little chuckle, Kevin let it be known how he felt.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Don't worry though Christian, I won't make you shake my hand or make you say congratulations. Mainly because I don't believe a fucking word that comes out of your mouth. Not to mention, I'd tell you to that that congrats as well as the handshake and shove it right up your ass. Which honestly dude is a step up from the things you're used to having shoved up there. You know things such as Drake Green's dick. Seems like he's the fudgepacking type and you seem like a bitch that would just bend over and take it. Kind of makes sense when you think about it considering what you said in that little 'promo' of yours at Climax Control.

From those few words that Kevin had expressed, it was going to have the hair on the ends of people's neck standing up when they got to see this video. All because the Main Attraction clearly knew what he was doing and knew what direction he was going in. He would obtain their attention and that's what he wanted the most.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: You announced to the entire world that I'd be taking on Drake Green at High Stakes III if I won the title this past Climax Control. Well here I am the champion and that's the match that's been booked. Although, like with Goth. He's done nothing to deserve a title match. He hasn't won a number one contenders match. He hasn't faced or defeated anyone within the last couple of weeks that's been in contention for the title. He's getting everything handed to him on a silver platter much like Goth did and honestly, now that my eyes have been opened up to how things work around here. It doesn't surprise me. It doesn't surprise me one fucking bit.

Truth be told Christian, deep down in your gut you knew that Goth was going to fail you. You knew that Goth wasn't going to be able to defeat me and keep his run going when you saw how furious I was and when you saw that I was coming back with revenge on my mind. You knew he'd cave and that's why you fell back on Drake. That's when you went to the guy that hasn't let you down. That's when you went to the last guy that defeated me in the middle of the ring one on one that wasn't Goth. That of course being Drake Green.

And you know the saddest part about all of that Christian? You make it painfully obvious that you are on his dick. You make it painfully obvious you prefer him over me. Take three weeks ago as an example, I wasn't even in the company as far I was concerned. I made that perfectly clear and what did you do? You booked me on the card against Drake... something that wasn't even cleared with Mr. Hot Stuff in the first place. Then again, I guess it's always been a problem for you to play second fiddle to Mark. He's always been looked at as the man in charge and the authoritative figure while no one bothered to look your way once in that light.

Kevin would give a small shrug of his shoulders to pretty much give the “no fucks” given kind of attitude. He knew what he was doing though when it came to attacking Christian and his manhood. He was asking for trouble and he was embracing it.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Point is though Christian, you make it obvious on how badly you prefer Drake over me and when that match a few weeks ago got revoked. You just had to rebook it when the chance occurred. Only difference is this time around you did it when you knew there was a chance for Drake to win the SCW Heavyweight Championship. Least in your opinion and even in Drake's opinion, y'all think there's a chance for him to walk out with the championship but you couldn't be anymore wrong than what you are right now. But soon enough you're going to find that out on your owns. Thanks to a little help from me.

He wasn't quite there with what he wanted to say, but there lied the craft. Kevin learned a long time ago that patience was a virtue and he learned that building things up added to the suspense. It made people to tune in more and made people give more of their attention.  All about the story telling and there was quite a story to tell here.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: You know Drake, I'm going to go ahead and be a straight shooter with you. I haven't liked you since the day you walked into the doors of Sin City Wrestling. I had a reason not to like you. You came in and you acted just like me. You acted like you were the best. You acted like you had it all figured out. You thought you were the greatest looking guy in the world. You thought you had the ability to pull any woman you wanted and you thought that it was just a matter of time till you had a stranglehold on Sin City Wrestling's most prized possession. I'm not exactly fond of people ripping me off to a tee, but I was fair. I was prepared to give you a chance. I wanted to see what you had in the ring.

And that's when you really let me down. I wasn't sold on anything you did in that ring. As a matter of fact you looked greener than goose shit out there. You looked lost most of the time. You looked like you had no business being in the ring at all, especially for someone that's got wrestling in their blood. Yet somehow someway you managed to bring it together in the end long enough to win. Now because of that maybe I made a huge mistake in doubting you in our first meeting. Maybe, I thought because I saw what was wrong with you that I could swing it all in my favor and put a punk kid in his place. However it didn't work the way I wanted it to. You caught me slipping and you gained a victory over me that you didn't deserve, but I never really had a problem with it. Because I knew eventually I'd avenge that loss.

Sure enough at Summer XXXTreme II, I proved to all of Sin City Wrestling that I was THE best this place had to offer. I defeated FIVE of the best this place had to offer in one night to become champion for the first time. As much as you don't want to admit it and as much as you hate to face those facts. I beat you Drake. I ended your dream of becoming SCW Heavyweight Champion once before. I did what you wanted to do so badly and I am sure that it's ate away at you ever since. Not only did I end that dream and make it my own reality, but I did what you couldn't do when you beat me the first time. I beat you when it actually mattered and that's what people actually remember compared to that little win of yours. Something that I am sure has burned your ass ever since.

There was some chuckling coming from The Main Attraction at that very moment. Obviously he was very confident in himself which there was nothing wrong even if there was others would disagree with it.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: From that night on, you vowed to never come up short again. You vowed that you'd make me pay. You even vowed to be the person to defeat me for the championship. Granted, it would be Goth that beat you to the punch but we all know how that story came about and clearly we know how it ended or we wouldn't find ourselves in the position that we are in right now. However the funniest part in this situation Drake is the fact that I know every single thing you've got to say about me. You'll bring up that one victory you have over me. In fact that's going to be one of your biggest selling point. You'll hold onto that as if it's the only thing you've got to hold onto because you want it to stick out and you want people to remember it. You want people to associate that with this match and you want people to hold onto that as the golden ticket to why you're going to beat me. Hold onto it much like you're holding onto it.

But it won't end just there though. Oh no, of course not. Not with you. You'll jump right into the next thing. I know that you're going to throw the Goth thing in my face. Something that any average joe would do because it was such a set back for me as a wrestler. It ruined my first reign as champion. It made it forgettable at best. Something I can't undo. Then of course you'll switch it up with calling me a sore loser. You'll talk about how I took my ball and ran home. You'll talk about how I don't deserve to be champion now because of the way I acted and the way I carried myself. You'll talk about how you would never be that guy. Basically, you'll trash me every single way that possibly can when it comes to the things I have done in the last month just for some kind of hope that it'll work out for you.

Like I said Drake, I know everything you have to say about me and I know how far you're going to go with things. Whether it's by your hand or with Christian feeding you into your head. Now because I know all of this and because I know you're going to be a broken record. I'm not too worried about the insults that are going to come out of your mouth. I'm not worried about people jumping on the bandwagon and siding with you over me. I'm not even in the slight bit worried about anything that deals with you.

There was a small shake of his head at that moment. Surely that was something that would get under Drake's skin, but honestly that's what he was aiming for. That's what he was shooting for. He had no shame in going right after Drake and pissing him off beyond belief. After all that's what was going to make this match that much better.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: But you know something Drake... After the way you've presented yourself. After all that you've done. After all that you've said. After every single position that you've found yourself in. It truly does surprise me how much you're acting like a bitch. I mean ever since this match was announced all you have done is whine, cry, and bitch like a woman. Seriously, what could you have to be upset about? What could you have to be pissy about? What could be so bad that it's forcing you to bitch? You got handed a title match or as JJ Dixon puts it. You got a championship match giftwrapped with a pretty bow placed on top of it given to you. You'd think you'd be happy. You think you'd be excited. You figured you'd be in a cheerful mood. You didn't have to do anything to get a title shot, it was just given to you but no you want to whine and cry.

For what? Because, I didn't want to face you a few weeks ago? Newsflash as I done said dipshit. That match wasn't even approved in the first place and at that time I wasn't even with the company. So, get the fuck over it and stop acting like a little girl. But maybe just maybe that's not the issue. Maybe it has everything to do with the fact that I decided that I didn't want to follow you on twitter. I wasn't aware that we were in High School. I wasn't aware that if I didn't follow you because I didn't want to see your bullshit when I actually logged onto my account would cause you so much physical, mental, and emotional distress. I wish that I could say sorry, but truth is I'm not. If you let something like that bother you so much. Then not only are you a bitch, but you don't deserve to be in this business at all. It's time that for once in your life Drake. You grow a set and act like a man. I know that's going to be hard for you to do, but it's about time.

One of the worse things you could do to a man is question their manhood. It did things to a man that couldn't be put into words and no doubt when this got out to the public. When it was something that Drake saw it was going to piss him off and send him over the edge but as it had already been established. That wasn't something that Kevin cared about in the least bit.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: I have made it clear that from the start Drake, I didn't like you. I didn't like the way you came into this company. I didn't like the way you carried yourself. I didn't like the way how you basically ripped me off from head to toe. I didn't like the way how you carried yourself like you were worth a fuck. It didn't matter to me where you were before you came to SCW, that was completely and utterly irrelevant. I didn't like the way you thought that you were the best and I didn't like the way how you thought you'd be at the top of this company within a matter of weeks after you walked in. I sure as hell didn't like the hypocrite nature either. You'd say you were good guy. You'd act like you were about the people and then you'd turn into this egotistical jackass. I don't have a problem with you being a jackass. I don't have a problem with you being a good guy. But don't be a hypocrite be who you are and that's that.

However the thing that pissed me off most about you is the fact that you showed me no respect from day fucking one. I am legend in this business. I'm an icon in this business. I'm a veteran in this business. Had you bothered to look into my past and the things that I have accomplished long before I ever made it to SCW then you would know exactly what I'm talking about. You would have seen that disrespecting me from the start wasn't the smartest thing you ever done. In fact it was the worse thing you could have done with your career here in SCW. But what was done was done, there was no undoing it. There was no fixing what you had done. There was no way that we would ever fix this thing between you and I. It's going to be like this until one of us leaves this business or at least this company.

I do want you to understand this much though Drake, the day that you disrespected me. The day you spit in my face and spit on my legacy. The day that you decided to think that you were better than me is the day that you sealed your fate with me and I won't rest until I teach you a lesson in respect. I won't rest until I put you in your place. You got that one victory over me, because you caught me slipping but I can guarantee you that it won't ever happen again. Much like I can guarantee you that every single thing that's about to be coming your way at High Stakes III is exactly what you deserve to happen to you and that you have no one to blame for it other than yourself.

For a second or two there was a pause as Kev looked at the camera on his phone. He was letting a smirk form across his lips at that moment before he started to speak his final words of this very promo. Those words that would likely cut right through Drake Green and his ego like a knife.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: And just in case you aren't getting it. In case you don't know how to read between the lines. In case you don't know how to put two and two together. Allow me to make it perfectly clear to you Drake, I am counting you out. I am saying you aren't in my league. I am saying you can't beat me, and I am saying that I'm better than you. When High Stakes III comes to an end next Sunday Night, I am going to be the man leaving with the SCW Heavyweight Championship... Deal with it!

With that being said Kevin gave a small wink into the camera on his phone before he hit the stop recording button. Once he emailed this to the people in charge of SCW and it got added on their website. It was going to create one hell of a buzz and it was going to create all kins of issues going into this match at High Stakes III. Obviously Kevin was confident in himself. Obviously he was prepared for the fallout and he was prepared for the turmoil that was going to come with all of this. In fact the reason he wanted all this to unravel and be a big issue is because that way when he did come out on top. It meant a lot more and there would be no questioning of anything.

But that was still little over a week away. He had plenty of time to make this bigger than what it was. He had plenty of time to push the buttons once again. He had plenty of time to cross more lines to get this on the level he wanted it to be on. For now though his attention was going to go right back on training. He would toss his cell phone right down into his gym bag as he walked on over to the nearest weight bench and begin to get himself in position. One way or another going into High Stakes III he was going to be at the top of his game and he was going to make sure he was impossible to stop. It certainly wasn't going to be a match that anyone wanted to miss.

THE OPINIONS OF THE BLIND
›› scene three ‹‹

October 6th, 2013
Sunday Afternoon
Meet & Greet Session

It was officially one week away till SCW's High Stakes III event. Over the next week there was going to be a bunch of stuff going on for the stars of the company. Lots of promotional work before they all found themselves heading to Trinidad. Speaking of which the man called the Main Attraction and the biggest star in Sin City Wrestling right now the SCW Heavyweight Champion, Kevin Carter would be doing his first media appearance over in the states. More specifically over in Vegas – to make things easier for him for the time being. Today was going to be a Meet and Greet in which Kevin just happened to drag the mystery woman from Vegas he'd been seeing, Savannah.

Both sat there at a table while there was a long line of fans just waiting to meet with the company. Kevin looked over at Savannah with a bit of a smirk featured on hi face as he could tell that she looked a little nervous. Only for him to ask the obvious at hand.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Nervous?

▫ SAVANNAH A'COSTA: A little bit.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Don't be. You're going to be a natural. All you really got to do is sit there and look hot.

▫ SAVANNAH A'COSTA: I do that twenty four seven three sixty five.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: That you do... wouldn't even begin to argue with that fact.

After those words Kevin looked forward at the security guards that were looking over the line of fans. That's when he made a motion with his fingers to start letting them in. Sure enough that's what they did as the first fan of the day came walking up to the table. He looked like he was maybe sixteen years old. Kevin extended his hand to greet the kid as there was a brief handshake among the two of them.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: 'Sup kid? What's your name?

▫ TEENAGE MALE FAN #1: My name is Ethan! Dude, I so don't want to sound like a mark or anything, but it is such an honor to be able to meet you. I have been such a fan for so many years. From the WWER days to that short lived run in WWOW till now in SCW.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Glad to know I've got myself a lifer of a fan. So, what's the question you want to ask me? Surely, it's got to be a good one.

▫ TEENAGE MALE FAN #1: Well, the question I have is what's going on with you and the management of SCW? Is that a legit thing? Like actual beef between you and the two men running the company? Or is that just a storyline?

▫ KEVIN CARTER: I am a great story teller, and I wish I could tell you that this is all about of SCW programming but that's not the case. There's some legit heat between myself and the men running the company more specifically Christian Underwood. While I have no actual proof that I was screwed over or anything, I do know it happened. I can feel it in my gut and the way that Underwood acted on this previous Climax Control with his little promo. It speaks volumes as far as I am concerned. I see this going on for a while because I refuse to be treated the way I have been so far.

▫ TEENAGE MALE FAN #1: Wow, that's insane man. Do you mind if I ask just one more question?

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Sure thing dude, go right away. Anything for the people that actually support me.

▫ TEENAGE MALE FAN #1: If things get too far out of hand, do you think there's ever going to be a time or a place where you and Christian meet in the center of the ring to ya know settled your differences? I've seen Mark handle his differences with several stars before that way.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Well that's because Mark has two things that Christian doesn't have which is a spine and a set of balls. I might not like Mark. I sure as hell don't trust him, but he's the less evil of the two and he isn't afraid to step into the ring with someone when things go too far. Personally, I don't see Christian and I getting into the ring with each other no matter how bad things get. Based on the simple fact that Christian is a coward. He'd rather sit behind his desk and run his mouth like he's a hot shot that get in the ring when he's ran his mouth one too many times. But I tell you this much, why I don't see is stepping into the ring with each other. If Christian goes too far with me or pushes me behind my limit. I'll have no problem punching him in the mouth. He just better hope it never comes to that.

▫ TEENAGE MALE FAN #1: Yeah, sounds like it could be a bad day for him indeed. Never the less man, thanks for letting you meet me and I wish you nothing but the best of luck at High Stakes III!

Once again the two of the shook hands while the teenager walked away allowing the next fan to come up. This time it just happened to be an older woman. She was most likely in her late thirties possible early forties. Never the less Kevin extended his hand to greet her and right away the lady was inappropriate with her comments.

▫ OLDER WOMAN: Damn, you look much better in person.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Haha, why thank you ma'am. I certainly aim to please.

▫ OLDER WOMAN: Oh you please, you please in more ways than one. By the way who's the skank?!

▫ SAVANNAH A'COSTA: Excuse me, what the...

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Woah, easy. Easy calm down there Sav.

Kevin was quick to turn to her and calm her down. The last thing he needed was her flying off the handle at an event like this and putting her job as his manager at risk already. Savannah would sit back in her chair folding her arms across her chest glaring at the older woman.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Excuse me man, with the up most respect I would like to request that you show some respect if you're going to greet me. Savannah here is my manager now. She's going to be with me at every single show from here on out. She's actually very good at her job and I can see myself benefiting from having a manager.

▫ OLDER WOMAN: Ahhh I see... well if you want my opinion, I think you are much better without having some Jezebel following you around. You're better than that and don't need someone like that, but it's your career.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Thank you for your concern, but you're right. It's my career therefore I am going to do exactly what I want to do when I want to do it and how I want to do it. I'm a smart business man. I know when I benefit from something and when I don't. Now with that being said do you actually have a question for me?

▫ OLDER WOMAN: Actually yes I do, I was wondering if you feel that Christian Underwood made the right call in announcing Drake Green as the man that you'd be facing at High Stakes III with the title on the line?

▫ KEVIN CARTER: No, I don't think that was the right call to make. Much like it wasn't the right call to make the I was forced to defend the title against Goth. You see all Christian is doing is making it rather obvious that he as a problem with me. He's making it rather obvious that he doesn't like me and he's making it rather obvious that he doesn't want me in any kind of position around here in SCW. Dude, would fire me if he could but that would be a breach of contract and I'd sue him along with SCW for everything they are worth. So therefore he's going with the next best thing of screwing me over and stacking the odds against me. That's all this is. Along with the fact he's making it clear he favors Drake Green over everyone else on the roster. Therefore showing bad management skills. It's all good, it's going to blow up in Christian's face soon enough.

▫ OLDER WOMAN: How so?

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Simple miss, I am going to have it blow up in his face by beating his hand picked man. His golden child in the center of the ring next Sunday. See, the thing about all of this is Christian was slick when he screwed me over with Goth. I never expected it. I never saw it coming. It was easy for him to screw me out of the championship once before. But now that I'm open to what's taking place. Now that I can see what's going on. Now that I am aware of what's going on. I am more than capable of stopping his plan. I did it when he didn't want me to leave last Sunday as champion when I faced Goth, I'll be able to do it again. Only difference between this time and last time is I hate Drake Green with a passion. I am going to enjoy beating the piss out of him. I'm going to enjoy making him bleed. I'm going to enjoy crushing his dreams and goals. I'm going to enjoy proving to him that he just isn't good enough once again and that's how it's going to all blow up in Christian's face.

▫ OLDER WOMAN: Hm, well that's one way of putting it and I don't doubt you for one single solid second. Can't wait to see you in action. Rock hard abs, sweat dripping down them...

▫ SAVANNAH A'COSTA: Yeah, beat it before I break your face!

The Older Woman just looked at Savannah for a moment before finally walking off. Kevin sat there in his seat shaking his head a little bit and laughing it off. He kind of thought it was cute and attractive all at the same time to see that Savannah was getting this worked up. This quickly over the situation at hand. About that time two more fans started to walk up to them. They were both teenager boys and from the shirt that one of them was wearing - that being a Drake Green t-shirt. Kevin knew how this was going to end up going for him.

▫ TEENAGE MALE FAN #2: Well, well look what we have here. If it isn't the biggest joke on the entire Sin City Wrestling roster. The guy that claims he's the Main Attraction of SCW. Yet not a single person actually pays or wants to see him.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Says the kid that went out of his way to come to a Meet and Greet involving me instead of one that was being hosted by his little idol Drake Green... See how easily it was for me to make you look stupid. Now c'mon now kid, you need to be smarter than that. Are you here to ask an actual question or are you just here to hope that your trolling attempts work out for you?

▫ TEENAGE MALE FAN #3: Guess it's true what they say about you after all, you're nothing more than a giant touche.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: No more of a giant douche than the one your mother uses to cleanse out the gaping hole between her legs, seriously guys? Are we going to do this all night? Or am I just going to have security throw you on out of the building?

▫ TEENAGE MALE FAN #2: You would be a bitch about things. No wonder why people prefer Drake over you, but I've got a question for you. What exactly is going to be your excuse when Drake defeats you in the middle of the ring for the second time in a one on one match and becomes the new SCW Heavyweight Champion?

Kevin sat there looking at the two of them for a moment or two. He had the most serious and straight face that he could give. It didn't last very long though before he broke down into hysterical laughter that was over the top. Clearly, Kevin was being quite the smart ass and sure enough it was getting under the skin of both fans that were standing there before him.

▫ TEENAGE MALE FAN #3: What the heck is so funny?!

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Really? You two don't get why I'm laughing? Really? I guess I shouldn't be surprised you're Drake Green fans and you're about as dense as they come... but to be serious for a moment and to ask your rather hysterical question. I say this, I won't have an excuse to give - because one, I don't give excuses. I have never made an excuse a day in my life. I always call it like I see it. And secondly, there's not a chance in hell that Drake is going to defeat me for my championship. If you use the one win he had on me months ago as a crutch to support your decision then you're stupider than the two of you look.

▫ TEENAGE MALE FAN #2: Oh and now you're going insult us even more? You're going to insult paying fans? Wow, what a role model you are.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: You confuse me with someone that tried to be a role model in the first place. That's not something that's up my alley. It never has been and it never will be. And I'm sorry that you take it as an insult. I only thought I was speaking the truth. Never the less, I couldn't care less how you take it and how you don't take. You aren't any fans of mine and you crossed the line first. Either put your big boy pants on and deal with it or go running to your mommys, like I said I don't care either way.

▫ TEENAGE MALE FAN #3: Go to our mothers? Are you serious dude? You must be out of touch big time with how things work now days with kids, but then again it wouldn't surprise me with you slowly but surely becoming older than dirt. But whatev, I have a question for you. How does it feel knowing that despite holding that title. Despite what you claim when it comes to Drake, despite what you say about the company. That you aren't the man but instead you're just a spoke in the wheel that keeps on turning in SCW?

▫ KEVIN CARTER: You know what, I think I'm going to allow my manager to answer this one for me.

▫ SAVANNAH A'COSTA: Well, that's more of an opinion rather than an actual question and it's an opinion that's full of false claims. I'll go ahead and please you two nerds with an answer though. Kevin doesn't feel any kind of way. Because while he may be just another spoke in the wheel that keeps SCW turning. He's the most important spoke in the wheel. Without him SCW would be in a bad position. Kevin is the SCW Heavyweight Champion. That makes him the man around SCW. It makes him the top guy. It makes him the most important thing going in SCW. Something that Drake Green will never ever experience. Something that Goth will never experience again. Something that no other star on the roster will ever experience because there's not a chance that Kevin will ever fall from grace again. He will be the SCW Heavyweight Champion until SCW finally closes it's doors. You don't have to believe it, but rest assure it will happen and then in the end you two will wish that you had shown this man a lot more respect than you have today.

▫ TEENAGE MALE FAN #2: Man, let's get out of here. This cunt's a fucking bitch.

▫ SAVANNAH A'COSTA: Sure am and I'm damn proud of it!

Both of them started to walk away from the table obviously not too pleased with how things had ended up going for them. Kevin shook his head a little bit before looking over at Savannah with that arrogant smirk of his starting to form once again.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: You're a natural just like I said.

▫ SAVANNAH A'COSTA: Well you know how I do. Besides no one messes with you on my watch. It's called have respect for the greatest SCW Heavyweight Champion that ever lived.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: I like your style, I truly do. I knew there was a reason we decided to do this. But after that I'm pretty much over this whole meet and greet thing. How about we blow this Popsicle stand and go get us some lunch. Possibly sushi?

▫ SAVANNAH A'COSTA: You and your raw fish darling, but I'm going to have to agree with you.

There was a brief chuckle as there was clearly a hidden meaning to what Kevin had said. Shouldn't be too hard to tie it all together. Like that the two of them forced themselves up from the table they were sitting at and started to walk away. Sure as one would have expected the fans were confused and they wanted to know what was going on. They had all come to this meet and greet for a reason. Now the champ was just taking off. Maybe Kevin was overreacting by being offended and maybe he was taking it out on all of the people which wasn't right, but he was the champion. He was someone that gave to them every single night and therefore he deserved respect. Surely, this wasn't going to come off well to those that ran the company because it gave them a bad name but when it came to SCW and their management, Kevin didn't give a fuck. Besides there were just some things that were a little more important to him right at this particular time.

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 08:19:55 AM »
 The first RP period is over. All posts following this will be for RP period two.

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline DrakeGreen

• Mr. Showtime
    • View Profile
    • Drake Green
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 04:08:17 AM »
 Family Reunion: Part II

“I'd like to see what it's like in your world, a world where the name Kevin Carter actually means something. A world where you are anywhere near as good as you have built yourself up to be. I do like to give credit where credit is due, but you make it extremely difficult to do so. You ramble on and on about how wonderfully amazing you are and try desperately to discredit me, saying how I am nothing more than a rip off of you. The truth is I am nothing like you. Wrestling aside, there is no part of you that can hold a candle to the caliber of person that I am. I don't feel the need to run my mouth about how great I am, I don't feel the need to tweet incessantly about how cool I am because I do porn or make porn or watch porn or whatever it is you feel that sounds cool.

I'm not an arrogant piece of trash who can't admit when he's beaten. I have an ego, sure. That's no secret. But I have no problem owning up to my defeats just as I do when I celebrate my victories, which by the way, far outweigh the defeats. I don't have the idea in my head that just because I have or have had a title around my waist that I am unbeatable or above the rules. I certainly won't publicly humiliate the woman I claim to love, the woman I plan to marry, and leave her for some adolescent acting whore who quite honestly isn't even appealing to me. I know you can't stand it and refuse to believe it, but I actually do care about the people that cheer for me. They make me believe that I can achieve the highest of goals. They empower me to climb towards the top and I owe a lot of my success to them. And just so we're clear, I like suits. They look good on me and chicks dig them. It has nothing to do with the love I have for my fans, my friends, or my family. Get over it.

You walk around with an air of entitlement that I'm having a hard time understanding. Yeah sure, you are a two-time SCW Heavyweight Champion. But when both of your title reigns are only two weeks long that really isn't something to brag about. And yes, I did say BOTH of your title reigns. You talk about how talented and edgy you are, you talk about how I'm some sort of high school student because I said you un-followed me on twitter when I beat you. If that's the actions of a tenth grader then clearly you are a second grader.

What kind of immature, ignorant person feels the need to resort to homophobic name calling to try and get your point across? Really? I expected so much more from a two-time champion. You're unable to match my promo ability and I get that. It must be frustrating. Having to endure the same interview style promo or being at the gym every time a camera is in front of you must be tough. UNORIGINALITY must suck. But to resort to grade school name calling? Really? You've hit a new low, Carter. And then on top of it all, to start blasting the owner of this company for his sexual orientation, to really believe that is the way to be edgy and rebellious, the way of an ANTI-HERO....that's just SAD.

And to clear the air, so there are no misconceptions or misunderstandings, I've had exactly three conversations with Christian Underwood since joining SCW some few months back and none of them had anything to do with facing you for the SCW Heavyweight Championship at High Stakes III. And if you weren't THAT guy who fast-forwards through all of the results until when he is on camera, you would've realized that it's Hot Stuff Mark Ward who has been pining after me and trying to punish me because I won't join him by his side. Next time you open your mouth, please get your facts straight. Take the time to pay attention to what's going on around you and maybe if you’re lucky enough to have a THIRD title reign, it will last a little longer than TWO WEEKS. I have no idea why Christian Underwood made me the number one contender. I didn't earn it in a match nor am I a former champion who is owed a return match. I was just as surprised as the next guy but that doesn't matter now. This match is happening whether you like it or not and the only thing standing in front of me and between me and MY title is you, a sad excuse for a champion.

I loved how you tried to predict everything I was going to say. I loved how you said I'd harp on my one victory over you and that it would take up half of my promo. Funny thing is, the only time I mentioned it was when I said you would carry on about how it was meaningless... #WINNING

You can try all you want to make people believe you're better than me. You can talk all the nonsense you want about my sexual orientation or how I “fake” my love for the fans. I don't care. You can find and interview all the people you want. Go ahead, go back to my home town and try to find someone who wants to make fun of me. I'm sure it won't be hard. Haters are always gonna hate. It seems like everything you've said about me someone has already said before you. Kind of sounds like some of Damien Kingston's ramblings. Hmmm...

It's pointless. Nothing that comes out of your mouth phases me. None of it holds any weight. None of it matters. You're pathetic and thanks to your amateur promo, everyone else is starting to see it. I can't wait until your next one. Maybe you'll call my mom fat.”

October 2nd, 2013 – Bakersfield, CA – 7:30 PM

[The smell of the crisp fall Northern California air sneaks in through the screen on the slightly opened window. Drake Green, laying on a small twin bed turns over. He pans his eyes around the room. He smiles at the ancient looking, dark wood paneling covering the walls. He sits up on the bed and rubs his face. His hands rub over his beard and he opens his bright green eyes and looks up at the wall again. He notices all of the pictures hanging up and he tilts his head as he looks at them. He notices one on the wall and stands up to look at it. He picks his white t-shirt up off of the chair next to the bed and slides it on over his naked chest. He walks closely up to the picture and picks it up off of the wall. He sees a baby version of his younger sister Jennifer, sitting on his fathers lap. He smiles at the picture before he's interrupted.]

Jenny: Like what you see?

[He turns quickly to see his younger sister, Jenny. She stands a rather tall 5'9, with shoulder length brunette hair. She wears a loose fitting sweatshirt and blue jeans, with black and white Chuck Taylor sneakers. She smiles wide at her older brother and then runs in for a big hug.]

Jenny: Oh my god, it’s been forever! Where the hell have you been?

Drake: Around.

Jenny: Bullshit around!

[Jenny punches him in the arm.]

Drake: You look good.

Jenny: You look like shit. What’s with this beard?

[Jenny grabs Drake by the chin but he shakes her off and laughs for a bit.]

Drake: You, ok?

Jenny: Yeah, I’m good. You?

Drake: Can’t complain.

Jenny: How’s Maxy? He still there babysitting you?

Drake: Of course. He hasn’t changed one bit. Still asking me to say my prayers and eat my vitamins.

Jenny: I’m sure. I’m surprised he let you out of his sight.

Drake: Well you know, I missed my sis. How’s everything with your mom? She still drinking?

Jenny: No actually. She’s been good for over a year now.

[Drake Sits back on the bed.]

Jenny: Soo. How long you in for?

Drake: Just til Sunday I think. Needed to get away for a few days.

Jenny: Max getting on your nerves?

Drake: Actually, no. He’s been pretty cool lately.

[Jenny sits down next to Drake.]

Jenny: What is it then? You never just ‘show up’, Drake.

Drake: Now that you mention it…

Jenny: Yeah?

Drake: I’ve got a pretty big match coming up. I thought I’d maybe invite you guys down for it.

Jenny: Phyllis at a wrestling match? Yeah, ok.

Drake: That’s why I came in person. I thought maybe I could convince her if I was here.

Jenny: Good luck. You can try over dinner. That’s why I came in. Food’s ready.

Drake: Ok. I’ll be right in.

[Jenny puts her hand on Drake’s arm and gives her brother a kiss on the cheek.]

Jenny: It’s good to see you, Drake.

Drake: It’s good to see you too.

[Jenny gets up and walks out of the room and Drake stands up. He walks over to the small desk and picks up his watch, which is laying on top of it. He clasps it on and then grabs his flannel shirt. He slowly buttons up his shirt as he thinks about how he hasn’t seen Jenny in months and he’s glad to be able to be here. He’s glad he has a chance to share what could be one of the most important moments of his career with whatever family he has left. He walks toward the doorway and as he leaves the room he shuts the light and the camera cuts out.]

"I often wonder what it must feel like to be a lame duck and know it. The overwhelming urge you constantly display to tell everyone and everything that will listen that you are so much better than me. But let me ask you one simple question, Kevin. If you really are that much better than me, then why do you have to repeat it all of the time as if you’re trying to convince someone of it. Maybe you’re trying to hide the truth. The thought that must cross your mind over and over each day. The thought that you’re just not that good. Sure you won the title against five of the top wrestlers in the world today. But let’s take a minute and analyze that match.

Nick Jones had it won clear as day. Lucky for you, you were in the right place at the right time. You threw Nick Jones out of the ring and stole his pinfall. Congrats. You snuck your way to a title. However, you did win. So no one can take that away from you. Your first title defense, which was against an “unworthy” challenger. Those are your words not mine, beat you and did it pretty convincingly.  For your second title win, you attacked a Goth who was none the wiser the week before and then were able to sneak out of a hard fought Tables Ladders and Chairs match the following week knowing that you had softened Goth up the week before. Hmmm, pretty convincing stuff Carter.

But even then, you can’t take away those title victories. You’ll be in the history books forever and that is worth more than any of the shit you talk all day. And believe you me, it’s a lot of shit. Take your promo last week by the way. As I alluded to prior, nothing but a long winded diarrhea of the mouth session. I’m gay, Christian’s gay, we’re all gay. Riveting stuff. I bet you were licking your lips when you watching my promo, Kevin. Finally, now you had something worth saying. That’s the problem with people like you. The creativity is so bland that you’re unable to come up with the ideas on your own. You must sit and wait and have something to respond to in order to get a decent piece of promo work out there because let’s face it, your last piece was bush-league at best.

Now now, you are a two time heavyweight champion. You are the man. I get that. You run the show and you call the shots, right? Once again, it must be fascinating to live in a world like the one you have created in your mind. Where anything you say is relevant. So go ahead, make fun of my childhood like I’m sure you are planning. Rip into my dead father or mother or my kid sister in Bakersfield. I don’t care. We all know the only reason why you might have something that is finally interesting to say is because I gave it to you to talk about. I allowed you to do it. Otherwise we’d have to listen to you in the gym and talk in an interview again. I could’ve used the extra sleep again this week but I’d rather you challenge me. I’d rather you find a way to not bore me.

So I’m gonna sit back and enjoy your promo. Go ahead and talk all you want. Your predictability has already amused me once. I’m sure it will do the same again. But Kevin, I assure you, this is not a joke. Come Sunday I will win that title that you so desperately cling to. I will be the next SCW Heavyweight Champion and you will be left to settle in the dust and realize what went wrong. And when you finally realize it, when you finally figure out that the truth is as simple as you just not being good enough, I’ll be there to kick you while you’re down. I’ll be there to win that return match. You better not quit again Carter. You better be man enough to accept this defeat. You better be man enough to get back in the ring with me because I’ll enjoy beating you the third time and the fourth time and hopefully the fifth time. See you on Sunday my brother, don’t forget to polish my belt for me."

[The camera fades back in inside of the kitchen. Drake is sitting at the kitchen table, poking away at his food on the plate. He looks up to see Phyllis staring at him with her dark eyes. He drops his fork gently on the table and cracks a smile at her.]

Drake: Yes?

Phyllis: You don’t like my cooking?

Drake: Just not that hungry I guess.

[Phyllis lets out a condescending sigh before taking a sip of her coffee.]

Jenny: So, Ma. Drake has some pretty big news he says.

Phyllis: Oh yeah? What’s that?

[He shoots his sister Jenny an annoyed look.]

Drake: Well I was gonna wait until after dessert but...umm...I…

Phyllis: Spit it out…

[Drake gives her a long hard stare.]

Drake: I’m wrestling for the Heavyweight championship next Sunday.

Phyllis: We don’ talk wrestling in this house.

[She gets up from the table, bringing her empty plate over to the sink.]

Jenny: Ma…

Drake: I just thought you’d want to know.

Phyllis: Why would I want to know?

Drake: I don’t know, maybe I thought you actually gave a shit about my life.

[Phyllis smirks as she rinses off of her dish.]

Phyllis: Don’t be dramatic like your brother.

Drake: What did you say?

[Phyllis turns off the water and turns back around to face Drake.]

Phyllis: I said don’t be dramatic.

Drake: Look, I came her to offer you guys a plane ticket. I thought you’d want to come be with me. In case I won.

[She lets out a small chuckle.]

Phyllis: You think I’m gonna go watch you in that ring, boy?

Drake: My mistake.

Phyllis: I’ll let you in on a little secret, Dickey. You’re not gonna win. It’d be a waste of my time to come see you.

Drake: What made you so bitter?

Phyllis: None of you were ever any good anyway. Your father or Max. Especially your broth-

[Drake cuts her off.]

Drake: You watch you’re mouth.

Jenny: Guys, stop it.

Phyllis: What? Did I strike a nerve?

Drake: What is with you? All I’ve ever tried to do is be a family with you.

[Phyllis walks up close to Drake.]

Phyllis: You ever stop to think that maybe I don’t wanna be a family? Maybe I don’t want you around me and my daughter? I had to deal with enough of this bullshit with Nicholas and Max. I don’t need it from you either.

Drake: But you got no problem taking my money though?

Phyllis: I didn’t ask for it.

Drake: You didn’t ask for me to stop sending it either.

Phyllis: You’re just like your father you know that. Dumb as a rock.

Drake: I don’t have to take this.

[Drake gets up to leave the kitchen.]

Jenny: Ma, stop it.

Phyllis: That’s right. Run away just like your chicken shit father and brother.

[Drake stops in his tracks. He takes a deep breath and exhales with his eyes closed. He turns back around to Phyllis and walks right up to her and grabs her by the arm.]

Drake: You don’t know anything about my brother! You were too busy drinking away your life to know a god damn thing about him.

[Drake lets go of her arm.]

Phyllis: I knew plenty about him. You know how many times he came here when you weren’t around. How many times he promised to take care of me and Jenny. Just like you do. And then he’d leave. All he wanted was a place to sober up for a few days. Same reason you show up once a year. You’re all the same. Every single one of you Green boys.

Drake: Nick never…

Phyllis: Oh look who doesn’t know a fucking thing now. Do me a favor. Get out of my house. I’ve had enough bullshit from you boys. I’m done.

[Drake looks down at the floor for a moment. He pulls two plane tickets out of his back pocket and drops them down on to the kitchen table.]

Drake: I have the most important match of my career on Sunday and I’m asking you, the only mother I know, to be there for me. Either come or don’t. I really don’t give a shit anymore. But do me a favor if you’re gonna show up, have a fucking drink and lighten the fuck up.

[Drake turns and walks over to the front door. He picks up his big black duffel bag and storms out of the front door. He starts to walk up the steep gravel driveway as he hears his name being called.]

Jenny: Drake! Drake!

[He slowly turns around a feeling of guilt rushes over him.]

Drake: I’m sorry, Jenny. I just can’t take her.

Jenny: I know. Where you gonna go?

Drake: I was gonna grab a hotel room. Thought maybe we could still spend a couple days together.

[Jenny smiles.]

Jenny: You planning on walking there?

Drake: I hadn’t given it much thought actually.

Jenny: Come on, I’ll give you a ride.

[They walk over to Jenny’s Jeep as the camera fades to black.]

********************************************************************************************

Stopping The Show: Part II

\'user

[The camera focuses back in on “KC” Kenny Chisholm, still wearing his dark navy suit with his matching crimson shirt and tie.]

KC: Hello folks and welcome to Part II of Stopping the Show: The Drake Green Story. When we last left Drake, he was mourning the death of his brother and best friend, Nick. His life as he knew it was starting to crumble and he had decided a drastic change was in order.

[The camera cuts to Drake, still in his blue blazer and the open collared white shirt.]

Drake: I was lost at that moment. With everything happening with Nick and then the fallout with Max, I just need to get out. I was living out of a hotel at the time anyway so it was pretty easy to just pack my stuff up and get out. I basically told them I wasn't renewing my contract and I left. That was it.

Narrator: After finishing up his contract, Drake left the Los Angeles area for New York where he spent the first three months living off his savings.

\'user
Drake Green – Fall of 2006

Drake: Those first few months in New York were pretty crazy.

[Drake laughs.]

Drake: I don't remember too much of all of it. I just know I blew through about three hundred grand in less than three months. So when that money ran out things got real tough.

Narrator: In the winter of 2007 Drake was broke and homeless in New York City, staying at friends house in Brooklyn.

[The camera cuts to Drake's friend, Freddy Georgio. Freddy is a tall skinny guy with a bald head. He is wearing a green button up shirt with circle designs on it and wide, open collar. His skin is pale and his eyes are hidden behind his round sunglasses.]

Freddy: D was a nut back then. I met him at the Sound Factory. I was a resident DJ there at that point and D was just balls to the wall every night. He was always coming in with a different girl and he'd just buy out the VIP section and pay for everyone's drinks. We all knew who he was so we just thought he had money like that. Pretty soon, dude ran outta cash.

Drake: I think everyone goes through a dark time in their life. A time when things get so bad that you've got nothing left. And it's at that point that...I don't know if it was a higher power or if it was Mother Nature...or if it was just pure dumb luck but something or someone sent Freddy Georgio in to my life.

\'user
Freddy Georgio & Drake Green – Circa 2007

Drake: We hit it it off right away. Freddy was a DJ but he moonlighted as a ring announcer for this small time promotion called New Jersey Hardcore Wrestling, run by this maniac named Ronny Spikes.

[The camera cuts back to Freddy.]

Freddy: So I would tell Drake all the time, 'Look you need some cash, I know this guy Spikes, let's get it going.’ It was a fight but finally he came around.

[The camera goes back to Drake.]

Drake: So finally I say ok and he takes me to meet to this…I don’t even know what to call it. Picture Mick’s gym from Rocky I and II, but then put it underground and fill it with guys with purple Mohawks and tattoos and piercings in places where I didn’t even know existed. This guy were insane and here I am, corn-fed white boy from the Midwest, walking in and asking for a job.

\'user
Ronny Spikes, Hardcore legend and Owner and Founder of New Jersey Hardcore Wrestling

[The camera cuts to Ronald ‘Ronny Spikes’ DeFranco, owner of New Jersey Hardcore Wrestling.]

Ronny: I knew who Drake was when he came in. I was a big fan of what he did with his brother a few years back and I knew what he could bring to the table. Truth was, we needed a guy like Drake at the time. You know, someone who wasn’t all about stapling a piece of wood to their face.

Narrator: Although Drake was well liked and respected on the national level, it was no easy going pleasing the tough New Jersey hardcore fans.

Drake: It was different. I was pretty out of shape at the time too with all of the drinking and partying I was doing so I wasn’t performing the way I was capable of and the crowds new it.

[The camera goes back to Freddy.]

Freddy: They hated him! Here he did, doing his Mr. Hollywood routine, all the flash with the big sunglasses, doing everything for the fans and all that. Oh man they chewed him up in Jersey.

[The camera moves back to Ronny.]

Ronny: We all liked Mr. Showtime. But that gimmick wasn’t fitting with us. Not with our fans in northern Jersey. So I sat him down one day and I said ‘Green, you can’t be Mr. Goodguy anymore. I don’t mean be a heel but you gotta have some balls.

Drake: I think those last couple of years in NJHW, really shaped the rest of who I am. Going in to the ring and working your tail off and trying your hardest to put on the kind of show you think the crowd wants to see….and then getting booed out of the building…it’s pretty damn humbling.

[The camera cuts to Freddy.]

Freddy: You started to see a bit of a change in the way Drake carried himself. He started to develop this type of attitude that, you know, I’m gonna do this for you. I’m gonna put my body on the line for you, and you’re gonna like it. Because I said so. It happened gradually. But instead of running down to the ring slapping the fans hands and smiling, Drake started walking slower and kind of giving everyone the evil eye.

[The camera shifts back to Ronny.]

Ronny: Drake was never supposed to get in to any of the hardcore stuff really. We had a few guys on the roster that were really just wrestlers. They would kind of lighten the mood and cleanse the pallet in between some of our extreme stuff. I remember exactly when all that changed. He came up to my on Valentine’s Day in 2009. We were having a ‘Hardcore Battle Royal’ where to get eliminated you’d have to over the top rope and around the ring were all sorts of tables and barbed wired ladders and all sorts of crazy shit. Any way, the winner got a shot at our title. Drake comes up to me, he’s scheduled in a match against this guy Flex, and he wants in the main event.

Drake: I’ll never forget the look on his face. He was so adamant about saying no. Finally after about an hour or so he finally said if I went out there and beat Flex then I could be in the main event….I won the main event that night. I got seventeen stitches….but I won.

[The camera goes back to Ronny.]

Ronny: I was impressed. I didn’t know he had it in him. Two months later he won the title.

Narrator: After over two years in New Jersey Hardcore Wrestling, Drake Green captured their championship and began a long, painful reign at the top of the east coast extreme wrestling scene.

Drake: I don’t know what it was but right about the time I won that title, we started to do all sorts of cross promotional stuff. It was like every crazy nutjob hardcore fed champ wanted to wrestle me.

[The camera goes back to Ronny.]

Ronny: A lot of people in our corner of the country didn’t like Drake having that belt. He wasn’t a hardcore guy at heart and it definitely bothered them. But let me tell you, Drake was not soft. Some of the most brutal championship bouts we had came when he had the strap.

[The camera cuts to Aaron Stone, Editor in Chief of Slamfest Magazine.]

Aaron: When I first started Slamfest, we were a small publication based out of Massachusetts. We didn’t have a lot of pro wrestling around us at the time so we started gravitating toward that hardcore scene in New York, and Pennsylvania, and obviously New Jersey. I had seen a few matches of Drake’s before, mostly tag stuff with ‘The Main Event’, but I became mesmerized with some of the stuff he did to his body in those NJHW matches. It was kinda sad when he left. It was almost like he left before he had finished what he started there.

Freddy: I think by then, the end of 2011, he was just kind of burnt out. I know he had been nursing some injuries and he wanted to take a break. He went out to California to see his sister for a few weeks. I know he needed that. He hadn’t seen her since his brother had died.

[The camera moves to Ronny.]

Ronny: Trust me, I threw all the money I could at him to get him to stay but you could see it in his eyes. He was done. He needed to go. I wished him well and told him if he ever wanted his old gig, it was his.

Narrator: After over two years at the top NJHW, Drake retired from pro wrestling a Champion. He said his goodbyes and headed west to relax and to let his body heal.

[The camera cuts to Drake’s sister, Jenny Green.]

Jenny: It was a good to see Drake. He got a little apartment in downtown Bakersfield and we just hung out for a few months. He told me all about New York and New Jersey. It was really awesome having him around.

\'user
Jenny and Drake – Winter 2012 in Bakersfield, CA

Drake: I guess the coolest part about being around Jenny was her turning me on to tattoos. She’s a ink nut. I had some scars on my shoulders and across my back, from my NJHW days. She had this idea, since she is half covered in tattoos, to get some to cover up the scars. She got me to get a nautical star on each shoulder. Then came the back piece; a large totem pole style eagle. It was a lot of fun. It was a great way to kind of reinvent myself and transform my body. In my mind at the time I was completely done with wrestling so I wanted a new beginning. That was it.

Narrator: After six months of relaxing in California, Drake received a phone call from a friend with a great opportunity back east.

Drake: So Freddy calls me and he tells me about a venue that’s for sale in Newark, New Jersey. It was a small, maybe two-hundred-person ballroom. He thought maybe we could buy it and put some work in to it. Thought it could host some boxing and wrestling stuff. I had some cash lying around so I said hey, why not?

Freddy: So we had this building and the original idea was just to be a boxing house but after a few months and basically no money, we turned it in to a night club. Best decision we ever made.

Drake: That place was awesome. It made tons of money and after only nine months I think it was, some big time promoter came in a offered us a ton of money. We sold and then I went back in to retirement.

[The camera moves back Freddy.]

Freddy: I think that’s when things started to get bad for Drake again. After the club in Newark he had a lot of money hangin’ around not a whole lot to do. He started drinking pretty heavily again and then he started going to strip clubs.

[The camera goes back to Drake.]

Drake: At some point around Christmas time last year, I decided that it was a lot more fun to start drinking at strip clubs then bars. Not sure why, maybe it was the naked women, but I enjoyed it.

[The camera cuts to Rosie Long, Drake’s ex-girfriend.]

Rosie: I remember when I first met him. I was still dancing at the club and he was just completely smitten with me.

\'user
Rosie Long

Drake: She was just gorgeous. I had to have her. I got totally creepy too. I would like stare at her and then try to talk to her at the end of the night all the time. Really weird stuff.

[Drake laughs.]

Drake: It was right about this time that Max and I reconnected as well.

Max: So after a few years I decided it was to kiss and make up. I got in touch with Jenny and she told me where he was so after a few months of working up the courage I went out there. And sure enough, right in the strip club, there he was.

Drake: It was tough at first to work things out with Max. I was drinking pretty heavy at the moment. I had just started a relationship with Rosie which was probably must first adult relationship ever so when Max came back in to my life things were a little weird. For starters, he was sober and I was the exact opposite of sober. On top of that he had this overwhelming desire to get me back in to wrestling which at the time I wanted no part of. But…he wore me down.

[Drake laughs.]

Drake: So we made our way up to Canada.

Max: I knew JJ Dixon up in Nova Scotia. He ran Atlantic Championship Wrestling up there. He offered Drake a pretty good deal so we went with it. We also took a contract with Bad Ass Championship Wrestling in New York so we were bouncing back and forth between the two for a while.

[The camera cuts to Rosie.]

Rosie: Those first few months of being on the road with Drake were really exciting. Especially when we were in New York. It was really an amazing time. He won the title pretty quickly in New York but I think he was more interested in what was going on in Canada.

[The camera cuts to JJ Dixon, former owner of Atlantic Championship Wrestling.]

JJ: Not gonna sit here and tell you I like the guy ‘cause I don’t. But he found his way into contendership for our Junior Heavyweight title against another winner, Ben Jordan.

[The camera cuts to former ACW Grand Slam Champion, Ben Jordan.]

Ben: Geezer was the real deal. Was the first one who was gonna give me trouble up there. And he did.

Drake: It wasn’t until I won that Maritime title from Ben that I really felt like I was back. It really started to take shape for me again. Unfortunately, something else had to give to make for room for it.

[The camera cuts back to Rosie.]

Rosie: When Drake won that title in Canada, that’s when things really fell apart for us. You could just tell that he didn’t have time for a relationship anymore. He was completely consumed by Mr. Showtime.

\'user
Drake and Rosie – Backstage At An ACW Event

Drake: Looking back, maybe I didn’t try as hard as I could have with Rosie. I wanted to but sometimes other things just take hold and you don’t have any room for anything else.

Max: I know that bothered him. He really cared about her and when she left, I know it hurt. But that’s the thing about Drake. He soldiers on. He was making real headway in ACW and it was at that time the NWA split up.

Narrator: In the spring of this year, Atlantic Championship Wrestling, along with Sin City Wrestling, left the National Wrestling Alliance.

Drake: It was a pretty easy decision for me. I thought, at the time, that I’d be in ACW for a long time to come and with Sin City Wrestling offering me a pretty good deal. It was almost a no-brainer.

[The camera cuts to Barry Goldstein, Drake’s agent and friend.]

Barry: Showtime needed to make that change. The market was growing stale in New York and obviously not very good things were on the horizon up in the shitty white north. Taking that deal from Sin City at that time was more than a no-brainer. It was the only decision to make.

Narrator: Drake quickly made a name for himself in Sin City Wrestling. He defeated both Jericho Hill and Kevin Carter, and engaged in a heated battle on Climax Control with Nick Jones that most people thought should’ve been saved for a bigger show.

Barry: It killed me that he had to face Nick Jones on Climax Control. That’s like throwing money out the window, while lighting it on fire, as you’re flushing it down the toilet. Stupid if you ask me but hey, what do I know? I’m only the agent.

\'user
Barry Goldstein

Max: As much as it’s gonna pin me to say it, hiring Barry Goldstein has done wonders for Drake here in SCW. After ACW folded, he’s really buckled down and gotten Drake all of the opportunities he deserves. He’s well respected in the locker room and he should be. He’s a star.

[The camera cuts to SCW Bombshell Misty.]

Misty: Drake is a great guy and he has been a great friend to me recently. I haven’t known him that long but if I’m being honest; he’s one of the best out there. He’s one of the few guys in this business that is here for the right reasons…because he loves what he does. He cares about the fans and he cares about people in general. He fights for what he wants…what he deserves, and I have no doubt in my mind that he’ll get it.

Drake: That first title shot was a great experience for me. You know I’ve held a few titles in my career but none as prestigious as the SCW Heavyweight title. It’s one of those things you kinda dream about when you’re a kid. I was close on that boat at Summer Xxxtreme. But like they say, second place is only the first loser. Kevin was in the right place at the right time and he took advantage of it. That’s what you’re supposed to do. Kudos to him.

KC: So what about now? What about High Stakes III?

Drake: I think it’s a bit different. Over the passed few months there has been a bit of hostility between us, Kevin and me. I think it’s time we settled it and I’m glad there’s a real prize for the winner. Kevin is a great wrestler and no matter what I or anyone else thinks of him, he’s fantastic in the ring. You don’t get to be a two time SCW Heavyweight Champion by accident. He may be an ass but he’s talented.

KC: What’s your strategy going in to the match?

Drake: I think with a guy like Kevin you really have to be on your toes. He’s incredibly fast in there and he’s every bit the technician that I am, if not more. I think if you plan on winning against him you have to be a bit stronger. You have to be able to ground him a bit or you might be in trouble.

Narrator: In just two days, Drake Green will enter in to the ring for the challenge of his life. He will face a man known as the Main Attraction for the most coveted prize in all of Sports Entertainment. Don’t forget to tune in High Stakes III, available on PPV.

Drake: I think my life can be summed up in one word. And that word is CHAMPION. It’s been a tough and long road but I can finally see where that road is leading. It’s leading to greatness.

[The camera focuses back on “KC” Kenny Chisholm.]

KC: This has been Stopping the Show: The Drake Green Story. On behalf of Sin City Wrestling and Generation-X Entertainment, this is Kenny Chisholm and thank you for joining us.

[Music begins to play as another montage of Drake’s matches throughout his career begins to play and the credits slowly start roll over them.

\'user

THE END

The most magical, the most fantastical Showstopper of all time...

Former SCW World Heavyweight Champion

[4x]
Former SCW Roulette Champion [1x]

Twitter: @The_RealDG

Offline Kevin Carter

• View Profile
    • Kevin Carter
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 05:31:49 AM »

\'user

NEVER BACK DOWN
›› prologue ‹‹

Here we are on the road to High Stakes III. The main event of the show is the most talked about match on the card. For the second time in history Drake Green and Kevin Carter will meet each other in the middle of the ring: one on one. In their last meeting in one on one setting Drake got the upper hand and defeated Kevin in the middle of the ring. Something till this day Kevin wasn't forgotten about and something that he had vowed to right when the opportunity came their way.

About a month ago Kevin sorta of avenged that victory when he defeated Drake and four other men to become the SCW Heavyweight Champion for the first time. Kevin's outlook was he defeated Drake when it actually mattered where Drake has never beaten him when it mattered. Despite Kevin's outlook he's now going into this match with the disadvantage due to history. Not to mention Christian Underwood has made it perfectly clear he doesn't like Kevin, he doesn't want Kevin champion, and he'll do anything to get the title off him.

Which is likely why he handed Drake a title shot without him actually earning it. Something that has left a sour taste in Kevin's mouth and a couple of other people. No one should have be HANDED or GIFTWRAPPED a championship match. It is something that should always be EARNED but with that being said. What was done had been done. Kevin was going into this match as the underdog despite being a two time SCW Heavyweight Champion. This isn't the first time he has been the underdog and it likely won't be the last.

Never the less though, Kevin will be talking into Trinidad with a Never Back Down mentality. He was without a doubt going to give it everything that he had. He was without a doubt going to lay it all on the line. He was without a doubt going to dig down deeper than he has ever dug before and lay it all out on the table. Was it going to be enough? Could Kevin defied the odds? Could he be able to keep the championship right around his waist? Or would Drake beat Kevin again and finally achieve his goal of becoming Heavyweight Champion?

Be sure to tune in this Sunday Night at High Stakes III to find out.

THE SPIT HEARD ROUND THE WORLD
›› scene one ‹‹

October 9th, 2013
Wednesday Evening
Parking Lot

It was a nice evening here in Bakersfield, California. Standing there in a parking lot – almost as if he was waiting around for someone happened to be the SCW Heavyweight Champion, Kevin Carter. He stood there ever so calmly as within a matter of seconds something or rather someone had caught his attention. It appeared to be this attractive woman that was making a straight bee line to a car there in the parking lot. Before she had a chance to climb inside the car Kevin ran up to her almost catching her attention right away.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Excuse me. Are you Jennifer Green?

▫ JENNIFER GREEN: Um... maybe, who wants to know?

▫ KEVIN CARTER: My name is Kevin Carter. I work for Sin City Wrestling. Matter of fact...

▫ JENNIFER GREEN: … I'm just going to stop you there. I'm aware of who you are but what I don't know is why you're here. I could only imagine has something to do with my brother.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Well you've already proven that you're smarter than him.

▫ JENNIFER GREEN: Whatever you say, but your beef is with my brother. Not with me. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got somewhere to be.

With that being said Jennifer grabbed a hold of the car door. She lifted the latch as she started to pull the door open. At that point Kevin kicked the door forward slamming it shut. It startled Jennifer enough that she let go of the door handle and found herself turning around quickly to look right at him.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: I don't believe I was done talking to you.

▫ JENNIFER GREEN: Look, I don't want any trouble.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: And as long a you tell me what I want to hear, there won't be any.

▫ JENNIFER GREEN: I don't even see how I can help you.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Tell me everything I need to know about the man that is Drake. Don't leave anything out.

▫ JENNIFER GREEN: Contrary to what you might believe I don't know all that much about my brother. I was isolated from him for many years.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Oh really... and why's that?

▫ JENNIFER GREEN: Again an answer I don't really have. But I could only assume it has something to do with the freak accident that involved my father. Wrestling has been taboo for my mother ever since. I'd assume that's why I was cut off with my brother for so long and why my mother doesn't talk much about our past.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: But clearly you've got some kind of connection with your brother now. I want you to spill the beans.

▫ JENNIFER GREEN: Spill the beans on what exactly? Yes, I have a relationship with my brother now that we're older and he's reached out to me. It's not like you think it is. It's not like I have all the inside knowledge to what's going on in his life. Even in the few days he spent with my mother and I. I didn't find out much.. at least when it came to wrestling. You're just wasting your time by stalking me and trying to get answers out of me when I don't have the ones you want.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: No I'm not... and I'm not as stupid as you think I am Jenny. There was a reason he was here. I want that reason and I want it right now or I swear to you this meeting between us isn't going to end the way you want.

▫ JENNIFER GREEN: All I know is that Drake came to see my mother more than he came to see me. My mother is the only mother that Drake has ever known. I believe he wants to try and have some kind of relationship with her. I also think he asked her to attend his match this Sunday against you, but I don't think she gave him an answer.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Interesting...

He paused for the moment stroking his chin with a bit of a smirk spread across his lips. Jennifer on the other hand just leaned against her car still in a bit of a defensive position as she looked all around her. Almost like she was looking for help but then he spoke to her and that's when she forced her attention back to him.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: After all this time now Drake wants mommy dearest in his corner. He wants her there for something important to him and he wants her there for this biggest night of his career. You know what that tells me Jennifer? Huh? Do you?!

▫ JENNIFER GREEN: … No, no I don't.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: It tells me that Drake is more confident than ever. It tells me that he truly believes that he's got this thing in the bag. It tells me that he's truly believing in the fact that he's going to win this match involving the two of us. Boy oh boy is he doing nothing more than setting himself up for the biggest failure of his entire life.

▫ JENNIFER GREEN: Right... now that I've given you everything you want to know. Can I please just go? This has nothing to do with me what so ever and I'm sick of dealing with this.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Sure, as long as you promise to do me one last favor.

▫ JENNIFER GREEN: What now?

▫ KEVIN CARTER: I want you to deliver a message to Drake for me. Because I know you'll see him or at least hear from him once again before Sunday Night hits. Let him know that everything I do leading up to this week. Every line I cross. Every attack I make at him personally. Every last bit of disrespect I show him is because he started this war of disrespect and now it's going to end when I break him, mentally, emotionally, and physically as I go on to retain my Heavyweight Championship!

▫ JENNIFER GREEN: Is that it?

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Oh and if you wouldn't mind delivering this message for me too...

All of the sudden and completely out of nowhere Kevin spit right in the face of Jennifer. It took her by surprise as the spit dripped down her cheek. There was such a sly smirk spread across his lips as Kevin turned himself around and started to walk away from Jennifer as if he had done nothing wrong. She quickly wasted no time at all getting inside the car to get away even with the spit dripping down her face. Most likely never in her wildest dreams would she ever believe that she would come this close to one of her brother's opponents. For good reasoning though. Kevin just continued to walk down the parking lot until he found the limo that had been waiting for him all this time. He climbed on inside and closed the door behind him.

▫ DRIVER: Where to sir?

▫ KEVIN CARTER: LAX... I've got a flight to catch.

With a nod of his head the driver pulled out of the parking lot to begin heading towards LAX airport. Over the last week Kevin has thought about the most disrespectful ways to get back at Drake for the lack of respect he showed him. It was  starting with “bullying” and scaring Drake's little sister. That with no doubt would get under his skin. That's clearly what Kevin was aiming for as well. Now his next destination and his next mission was really going to push the limits. We were all just going to have to wait and see where it went next. Rest assured though, it was going to have an impact on this match.

PISSING ALL OVER A LEGACY
›› scene two ‹‹

October 10th, 2013
Thursday Night
Cemetery

It was around eight at night when the cameras would find themselves opening up in a rather odd setting. All around there was Tombstones and flowers shown sitting on graves. Obviously we found ourselves in a cemetery but the question was why? Fortunately enough it wasn't going to take too long to find out. Our cameras would slowly turn to the left only to get a rather close up of a Tombstone. Close enough that we the viewers could read what it said across it.

Rest. In. Peace
Nick Green.
Son.
Brother.
Loved One.
You Will Always Be Missed.

At that moment it wasn't hard at all to make the connection to SCW Superstar, Drake Green. We were at the very cemetery where his brother was buried after an unfortunate car accident that took his life on July 4th, 2006. Just then the cameras would begin to zoom out a little only to feature the SCW Heavyweight Champion, Kevin Carter standing there in all black. The oddest part though would be the fact he had a beaming smile spread across his lips. At that point Kevin would begin to speak to us all.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: In the last couple of days I have found myself watching Stopping The Show: The Drake Green story. It's a real tear jerker and all you Drake Green marks are going to want to pick it up when it comes out. Now with that being said in the mist of watching this I found out Drake has gone through some pretty tough shit. The type of shit that had him crying like a bitch on his little DVD. Things like his Father dying in a freak wrestling accident. Though, I don't view it as a freak accident. He's Drake's father, botching kind of runs in that family.

There was a chuckle coming from the Main Attraction as he was clearly aiming to cross line here.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Then there's the story about how the only mother he ever knew taking his sister and moving away pretty much disowning Drake when his father died. I don't blame her for doing so either. I couldn't put up with Drake's crying, bitching, and constant need for attention. I'm sure that's exactly what she would have had to deal with on a daily basis. Day in and day out until he finally found his balls to reattach to his scrotum. But funny enough none of that even comes close to the story involving Drake's brother. Probably the only family member that he loved more than himself.

Alright now the connection to being here was starting to make a little sense. However judging by the way he was acting and the things that he was letting come flying out of his mouth. Pointed all signs towards this not being a very good thing in the least bit.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: From what I gather Nick was meant to be some technical wrestling guru. I understand that Nick had the entire professional wrestling world at his finger tips. He was meant to be the next big thing in this business. At least those are the words coming from his cock sucking brother. Then on one faithful night. The four of July in two thousand six to be exact. Drake's brother Nick was leaving a party when a drunk driver crossed lines. Head on collision that would eventually take Nick's life and judging by all the tears and the boo-hoo shit from Drake. It sounds like it was the hardest thing in the world for him to have to deal with.

The Main Attraction just shook his head a little bit. It was pathetic to him how sad Drake was when it came to this situation. Obviously, Kevin had no emotion at all. It was either that or he just shared such a hatred for Drake that he would go this far.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: You know what though Drake... as hard as it was for you to deal with your brother's death. As hard as it was for you to bury him six feet under. As hard as it was for you to go on in live without him. You should honestly be thanking the lord that Nick was taken from this earth when he was. Because now he doesn't have to see the failure you have become.

He doesn't have to see his baby brother constantly choke in that ring. He doesn't have to watch you stink up the family legacy in the way that you already have. Most of all though, you should be thankful that your brother doesn't have to witness you drop the ball in the biggest match of your entire career. He doesn't have to watch you let the world championship slip through your grasp once again. He doesn't have to watch his brother's career end right before his very eyes... and that's the path you are heading down Drake.

There wasn't a single person in SCW that believed that was the path Drake was heading down. In fact most people believed in Drake. Most people stood behind Drake. Most people wanted to see Drake knock Kevin on his ass and take the championship. Kevin was going to do everything he could stop it.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: I am willing to bet Drake. Your father despite the daddy issues you had with him taught you how to be a man. Something that you have yet to portray since you signed a deal with SCW. I am sure that your father's tag partner – the man that took you under his wing when mommy dearest left you all alone. I'm sure that he taught you quite a bit about being a man. What your father couldn't have having his neck snapped. I'm also sure he taught you a few things about wrestling.

Like for example that you should never take a hand out. That you should always give it your best to earn the things you want to earn. Matter of fact, I am sure that your trainer from Japan would slap the taste right out of your mouth for taking this match against me without earning it in the first place. Based on the simple fact that he taught you better than that. Hell, I'm even willing to bet that your brother would be rolling in his grave knowing that you took something that was handed to you when you didn't do a single thing to deserve it.

Dig after dig Kevin continued to chip away at Drake's personal life. No doubt this was going to get under Drake's skin like no other. It was going to create all sorts of problems but obviously the man known as the Main Attraction didnt care. He believed that he had a handle one things.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Honestly Drake, this all comes down to disrespect. It all started when I came back from my hiatus. I've done told this story before but to catch folks up. You were walking around like you were the best thing around. You walked around like the ladies man. You walked around like you couldn't be stopped. You walked around like you were the main attraction. You disrespected me by basically ripping me off for everything that I am and everything that I created for myself. You did it knowingly and you didn't seem to give a shit either. Then of course more disrespect came out of you.

When I came back and when we had our first encounter with one another. You treated me with zero respect. You talked down to me. You talked as if I was below you. You acted as if I didn't mean a single thing to you or two this company. You slapped me in the face every single way you could with every shade of disrespect. I admit it pissed me off. I admit it caused blind rage. I admit that it very well could have been my downfall. Because I wanted to teach you a lesson so badly and because of that I let it get the best of me. I let it lead to me getting beat. I lost in the middle of the ring. Something that I never tried to run away from or deny.

But you couldn't take that win for what it was could you Drake? Oh no, you couldn't just take it in stride. No you had to continue on with your disrespect with your little “jokes” and your “harmless digs” as you so eloquently put them on twitter. I admit I took you off twitter – something you seem to want to bitch about and complain about. But it's not because I was afraid of you. It's not I was afraid to speak my mind to you. It had nothing to do with that. Instead it had everything to do with the fact I didn't want you disrespectful ass appearing on my time line but that's neither here nor there because I was unaware we were in high school and it was a problem if someone didn't follow someone on a social media website.

He was shown shaking his head a little bit. Almost like it was in pure disappointment. At the same time though, he didn't expect anything less when it came to Drake.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Then of course the disrespect continued onward when we found ourselves in the ring at Summer XXXTReme III. You took a shit all over me with your words. You implied that I was the weakest link of that entire match. You implied that there was no chance I'd ever become the SCW Heavyweight Champion. You took claim to that championship and what happened Drake? I made you end up eating your words. I made you pay for your disrespect. I proved to you that when the game was on the line that you didn't stand a fucking chance against me. I was the one that walked out with that SCW Heavyweight Championship.

And you would have thought that would have forced you to open up your eyes a little bit. You think that it would have forced you to realize that I am more than you want to imply. I am more than what you think. You think that it would have forced you to show some respect for someone that's been around this business as long as I have. It didn't though. Instead it lead to the disrespect that you have decided to show me when this match was announced. It opened up to door to the disrespect that you've decided to show me leading up to this match. But as you could have expected Drake, I've grown used to this kind of shit from you.

You disrespected me when you took a championship match that was handed to you rather than it being earned. You talk about being a man of the people. You talk about being someone that does everything by the book. You talk about wanting to be remembered for all your hard work, dedication, sweat, tears, and even a little blood shred. You talk about wanting to go down in professional wrestling as one of the greatest to ever grace the squared circle. Then why is it different with this title match? Why just take something you didn't earn? Why be comfortable with having Christian Underwood in your back pocket? All of these are questions that you'll never have the balls to answer, because you want to have something handed to you and you can't allow your image to be tarnished. Sadly for you, I'm going to do the tarnishing through you. Much like I intend on dragging your name through the mud and much like I intend beating you within an inch of your life when I retain my championship. On top of that as far as I am concerned I'm going to get rid of you permanently. You of all people should already know what it's like when I'm a man on a mission.

He let a small smirk spread across his lips at that moment. It was one of the most arrogant ones he could give. Something that people had seen several times before. No doubt Drake among many others should have known what he's like when he's a man on a mission. Next to no one can stop him because he's that determined. With that being said Kevin was about to begin speaking once more and revealing to the entire world – more specifically to Drake also what the reason was for him being here and this was going to be without a doubt the thing that sealed the deal on his fate going into this match. Something that he didn't fear.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: But when it comes to retaining my championship. When it comes to beating you. When it comes to once again proving that I'm better than you. That's going to be a different story for a different day. Because you see I came all the way out this cemetery for a reason. I came all the way out to your brother's grave for a reason. I didn't even come all the way out this way to play mind games with you or anything like that. That's not my game plan. That's not how I do things. But I did come here to do something. Since you've decided to show me nothing but disrespect since day one. I myself have decided to show you disrespect. It just won't be in the form of words. It won't be in the form of insults. It won't even be in the form of my usual stuff. In fact I'm going to do it with actions. I'm going to do in the most disrespectful way I know how and you know Drake? You're to blame for what I'm about to do!

After letting those last words come out of his mouth. Kevin would turn his back to the camera as we could see his hand moving towards his crotch area. Seconds later a stream began to come from that exact area as it became clear to all of us watching. Kevin was reliving himself all over the grave belonging to Drake's brother. That wasn't just a sign of disrespect. In fact it even crossed the line of being disrespectful. It was without a doubt the most despicable thing he could have ever done. Many of us couldn't help but think Kevin just signed his own death certificate when this got back to Drake. About that time Kevin turned himself around zipping up the zipper to his jeans.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Ahh there's nothing like draining the main vein.

There was some chuckling coming from the SCW Heavyweight Champion at that point. Before he walked forward stepping completely out of the cameras view. No doubt about it he had crossed the line tonight. He had gone where no man had ever gone before. He was setting himself up for more than just a wrestling match on Sunday. He was setting himself up for one hell of a fight and one that he better hope he's prepared for if he wants to have a chance at retaining the championship. With that being said for just a moment or two the cameras zoomed in on the Tombstone of Nick Green before finally fading to black.

SHOT CALLING
›› scene three ‹‹

October 11th, 2013
Friday Morning
Hotel Room

First thing this morning Kevin along with Savannah found themselves boarding a flight to Trinidad. It was a long eight hour flight and the first thing either one of them had to do was have a meeting with the man that's in charge of SCW. That man being none other than Mark Ward or as to many Hot Stuff. The two happened to find themselves knocking on a hotel door. It wasn't going to be the mot professional meeting in the world but what did you expect in a setting sch as this being on the road and over seas.

After a few seconds the door came open and there stood the man himself. Mark took a brief look at the two of them before inviting them inside. Kevin allowed Savannah to walk in first as he followed behind her. Both of them saw a long table that had been set up in this suit as they took their seats and within a matter of seconds Mark was joining them as well. He sat at the table directly across from the door before starting to greet them.

▫ MARK WARD: Kevin... I've been expecting you.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: I'm sure you have. Our flight got in later than expected. I had some of my own business to handle before I got here.

▫ MARK WARD: Oh?

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Yep, and I'm not planning on filling you in. I can't trust you in the least bit. All I'll say is it's going to change the course of this entire match between Drake and I.

▫ MARK WARD: Right, well I'm looking forward to it. However we've got our own business to handle with this lovely thing here.

▫ SAVANNAH A'COSTA: Why thank you for noticing... though you shouldn't even try it. You're a bit over the hill for my taste.

▫ MARK WARD: I wouldn't have even tried it.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Damn right you wouldn't have.

Mark and Kevin locked eyes with each other for a moment. It appeared that the Main Attraction was a it territorial in this situation. It was understandable as to why but it didn't seem like that was something he needed to worry about in the least bit.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Now you know the reason we're here. I want you to sign Savannah to a contract with Sin City Wrestling.

▫ MARK WARD: Well you should know Kevin, it's just not that easy. There's precautions and certain measures we have to take. I can't just be putting someone in the ring that can't work.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: She's not going to be getting in the ring Mark. Maybe later down the road when I give her a few tips and pointers.

▫ SAVANNAH A'COSTA: I love things that involve you giving me 'tips' and 'pointers' Kevin.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Of course you do. No woman would ever deny that, but back to point at hand here. I am bringing her in as my manager. I just want you to assure that she's under contract and I want her to be making as much as me. I don't think that's hard to ask for.

▫ MARK WARD: Actually it is that hard. You're asking me to give this woman a contract that ensurers that she's making as much as my Heavyweight Champion when all she's going to be doing as standing at ringside looking hot. I could also assume she's got next to no wrestling experience at all in anything. That's HUGE RISK and a BIG BLOW to the pocket book of SCW.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Look Mark, I don't want to pull this card or anything  but I am the Heavyweight Champion. I am representing your company and I am the main event of your big show High Stakes III. Are you really going to deny me of this request when I could easily walk out that door, take a flight home, and never show up again while I'm in position of your most prized possession? Is that really a risk you want to take?

▫ MARK WARD: No, I can't.

There was a smirk starting to form over the lips of the Main Attraction as he looked confident in the fact that he just got what he wanted but he had another thing coming to him to say the very least. Mark looked right back across the table at him dead in the eyes before giving the answer neither Kevin or Savannah would care for.

▫ MARK WARD: But at the same time I can't do what you're asking me to do either. However I'm willing to try and comprise in some way.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: That's not what I said, but I'm listening...

▫ SAVANNAH A'COSTA: No, don't do that to me Kevin. You told me you could get me what you were making and more. I won't settle for any less than that.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Calm yourself Savannah. Sometimes you've got to learn to roll with the punches and sometimes you've got to understand what you're doing from a business perspective. Trust me I've got this. I won't let you down.

▫ SAVANNAH A'COSTA: No you won't and If you do this entire thing is over! Right now you're letting him dictate things. You told me you had stroke. You told me you had pull. You told me you had power and here you are letting this jackass pull your strings!

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Again calm yourself before you end up fucking this whole deal up... better yet Savannah. Just go wait outside. I'll handle this and there's something I need to talk to Mark about personally anyway.

▫ SAVANNAH A'COSTA: No, I refuse! I am...

▫ KEVIN CARTER: GO NOW!

For a second or two Savannah just looked at Kevin almost shocked that he had snapped on her the way that he did. She simply scuffed as she pushed herself up and walked out of the room slamming the door shut behind her as she did so. Kevin then turned his attention right back to what he viewed as important.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Look I'm going to be a straight shooter with you right about now Mark. I am not fond of the things that your business partner Christian Underwood has done. I'm not fond of the things he's said about me. I'm not fond of the way he's acted towards me and I'm not fond of the way he's treated me. Now I understand that he's a total pussy and he'll never meet me face to face like a man.

▫ MARK WARD: I'm not sure what this has to do with me.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: It has a lot to do with you. Because you should have done something about the way he talked to me. I'm the most important guy in your company right now but you let that shit slide like it wasn't a big deal at all. But more importantly, you should have done something about him forcing me in the ring with Drake Green with my title on the line when Drake hasn't done a fucking thing to deserve a championship match in the first place.

▫ MARK WARD: Let me stop you there. I did try to do something. I agree that he doesn't deserve the shot. I don't want Drake anywhere near my main event but this time my hand were tied. I'm telling you the God's honest truth. Whether you believe me or not is up to you.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: I don't believe you at all. You could have done something. You founded this company for crying out loud, but I'm going to let it slide. Because that brings me to my next point. You just said that you don't believe Drake deserved the title shot. You aid you don't want the guy anywhere near the main event and judging by what you put together a few weeks ago proves to me you've got one hell of an issue with Drake.

▫ MARK WARD: You hit the nail on the head with that one, but my issue with him is between the two of us.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Cool story bro, cause I really don't care to know what the issue is in the first place. But I'm putting you on notice right now. Whatever the issue is. Whatever lesson you’re trying to teach him. Whatever you want to do to the guy. It's going to have to wait on Sunday Night. I don't want you popping up at ring side. I don't want any of your goons getting involved in my match.

I don't want anything shady or underhanded happening. I don't want Drake to have any reason to bitch, moan, or cry. I don't want him to have any reason to blame his loss or anything other than straight losing to me. I don't want him to have any leg to stand on to weasel his way back into a title match. Once I beat him. That's it. He goes to the back of the line and starts all over in getting a title shot. Am I making myself clear to you?

▫ MARK WARD: I don't really take orders from anyone Kevin, but I'll tell you what. This one time I'll take an order from you. This one time I'll give you what you want more than anything else. You won't see me get involved. You won't see anyone else get involved. You're going to be all on your own doing what you claim you're going to do and that's fine. But let me tell you something, if you choke. If you lose. If you drop the ball and let Drake have that championship. Then I don't want to hear any bitching from you. I don't want you to pull the shit you pulled with Goth. I want you to own up to it like a man and carry on like man. Do I make myself clear?

▫ KEVIN CARTER: Loud and clear, but that's not going to happen. Drake will fall to me. Drake will finally understand that I'm better than him. Drake will understand that he isn't in my league and better yet he will finally come to terms with the fact he's just not good enough to be the SCW Heavyweight Champion.

▫ MARK WARD: Guess we'll see soon enough.

▫ KEVIN CARTER: We sure will, and now that's out of the way. Let's get back on the subject of Savannah's contract.

From there that's where their conversation was going to head. He was hell bent on getting Savannah what he was making or at least close to it. However that wasn't the big deal at hand here. Kevin clearly came with the intentions of putting Mark in check about his deal with Drake and was making it clear he didn't want any funny business going on. Many could say that was respectful on Kevin's behalf but others would say it wasn't because of how self centered the situation came off. Either way though, it had been done and now it was just a matter of seeing what The Main Attraction could bring to the table when the game was on the line following everything he's said up until this point. The days were getting closer so it was going to be shut up and put up before too long.

NAIL IN THE COFFIN
›› scene four ‹‹

October 13, 2013
Sunday Morning
Undisclosed Location

Here we are Drake. The morning before the biggest match of our careers to date. Surely we're doing similar things. Getting prepared to hit the gym before the show only for us to get lost in our own thoughts. Start going over every possibility that could happen tonight. Wondering and waiting what the other is going to bring to the table. Getting deep into thought of what tonight means for us and what we're going to have to do in order to walk out with the championship around our waist. It's going to be a day where we are both very much wrapped up in our thoughts when it comes to a lot of things. At least until we step through the curtain and into the ring to lay it all on the line. Then we won't be inside our heads but instead trying to tale each others heads off.

Speaking of which Drake, I have had the time this last week to sit down and think about things. I mean truly think about what has driven us to the point that we hate each other with a passion. I've realized that it has all come down to disrespect. Something that I have mentioned before. But I just didn't realize how bad it was until I thought about it. I mean, yes I blame you for this entire thing going the way it has. Because  you are the one that disrespected me first. But I was also the one that couldn't be the bigger person. I'm also the one that went right back at you with my mouth and the things I had to say about you. It's what has cause this to spill over the way it has. Then of course when you took a championship match that you didn't deserve that was the final straw for me.

That was the ultimate sign of disrespect and that's when I knew that I had to do the things I have done this week. Of course that's something I’m going to come back too before long, but for now I want to focus on the things that you have said after accepting this match. Starting with the fact that you questioned my career before I came to SCW. You made it sound like I was a liar. You made it sound like I made up this big fib about my days in WWER with going undefeated for two years. You made it sound like I was just a joke trying to make myself sound impressive so that way I'd have all eyes on me. All you did was shit all over my legacy and disrespect me even more. Hell, you disrespected the company that was iconic and legendary that I used to work for. You disrespected all of those people that put their blood sweat and tears into the place as well.

Clearly you just don't give a flying fuck, but allow me to tell you something faggot. I'm not someone that needs to lie. I'm not someone that needs to make myself important by creating some bogus story. Anything I ever said that I did is the truth and anything that ever comes out of my mouth will always be he truth. On top of that Drake, you should never run your mouth when you don't even know what the fuck you are talking about in the first place but before long you're going to learn. Which bring me to my next bit. You want to go around calling me a sore loser. You want to go around and talk about how my first loss in WWER must have been so devastating that I quit the company because that's apparently what I do when I lose. You want to talk about how I'm such a sore loser because I unfollowed you on twitter following my loss to you. You even want to touch up on how I'm a sore loser over what happened with me losing to Goth and how I bailed from SCW. Again though, you prove that you've got no idea what you're talking about.

When I lost in WWER for the first time after being undefeated. I won't lie it stung. It hurt me. It was a big blow to me. I didn't think I'd ever lose but it was too good to be true. It was a set back, but I didn't quoit. Instead I stuck around. I went on to win every title that company had. I even went into the Hall of Fame. I was with that company until the day the doors closed. So there goes your little theory up in smoke just like that. I won't even get into the whining and bitching with you over twitter. That's just stupid and I've done explained myself. But when it comes to you calling me a sore loser of the fact that Goth was handed a win over me and handed my title. That's just stupid on your part. You're right I did walk away. I did say that I quit. I did say I was going back into retirement, but it wasn't because I was a sore loser. It was because I knew that I had gotten screwed over and I wasn't going to take it.

Few weeks later I wised up and realized that quitting was just giving the people that screwed me over exactly what they want. And for the record you nor can anyone else say that me getting screwed over is just a theory or me making up shit. Because Christian basically admitted to doing it in his little promo he cut on me a few weeks back without actually saying it. So once again Drake, your thoughts and your comments and your views about me are wrong. I'm the furthest thing from a sore loser. I'm clearly just a winner. I've won more times than you have around here. I've won the big one twice – something that you haven't done and something you will never do. I advise you this much Drake, if you're going to call me anything. At least get your facts straight before you start popping off at the mouth and writing checks your ass can't cash.

Of course per usual though Drake, you can't stop running your mouth. You can't even stop running it long enough to put your fucking foot in it. You continued onward with your disrespect for me. You continued onward with your false claims and your false outlook on me. Such as calling me a man that's not a real champion. Implying that I'm not the best despite holding the championship on two separate occasions. You claimed my claims to being an ANTI-HERO was bullshit. You claimed that I was a hypocrite. You claimed that I was selfish. Arrogant. Egotistical. You even claimed that if you asked everyone on the roster who'd they'd want on their side, I wouldn't be the man that was chosen. So on and so forth. You basically said every single thing you could about me and about ninety nine point nine nine nine nine percent of it was a bunch of bullshit in of itself. Now I'm not going to stand here and break down everything you've said about me bit by bit because that's wasting my time. But I will say this much.

I am the Anti-Hero of SCW and just because I have a little bit of an ego or just because I'm a little bit self centered doesn't go against any of that. Your problem is that in my world your fans don't matter. In my world the fans that want to suck up to people like you don't matter. The fans that want to boo me and turn on me after everything I gave them just because I spoke the truth don't matter. Those fans that do matter are the ones that have stuck by me through thick and thin. They are the ones that didn't jump on the new flavor of the week. They aren't the ones that just jumped on me for the bandwagon ride. They are the ones that back me and see SCW for what it really is when you've got a scum bag like Christian Underwood running around here. Truth is Drake, you're not as liked as you think you are. You aren't really a man of the people. I am. And that's what eats you alive the most. It's what makes be such a fucking hypocrite. But that's your own problem and in time you'll see it.

And you know something else Drake when it comes to the rest of the locker room. When it comes to asking my peers who'd they'd rather have on their side you or me. Allow me to break it down for you like this. I wouldn't ask them a fucking thing and I really don't give two shits if they want me on their side or not. But here's the funny part about it. You sit there and you make such a bold claim like that, but honestly Drake who the hell is really backing you up? Who really wants you on their side? Christian Underwood? Big deal. Every owner has their pet and you're just that to Christian. Who else is backing you? Simon Jones? You know the guy that's been completely and utterly forgotten about? The guy that's fallen into a black abyss of irrelevancy when I took the title from him at Summer XXXTreme II? A guy that is from the same shit hole company that you came from? No offense to JJ or anything. But of course you faggots from the same company are going to suck each other and back each other up. Who else do you got? Misty and my ex Amy? Ha. Laughable at best.

Misty is nothing more than nosey little cunt that can't mind her own business for the life of her and when she finally has someone that doesn't back down from her 'bad bitch' attitude. She runs away from the problem. Case and point with me. She'll block me on twitter and talk shit about me but won't ever say it to my face. Of course that's not something you'll throw a fit about with her when it comes to her twitter ways right Drake. It's no real surprise that cunt of all people is on your jock strap in this situation. Then the other person you've got on your side is my ex fiance, Amy Marshall. Wow dude, you've got yourself quite the team there when it comes to backing you up. If it wasn't sad and pathetic before. Boy it sure is having Amy on your team. A bitch that hasn't been able to do a fucking thing around here aside from choke time and time again – not on cock surprisingly. However the only reason Amy's on your side and backing you up is because I kicked her ass to curb. She was no use to me and had I never done that. She wouldn't be Team Drake. I can assure you of that. Oh and fyi if you think your comments about wanting to bang her was going to get under my skin. It didn't. Have at it bro, it's like throwing a hot dog down a fucking hallway. Good luck with getting any pleasure out of that.

Needless to say your logic about no one picking me to be on their side is flawed. You only have people backing you up that either don't mean anything, have no importance to SCW, or are just bitter that I'm everything they wish they could be. I on the other hand have plenty of people backing me up. Your former boss being one of them. Your current boss being someone else. Not to mention a few others but I'm not going to argue with you on something that's so stupid and irrelevant to situation. Because people choosing sides means nothing to me. After all I'm the only one that truly matters in Sin City Wrestling. Because as much as it pisses you off. As much as you want to take it away from me. As much as you try to bury me. Fact still remains as long as I am holding the SCW Heavyweight Championship that means I AM THE BEST the company has to offer. It means I AM THE GREATEST in SCW at the very moment. And on top of that I am a TRUE CHAMPION in every sense of the word and definition. That's something that is going to forever eat you alive until something happens where I'm not champion anymore but it sure as hell isn't going to be by your hand.

At this point Drake everything that's come out of your mouth. It's been pathetic. It's been sad. It's been lies. It's been useless. It's been flawed. I could go on and on if I chose to do so but to sum it all up. It's been disrespectful. Because you've decided to be that way that now leads me to come back to what I have done in the last week.Your lack of respect for me Drake has caused me to go above and beyond. It's caused me to shit all over your family legacy. It's caused me to poke fun at your family and it's tragedies. It's caused me to track down your little sister and trap her in a parking lot to get answers out of her. It's caused me to SPIT in your little sister's face. It has caused me to pay a visit to your older brother's grave and literally PISS all over it. It has caused me to hate you with a passion that I personally hope in this match there's an accident that causes you DIE just like your father did. You pushed me this far Drake and that's why everything I have done or said is on your head. Not mine and the sooner you accept that the better off you're going to be. See where I'm from in order to get respect. You've got to give respect. Not to mention respect is something that is earned in the first place Clearly that's all you've ever wanted from me was my respect. Sadly for you, you didn't give me respect, you didn't earn my respect, and you've gone down such a nasty road that it can never be REPAIRED and it can never be FORGIVEN or FORGOTTEN so therefore You will NEVER under any circumstances get RESPECT from me.

With that being said Drake, we now wait. We wait till it's match time. Then we go out there and lay it all on the line. We got out there to take each others heads off. We go out there fighting with our lives on the line. We go out there trying to end the other man's career. In the end though like always Drake. I'll rise above. I'll be better than I have ever been. I'll show the entire world what I'm capable and more importantly I'll show the entire world that I'm better than Drake Green and that Drake Green just isn't good enough nor will he ever be good enough to compete in the same league as the Main Attraction. Best believe that tonight when I drive the final nail in your coffin and get ready to lay you to rest next to your father and your brother that there's only one leaving with the SCW Heavyweight Championship and his name is...

KEVIN CARTER!