Author Topic: “I’ve Been There!”  (Read 712 times)

Online Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“I’ve Been There!”
« on: August 03, 2022, 06:43:40 AM »
Following her win against Georgie Robertson during the opening show of the India Tour in Mumbai, Jessie’s issues with Melissa hadn’t seemed to have died down, if anything the fact that the rookie sensation won the Bombshell Roulette Championship at Summer XXXTreme had caused the tension between the two Bombshells to heat up culminating in a tense sit down interview during the second show of the cycle

The bosses have taken notice, and for the Main Event of the Bangalore show they had decided that it was the Bombshell Roulette Division’s turn to take centre stage after the men’s division Main Evented the opening show, it was Jessie vs. Melissa for the Bombshell Roulette Championship it what could prove to be the tensest match the division’s seen since Krystal Wolfe and Char Kwan faced off for the title at last year's High Stakes, can Jessie win the title for the record fifth time?

Backstage at Climax Control 337, Jaipur, India
Sunday the 31st of July 2022, 23:00pm

Puts things in perspective, doesn’t it?

You know the story behind the situation I’ve found myself in lately, I’ve found myself falling into the role of the Bombshell Division’s Gatekeeper having faced off against several newcomers in a row, twice against Levana Cade, once against Zoey Lukas, once against Chloe Benton and most recently against Georgie Robertson! Off those four Bombshells I’ve only failed to defeat Zoey but her record is no longer spotless thanks to her recent Mixed Tag Team Loss even if Miles took the pin! However, there is the elephant in the room.

No, I’m not saying that because we’re on a two month tour of India!

My issues with Melissa date back to the last cycle where she was just another newcomer, impressive in her debut against Chloe sure but whilst Chloe is a sweetheart, she’s far from the toughest Bombshell on the roster! Then the qualified for the Bombshell Roulette Title Match at Summer XXXTReme by beating Ariana, then she got another win over Mercedes Vargas in a warm-up match that I was on commentary for.

You know the rest, before I knew it the young upstart Bombshell I’ve had issues with over the past couple of months was the new Bombshell Roulette Champion which left me with a conundrum, will I let her have her time in the sun as champion? Or will I set my sights on her new gold belt?

You already know the answer to that question, it was just a matter of when the Bosses booked the title match for.

”Fresh faces holding the Bombshell Internet and Bombshell Roulette Titles, yet Roxi retains.” I commented to myself as I watched Roxi retain the title over Diamond, Kayla had won the Battle Royal meaning that the two new faces on the title scene in the Bombshell Ultimate X Match a few weeks ago where now holding titles, and with Roxi vs. Masque II on the horizon the title scene was about to get interesting. ”This cycle is shaping up to be an interesting one.”

”Do you always talk to yourself or does that only apply to title pictures?” I looked up and saw Ariana walking up to me, she was trying to hide it but it was clear that Ariana was frustrated with her performance in the Battle Royal, I’m no mind reader but having been in that situation more times than I cared to count over the past ten years? Yeah, I knew what was going through the young Greek-American Bombshell’s mind. ”Why were you watching my match anyway? Don’t you have Melissa to worry about?”

”Just because I’m feuding with the current Bombshell Roulette Champion doesn’t mean I can’t keep an eye on the other divisions Ari! Especially when you look at how the Main Event scene is developing.” I responded and Ariana went to retort but couldn’t find the words, I guess it was at that point that my motherly instincts took over even though Ari was eleven years younger than me because my expression softened as I walked up to the younger Bombshell. ”Look, competing for titles is never easy in SCW, especially not in a match as stacked as that Battle Royal, you’ll get your moment in the sun! I know it took me a while to get my first title!”

”Thanks, just wish I had lasted longer than “the Bombshell eliminated after Bea Barnhart!” Ari grumbled in response before we got the text notification on our phones, at this time of night and on a Sunday no less? Yeah, that could only mean one thing. ”Looks like the bosses have sent the new card out.”

”Wonder what’s in store for us next week?” I asked trying to lift Ari’s spirits up with my positive attitude in the process (what? I’m not a total bitch 100% off the time) and whilst I couldn’t tell if that had any affect on Ari we did check our phones. ”You’ve got a rematch with Alicia Lukas.”

”Just what I need, another tough as hell match.” Ariana sighed to herself as she leaned against the wall. ”Looks like it’s going to be a really good show otherwise! Zoey vs. Sam, my bestie against Miles in the opener which is practically a dream match for him and………” Ari trailed off as she went through the rest of the card and saw the main event. ”You might want to scroll down to the Main Event!”

That caught my attention, the normally bright and bubbly Ari was clearly feeling her frustration at that time so seeing the dead serious look on her face told me that I should follow her advice and I scrolled down. ”Well, I’ll be damned!” I commented with a laugh as I looked at the main event. ”Me vs. Melissa for the Bombshell Roulette Title, I thought for sure that they were going to save that for Violent Conduct!”

”That’s what me and Krystal thought as well, but this definitely throws a spanner in the works.” Ariana commented with a nod as she folded her arms. ”Think you can beat her for that record fifth reign?”

Now THAT was a loaded question. ”Can’t say I’ve ever faced a former kickboxing champion turned wrestler before, much less one that was trained by Goth.” I admitted as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”I’ve got her past matches to go back too but this will be Melissa’s first real test, if anyone knows how unpredictable the Roulette Wheel can be it’s me!”

”You at least have Roulette Division experience on your side, but good luck.” Ariana added as she went to run off. ”I’m off to find Carter and wake him up when he realizes that he’s facing Milo, see you in Bangalore!!”

”See you!” I called back before walking in the direction of the parking lot.

Well, at least I wasn’t facing another Georgie Robertson!

Outside Jessie’s hotel room. Bangalore, India
Monday the 1st of August 2022, 17:00pm

Funny how things change over time.

Before the pandemic August was usually when me, Jake, and Shane (plus whoever else was taking the trip) were gearing up for our yearly trip to the Bloodstock festival in the UK, that is still going on, the only thing related to Bloodstock that got cancelled by the pandemic was the 2020 festival but since then? I haven’t really had the desire to make the trip out! I don’t know if it was because I caught covid when SCW was doing the UK leg off the ill-fated Homecoming tour but even though I know that things are getting back to normal over there, I probably won’t resume my yearly trips until I do hang up the boots for good!

But alas, instead of making those final preparations, I’m preparing to challenge for the Bombshell Roulette Championship on Sunday Night, if I were still going to Bloodstock and I won the title I’d probably take it with me! (and no, I wouldn’t risk taking it to the festival grounds, I would’ve left it under lock and key in my hotel room), but there is a big obstacle standing in my way of that with or without the yearly trip.

Namely, the defending champion .

”And I thought that Yamoussoukro place in Africa was going to be the hardest place SCW visited as far as name pronunciations went.” I commented to myself as I looked at the name of the arena that was playing host to this Sunday’s Climax Control. ”The place hosting Climax Control this week isn’t that much of a mouthful compared to the other Indian arenas but it’s still a bitch to pronounce.”

”I think that African place still has it beat, it took me and Makayla at least ten attempts to get something that sounded correct only to find out that we had butchered it.” I heard a familiar Aussie accent ring out and I glanced up spotting Krystal doing what I was doing, hanging out outside my hotel room ready to head out. ”Basiclly imagine Jason Adams from that show’s intro but shared between two Australian women.”

”Why do I get the feeling that Makayla’s Greek side came out at least twice during that conversation?” I asked with a chuckle and Krystal laughed before nodding to confirm it. ”Meant to ask actually, how is Ari? I know she was frustrated after her performance in the Battle Royal!”

”She did mention running into you after last night’s Main Event and finding out about your respective matches in the process.” Krystal commented with a nod before she leaned against the wall. ”Other than what you saw? She’s fine, me and Carter gave her a pep talk after she mentioned her match against Alicia though to be honest? I’m more interested in your match.” Krystal admitted and I gave her a raised eyebrow in response.

”Going against a fellow Go Gym Graduate again?” I asked with a curious look on my face and Krystal shook her head. ”I saw that conversation with Ari, you backpaddled more than a politician caught in a major scandal!”

”Yeah but I like to think that I’m a hell of a lot more honest than the average politician! Besides, I’m just looking at it from how it will impact SCW cards down the road!” Krystal admitted as she brushed some hair over her shoulder. ”Don’t get me wrong, I love Ari but a second meeting between everyone’s least favourite wrestling veteran and a plucky Greek-American rookie with nothing at stake but bragging rights or a title match in the Main Event that pits a slightly less unpopular wrestling veteran against a rookie sensation? I know what I’m paying attention too! Especially since my Bombshell Roulette Title Reign gave my career the shot in the arm it needed?””

”Good to know I’m only a rung higher on the “wrestling veterans that are total bitches” totem pole than Alicia I guess! Otherwise? You make some good points.” I admitted with a nod and Krystal chuckled before I shifted the topic. ”You held the Bombshell Roulette Title a lot more recently than me, what’s your take on Melissa as champion?”

”We won’t know her true nature as a champion until her first defence, I guess that’s where you come in.” Krystal admitted with a shrug as she shifted her weight. ”Personally speaking? Melissa has been undefeated upon arriving in SCW, she won a title at her first PPV AND fourth match and she’s only getting started! I had the rookie year that most rookies would kill for but Melissa has had the start that I would’ve killed for!”

”I’d argue that point but considering that it took me until after the original Summer XXXTreme to win my first match in SCW? I have to agree!” I admitted as I shifted my weight and Krystal nodded in agreement. ”But aside from the Ultimate X Over The Pool Match all of Melissa’s matches so far have been standard fare, and this is the Roulette Wheel we’re talking about so who knows what it’ll land on!”

”Yeah I have nine title defences that prove how unpredictable the Roulette Division can be, though I still haven’t been able to shake the feeling that Diamond rigged the last one to screw over me or Keira.” Krystal commented as she shook her head before glancing over at me. ”But hey, if the wheel lands on Poolside Brawl you and Melissa will be guaranteed to look a hell of a lot better than Bill!”

”Thanks! I had just purged that from my memory!” I responded with a shudder and Krystal laughed. ”Besides THAT? That’s an incredibly low bar to set!”

”Yeah, you’re right, if I had set the bar any lower you could’ve stepped over it!” Krystal joked and as much as I hated THAT mental image, she was not only right but her comment did get a laugh out of me. ”Fancy joining me for dinner downstairs? Makayla’s sleeping off the fight and I’m too jet-lagged to even think about going street food hunting right now!”

”Sounds good, and I was going to go on a guided tour of Bangalore anyway, lot less walking involved if you’re interested.” I offered Krystal and it didn’t take the Aussie long to agree with the idea and we were soon headed downstairs.

Hotel Restaurant, Bangalore, India
Monday the 1st of August 2022, 17:45pm

I’ve had a lot of time to think.

By that I mean I’ve been thinking a lot about my title match against Melissa on Sunday Night, the last time I challenged for the Bombshell Roulette Title was back in 2020 and right after I was attacked by Sin, Johanna Krieger was the champ at the time having beaten Seleana Zdunich for the title three weeks prior at that year’s Violent Conduct and even without the attack by Sin most people were expecting a (relatively) easy first defence for Johanna based on my track record against the Wolfslair members in Mixed Tag Team Title Matches.

You should know the story by now, Johanna got cocky and it cost her the title, then she went and bitched to the bosses about a fluke win and got a rematch a few weeks later in which she retained the title, if you ask me the fact that that bitch hasn’t held a title since losing the Bombshell Roulette Title to Royal Purple at Inception III is karma at it’s finest but that’s beside the point, that brief Bombshell Roulette Title Reign would prove to be my last flirtation with a title reign for a while, not for lack of trying off course, my last attempt to win a title was during this year’s Inception PPV where I unsuccessfully challenged Andrea Hernandez.

Needless to say, I’m looking to break that streak on Sunday Night, off course, Melissa and Johanna Krieger are completely different beasts.

”So yeah, Cassie’s debut match went well, we’re just waiting for that episode to go on the air.” Krystal commented breaking my train of thought, I knew her younger cousin had wasted little time in finding a home fed and whilst the lack of activity from said home fed was worrying me I was glad that the little protégé had managed to find work so quickly. ”Jess? Did I interrupt your day dream?”

”Sorry Krys, I was just thinking about my history with the Bombshell Roulette Title for a bit.” I commented with a shrug before taking a sip of my drink. ”This year’s the tenth anniversary of my SCW Debut, but 2023 will mark ten years since my first title win.”

”That’s right, you won the title for the first time at Blaze of Glory II, didn’t you?” Krystal asked when she remembered that milestone in my SCW career and I nodded in response. ”And then that whole Team Erick debacle ruined it for you.”

”To be completely honest? If there’s two things I could change about my first two years in SCW, it would be these things.” I stated and Krystal gave me a curious look before motioning for me to elaborate on it. ”Number One: ask Jake to accompany me on the road from the outset instead of Katie, I love my stepsister but she was never that big a wrestling fan to begin with, and she used the legendary bloodbath between Misty and Roxanne as a convenient excuse to go back home to Miami as soon as possible. That and her revealing my past drug addiction on camera did harm my relationship with her for a while, to the point where I was relieved  that Jake was taking over the role of my babysitter.”

”I think I remember Jake telling Makayla that your extended family knows that your past issues with cocaine are far behind you and that he pretty much sticks around because he enjoys being around you and Shane.” Krystal commented and I nodded in response as I shifted my weight. ”Surprised you don’t have any long term health issues from that, cocaine’s one of the nastier drugs around.”

”Who said I didn’t?” I asked bluntly and Krystal gave me a surprised look. ”I don’t know the medical terminology but I have heart issues from my past drug use, have to take medication daily to keep my ticker in check and yes, the bosses know about this! After my drug issues were made public I figured I may as well come clean with the health issues that stemmed from it, thankfully the side effects are relatively minor as the medication tends to make me drowsy.”

”Considering that you still get booked regularly then the heart issues aren’t that serious if the medical staff keep clearing you to wrestle.” Krystal commented with a shrug and I nodded. ”I mean, Makayla won’t even risk going into wrestling because of her family’s history of heart issues.”

”The worst issues I get is occasional heart palpitations, and those usually happen in the middle of the night.” I explained as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”Luckily Shane shares a bed with me and knows to get my meds if the palpitations get bad but even incidents like that are rare.”

”Doesn’t mean that they won’t get worse as you get older unfortunately, but you are still relatively young.” Krystal commented and once she saw the look on my face after mentioning that she wisely decided to change subject. ”You never said what the second thing you’d change would be, didn’t you Jess?”

”Nope! We got side-tracked by my past drug issues and the health effects that come with them! I only request that you don’t relay this to anyone else less the bosses overhear.” I added before leaning forward. ”There isn’t a day that goes by when I wonder “what if I had joined Team Erick instead of Team SCW”, and after all the bullshit I endured from the bosses in the nine years since that debacle? I wish I were Team Erick in hindsight.”

”No wonder you don’t want the bosses to overhear that, Matthew was a member of Team Erick and Mark still holds a grudge against him.” Krystal commented with a nod before sighing. ”But do you really think your second year in SCW would’ve played out any differently?”

”I got attacked by half the Bombshell Locker Room during my first ever title defence because I was Team SCW.” I commented as I shook my head bitterly. ”I’m still bitter about that just under a decade later but I can’t help but wonder if things would’ve played out differently if I had joined Team Erick instead, who knows? Maybe that title reign could’ve extended too Hostile Takeover?”

”That is a big maybe, Team SCW had some of the best Bombshells of all time among its ranks and whilst Team Erick was no slouch in that department you would’ve had pissed off ex-NXT Teammates coming after you.” Krystal pointed out and I had to admit, the Aussie had a point there, off course, hindsight’s 20/20 and all that. ”You mentioned that you were thinking about the defence on Sunday?”

”Yeah, and how the last time I was the first challenger for the Bombshell Roulette Title was during Johanna Krieger’s reign in 2020, if you ask me, the fact that she hasn’t held a title since her second reign ended is perfect fucking karma for that bitch refusing to admit that her cockiness cost her the title and not a fluke win but besides that?” I asked before shifting my weight. ”Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.”

”I’d make a joke about your World Bombshell Title “campaigns” but that’s low hanging fruit.” Krystal responded as she shook her head and I nodded in agreement. ”You’re wondering if Melissa will fail to learn from Johanna’s mistakes?”

”As wrestlers they couldn’t be more different, but there is one edge Johanna has over Melissa as far as women I’ve challenged for that title goes, and that’s experience.” I responded as I shifted my weight and Krystal nodded as she started to get the idea. ”Melissa’s a rookie sensation sure, but what’s the keyword there?”

”Rookie.” Krystal realized as she got the idea and I nodded in response. ”You’re thinking that her inexperience will get the better of her sooner rather than later?”

”That’s the thing, it’s already started.” I responded as I leaned forward and Krystal gave me a curious look. ”Think back to her last match, the one where she won the title.”

”The Ultimate X Over The Pool Match, I was pulling for Kat to keep the streak of the reigning champs retaining going but we both know how that ended.” Krystal nodded as she got the idea. ”Wait, do you mean where Melissa had Kat up for that Suplex for a long time whilst Kayla scaled the structure?”

”Got it in one! If Melissa hadn’t abandoned that idea then Kayla never would’ve been in last week’s Battle Royal due to her winning the Bombshell Roulette Title then and there.” I explained with a nod as I leaned back. ”The thing with rookie sensations is that they are still prone to making rookie mistakes, Cassie will make them once she starts wrestling for real, Ari made one in last week’s Battle Royal and it cost her the match, there are other examples can list sure, but that makes my point pretty clear, doesn’t it?” I asked before a waiter finally came over to take our orders, we ordered our food and after apologizing because it was a busy night (which we had noticed) he walked off.

”Surprised you didn’t list Adrienne letting her success get to her head that early, unless you believe her when she says that she wanted to prove that she belonged.” Krystal commented and I shook my head, I did sympathize with Adrienne since I was the same age as her when I debuted but even I had to admit that that was not a smart choice even after Amber refused her challenge. ”Okay, what about me? I was a bit more experienced than the other recent Go Gym Graduates when I debuted for SCW, but many still consider me a rookie sensation.”

”You not only won a title in your first full year in SCW but you held it for the rest of the year and went undefeated for most of the reign, I’d say that more than qualifies.” I responded with a nod and Krystal grinned a bit at my ego stroking. ”As for your rookie mistakes, they were few and far between because again, you waited a few years before joining SCW, but one that sticks out to me was letting a carny scumbag like Matthew Kennedy influence you for so long.”

”No argument there! I’d say, “at least it led to me meeting Cassie for the first time since she was eleven” but I maintain that we would’ve run into each other eventually, if anything I wish I had met her before she started training because I could’ve used my name to get her in the Go Gym.” Krystal admitted as she shook her head and I had to agree, would’ve saved us a lot of headaches either way. ”I mean hell, you were there when I met up with her again, she was only a few months into her training but so far ahead of the rest of the class it wasn’t even funny.”

”The PTA Gym did an admittedly decent job of nurturing her natural wrestling ability, Hero Academy just refined it.” I responded with a shrug and Krystal nodded in agreement. ”And based on you and the other Go Gym Graduates? I’d say she would’ve gotten the best of both worlds right from the start if you had gotten to her first.”

”True enough, it was like for me when I enrolled at the Go Gym, natural wrestling ability runs in my family I guess.”  Krystal responded with a nod but before we could reminisce on the past more our starters arrived and we were soon more interested in our food.

Lalbagh Botanical Garden, Bangalore, India
Wednesday the 3rd of August 2022, 16:00pm

*promo time*

Promoting a combat sport match in a botanical garden, ironic, isn’t it?

”I don’t know if the fact that I beat Mercedes Vargas to the 200 SCW Matches Milestone, by a week mind you but still, gave it away or not, frankly I don’t give a shit, but I have been in SCW far longer than most of the modern Bombshell Roster! Hell, in some cases certain Bombshells were pre-teens at most when I made my SCW debut ten years ago!” I commented before chuckling to myself. ”Is there a point to this beyond making me feel old as shit? Off course there is! I may be one of the oldest active wrestlers on the roster but that just means that I have a decade of experience over most of the roster and that goes double for the current Bombshell Roulette Champion Melissa who will be competing in her fifth match on Sunday Night against me in the Main Event against me! Throw in the fact that her titles on the line and, well, the pieces start to fall into place, don’t they?” I commented before brushing some hair over my shoulder.

This will be interesting.

”You know it’s funny, I honestly can’t remember the last time that a rookie came into the promotion and had the start you’ve had Melissa.” I stated as I walked around the botanical garden. ”Is it it the fact that I’ve been around so long that all the former Bombshells start to merge into one? Don’t be ridiculous, no one’s going to get the likes of Bobbie Dahl or Sierra Williams mixed up with any single member of the Mean Girls that aren’t in SCW, it's just the simple fact that thanks to the past ten years of wrestling experience, I thought I had seen it all.” I commented with a shrug before leaning against a nearby tree. ”Then you came along.”

What a shock to the system that was.

”Before your debut I had Levana Cade pegged as a possible winner of this year’s Future Star of the Year Award, off course that was before she peaked at the Blast from the Past Semi-Finals and went into a tailspin that she hasn’t been able to recover from as of this promo but my point still stands, but after your first few weeks with the company Melissa? I’m not so sure.” I commented before I continued walking through the gardens. ”It’s no secret that you’ve had one of the best rookie years ever Melissa, not only have you gone undefeated since your arrival in SCW but you qualified for the Bombshell Ultimate X Match and won the thing were most people expected Kat Jones to retain the title and join Krystal and Seleana as the only Bombshell Roulette Champions to retain the title in that match, but let’s have a look at your competition up to this point.” I said as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”Shall we?”

Let’s.

”Chloe Benton, if you looked up the definition of underdog in the dictionary, you’d find a picture of Chloe right next to it! She has had the exact opposite run of luck to you Melissa, being fed to every other new Bombshell on the block for most of her career, you included! Ariana Angelos, a step up from Chloe for sure, but someone who’s still finding her feet after her move from SCU, Ari has a bright future in the business if you ask me, she just needs to start believing in herself more.”  I said before folding my arms. ”Mercedes Vargas, some might call her your first real test in SCW, a wrestling veteran who has done it all and then some, someone smart enough to identify that your main strength is your kicks and target them in the match to try to neutralize your kicking power, Mercedes still lost by submission but whilst me and Mercedes have never been friends, I’ll give her credit for having a good idea! And then, came the Ultimate X Match!” I said before smirking to myself. ”The match where the kinks in your armour started to show.”

I should explain this.

”You, Mercedes Vargas, Kayla Richards and the reigning Bombshell Roulette Champion Kat Jones, the match against Mercedes was your first real test then the Ultimate X Match was where you were pushed to the limit! It’s also when your biggest weakness started to show itself for the first time, and unfortunately for you Melissa, it’s not something you can get rid of that easily.” I commented as I shook my head. ”Don’t get me wrong Melissa, you are a rookie sensation and it’s clear as day that Goth trained you well but there is a keyword there and that’s “rookie”, I’ve seen it happen way to many times to count, we get these rookies who are natural talents in the ring, young wrestlers who are way too good for their experience level, but eventually their rookie status starts to catch up with them and they start making mistakes that wrestlers with a lot more experience can take advantage off, you nearly lost the Bombshell Ultimate X Match because you chose to see how long you could hold Kat Jones up in a Stalling Suplex not realizing that Kayla Richards was going after the title.”

Mistakes that won’t be forgiven.

”And too be honest? Whilst Kayla is a bitch, she did the right thing at that moment and I would absolutely do the same thing is her shoes.” I said as I shook my head. ”Your desire to show off your strength nearly cost you the title for which we are competing! Now I am fully aware that the likelihood of the Ultimate X Over the Pool Match is unlikely to come up because since that match’s inception I don’t think I’ve ever seen it on the Roulette Wheel.” I added before chuckling to myself. ”And now that I’ve said that the bosses are probably adding it to the wheel as we speak! But my point still stands Melissa, you’re a rookie and you are prone to making a lot more mistakes than a veteran like me, mistakes that someone with over ten years of wrestling experience can and will take advantage off!”

Someone like me.

”I know I have a reputation for being one of the Bombshell Divisions favourite punching bags due to my win/loss record, but the simple fact is that you don’t spend ten years in any industry, let alone the wrestling industry, without learning a shit ton of things about it! I guess that’s why I’ve been thrust into the gatekeeper position in recent weeks.” I chuckled to myself as I walked through the garden. ”You on the other hand Melissa still have a lot to learn about wrestling, by winning the Bombshell Roulette Title on your fourth ever match you certainly turned a few heads, mine included, but in the process you learned to run before you learned to walk.”

What do I mean by that?

”That’s the thing with rookie sensations like you Melissa, being so good right out of the gate leaves you and your ilk wanting the wrestling world at your fingertips before your out of the proverbial crib and winning the Bombshell Roulette Title this early in your career will certainly be good for your career! It might even net you this year’s Future Star of the Year Award and for the second year in a row it would be won by someone who won the Bombshell Roulette Title on their first try, but before you go comparing yourself to Krystal Wolfe I’m going to stop you there.”  I said as I folded my arms. ”Krystal is a good friend of mine but even she will admit that she made mistakes during her reign, it just took until her second cycle for those cracks to show, the cracks in you however have started to show barely three weeks you’re your reign.” I added before scoffing. ”New record? Maybe, but did you want to set that new record? I doubt it!”

That will be your downfall.

”In the end Melissa your reign will come crashing down because the bosses decided to put you against a veteran who’s motivated enough to go for a title that she thought she was done with, and you want to know the hilarious part Melissa?” I asked with a laugh before flipping some of my hair over my shoulder. ”You’ll have no one to blame but yourself when the dust settles and I’m holding the title for the fifth time in my career! You see, I wasn’t going to reveal this publicly but I want to turn the clock back to Mark Cross’s King for a Day Show this past May, you might remember it as the day when we first met, when I was set to team with Matthew “The Raven” Knox in his first match as World Heavyweight Champion against Mark Cross and Levana Cade in a Blazing Tables Match, Mark Cross likely didn’t even realize what he had done when he made that match but he forced me to make drastic changes to my plans.” I added before frowning. ”I was going to announce my retirement as a wrestler that night.”

You heard me.

”I’m not saying this because Kat Jones just announced her retirement, frankly this is something that’s been on my mind for most of the year but the truth is that I’ve got so many nagging injuries that every time I visit the SCW Medical Staff for a check-up I half-expect them to turn around and say that I’m one bad fall away from being in a wheelchair for the rest of my life, but when that match got announced I had to change my plans.” I said as I shifted my weight. ”My opinion on Matthew soured the week after, but I wasn’t about to leave my partner high and dry, and right before I won that match for my team we met for the first time and you unintentionally set me on my current course.”

Funny how things work out.

”Maybe it was the thrill of competing in such a dangerous match on a night that was meant to be my last as a wrestler? Maybe it was seeing someone so young take the Bombshell Division by storm? Either way, that night lit a fire under me that I thought was extinguished during the dark days of 2018 and suddenly I found myself more motivated than I’ve ever been.” I added before chuckling to myself. ”All because Goth wanted to introduce his fiancé/wrestling trainee to one of the Bombshell Division’s stalwarts, and here we are, just under three months later, ready to duke it out for the Bombshell Roulette Title.”

It's that simple.

”In a way I have to thank both Goth and Melissa and to a certain extent, Mark Cross, it was Mark that forced me to nix my retirement plans and it was Goth and Melissa that reignited the fire within me that had been extinguished for years! I guess you could say that they are responsible for my career renaissance!” I said as I paced around the gardens. ”But I don’t think Goth and Melissa have quite grasped the mistake they’ve made, because a motivated Jessie Salco won almost every title in the Bombshell Division, a motivated Jessie Salco went to war with some of the best wrestlers in the Bombshell Division’s history, a motivated Jessie Salco is exactly the worst person you can defend a title against ESPECIALLY when it’s your first defence and ESPECIALLY when it’s your first ever title defence.”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”Make no mistake Melissa, if you do retain the Bombshell Roulette Title on Sunday Night it’ll be because I pushed you to the fucking limit and you roared back, determined to prove that you are not a fluke champion.” I added before chuckling. ”If it sounds like I’m speaking from personal experience, it’s because I am! I’ve been there so many times over the past ten years, trying desperately to prove my doubters wrong and that I’m no fucking fluke! The more desperate you get, the more susceptible you are to mistakes, that’s a lesson I’ve learned ten times over and when you combine that potential desperation with the fact that you are a rookie Melissa, it’ll just make you easier to hit like Blood Lightning by your next Bombshell Roulette Champion Jessie Salco, what comes next is up to you Melissa! See you on Sunday!”

I left the gardens as the scene fades.