Author Topic: Queen of the internet  (Read 787 times)

Offline Dreamkiller

• View Profile
    • Johanna Krieger
Queen of the internet
« on: August 10, 2022, 12:53:41 AM »
7. Faith
The Devil in I

Just when you think your life can’t get worse you often find the one thing that can. The one thing that can save you and destroy you all in one swoop. Faith. That great lie that millions and in fact billions of people around the world bring into their lives as a way to atone for their own personality flaws and explain away the fact that life as a whole is not fucking fair. I don’t even know why I believed. I don’t even know why I wanted to.

See 5 years ago I was sitting in an apartment in London. I had lost it all, the job, the friends. I was in school but it was losing its luster and I wondered, what else did the world hold?. I turned on my TV and there it was. My future. I saw my sister the great and powerful Amber fucking Richards standing in a ring. The crowd chanting her name as she held up a championship for the Imperial Wrestling Federation. She was popular, she was loved and all she had to do was be her loudmouth self and beat the shit out of people.

I wondered how she got there...and then I saw him. A dark Angel….

He stood at ringside, his smile was twisted as he applauded her. His muscular arms covered in tattoos, his long black hair flowing down his back and shoulders. He wore pre faded jeans and had a chain leading from the front belt loop to his wallet, a black leather vest with an insignia. I was smitten. And then I saw him grab my sister by the hip, jam his tongue down her throat and take her away all while people went nuts. 

I wanted it.

I needed it. 

I didn’t care what it took I wanted what she had because I knew if little Amber could do it. Well. I could do it better. I packed my shit and left. I flew to the US where she had disappeared to all those years ago looking for the man who trained her. You know what I found instead?. I found lies, pain and bullshit. I found a darkness that somehow made what my father did seem like a mild dream. I won’t even dignify the woman who caused it. The woman whose hatred for my sister led me towards what I was about to endure. 

See the real poison in all of this. Was the faith. The fact I would give anything, do anything without question. No matter how sick or evil. No matter how violent or painful. I did it all out of love. I should have known right there that it was a lie. I couldn’t feel that so why pretend I could?. Oh right…..

Faith….

Under the words of men
Something is tempting the father
Where is your will, my friend?
Insatiates never even bother
You and I, wrong or right
Traded a lie for the leverage
In between the lens in light
You're not what you seem

New York, USA
5 Years Ago
Undo these chains, my friend

“Do you love me child?”

The words rang in my ears as I dropped to my knees. The room was dark, no windows to bring in the light. Just an old wooden door left open and a single lightbulb above. I stayed there, my heart racing as he stood in front of me. She had left, unable to face her work. Others stood in the room. Two men, the brothers stood either side of the Dark angel. His eyes burning down at me as he impatiently waited for an answer. And answer I couldn’t give him. He would see through the lie. He would sense the lack of sincerity.

I felt the back of his hand, the rings cut my cheek as I closed my eyes. That was a mistake. His hand grabbed my chin and lifted my face to the light, the scratches oozed blood as it dripped down and onto the stone floor beneath me. The dark angel chuckled and I could smell the alcohol on his breath. He leaned down looking me in the eye. I studied him, his strength was there, this was a great man I told myself over and over. She had told me that belief in him would lead to my salvation. It would lead to me becoming what I wanted.

“I love you...I worship you…”

The words spilled from my mouth and he stayed staring, judging, studying. He believed. He knew he had me. He knew that I now had faith in him and what he had told me. He let me go standing up straight as he looked at one of the brothers with a nod. He backed away and I felt their hands on me. They groped, they moved, they pulled me into position and I stared at him. I couldn’t keep my eyes of the dark angel.

I knew what was happening. I felt it all. But I didn’t cry out. I didn’t make a noise or move. I let them do everything. Every manipulation of my body. But my eyes never left his. When it was over I laid there on the stone floor. I felt the cold dampness under me as they dressed me and left me. They walked out of the room and he stood there with a grin. His hand drifting down to my head pulling it up off the stone. I felt the leather slip around my throat, I felt it buckle and tighten, a chain connected. I was theirs now. I was a dog, a pet, a tool. Whatever he wanted me to be. And I would love him for it. Every smile or kind looks like a reward for my service. 

I had faith. For in his eyes bleached in fire and forged in anger I saw the face of god. And the true god was evil. The true god was poison. The true god was blind….just like faith.

India
This Week.

”Kayla”

Everything hurt. Everything. My head was throbbing, my body felt stiff and sluggish. I didn’t want to move, I didn’t even want to breathe or be conscious. I just wanted to sleep. I groaned and rolled over, slowly drifting back off.

”KAYLA”

I shot up and looked around, But I couldn’t see anything for a moment. The sun from outside shining in and making everything look white and bright. I forgot where I was, I forgot what day it was, I didn’t know anything. Slowly it came back, I was in India, and last night, despite not being many places you could find strong alcohol, I had been drinking. Drinking alot. I looked to the side, my little black dress sat on the floor, my black high heeled pumps next to it, my bra a little bit further.

”...Kayla are you listening to me?”

It was Finn, his voice breaking through the hangover haze, I shook my head and squinted, he was sitting next to me, under the covers, his upper body topless and showing, my eyes moving over the familiar tattoos I had seen many times. His hair over his eyes as he shook his head. What were we doing? Why were we in bed? I narrowed my eyes and cleared my throat, it felt like a cement mixer, the pain shooting from my throat down my chest. ”Oh shit….Finn?..did we?..”

He blinked a few times, he looked down and away and shook his head. ”I don’t..know…” He seemed so unsure, his mind fading and ticking over, as if he was trying to piece together the last 12 hours or so. Much like myself. It was a blur of food, music and alcohol. ”....Kayla…why are you naked?”

I shook my head, but then I looked down. He was right, my bare chest on display. I pulled up the sheet sitting back. I was embarrassed. But why? I wanted this. If It happened. I had wanted it for months. But now all I felt was, anger, embarrassment and a deep seeded feeling of regret. Regret that if something happened, I didn’t remember it. And sleeping with Finn, fucking his brains out, well, that is something I would want to remember. Or rather…

Something he should fucking remember….

”So you don’t remember?...wow Finn…WOW…nice to know I’m just one of your conquests. I would have thought maybe you’d remember it and maybe you’d understand…” I slid from the bed grabbing my bra, my dress and the shoes, trying to get them all on. Dropping my shoes on the floor and balancing as I do up my bra and sliding the dress up. Finn just looked shocked. ”Maybe one day you’ll appreciate all this…but I don’t know what to say to you anymore…”

”....YOU DON’T REMEMBER IT EITHER!”

I stood back, folding my arms over my chest and pushing my right leg forward. ”This is not about me…this is about you…” I gave him the appropriate amount of sass before clicking my tongue and throwing my hands in the air. ”And don’t raise your voice at me!” I grabbed my shoes again, turning and moving toward his hotel door, my purse in my hand, I grabbed the handle and then turned looking over my shoudler. ”For your information Finn…just incase you have doubts….I don’t sleep with just anyone…you need to think about what YOU want..” I slammed the door, I let out a deep breath letting the embarrassment fade away, I pulled out my hotel room key moving to the far end of the floor, making sure no one could see my walk of shame.

Queen of the internet

The sun was out, it was a beautiful day in one of the more upscale parts of Kolkata. Boutique shops and large glass buildings adorn the landscape and at a small cafe on the corner we see her. Kayla Richards. Her long black hair shining un the sun above, a pair of Gucci sunglasses over her eyes and she has decided to go with black jeans with stratigic tears in them, a black trivium shirt and black and white converse. A cup sits in front of her, almost empty of it’s liquid as she looks around and sits back, awaiting for the camera to come closer so she can record and post her thoughts on the upcoming match. A large tot bag sits next to her as she smiles and shakes her head.

”India has been good to me. And to think how I misjudged this country. I thought I was going to be strung up and killed once people heard my accent, but apparently thoughts of colonial Britain and the British raj years have been looked at as a distant memory as India enters a new golden age. And age where business and money is king. And I can tell you all right now there is no one better at making money and doing business than Kayla Richards.”

“And last time you all saw me I was reclaiming a vacated championship from the prospect of being destroyed. See, something people need to realise about championships is that it’s not the championship that makes the person, it’s the person that makes the championship. A championship only has prestige based on what the person holding it is able to do. This is an important distinction as I will be mentioning it later.”

“So, the Bombshells internet title, it’s one that had been raised up on a pedastal See, it had been a fixture on SCW television for a while until falling from grace and being deactivated. The championship has been passed around and held by some big names. But what did they do with it? And this is the problem, you think the Internet title means something because it was held by Amber Ryan, Roxi Johnson and Masque Delune. But what did they do with it? Amber vacated it because she didn’t want it, same with Roxi. And Masque used it as a tool to get to Roxi. No..this championship deserves better than to be passed around and used as a fucking bargaining chip…”

“I will not be using it like that. I won’t be “cashing” the Internet title in for a bombshells title shot. And don’t get me wrong, I don’t blame Roxi for choosing her world title over it. But there has been far far too much of this double title bullshit over the last few months. Roulette titles for world titles, internet title for world titles. Enough is enough. This title meant something when it was held by Myra Rivers, and despite the fact she traded it in for a world title shot she ultimately lost and started her downfall with, she still made the internet title MEAN something. That is my goal. I want to have a run with this thing that matters. I want my name to be as synonymous with the internet title as Myras is and as synonymous as my opponents name is with the roulette title…”

“That is the goal…”

Kayla titles her head, her accent being a stark contrast to some of the others we hear week in week out on SCW television and all the internet promotional material. She shifts her weight in tyhe chair, taking the last of her coffee down and reaching into her tot bag pulling out the Sin City Wrestling Bombshells internet title. She places it on her shoulder and strikes a pose as members of the general public stop and stare. Some realise that she must be someone of great importance. Others, to be honest, are looking at her like she’s an arrogant twat…and both are right,..

”This championship, for the last year or so has been passed around and looked at as a simple prop. As s9mething to add to those resumes. For every Myra Rivers or Andreas Hernandez who looked like they cared about the title and made it mean something we had a Kate STeele or looking further back a Polly Playtime. Ones who barely made a dent or elevated the championship or themselves. Or a Roxi or Amber. Women who had other things on their minds and couldn’t keep the title. Or…Masque De Lune. A crazy pot of insanity that held the title for about three months, could of made it worth something again but ultimately was too focused on Amber and Roxi…”

“That needs to end. That needs to stop and I have a chance to do it. And in my first defense, my first shot at showing the world  that this title will be brought back to prominence I am getting in the ring with Krystal Wolfe.”

“And I know most people are expecting me to rip her apart verbally, because that’s what I do. It’s what I did to Bea Barnhart, Keira and others. But, Krystal is a curious one. See, I talked before about titles not making the person and the fact names often become linked with said championships. Krystal is forever linked with the Roulette championship because of her reign. Almost a year of holding that trash bag title she made it worth something. And here’s the thing, I don’t like that title I don’t like the idea of that title and to be honest with you Melissa is the perfect champion for it.”

“But there was a moment where the Roulette title got pulled up from the depths of mediocre bullshit it had been mired in. Moments where it was looked at as a prize to be taken and cherished. And that was largely in part of you Krystal. And yes I know it’s weird I’m actually giving some sort of respect to someone, because since I stepped foot in SCW I have been doing everything but that as I step on toes and people. But, you deserve some for making that championship worth something. You held it for over nine months. Meanwhile since you held it, look at what it has become…”

“Held by four women, four different women in two thirds of the time. That isn’t how you maker a title matter. Keira beat you, a monumental win over a champion that meant something, only for her to basically lose the title right away. Seems to be a running theme with her doesn’t it Krystal? Then Diamond Steele got her hands on it, the same woman who won the Internet title in it’s re-establishment and then failed to do anything with it. And again, she failed with the Roulette title too. Then we saw Kat Jones, and even though Kat is a legend and is talented she’s also in the twilight of her career and failed…Melissa, as the current champion has a shot at doing SOMETHING with it. But if I’m honest…brutally honest…I don’t have high hopes.”

“So, Krystal, you can see the spot I’m in right?”

“I want to make the internet title mean something like you did the Roulette title. And you are standing in my way. And hey I get it, you’re probably thinking to yourself and running in your head that you, my little Australian fruitcake, could do the same thing right? You did it with the Roulette title, why not see too thyat challenge and go for the Internet ntitle to? And hey, maybe you’re right, maybe you could. But do you know the damage it would do to my name and my brand by losing the Internet title to you in my first defense only two weeks after I won it and liberated it from the other idiots?”

Kayla uses her phone to pay for her coffee, leaving a tip that equates to about fifty US cents, cause ya know. She’s cheap, and she gets up. She grabs the tot bag, keeping the internet title over her shoulder as she walks and flashes a smile waving her hand to the gathered masses who are wondering who this raven haired tattooed brit is with a championship belt and a camera crew in downtown Kolkata.

”See, I am selfish Krystal. I admit that. To do what I want to do I have to rob you of a chance to do it. And I have no problem with that. I would sell out my own sister for a title shot. And look at what I have done in a very very short amount of time Krystal. You started off the year as a champion, you started off the year as a force destroying name after name in pursuit of keeping that title. But since you lost it? Well it seems like you lost more than the title. You lost your relevancy. Almost like as you stepped up to the next rung of competition you faltered.”

“Since you lost that title what have you done? You had a chance to get the title back and failed. You have struggled and been very “mid” as the kids say.”

“But me? The only match I have lost since coming into this company involved a pool and the title you made matter. It wasn’t a wrestling match or a fight, it was a farce. And in last than ten matches, in fact in FIVE matches I have become a champion. And one on one, in actual wrestling matches, since, I am a PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER. Not an olympic diver, I am undefeated in WRESTLING matches. And that doesn’t bode well for you Krystal. You won your last match, but was it you who got the win? Or Carter?...think about that. Are you really the one who is going to carry this title to prominence?...”

“I don’t think so…”