Author Topic: Tempt the Fates  (Read 591 times)

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
Tempt the Fates
« on: April 01, 2022, 11:58:46 PM »
[size=105]Palma Non Sine Labore.[/size]

[size=105]Ok, I know...it’s Latin and not Greek but I feel like it really fits as of late. [/size]

[size=105]No Victory Without Work.[/size]

[size=105]Mercedes Vargas can kiss my arse.” Miles said, chucking his phone to the side and stretching out comfortably in the first class seating that they got for their long flight.[/size]

[size=105]Just a few short hours ago they had been in Seattle, WA, Miles making his grand return to PWS: Apex in a tag match in the main event. He was caught by surprise when after his and Audrey Russow’s win, Jack Russow showed up and motioned that his future was set and it was indeed Destiny that they would be meeting.[/size]

[size=105]But that had to wait. The Gods were calling him as if it was some weird twist of fate.[/size]

[size=105]Beside him was Becca Larkin, she wasn’t going to turn down a trip to Greece even if it meant a redeye across on a long ass flight. She sighed and looked over at him, “She can’t get simple stats right. Why bother yourself?[/size]

[size=105]Cause she tagged me and I was curious. Should have known better honestly.” he said, grabbing a bottle of water, “I’m just more annoyed that the stats reset but there was no issue in bringing up my shortcomings against Bill last year.[/size]

[size=105]Well...we know why that is.[/size]

[size=105]Eh, it’s in the past. I have been doing what I have to do to get back there for the chance at the Roulette Championship, but it’s always going to be a struggle especially when I blew that whole chance at Blaze of Glory.” he cracks the bottle open cause he knows he was getting a little loud and needed to calm down. International Waters, who knows what would happen. He takes a big gulp and lets himself simmer down, “All I know is this whole tour in Greece has to be more for me. I’m so sick of being touted as the one to show all the promise and not having a damn thing to show for it.[/size]

[size=105]Becca smiles at him, “Then do it.[/size]

[size=105]That’s the plan.” he said with a simple lift of his eyebrow, “For now, we sleep for the Gods of ole are awaiting us.[/size]

[size=105]Ope?” she says with a little hope.[/size]

[size=105]Miles shakes his head at her with an almost glimmer in his blue-green eyes, “Not til we land.[/size]

[size=105]Becca slumps back in her seat and crosses her arms in an almost pout, “Aww...you’re no fun.[/size]

[size=105]And I’m not getting thrown off this plane while we fly over international waters, love.” he says with a laugh, “Sleep.[/size]

[size=105]The Gods Smile[/size]

[size=105]The Muses are laughing.[/size]

[size=105]...Not at me, Alexander.” Miles stands on the sandy beach of Corfu, Greece overlooking the water that practically matches those eyes that are currently tucked behind a pair of expensive looking sunglasses.[/size]

[size=105]They are laughing at you.[/size]

[size=105]They are laughing at you because I can at least admit that I fuck up. You HAD A CHANCE to become a Roulette Champion on one of the biggest shows of the year and holy fucking hell, mate...you BLEW IT!” his head drops and he gives a toothy smile with a laugh to follow behind it, “But I bet you are just too proud to admit that. You come across as this pretentious jerkoff that can’t seem to get beyond the idea that you are probably more profound than you actually are.[/size]

[size=105]I can’t quite put my finger on it but honestly, you just have the ability to perhaps piss me off. I don’t get it, you probably should be in this match as a champion but you manage to get your fucking ass kicked no matter what. Fenris beat you solid, Barnhart PWNED your arse and I get what? The leftovers.[/size]

[size=105]I’m not about to start this tour getting my ass beat by the wrestling equivalent of a Toyota Hybrid. I was forced to rent one of those a while ago and believe me mate...they suck.[/size]

[size=105]He looks up at the skies, “So I’ll say it again, those muses are laughing at you not at me because now I am motivated to finally live up to this potential that everyone wants me to be. I’m not going to let it weigh me down because I’m not letting the fates tell me that I am not good enough. Come hell or high water, 2022 is going to be that breakout moment that everyone has been patiently waiting for. Destiny awaits.[/size]

[size=105]And it’s time that I tempt fate and become one of those Gods.[/size]