Author Topic: “Good Luck Killing This Dream!”  (Read 580 times)

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“Good Luck Killing This Dream!”
« on: May 24, 2022, 05:45:48 PM »
(Gabriel was used with Mark’s permission)

Ariana would pick up the win over Char Kwan in her PPV debut getting her long sort after revenge in the process! However, she would soon hit a new low as Ariana would end up becoming the servant of her hated enemy Veronica Taylor over in GCW during the break and just to twist the knife further, the young Greek American woman was back in action on SCW during the King for a Day Special, the night was already proving to be a chaotic one for SCW in general but Ariana was in one of the few singles matches that night, the problem?

She was taking on Kayla Richards! Like Char, Kayla was returning from an absence, unlike Char Kayla’s absence was due to a clerical error that was soon cleared up and she was a dangerous competitor in the ring having proven herself in Pro Wrestling Excellence! Can Ariana keep her win streak alive against the woman who called herself the Dream Killer or would Kayla prove too much for her to handle?

Traveling back to Las Vegas
Sunday the 22nd of May 2022, 17:00pm

Talk about a roller-coaster.

This past two months have been nothing short of magical, I got to compete in my home country of Greece, I got signed to an official SCW Contract, I finally got my revenge on Char Kwan in front of a roaring Athens crowd, and then I ended it like this.

For context, SCW isn’t the only fed I work for, I also work for a smaller fed called GCW and they just had their big Resurrection event! I joined GCW during the lead up to Blaze of Glory X due to uncertainty with my SCU contract at the time and whilst that ultimately ended up being a moot point (both because I won my match against Donna Beauchamp and that SCU would be closing after Supernova) I figured I may as well stick it out especially since I had restarted my old feud with Veronica Taylor in that promotion.

That brings me to Resurrection, me and Veronica were put in a multi-person match to kick off night one of the event where we had to grab briefcases to win, each briefcase having a different prize which was revealed on Night Two, there was the standard prizes like a title shot against a champion of the winner’s choice but the one I was interested in was the Destiny Briefcase, because whoever got the Destiny Briefcase would be owed a favour by whoever got the briefcase with nothing in it.

I was hoping to get control of Veronica that way, instead, Veronica got the Destiny briefcase and I got nothing! Resurrection is a three night event but I don’t even want to attend he third night, hence why I’m flying back to Vegas with Francisco.

”Ari, don’t worry, this will work out fine!” Francisco assured me and I glanced over at him. ”Veronica will probably use her favour for an extremely petty thing, then you can get back to kicking her ass.”

”I’m not worried about the favour itself, I’m more worried about what Veronica will have in store for me.” I responded as I shook my head before Francisco nodded in understanding. ”They’ll be a two week break in between GCW shows, at least in that time I can focus my efforts on SCW! I don’t know what Amber and Mark will have in store for the rest of the roster but I doubt Amber’s ideas are going to be pretty! Mark? Who knows what ideas he has, though I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t line himself up for a title match against Matthew Knox.”

”That does seem to be the popular thing with the winners of those ladder matches.” Francisco commented with a shrug before I stretched my arms a bit. ”Did Krystal ever tell you what her plans were?”

”Only that her main plan was to give herself a shot at the Bombshell Roulette Title regardless of who walked out of Athens the champion, Kat Jones is a new face to the division so I think it’ll be interesting to see how she does.” I responded with a shrug before I heard my phone’s text notification. ”I put that thing in Airplane Mode, right?” I asked Francisco who nodded in response.

”It was the first thing we did before we boarded.” Francisco reminded me and I nodded before getting the phone out and checking the text. ”I take it they announced Amber’s card?”

”Close, seems that they swapped the orders around this year! Mark’s card is up first.” I explained to my boyfriend who nodded as he got the idea. ”If Mark Cross ever starts up a fed, remind me not to join it! His match ideas are weird! Weirder than the Greek Tragedy Match!”

”Let me see.” Francisco offered and I nodded before showing him the card. ”Mini MX Mayhem Match, Agostino Romano vs. Mac Bane, that is certainly a unique match to stick the now former World Heavyweight Champion in, and I take it you saw the match after it?”

”If you mean my match against Kayla then yeah, I saw it almost immediately.” I commented with a nod as Francisco handed me my phone back and I went through the rest of the card. ”If Jessie was announcing her retirement next week then I think Mark just unintentionally messed with her plans, she’s teaming with Matthew Knox in the Main Event to take on Mark Cross and Levana Cade in a tag team Blazing Tables Match, and surprisingly Mark Cross didn’t make it a title match.”

”Maybe he wanted to avoid a situation similar to when Amber Ryan defended the World Bombshell Title in Blast from the Past where Mercedes lost the title match and wasn’t even involved in the decision?” Francisco offered as an explanation and I had to admit that Francisco probably had a point. ”Thoughts on facing Kayla?”

”Honestly I thought she had left after her match against Bea but according to the card, that was due to a clerical error which the bosses resolved during the break.” I responded as I shook my head before shifting my weight. ”She was impressive against Bea but one win over Bea Barnhart doesn’t exactly amount to much! I know she was competing in the defunct PWE promotion before she joined so maybe I can look up her matches in that promotion?”

”Couldn’t hurt, might be worth a chat with Gabriel as well, but maybe do that when we get home? I think there’s still an hour left in the flight.” Francisco suggested and I nodded in agreement before I settled in to watch an inflight movie.

Go Gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 24th of May 2022, 09:00am

There’s no place like home.

I bet that sounds weird considering that I just spent five magical weeks in my family’s home country but it’s like I said at the beginning of the Greece Lightning Tour, my family is Greek, but I was born after my parents moved to Pittsburgh! And well, after I enrolled in the Go Gym and got disowned by my parents for it Las Vegas pretty much became my new hometown for lack of a better word! Since me and Francisco returned from Greensboro our focus has been on one thing.

Namely? Training!

Francisco started training at the new school ran by Team Hero yesterday alongside Krystal’s teenage cousin Cassie and the girlfriend of fellow Go Gym Graduate (even if she doesn’t advertise it on her Twitter) Chelsea Skye known as Sarah Blaze whilst I was training at the Go Gym for my match against Kayla! From what I heard Francisco was doing well but was being overshadowed by Sarah and Cass (though to be fair Cass is a natural in the ring).

And with my training comes a chat with the guy who runs the school!

“I must congratulate you on your win over Char Kwan Ariana.” Gabriel commented as I entered his office and I grinned before making myself comfortable in front of him. “Though I will admit that her lack of promotion for the match puzzled me as well.”

”I’m still wrapping my head around that because it was her big return match but instead it went over like a fart in an elevator.” I commented with a frown and Gabriel nodded in agreement. ”If anything I just contributed more to how much of a mixed bag Into the Void XI was for the Go Gym, and I’m not even getting into what happened to Fenris!”

“I haven’t heard from Fenris since he returned from Greece, and as much as he’d hate to admit it his wrestling career is up in the air right now.” Gabriel nodded in agreement as I leaned back in my chai. “However, you have more pressing concerns than that! Your next match is against Kayla Richards and whilst I don’t know a lot about her or have seen much of her work, the match against Bea Barnhart exposed her as a dangerous competitor.”

”With all due respect, Bea Barnhart is a joke, her only title reign was that Mixed Tag Team Title Reign with her husband and she ended up costing her team the titles.” I responded as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”Granted that match was against Austin and Tempest in a transparent attempt by Queen Alicia to grant her friend a title reign but defeating Bea is one thing, she has yet to face any real competition in SCW and as the relative newcomer on the SCW Bombshell Roster, I have a lot to prove!”

“That is true, I said as much to Tempest during the lead up to that match.” Gabriel nodded in agreement as he leaned forward. “But if I were you, I’d look up her work in Pro Wrestling Excellence, Chelsea was her co-worker and Krystal watched it regularly, you have two  of your fellow Go Gym Graduates vouching for her skills as a wrestler even if it’s unlikely that Chelsea will join the fed any time soon.”

”I know but if Kayla’s expecting another easy ride then she’s in for a surprise.” I commented with a nod before Gabriel got a notification through the desk phone. ”New arrival?”

“Yes, it appears that Krystal has arrived for some training.” Gabriel nodded in response after he chatted with the front desk. “It would be good for you both to get some training in together, even as a sparring contest.”

”No argument there, she’s my friend and one of the best female graduates of recent memory.” I responded before I stood up to go meet with Krystal. ”By the way, what do you make of Jessie Salco’s vague retirement tweets?”

“It’s hard to say, I haven’t spoken to her in years but as wrestlers get older the injuries do pile up, it appears that Jessie was no exception.” Gabriel explained and I nodded as I got the idea. “She is approaching the tenth year anniversary of both her SCW and Supercard debut, it stands to reason that Jessie’s ten years of little to no breaks and high flying style has caught up to her.”

”Is there a chance I’ll end up like her by 2032?” I asked with a concerned look on my face. ”I work a similar style to Jessie and I’m eleven years younger than her.”

“It’s possible but you are still young, you can adapt your wrestling style as you go along.” Gabriel advised me and I nodded in response. “Jessie’s past drug use isn’t exactly a secret, perhaps that plays a part in it.”

”Except that Jessie will be the first one to tell you that she’s been sober for well over a decade.” I pointed out and Gabriel nodded in resignation. ”If I run into her during the week I’ll ask her but I have some training to do.”

“I hope it goes well.” Gabriel nodded before I left his office.

Go Gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 24th of May 2022, 10:00am

When I left Gabriel’s office it didn’t take me long to locate Krystal, she was warming up in the ring by doing some stretches in her wrestling gear and looked up when I cleared my throat.

”Hey Charlotte.” I greeted the Aussie who grinned as I walked around the ring. ”Here to get some training in?”

”You know it! And when I saw your car parked out front I knew I was in for a good training match.” Krystal responded with a grin as she stretched her arms and I responded with a nod, luckily I had already gotten changed into my wrestling gear before my meeting with Gabriel. ”Especially knowing who you’re facing.”

”Yeah I saw your tweet.” I nodded as I rolled into the ring and started warming up myself. ”What do you know about Kayla that I couldn’t learn from watching her match against Bea?”

”Three words, Strong Style Sociopath.” Krystal responded as she continued to warm up. ”And before you ask, that’s how she describes herself! She’s a lot like Alicia except there’s only one person she cares about and her name is Kayla Richards! She’s been a champion in most places she’s competed in and it’s likely that she’ll be out to continue that trend when the bosses consider her seasoned enough to challenge for titles.”

”No doubt about that.” I nodded in response as I leaned against the turnbuckle. ”But going from Bea Barnhart to a Go Gym Graduate, even one as fairly new as me. Is quote the leap!”

”I know, I even told Kayla that Bea was harmless when she requested that she face Bea in her debut, but trust me, she’s dangerous.” Krystal informed me and I nodded in understanding. ”Don’t underestimate her, you already have a bad track record with Strong Style opponents thanks to your match against Alicia and Kayla makes Alicia look like saint!”

”As bad as Alicia can get, I can understand that because she is an egomaniac but she looks after those who are loyal to her, if your correct about Kayla then she’s loyal to no one but herself.” I responded with a nod before I got ready to spar. ”I’m ready when you are.”

”Just what I wanted to hear.” Krystal responded with a grin before we started sparring.

Go Gym Parking Lot, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 24th of May 2022, 18:00pm

*promo time*

Home sweet home.

”Greece was as magical as I imagined when SCW’s tour was announced but now that I’m back in America and will apparently remain here for the Summer XXXTreme Cycle I may as well face it, the Greece tour was practically my honeymoon period as an SCW Bombshell and the weeks leading up to Summer XXXTreme X will be my chance to prove that I belong here! And that starts this Sunday where I’m going one on one with another woman who made her SCW Debut during the Greece Lightning Tour, her name? Kayla Richards!”

This will be good.

”I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know a lot about you Kayla. I know that you’ve been described as a sociopath, that you work the Strong Style wrestling style and that you have been a champion in nearly every promotion you’ve joined, I don’t think I need to point out that you are a daunting opponent for anyone, much less someone who’s only been in the business for three years like me but it wouldn’t be the first time that I surprised someone with more experience than me!”

Nor the last.

”I don’t know what you think of me Kayla, for all I know you could view me as the bubbly Greek Girl who got a showcase in her family’s home country and got a full time SW contract on the back of that, well regardless the last thing you should dol as we head into this match is underestimate me, I am a former champion in SCU, I am a graduate of the famed Go Gym, maybe you’ve heard of some of the other wrestlers who graduated from there?”

I doubt it but still.

”Regardless of if you have or haven’t, I’m entering this match with something to prove, that I didn’t get that SCW contract because SCW was touring Greece at the time and they thought that signing a Greek girl whilst touring Greece would be a good publicity move! I’m heading into this match determined to prove that I belong on the SCW Roster and no matter who gets put in front of me in the coming weeks, I will do just that! And Kayla? You just so happen to be the one I’m facing first!”

And the one I’ll beat!

”I will grant that as a first opponent on this quest, you provide an intimidating obstacle to overcome! My last match against a strong style wrestler didn’t end well for me and undoubtedly that will weigh heavily on my mind especially since you apparently make my last opponent Alicia Lukas look like a saint! But I refuse to be intimidated by you Kayla and I will be the first to deal you a defeat in an SCW Ring!”

It's that simple.

”I know you call yourself “The Dreamkiller” Kayla but all I can say to that is this, good luck killing this dream! Because my dream of being a successful SCW wrestler is still burning bright and when I beat you on Sunday Night in Los Angeles I will only reinforce that statement by getting the win over you! After all, I’ve already ruined the big return of one SCW Bombshell in Char Kwan and if winning this match means ruining your return? Fine!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”Does that make me the “Returnkiller”? if it does then I guess I can make that nickname stick as well! Kayla you are going to prove to be my toughest challenge to date even compared to Alicia Lukas because at least Alicia is loyal to those she calls her friends, you only care about yourself which is a shame because your selfishness will catch up with you starting with our match where you’ll bear witness to the grace of the Angel’s Descent courtesy of “The Greek Angel” Ariana Angelos!”

I got in my car and drove off as the scene fades.