Familj
« on: December 17, 2021, 10:53:16 PM »
Off-Camera

Tuesday, December 14, 2021
Den
Annis Residence
San Clemente, California
10:01 AM  PST

The drive to San Clemente was always both relaxing and challenging at times. Traffic in and out of Los Angeles was never fun but once you were able to get loose from the quagmire of that system, everything quieted down.

At least, as much as it could on major thoroughfares in Southern California.   

With Alex Caldwell in Japan getting ready for a big Tokyo Dome show, Seleana and Christina Zdunich had traveled together, along with their daughter, eleven-year-old Aurora, to San Clemente to the home of SCU’s own Haylie Jo “Halo” Annis and her wife, Brittany Williams-Annis in order to touch base with Christina’s elder daughter. Aurora was excited for this and the possibility of getting to hang out with her sister and sister-in-law’s housemates, the current G.R.I.M.E. Tag Team Champions in SCU, Chiaki “Ch Chi” Sanada and Jane “The Hammer” Harper, 2 Broke Chicks. The three pull into the gated driveway, Aurora beaming excitedly.

Aurora Zdunich: Are Jane and Chi Chi gonna be here too?

Seleana smiles.

Seleana Zdunich: It is possible, they do live here as well, ja?

Aurora nods excitedly.

Aurora Zdunich: Yeah!

Christina steps from the car and sighs.

Christina Zdunich: They don’t like me much, do they?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: No. But you have not given them the chance to see you without your public face.

Christina nods, seemingly steeling herself for what is to come.

Christina Zdunich: You’re right…

As they approach the door, it opens to show a smirking Halo.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: She tends to be that…

Aurora runs up and hugs her sister-in-law.

Aurora Zdunich: Hi, Halo!!!

Halo hugs her back.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: How y’all doin’, Rora?

Aurora looks up at Halo, smiling enthusiastically.

Aurora Zdunich: Is everyone here?

Halo shrugs apologetically.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Cheech and Jane stepped out, they’ll be back eventually. B-Brat’s home though.

Aurora’s eyes light right back up and she hurries inside, looking for her sister all the way. Halo watches her go and just shakes her head.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: That little one is like GoGo without the accent!

Seleana and Christine both smile as Halo turns back to them.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: How y’all doin’, Mama Sel?  Mama Chrys?

Seleana walks up and hugs her daughter-in-law.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, I am good.  How are you?

Halo nods and Seleana enters the house.

Christina Zdunich: I’m here…

Halo exhales and then hugs her mother-in-law.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Y’all’s more than just… here, Mama Chrys. Now come on in before y’all set to tryin’ to kill each other again.

Christina nods and steps inside the house as well. Halo follows, closing the door behind them. 

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: So what’s up? Y’all sounded serious when ya called.

Seleana and Christina both nod back.

Seleana Zdunich: Is our arrival why Chi Chi and Jane are not present?

Halo shakes her head.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Naw, they was goin’ out anyway today. This just made them think it was an even better idea if y’all was gonna come over and have ya a come to Jesus meetin’. 

Seleana takes this in and nods acknowledgement.

Seleana Zdunich: You and B-Brat have had your own, ja?

Halo looks like she wants to say something immediately but catches herself and pauses, seemingly thinking this whole idea over.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Kinda, sorta…

Seleana and Christina both frown in confusion.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: I mean, we talked and she tried to make me understand why she did what she did and tried to get me to not be angry with her no more. I think she was worried with how Jane and Cheech are, havin’ three of us in here upset with her was not a healthy thing.  Which….

She nods slowly as if acknowledging the point.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Yeah, alright, it ain’t but that don’t mean you’ve unscrambled them eggs. I was lookin’ at her like, B, that dog don’t hunt no matter how much you might want it to. I think that shit’s over but…

Seleana nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja.

Christina sighs heavily.

Christina Zdunich: I know I wasn’t the greatest mom on the planet but…

She shakes her head, looking like she was going to start bawling all over again.

Christina Zdunich: What have I done?

Seleana moves quickly to hug her wife.

Seleana Zdunich: It is not all your fault, Estrellita.

Halo nods in agreement.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: You can lead a horse to water, Mama Chrys, but you can’t make it drink. Works both ways, you can set it up for good or bad, but you can’t make it pull the trigger either way. That’s on them.

Seleana nods her agreement with Halo.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, es la verdad, Estrellita.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: I didn’t mean to cause more problems for y’all, if I did, I’m sorry.

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: Nej, you did not.

Christina shakes her head as well.

Christina Zdunich: No, it was me.

Halo nods, then glances back towards the back room.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Imma go see if I can’t get this shindig rollin’ some for ya.

She walks back to where B-Brat and Aurora are and a few seconds later, B-Brat walks out to see her mother and step-mother. She stops, looking at them sheepishly.

Brittany Williams-Annis: Hi.

Seleana and Christina both look at her, Christina still teary-eyed while Seleana exhales heavily.

Seleana Zdunich: Hej.

Christina stares at her daughter for what seems like years before finally finding her voice again.

Christina Zdunich: Do you hate me?

Brittany stares at her mother, her mouth falling open in shock.

Brittany Williams-Annis: I… no! I…

Brittany looks away, the guilt and shame building up inside of her.

Brittany Williams-Annis: I just… I wanted that moment so bad. I wanted…

Her hands fly up and allow her exasperation to fly into the air as well.

Brittany Williams-Annis: I don’t know what I wanted. You have accomplished so much and it's never enough and I know I can’t measure up! Even Seleana has done better than me and she didn’t even want…

Her hands fly back down and pound on her thighs.

Brittany Williams-Annis: I wanted it to be me this time! I wanted…. Aunt Jenny came and started talking about things and then we were talking to Stephanie and we all said some stupid shit and then…

She shakes her head and turns around to face her mother.   

Brittany Williams-Annis: I thought if I took my place on top, maybe I could be…

Trailing off, she shakes her head.

Brittany Williams-Annis: I was stupid, ok? I got ahead of myself, and you were never supposed to be caught in that.

She nods to Seleana.

Brittany Williams-Annis: I’m sorry you got hurt. You weren’t supposed to get…

Tears start to come to her eyes now as well. Christina pulls away from Seleana and walks to her daughter. She looks at Brittany and places her hands on the younger woman’s shoulders.

Christina Zdunich: I’m sorry I was such a terrible mom. I wanted to give you everything I never had and all I did was deprive you the way I said I wouldn’t…

Fresh tears start in Christina’s eyes and Brittany looks up into them.

Brittany Williams-Annis: I’m sorry I’m such a disappointment.

Christina shakes her head and takes her daughter into her arms. 

Christina Zdunich: You are not a disappointment, Brittany. You’re my little girl and I love you!

Brittany grabs onto her mother.

Brittany Williams-Annis: I love you too, Mom!

Seleana walks over and hugs both of them.

Brittany Williams-Annis: You don’t hate me?

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: Never.

Brittany clamps onto both women, crying profusely. Christina holds onto them as well and Seleana nods as she completes the family embrace.

Seleana Zdunich: HayJo, come in, please?

Within seconds, Halo and Aurora have entered the room as well. Seleana motions them over and the two join the family embrace as well.

Christina Zdunich: I love you all.

Seleana Zdunich: Alltid.

On-Camera

Friday, December 17, 2021
Driveway
Zdunich Residence
Hollywood Hills
Los Angeles, California
5:01 PM  PST

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich standing in the driveway of the home she shares with her wife, Christina Zdunich, their girlfriend, Alexandra Caldwell and their eleven-year-old daughter, Aurora. Dressed in jeans and a Zdunich Zoological Gardens  t-shirt, Seleana almost starts walking back to the house.   

Seleana Zdunich: Family…

A smile comes across Seleana’s face.

Seleana Zdunich: You understand what a family legacy is, Violet, ja?

She nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: How many Holts have there been in this sport now?

Looking away, Seleana seems to be contemplating the answer by doing some quick math in her head.

Seleana Zdunich: I know several were in a company with my family before. Dustin, Caroline and Shelby...

She shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: They came in with a great reputation. They were to be a dynasty that dominated the company. They were given every opportunity to do so…

Pausing, Seleana looks directly into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: But did they do so?

Seleana Zdunich: Dustin won tag team gold for what felt like a fleeting moment. Caroline won a single championship for an even more fleeting moment and became more known for her revolving door of subordinate partners.

She pauses and then nods in an almost amused acknowledgement.

Seleana Zdunich: Ok, flunkies.

Seleana shakes her head, the amusement continuing on her face.

Seleana Zdunich: She went through so many and yet, nothing happened. Nothing changed. She just….

She snaps her fingers.

Seleana Zdunich: Vanish… poof…

Shrugging, Seleana looks back up to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: Dustin did too and Shelby….

The amusement is now gone, replaced with almost horror.

Seleana Zdunich: Well, is she even remembered for working there?

Seleana looks down and shakes her head almost sadly.

Seleana Zdunich: I know the pressure level that comes with a family legacy. My cousin, Alexi, won tag team championships when she competed. Her husband is a six-time world champion. My sister is a multiple time tag team champion as well.

A small smile comes over her face.

Seleana Zdunich: Another cousin, Maja, won tag team gold.

She looks down at her hand and starts counting off names.

Seleana Zdunich: My sisters-in-law have both been world champion and won several other championships each.

She nods to her hand.

Seleana Zdunich: My wife has so many championships, sometimes I wonder if even she has lost count. .

Pride starts bleeding into her eyes.

Seleana Zdunich: Our daughter-in-law has won many championships, as has our daughter.

Looking back into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: And that leads us to this Sunday in Las Vegas, ja?

She nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: You and I meet and we face off, Violet. We compete for ourselves but we also compete to add to our family legacy. I can say I’ve added much to that legacy on my side. I have been World Champion. I have been Roulette Champion. I have won tag team gold elsewhere on more than one occasion and now I put to bed the question of whether I belong here.

She glares into the camera, pointing at herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I know I belong!

Her hand falls away out of the shot but the glare remains.

Seleana Zdunich: I know I can compete with anyone. I am not the frightened girl that came into this sport without any real knowledge of what she was in for!

She points at herself again.

Seleana Zdunich: I was not handed what you were. I have had to follow the laws of the jungle to get where I am! I have had to work three times a hard to prove everyone wrong and still it is not enough for some.

Seleana shrugs again.

Seleana Zdunich: It is alright, I know, for some, it will never be enough but that will not kill me. In fact, it will drive me on to further prove them all wrong! It will drive me on to go out and continue to compete and continue to prove things every time I go out there. I may not win all the time, but I leave the ring with the knowledge that the one who stepped in with me knows they have been in a fight.

She nods pointedly.

Seleana Zdunich: And so it will be with you, Violet. Las Vegas is my second home here. It is where I found my second daughter and it is where I will prove things to you and everyone else all over again!

The camera zooms in to frame her face.

Seleana Zdunich: Välkommen till djungeln!